Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 15, 2020 2:55 PM

Nov 2018
Luffy always insulting Momo to make him get on man time lol.
Nov 15, 2020 4:01 PM

Mar 2020
It is a pity that Kid did not join the alliance, but it is understandable, his last experience was not good.
Luffy was really worn out reminds me of Alabasta, when Crocodile dried him.
Despite the pressure, Momonosuke managed to speak very well with the samurai.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 15, 2020 4:41 PM
Jul 2018
Das Ende war interessant.

Nov 15, 2020 4:59 PM
Jun 2020
A beautiful chapter.
Nov 15, 2020 5:36 PM

Jul 2013
I had a feeling Kid wouldn't join Luffy against Kaido. His experience with forming alliances is so bad, nobody could blame him for beeing so mistrusting.

And what an flashback of Ashura. My god this must have been so painful over the last 10 years for him. Not being able to stop his friends/comrades who just ran into their death. But I'm glad he finally joins Kinemon.

Luffy did it again. He brought Momo to man up and finally speak to his people. Can you imagine to wait 20 years for this? It's so crazy to me and also the reason I liked that scene so much. Without Momo speaking up nobody would ever have trusted Luffy because they're just "pirates".

Both scenes have such an big impact for the upcoming events. I think some people aren't aware of how important this really was.

Nov 15, 2020 7:17 PM

Nov 2015
Momo is having to grow up fast, but Luffy may know a thing or two about that himself, wouldn''t he? It was exactly the right time to give him a push. His people need a leader, and Momo's the one, ready or not.

With all the trouble he gets himself into, Luffy is pretty lucky to have an excellent doctor on his crew. Looks like he will be once again.
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Nov 16, 2020 3:29 AM

Dec 2013
Fights can be interesting to watch, but i'd much rather prefer a good story being told, which is what Oda is building to right now.

Great episode just like last week. Momonosuke finally showing what he's capable of. He'd make a great leader if he continues to inspire the people of Wano. And man... that Ashura backstory was really sad. Great direction last episode and this episode. Hoping this keeps up.
Nov 16, 2020 9:11 AM

Jun 2020
Great episode, not for those who are only into fights. Ashura's telling about the past really brought out the fact that Wano has the most miserable past. Momo coming out finally for his people was something I wanted and saw now. Wished more of his speech. Amazing!
Nov 16, 2020 12:10 PM

Jun 2016
Suffering men with their dreams and hopes crushed rise in solidarity to fight against the evil which has pervaded their land. Wano has been so good recently. These last two episodes both made me cry.

Be it Ashura's experiences and his new determination calling to those who want to fight. Or Momonosuke, struggling to find courage but staying strong when the people needed it most. It's great stuff. Rallying up the troops has never been better. Being ready when it's your turn no matter how horrid the last two decades have been is a powerful notion. One which makes me think of Yasu's incredible sacrifice.

The trick of Luffy provoking Momo as we realize that he was the one the prisoners needed was really effective too.
Nov 16, 2020 1:46 PM

Jul 2007
Gustdevil said:
Fights can be interesting to watch, but i'd much rather prefer a good story being told, which is what Oda is building to right now.

Great episode just like last week. Momonosuke finally showing what he's capable of. He'd make a great leader if he continues to inspire the people of Wano. And man... that Ashura backstory was really sad. Great direction last episode and this episode. Hoping this keeps up.

Thank You!! And this is something that you are really going to love in the future when the core of wano's story starts. We are just about finished with what is considered the "Expositional act" and we are moving into the deeper story behind the akazaya nine and judging by the animation and art this episode. I am so anticpating these moments to be absolutly great.

Nov 17, 2020 2:48 AM

Apr 2013
"He saved us, we love him!"
"He's a pirate though."
"He saved us, we hate him!"
Wano citizens must be one of the dumbest people of all time.
Nov 18, 2020 2:06 AM
Nov 2014
So, at first when I watched this things got a bit emotional, but now I'm like:

1. First of all, throwing your name and life away and going off to your certain death because your friends are taking Way too darn long is such a mood, honestly
2. I love that the 3 friends are just off laughing their heads off, just like, "HAHAHAHA just chillin', reminiscing at the cemetery with the dead guys, you lnow the vibes!"

and it's a liiiittle bit funny XD

The ending still had me going like this (T⌓T) though
Nov 19, 2020 11:27 PM

Mar 2015
Great episode, those nobodies are so stupid though lol

Looks like things will start to pick up from here!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 19, 2020 11:59 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Chapter 957 adaptation is getting closer.
Nov 20, 2020 10:34 AM
Jun 2019
Momonuske is still a child and not anywhere near the greatness of his father (Kozuki Oden) or Luffy. Luffy, as we all know, has got qualities that great leader should possess. Here Luffy helps Momo understand his duties as possibly future shogun of Wano and leader of all those men in Udon prison. Luffy did a similar thing back in Zuo, where he shaped Momo's mindset into understanding and upholding his duties bestowed upon him by his blood and by fate itself. Momo finally gears up gives the final push to heartbroken men of the land of Wano to once again fight against Kaido and Orochi.
Nov 21, 2020 6:04 PM

Mar 2020
First half has a very dark feel, but the end was wholesome.
Nov 22, 2020 10:26 AM
May 2019
Ashura's flashback and Momonosuke speech got me in tears.
Thank you, Oda-sensei, Momo needed a grow up quickly, he was so coward and boring that he was terribly overshined for any other supporting character, and, like, he's not only a prince, but the revolution's center.
Nov 23, 2020 6:16 PM

Jul 2013
I wasn't expecting it but yeah I understand how Luffy being a pirate could cause some distrust. Anyway, that short flashback of Momonosuke's adventure with the Strawhats really brought back memories man. They've been together a long time but it feels it's just like yesterday.
Nov 27, 2020 7:40 PM

May 2014
A nice ep. with ok pace. Sad to see what happened with Asura's companions. I always love how Luffy encourages his friends to step up and do the task they really want to. It's like he can read their minds and do everything to make them do the right action. I always love to watch that. Immediately after he started bullying Monomosuke, I knew this was the tactic he was using. I guess I am too used to this or have rewatched OP too much. LOL.

