Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 18, 2020 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Back to school life, and this episode totally felt like filler LOLS. Nevertheless, I did not expect to enjoy this episode A LOT with smiles and laughters of an all-men wingmen ideals.

So instead of progressing the story, a filler side-story with the girls of Ye Ran High School fawning over the bishies (now plus Tao and Takeo).

But Shinwoo highlighting his "love interest" for Seira, and the desire with asking the others for advice (even Raizel). But no matter their different advices, it just puts pressure on Shinwoo. Even the basketball play can get serious to ruin the collective efforts with just some serious people like M-21, Regis and Takeo. Oh well, the damage has been done, and the reciprocation of feelings also resolved.

What's that you say? Erase the humans' memories of the Nobles? YES, to protect their line of heritage and keep mum forever, but it's a necessity for all those who are involved in this situation, esepcially for humans Shinwoo and Ik-han who will keep suffering the consequences time and time again.

Time to get back to the main plot next episode!

A pretty slow-burning episode, but in no ways bad.
Nov 18, 2020 6:30 AM

Feb 2019
Damn, my mans Yuu finally realises how he feels about Seira, writes a love letter and stages all this stuff to impress her, only to have his memories overwritten the same day. Pain.

If feelings remain, hopefully that ship can still sail somehow someway later on.

Dude at the end of the episode looks like he’s gonna be a problem. I expect shit to pop off next week. Can’t wait
Nov 18, 2020 6:31 AM
May 2014
papa Gejutel will arrive in classroom next episode as we can see from the after credits scene
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2020 6:32 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Interesting episode. At first I Was like "oh no! A pointless filler-like episode which won't advance the plot", which then turned into a "oh yes! A pointless filler-like episode which is really funny so who cares about the plot". This is easily one of the funniest episodes of anime that I have seen in a long while and almost felt like a Gintama episode. The basketball parody was hilarious.

It seems from the end credits scene that the new arc will start in the next episode. Although I wouldn't mind just having more of these comedic episodes as long as they keep the quality of the jokes.
Nov 18, 2020 6:38 AM

Nov 2019
First half felt like a mixture of romance and sports

Aside from that, that last scene looks like it will set up a promising arc regarding Regis and Seira.
Nov 18, 2020 6:48 AM

Apr 2019
Drama heavy episode, really felt like I was watching a romance anime for the majority of this episode. Memories being erased yet, that's pretty harsh. That ending makes me wonder if he actually did erase their memories this time. Decent filler episode I guess.

Nov 18, 2020 6:56 AM

Jan 2014
Kinda felt bad that they've had their memories erased. Like I doubt they would've ratted them out, or done something bad towards them. If anything, they'd be on their side. But nope.
Nov 18, 2020 7:07 AM

Jul 2020
Probably the best episode I've watched after Noblesse: The Awakening. Comedy was just gold in this ep and the final touch at the end was great as well. I wonder how the rest of the episodes are gonna turn out, considering there are only about 6 eps left and other villains are gonna show up. Hope it doesn't end up as the second The God of Highschool in terms of pacing(though it has been good so far).
Even if I'm alone, I'll go, even if I want to die.
I can hear your voice, saying I shouldn't die.
Even if it's difficult, even if I cry from loneliness
I can feel warmth from deep inside my heart.

Going round-and-round and flowing, time is ever-changing.
I can't remember what happened anymore, but
If I try and close my eyes, I can hear someone's laughing voice
For some reason, now, that is My Most Precious Treasure.

from Ichiban no Takaramono, by LiSA
Nov 18, 2020 7:18 AM

Sep 2019
This episode was definetly different than others but I enjoyed it. The basketball game was fun, everyone went full try hard mode and forgot about Yuusuke.
Nov 18, 2020 7:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yuu in love with Seira haha the basketball match to "impress" her was really funny.
And then after 16 minutes, it became really serious, they erased a part of their memory hmm.
Well the last scene is definitely interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing the next episode
Nov 18, 2020 7:27 AM

Mar 2020
Well now Takeo and Tao join the school to attract all the females at the school lol.

The basketball game was pretty fun to watch however a sad ending for one person at the end.

