Forum Settings
Forums

'Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?' Unveils Cast, Staff, First Promo

New
Nov 19, 2020 6:48 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the television anime adapting Okina Baba's Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? (So I'm a Spider, So What?) light novel unveiled cast, staff, the first promotional video, and a second key visual (pictured) on Friday. The anime series will begin airing on January 8 at 9:30 p.m. on AT-X, followed by Tokyo MX, BS11, KBS Kyoto, Sun TV, and TV Aichi, and run for two consecutive cours.

Cast
Schlain Zagan Analeit (Shun): Shun Horie (Kanojo, Okarishimasu)
Karnatia Seri Anabald (Katia): Nao Touyama (Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri)
Hugo Baint Renxandt: Kaito Ishikawa (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari)
Suelecia Zagan Analeit (Sue): Yui Ogura (Joukamachi no Dandelion)
Feirune (Fei): Eri Kitamura (Made in Abyss)
Filimøs Harrifenas: Kaya Okuno (Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku)
Yurin Ullen (Yuri): Aimi Tanaka (Himouto! Umaru-chan)
Julius Zagan Analeit: Junya Enoki (Jujutsu Kaisen (TV))

Voice actress Aoi Yuuki (Enen no Shouboutai, Youjo Senki) is starring as the protagonist Kumoko and performing the ending theme "Ganbare! Kumoko-san." Singer-songwriter Riko Azuna (Yagate Kimi ni Naru) is performing the opening theme "keep weaving your spider way."

Staff
Director: Shin Itagaki (Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi)
Assistant Director: Shinichirou Ueda (One Room Second Season chief director)
Series Composition: Okina Baba, Yuuichirou Momose (Infinite Dendrogram)
Chief Animation Director: Tomohiro Yoshida (Cop Craft)
Character Design: Kie Tanaka (Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu)
Monster Design: Masahiko Suzuki (Kami no Tou), Ryou Hirata (Campione!), Hiromi Kimura (Berserk key animator)
Art Director, Art Setting: Shinji Nagaoka (Persona 4 the Animation, Digimon Adventure tri.)
Color Design: Chieko Hibi (One Room)
Director of Photography: Hideki Imaizumi (Sousei no Onmyouji)
Editing: Takashi Sakurai (Dorei-ku The Animation)
CG Director: Kazuo Yamaguchi (Wake Up, Girls! Shin Shou)
CG Production: Exsa
CG Production Cooperation: ENGI
Music: Shuji Katayama (Overlord)
Sound Director: Shin Itagaki, Yuuichi Imaizumi (Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita.)
Studio: Millepensee

Baba began penning the adventure fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in May 2015. Kadokawa published the first volume in December that year, featuring illustrations by Tsukasa Kiryuu. The 13th volume shipped on July 10. Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? has a cumulative 3 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

Kadokawa's Young Ace UP web magazine began serializing a manga adaptation by Asahiro Kakashi in December 2015. The ninth volume went on sale on October 10.

PV

Source: Repotama!
VindstotMar 5, 2021 5:01 PM

Nov 19, 2020 6:55 PM

Apr 2015
Can't wait for this anime finally be aired... I love Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka? manga n webnovel... ๐Ÿ’•

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Nov 19, 2020 7:53 PM
Mar 2015
Vindstot said:

Staff

just say Berserk 2016 director
Nov 19, 2020 8:47 PM

Jul 2015
edge13 said:
Vindstot said:

Staff

just say Berserk 2016 director

At least those who really want to watch isekai and tensei will have plenty of options next season. Easy pass on this one.
Nov 19, 2020 9:32 PM
Jul 2018
Damn, that looks absolutely awful.
Nov 19, 2020 9:37 PM
Jul 2018
I read the manga and it's a bit boring. I enjoyed some parts though...
Nov 19, 2020 9:49 PM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Probably doesn't look the most appealing PV out there but I'm fairly looking forward to this nonetheless.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 19, 2020 11:29 PM
Aug 2017
Light novel is easily the best Isekai out there.
Staff list the one everyone is worried about is the Berserk 2016 Director but looking at his other works it seems fine? like no stand out shows but after Berserk this seems to be the only other highly regarded source material he gets to adapt and looking at the trailer it doesn't look even remotely as bad, the CG seems of acceptable quality and it seems to be outsourced.
the one that worries me more is the Art Director/Setting, P4 the animation I don't remember too well besides just being overall mediocre and Digimon tri, in terms of visuals, was pretty trash, hope we don't see fights reduced to a slideshow of stills as some kind of montage of time passing as they're a big highlight early on.
Nov 20, 2020 12:24 AM