Let's not forget his hilarious face
. Poor guy. I should feel sorry for him, but it's hard not to laugh seeing that face.

Anyways, Monomosuke's speech was right on the spot. He has really grown ever since we saw him at the start of Punk Hazard. It's going to be interesting to see what Kid will do from now on. He will probably be involved in the war, though he doesn't want to.
Nov 27, 2020 7:43 PM

May 2014
PrimeX said:
I wasn't expecting it, but yeah, I understand how Luffy being a pirate could cause some distrust. Anyway, that short flashback of Momonosuke's adventure with the Strawhats really brought back memories, man. They've been together a long time, but it feels it's just like yesterday.

It has been 7-8 years for us, but it has probably not been more than 1 year in the OP timeline. Mostly 1,5 years, which is insane to think about.
Dec 24, 2020 3:48 PM

May 2016
He got a push in back by Luffy cough sorry a Boulder xD

What an awesome speech for such young age that was superb.
Dec 27, 2020 9:51 PM

Feb 2015
I don’t know if it is because I’m watching anime less frequently, but I’m enjoying these episodes. It was inspiring, especially because Luffy knew exactly from the beginning that Momonosuke was going to be needed as a leader, or a future.
Jan 11, 2021 11:04 AM
Jun 2015
Another motivational speech, although this time it's from Momonosuke. Looks like he has grown up from being scared all the time to finally taking charge.
Jan 29, 2021 8:38 AM

Mar 2016
The wait for 20 years is immensely painful even Ashura, as one of the Akazaya Samurai have lost some hope for their eventual battle to take Wano back from Kaido and Orochi. All mainly because of the event 10 years ago where people proclaim "SUNACCHI", throwing their name and worries as they head to their final resting place in Onigashima. A desperate mass sacrifice that accounted for nothing, but more pain for someone like Ashura who has to bear the waiting for another 10 years. However, it all ends well with him deciding to join the rest of the Akazaya Samurai. Finally... Only Denjiro remains to be seen in the anime.

I wonder, just how strong will Kinemon be if he were to be 20 years older than he is now. Ashura, Nekomamushi and Inuarashi are basically the most powerful of the Akazaya samurai now because of them spending the last 20 years of their life. Now speaking of being older, imagine if Momonoskue is 20 years older, as a 28 years old man, he'll sure be an actual powerhouse.

However it's not a far cry to call Momonosuke a man as he is now, despite being a child, he persevered through the immense pressure that his father's name carries and for once, publicly gave a speech to his citizens. One that brought tears to many of their eyes, and so does to mine. I always love it when Momo speak in that commanding voice that he occasionally use, but to see and listen to it being used to give a motivational speech, I'm overjoyed.
May 17, 2021 11:25 PM

May 2017
Greatness Tears! man one piece is just so freaking good right now. Momonosuke goat speech
Sep 10, 2021 7:16 AM

Aug 2021
Ashura joined forces

Great speech from momo :>
Sep 12, 2021 4:38 AM

Jun 2019
Loved Momo's speech to the prisoners. Luffy once again putting him up to the task.
Sep 24, 2021 10:29 PM

Sep 2015
Absurd how Wano Kuni has been suffering for such a long time with so much oppression going around for the past 20 years

Ashura Doji finally joins forces with Kinemon and the others !

Sakura cherry blossoms beautiful as always falling down.

Luffy pressure Momonosuke to talk to his fellow samurais
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 24, 2021 10:48 AM

Mar 2010
And now that its all settled I wonder how fast we get to the actual final battle lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 13, 2021 12:14 PM
May 2020
Momonosuke delivered one powerful speech
Jun 18, 2022 11:46 PM
Jul 2018
very good episode Ashura's Flashback was really great and Momo's speech was really touching
removed-userAug 13, 2022 4:15 AM
Jun 24, 2022 3:27 PM

Mar 2012
World building has gone to shit.
End Zionazism
Aug 28, 2022 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
i love one piece!!!
Sep 8, 2022 4:09 PM
Mar 2022
Just dope. Best anime of all time

Oct 18, 2022 8:24 AM
Jul 2020
slaps like always
Feb 6, 2023 11:56 PM
Jan 2021
OBRA PRIMA MT FODA
Feb 23, 2023 4:19 AM
May 2021
THE ONE PIECE IS REAL
May 2, 2023 4:36 AM
Feb 2022
great anime , must watch
May 9, 2023 6:58 AM

Sep 2012
ngl, momonosuke's powerful speech had me teary-eyed. such a great episode overall.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» One Piece should be a bi-weekly release

Zeverinsen - Aug 8, 2019

2 by cerise_serris »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 8, 2009

51 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

10 by HilariousPerson »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 11, 2009

94 by kejora »»
7 hours ago

» One Piece Hindi Dubbed starting May 5th for Indian Audiences

PirateHasan - 7 hours ago

0 by PirateHasan »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.