Erasing their memories...kinda gave me Assassins Pride flashback if you know what I'm talking about.

Fun episode :)
Nov 18, 2020 7:28 AM

Aug 2008
Omg that basketball match ... poor guy...beside rai and shin all.shined actually
I even laught
Second part was more serios
Time for the new and sadly last arc i think sniffy
The spider is watching
Nov 18, 2020 7:48 AM

Oct 2017
Why tf they added a filler episode lol? This is only gonna have 12 episoded and now one episode wasted on random crap, great. Also that Seira love letter part was so fucking random and weird.

Anyway Raskreia my girl finally made her anime appearance.
Nov 18, 2020 7:52 AM

Aug 2013
The basketball game was fun. Everyone forgot about Yuu.

Things should get a lot more interesting judging from the ending.

Nov 18, 2020 7:57 AM
Nov 2017
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Bullshit filler after 5 bullshit fillers and one actual action episode. Once again, if Crunchyroll has the money to animate the entire 500 chapters then great we can go as slow as u want but if ur doing this with no guaranteed future then this is a waste of money. Yuu should be going after his best friend again if anything to make it interesting but has she even made an appearance since the ova much I can’t remember. And seira is way to old to date a human so that’s out of the question
Nov 18, 2020 10:29 AM
Nov 2020
Why do people think this is a filler episode? Most of the stuff in this episode besides the basketball game was actually in the Webtoon and yes including Shinwoo and his little crush ( the only difference was he had a crush on another character, who was one of the dull side characters, not Seira ). But otherwise, the memory erase and the end credits was all Webtoon source just being told a little differently. So technically this episode isn’t a filler at all.
Nov 18, 2020 10:42 AM
Nov 2020
I could feel Rael jealously aura somewhere~
I want to see Rael to be animated so bad:( but i guess he won't..
Nov 18, 2020 10:47 AM

Jun 2013
I had high hopes for this show but it goes down and down the drain of mediocrity .
Erasing the memories every time basically cuts off all character development for those two.
And the rest have no development at all.
We do not see the realization of Seras and Regis of who Rai is , we do not see the explication provided to the two humans after witnessing Rais blood power thing . I it just a daily lives of high school boys and vampires . Nothing more

Manga / manwha readers , how is this show different from the manga ? What exactly did they do ? I cant believe that such a hyped show is this plain.
Nov 18, 2020 11:03 AM

Jul 2015
This was a fairly good episode imo..
for a filler i should laughed so freaking hard throughout the episode..
also the dramatic end sure it on soft spots..
Erasing memories is practically sem as killing someone. so it was pretty sed.
Nov 18, 2020 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
I don't remember shin-woo writing a love letter on the manhwa, the basketball scene was so funny xD.
Nov 18, 2020 11:16 AM

May 2019
It was a very entertaining lighthearted episode.

I still insist that this adaptation is the best among the 3 webtoon adaptations.

Also in the post credits scene
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Nov 18, 2020 11:21 AM

Apr 2015
eurunik said:
I had high hopes for this show but it goes down and down the drain of mediocrity .
Erasing the memories every time basically cuts off all character development for those two.
And the rest have no development at all.
We do not see the realization of Seras and Regis of who Rai is , we do not see the explication provided to the two humans after witnessing Rais blood power thing . I it just a daily lives of high school boys and vampires . Nothing more

Manga / manwha readers , how is this show different from the manga ? What exactly did they do ? I cant believe that such a hyped show is this plain.

you need to wait a little before things getting more exciting. In future they will show you everything.
They cut some of the story, which is sad :(
As someone who read manwha many times I feel there something lack in the anime, but I can't describe what exactly is missing !!.
But trust me the story is so gooood, I hope the anime wouldn't ruin it.
Nov 18, 2020 11:24 AM

Apr 2015
nanimeanswhat said:
It was a very entertaining lighthearted episode.

I still insist that this adaptation is the best among the 3 webtoon adaptations.