Feb 2017
People clowning Itagaki for Berserk, but his other directorial job on Bento was terrific. The CG honestly doesn't look bad, so as long as the story is interesting to follow, I'm willing to give it a shot.
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Nov 20, 2020 1:13 AM
Dec 2018
I finished reading the 10th volume of the novel yesterday. It doesn't seem like it will be a good adaptation but I'll try to watch it nonetheless.
Nov 20, 2020 1:53 AM

Jun 2014
Yeah, it looks awful. They initially revealed another awful CG pv years ago so this was expected.
:3
Nov 20, 2020 2:19 AM

Jan 2015
So yeah, my favorite light novel just got adapted by the worst studio out there in making CG. I’m so mad yet still happy. Hopefully it will be a faithful adaptation
Nov 20, 2020 2:41 AM

Apr 2014
This series deserves so much better than what this preview suggests it'll be getting...
Nov 20, 2020 4:04 AM

Sep 2017
Ugh, Millepensee and Itagaki...

Another CGI mess incoming
Nov 20, 2020 8:10 AM

Apr 2012
Does this franchise have such a gender-neutral cast?
Nov 20, 2020 9:44 AM

Aug 2019
I'm honestly kinda hyped for this one lowkey. Judging by that PV combined with the premise, this anime looks like something I could watch on a cozy night if I'm tired. I see a lot of people up there complaining about the studio though, so I have my doubts.
Nov 20, 2020 11:05 AM
May 2016
I'm a little worried by the director and studio, but it doesn't look nearly as bad as Berserk, also I love the main voice actress for her work on Tanya and Symphogear, so I'm definitely giving this a watch
Nov 20, 2020 5:55 PM

Apr 2013
This fucking staff, hahahahahahaha... Well, at least Okino Baba is on Series Comp. Gives me some hope this'll at least be a faithful adaptation that's paced properly.
ใŠใ‚ŒใฏPigAmericanใงใ™
ใŠใ‚Œใฏใฐใ‹

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Nov 20, 2020 6:00 PM

Jan 2019
I'm cautiously optimistic. Hopefully the CGI isn't atrocious.
Nov 21, 2020 2:17 AM

Jan 2020
Fuck even though this is the same studio, how the hell does it look better than 2016 berserk!
Judging by the staff I would definitely keep my expectations low but don't forget they had a lot of time working on this project so it better not come out sh!t.
Nov 21, 2020 8:41 AM

Mar 2014
For the guys (studio, director) who did the cursed Berserk 2016 adaptation, this is one hell of a improvement on CGI! I guess 4 years was enough time polish animation skills?

RobertBobert said:

Fun fact: the red haired girl was a guy before being isekai-ed and tensei-ed on a princess body.

Guess the yuri and yaoi crews will have fun shipping him/her with every1.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Nov 22, 2020 2:20 PM

Mar 2014
Looks pretty interesthing.
Dec 8, 2020 10:44 AM

Jul 2016
Im disappointed by the staff for one of my fav LN. But the PV has some passable CGI scenes. And the author seems handling the scripts. But giving it a low expectation.

Dec 18, 2020 8:22 PM

Apr 2012
Fabris said:
For the guys (studio, director) who did the cursed Berserk 2016 adaptation, this is one hell of a improvement on CGI! I guess 4 years was enough time polish animation skills?

RobertBobert said:

Fun fact: the red haired girl was a guy before being isekai-ed and tensei-ed on a princess body.

Guess the yuri and yaoi crews will have fun shipping him/her with every1.

I would not be surprised if, with such makings, the show will be more popular than any actual yuri or BL in the same season.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

1 by ZXEAN »»
4 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

22 by Piromysl »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.