Also in the post credits scene

Nov 18, 2020 11:41 AM

Apr 2015
We're back with the funny SoL/comedy episodes. Whoever is in charge should seriously consider adding the "comedy" and possibly the "slice-of-life' genre to this show, or viewers would be like, "I didn't sign up for this!"
...Anyways, I could understand *a little bit* why they decided to adapt these parts into an episode instead, or it wouldn't have fit the 13 eps otherwise. RIP Yuri and Yuna, you will be missed for not even existing in the anime lmao. I guess Shinwoo's change in love-interest to Seira could be seen as a setup to the next arc? So happy to hear Raskreia's voice at the post-credits and ahhh

Aroooooha2000 said:
Why do people think this is a filler episode? Most of the stuff in this episode besides the basketball game was actually in the Webtoon and yes including Shinwoo and his little crush ( the only difference was he had a crush on another character, who was one of the dull side characters, not Seira ). But otherwise, the memory erase and the end credits was all Webtoon source just being told a little differently. So technically this episode isn’t a filler at all.

Well people always associate action-based shows with fighting or training, so if it includes none of those and the episode just mostly contains "random" comedy/SoL scenes, it's seen as filler. Which is kind of strange to me considering this is what the first three episodes were like, but for non-manhwa readers who aren't used to this kind of storytelling, I could kind of understand.

nanimeanswhat said:

I would have to agree, Noblesse > TOG > TGOHS, adaptation-wise. Well, ignoring the fact that they dumped the whole first season into 30-minutes

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Nov 18, 2020 12:53 PM

Aug 2008
mbet said:
I could feel Rael jealously aura somewhere~
I want to see Rael to be animated so bad:( but i guess he won't..

He will be animated
I saw on ann his VA
Forgot who was although
The spider is watching
Nov 18, 2020 12:59 PM

Mar 2017
So after that incredible battle... things have just gone back to normal again? Yuusuke and Manabu didn't seem bothered at all that the people around them are very much not human which is just weird and the episode had a filler vibe like the first 4 episodes.

I think I'm just gonna write this off as a bad adaptation and read the manhwa cause loads of people have said ti amazing but this anime definitely doesn't reflect that!
Nov 18, 2020 1:25 PM

Oct 2013
This show is so corny and dramatic, I love it. I can't wait for the plot to develop more and more action to come up!
Nov 18, 2020 3:11 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, this is certainly a break after what happened previously. Its quite emotionally sad, because a mere human like Yuu and Manabu needed to be erased again their memories after whatever happened before. Well, rip then, boys! Could you back to loving those noble girl again?

Okay, to be honestly, Slice of life-comedy aspect thing is the suitest theme for the show. Because the action one kinda lacking its momentum and i am kinda underwhelmed by those lack. So, a little banter and a funny dynamics within every characters was indeed quite catchy for me. Even Seira had a nice line too on these episode, together with Rai that looks like quite different to led the boy into his thing, and emotional by taking those rewritten memories decision at his command. Hah!

A nice little school daily activity for the groups before reaching another arc. Lets go!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 18, 2020 3:54 PM
Aug 2020
This episode made me so uncomfortable at times because I found the narrative level so low. I understand that Noblesse can appeal to teenagers tho, although it is so silly at times. Still, I watched it week after week hoping the plot would get interesting. Okay, I want to believe that the manhwa is better and that it is a bad adaptation but that is not an excuse for this purge. Hopefully, next week's episode raises the bar with the grandpa related to Regis and Seira.
Nov 18, 2020 4:13 PM
Aug 2019
After the sixth episode i startet to get interested in the Manhwa. So i started it and i really love the Manhwa. This Episode was a complete filler with almost nothing original adapted from the manhwa and the adapted pieces were changed.
Nov 18, 2020 4:26 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't know that rai had the power to erase interesting memories, this ending was quite dramatic at the beginning I found it very boring "Very good".

Nov 18, 2020 4:27 PM
Nov 2020
Aroooooha2000 said:

Well people always associate action-based shows with fighting or training, so if it includes none of those and the episode just mostly contains "random" comedy/SoL scenes, it's seen as filler. Which is kind of strange to me considering this is what the first three episodes were like, but for non-manhwa readers who aren't used to this kind of storytelling, I could kind of understand.

Still it ain’t a filler, that just means those action junkies don’t know what they are on about. Ain’t my fault they can’t tell what a filler episode is. Just saying.
Nov 18, 2020 4:31 PM

Mar 2010
Was hoping they actual went out with each other, we need some real romance up in here kek. But nb but ng.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 18, 2020 4:35 PM
Nov 2020
Inside121 said:
After the sixth episode i startet to get interested in the Manhwa. So i started it and i really love the Manhwa. This Episode was a complete filler with almost nothing original adapted from the manhwa and the adapted pieces were changed.

It’s not filler. Have you even read the Webtoon, cause it seems like you haven’t. The only thing that wasn’t in the Webtoon was the basketball game. The other stuff that was said in the episode is from the Webtoon just changed up a bit like the other 6 episodes we just watched. It would only be considered filler if none of the events in this episode happened in the Webtoon and was all anime original content only. Shinwoo and his little love discovery thing is from the Webtoon just that they changed the crush around. The memories erased is from the Webtoon and end credit scene too but like I said changed a bit.
Nov 18, 2020 4:45 PM

Jul 2017
I love the rivalry Regis and M-21 have against each other. The group's reaction to Yuu asking about love advice was great. I wish they didn't have to get their memories erased. Seira's smile was cute though! <3

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

Nov 18, 2020 4:59 PM

Jan 2020
So far I still don't like Noblesse as a whole but I thought this episode was enjoyable. In fact, it's the first episode so far that I've actually enjoyed.

I think the slice of life/school//filler style genre feels way more enjoyable with Noblesse rather than the normal story focused episodes.

Hopefully there's more chill episodes like this in the future and maybe my opinion on the series will get better. First enjoyable episode for me.

Nov 18, 2020 6:57 PM
Jun 2017
we have some romance side of story this time, showing that they are indeed students after all... hahaha.. watching this one is nice and entertaining to watch..

and my fave quote for today "memories and feelings are not the same..."
Nov 18, 2020 7:04 PM

Mar 2020
finally a light hearted episode in this series, that went sad after the memory erasure part...nevertheless this episode was a lot of fun
Nov 18, 2020 7:22 PM
Jan 2011
anime-prime said:
At first I Was like "oh no! A pointless filler-like episode which won't advance the plot", which then turned into a "oh yes! A pointless filler-like episode which is really funny so who cares about the plot".

Yes, I went straight into the latter.

anime-prime said:

This is easily one of the funniest episodes of anime that I have seen in a long while and almost felt like a Gintama episode.

Not sure about being funniest, but true, it did have a bit of Gintama vibe. A bit.

anime-prime said:

I wouldn't mind just having more of these comedic episodes as long as they keep the quality of the jokes.

And we need more ships! It makes me sad to realize we only have 1 female character so far.
Nov 18, 2020 7:29 PM
Jan 2011
MegamiRem said:
Why tf they added a filler episode lol?

In a year, everyone's who'll remember this series will remember it by this episode, mark my words. Calling it a waste is already unsubstantiated, since it was better than the most of the content we had so far.
Nov 18, 2020 7:30 PM

Mar 2020
A relaxed episode, with a sad ending. Seira appeared to be more interesting.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 18, 2020 7:35 PM
Jan 2011
L-Mo-Reppin said:
if Crunchyroll has the money to animate the entire 500 chapters then great we can go as slow as u want but if ur doing this with no guaranteed future then this is a waste of money.

So lets not do anything at all, because 0 episodes is better than 12 episodes. Yes, logic.

So lets cram 500 episodes of content into 12 episodes so we dont have good product depicting the beginning of the story, but instead a hot mess that would be complete garbage, like proven so many times before. Logic^2.

It's called Claymore treatment. Thx but no thx.
Nov 18, 2020 7:41 PM
Jan 2011
AllIsManga said:

Well people always associate action-based shows with fighting or training, so if it includes none of those and the episode just mostly contains "random" comedy/SoL scenes, it's seen as filler.

Yeah, this episode is not filler, no matter how hard some people want it to be. Just like training arcs are not filler, even though they often bring temporary tonal shifts into the series and are often never returned to. I could say Fullbringers are just filler, or that Naruto flashbacks are filler or that Naruto eating ramen is filler. Everything I dont like is filler. Filler begone!
Nov 18, 2020 7:42 PM

Oct 2017
sspit said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:
if Crunchyroll has the money to animate the entire 500 chapters then great we can go as slow as u want but if ur doing this with no guaranteed future then this is a waste of money.

So lets not do anything at all, because 0 episodes is better than 12 episodes. Yes, logic.

So lets cram 500 episodes of content into 12 episodes so we dont have good product depicting the beginning of the story, but instead a hot mess that would be complete garbage, like proven so many times before. Logic^2.

It's called Claymore treatment. Thx but no thx.
No offense but you don't get what other mean do you? He didn't say to cram 500 chapters into 12 episodes. He said if they have money to make 500 chapters into anime then adding filler is okay but if they don't then they shouldn't waste that resource on a random filler and adapt actual content.
Nov 18, 2020 7:48 PM
Jan 2011
katie_potaty said:
loads of people have said ti [maehwa] amazing but this anime definitely doesn't reflect that!

I stopped reading after several hundreds chapters and while it is interesting and the art pretty, the constant pissing contest between literally every single character is boring as hell, especially Dr. Cromwell. Omg. The translation does't help either. After I saw 40th take on 'this time it will be worthy opponent' with the same fking smirk on his face, talking tough shit, then dead as 39 times before, dropping dead, I said screw it. 5 personalities copy-pasted ad-nauseum. It is very satisfying and has good action, but I could feel my brain cells dying with each sentence. Its not good in high dosage.
Nov 18, 2020 8:13 PM
Jan 2011
MegamiRem said:
No offense but you don't get what other mean do you?

None taken.

In my defense, its 5AM here and I barely see the text. I also didnt say he specifically said it (but I did sort of imply it), but I regularly see people complain about that very thing. I may have misunderstood, but my position remains the same.

So allow me to reply to what you said he had meant:

1 " if they have money to make 500 chapters into anime then adding filler is okay"
No it isnt. Filler is never okey. But if there is purpose to it and it uplifts the adaptation into something more, then it is no longer filler, even if it is original content.

2 "but if they don't then they shouldn't waste that resource on a random filler and adapt actual content."
They should if there is an actually relevant intent behind it.
This isnt random, nor filler, nor waste. You wont be able to rip this ep out of the series, like you could if it was a filler. The episode isnt even a change in pattern or execution from earlier episodes. This series was designed to be character-driven and this design change (from the source) is part of the transformation, an obvious intent - hence lack of fights or presence of comedic elements is not sign of a filler (even if this content in the original source would seem that way). This episode follows what has been laid before and built on top of it and next episodes will build on top of this one as well. You wont be able to take this ep out. The episode is more light-hearted, because content has been rearranged to fit an episodic format and to bless us with a breather after earlier episode.
Nov 18, 2020 8:19 PM

Oct 2016
Good episode, a breather from the shit that happened the last few episodes.

This was a hilarious episode, especially the basketball game. Even Takeo had to show off lmao. It's great to see the union boys chilling.

I would've felt better if they just off screened the erasing of memories, did not expect to get the feels at the end there, that was pretty sad.

Let's go new arc incoming, the nobles have appeared.
Nov 18, 2020 8:35 PM

Jun 2019
A pretty fun episode. I enjoyed the comedy, it gave me some Gintama vibes in how its premise was executed. I still have no idea why the art is so bad given how popular the IP is. It’s a shame, because parts of that basketball scene looked rough.
Nov 18, 2020 10:44 PM
Mar 2011
It was a fun episode. I'm just disappointed they cut the two female students from the anime even though 1 of them was pretty integral in the OVA how long ago.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Nov 18, 2020 11:46 PM
Mar 2018
Despite being a filler episode, I still found today's episode entertaining, something I can't say about other series.

Filler is still filler though.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 11, 2020

63 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 26, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Leo - Oct 21, 2020

82 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:23 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

anime-prime - Oct 7, 2020

203 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:02 PM

» Noblesse season 2

quarterhorse2525 - Sep 19, 2023

7 by Saiche »»
Nov 12, 2023 2:18 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 9, 2020

49 by Glowinginthedark »»
Oct 10, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.