Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2020 12:24 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lot of tension against Chairman Rose and Eternatus, it's great that both Ash and Gou pokemon evolved into Lucario and Cinderace, and the most interesting event was definitely the end, great to see Zacian and Zamazenta helping them to defeat (and even catch) Eternatus.
Sonia with the professor coat was also great to see, so it was the last episode of the sword and shield saga (it was pretty short)
Next episode is going to be about Mewtwo so I really can't wait to watch it, I think it's going to be very interesting.
Nov 13, 2020 2:20 PM

Jan 2016
Omg I can't believe that, after many years, Ash finally has his own Lucario xD Cool to see Cinderace too :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Nov 13, 2020 2:26 PM

Apr 2014
literally the best ep of this season and then next ep we get mewtwo am excited for rmewtwo's return
"one step at a time"
Nov 13, 2020 3:59 PM

May 2009
Floyd said:
Omg I can't believe that, after many years, Ash finally has his own Lucario xD Cool to see Cinderace too :P

Literally something that got teased like what, 13 years ago? XD

Although this arc was rushed as hell, I gotta say this episode was pretty darn great. Go finally understood Rabbifoot, Riolu is finally strong enough to keep its own expectations. Leading both of them to evolve to the last stage, their stories are now beginning for real! I expect a fartfetched character arc coming in soon from Ash's side.

Mewtwo? Count me in, I wonder if this'll be a one off though, I hope this leads into an arc as well.
Nov 13, 2020 4:16 PM

Jan 2014
rip edgy Rabbifoot. Thought they'd keep Rabbifoot like that and don't evolve him at all. But guess I was wrong. Good episode and arc all round.
Nov 13, 2020 4:47 PM

Feb 2012
Mewtwo? Ash meets mewtwo again ... scenes if rocket gang still show up
Nov 13, 2020 6:25 PM

Aug 2013
Rushed but still good, overall the Sword and Shield arc was pretty decent (beating the games in some aspects at least), and finally, one of fandom's biggest dreams has come true, Ash has a Lucario :D. Next week, the original Mewtwo returns (again)...
Ngel55Nov 15, 2020 3:03 PM
Nov 13, 2020 9:34 PM

Mar 2016
This arc was kinda rushed, imho, but it still has quite the nice final fight, so I don't have that big a complaint.

Mewtwo coming up next week. Apparently his seiyuu from the movies is returning, too.
Nov 14, 2020 7:28 AM

Aug 2020
Ash & Pikachu gonna meet Mewtwo again, can't wait for Go reaction when he see the connection of those three
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2020 3:35 PM

Jan 2016
Shoryuuken said:
Floyd said:

Literally something that got teased like what, 13 years ago? XD.

For real! First a Pokemon League with Melmetal and Naganadel included and now this with Dragonite and Gengar. They have been spoiling us in the last seasons xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Nov 15, 2020 3:17 AM

Oct 2017
Man I'm crying, one of my oldest wish became true. Ever since I saw Lucario in Lucario and the mystery of Mew movie I always wanted to see Ash with a Lucario and after all this years it finally came to happen.

Go's Raboot evolved into a Cinderace too, that was cool.

Zacian and Zamazentha siding side by side with Ash and Go was sick. Also nice Go got Eternatus's data.
Nov 15, 2020 5:27 AM

Dec 2011
Finally Riolu evolve into Lucario and Raboot also evolve in this episode xD
Nov 15, 2020 5:54 PM

Jan 2013
Ash officially has a Lucario...now Dragonite and Gengar will be neglected even more
im gonna miss Raboot’s coolboy hoodie jacket thing...tho Cinderace and Lucario do make a good “baggy pants” duo

i know they said this series is pretty much an all hands on deck gen combining Sword/Shield and Pokemon Go but this really felt like a Gen-ending arc especially with Sonia graduating and the legendaries riding off into the sunset
Nov 18, 2020 7:37 AM

Jul 2013
This mini arc just established why having double protagonists was the best thing to ever happen to the Pokemon anime. Even when they're apart from each other, Ash and Gou can still stand on their own because they both have their own goals and play their own parts in the story. It's Diamond and Pearl all over again with Ash and Dawn which was amazing.

Raboot's finally over his emo phase. I thought he was gonna stay that way for the entire show for marketing purposes but was pleasantly surprised it evolved. I'm guessing Sobble is gonna take the role of cute starter now. Not gonna lie, I'm gonna miss Raboot. He was a cool guy.

Also after years of being associated with Lucario and all that aura shit, Ash finally gets his own Lucario. Good for him. This season's really giving him all the crazy strong Pokemon.

Raihan cameo lets gooo

Sonia finally became a professor.

Chairman Rose is still a bland ass villain.

I still wished they could've done more with Zacian and Zamazenta's designs :'( Even during their reveal in the games, I didn't like how they looked sooo identical. Latios and Latias flashbacks.

Overall, this was a pretty decent mini arc and all albeit a rushed one but still better than how rushed the Lusamine/Aether Foundation arc in S&M was :')

And we get to Mewtwo for umpteenth time again. Can't say I'm very excited for it. I mean like Mewtwo and all but we've seen it so many times already and from the looks of the preview, it seems like it's gonna be Mewtwo Returns type of episode with Mewtwo in isolation protecting Pokemon from harm. Perhaps a Giovani/Team Rocket (the actual evil team rocket, not the trio) appearance again but we'll see.
Nov 27, 2020 5:57 AM

Nov 2017
I loved the four episodes on the origin of the name Sword and Shield with the Gigamax battles which are epic! <3
Apr 26, 2021 7:01 PM

Feb 2015
I can't believe they actually caught Eternatus, that giant legendary Pokemon. This arc was so exciting to watch! Ash's Pokemon lineup this season just became better with Lucario.

Anime | Profile | Manga
「The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday I saw a deer, and today, you.」

Jul 12, 2021 7:31 AM

Dec 2013
Best episode so far.
Cinderace and Go are my favorites.
Oct 21, 2021 3:18 PM

Dec 2007
they rushed this up big time, i will try to arrange my thoughts well.

first, riolu evolved, yay! finally dream of countless fans around the world gets to see why it was worth sticking to pokemon all those years - from the movie of mew and lucario it was pretty in stone that ash and lucario have special bond, and finally did it!
oh, i forget to mention ash got some very OP lucario, very very OP. i mean, one ora sphere for each pokemon and he won LOL. and no, the fact that later lucario didn't even scratched enternass (really don't care how this pokemon called, they didn't expand on him very much and it doesn't even have interesting look) doesn't make him less OP.
my only hope is that ash will give him a mega evolution, and than a rematch with that kalos gym leader (forget her name ><) will be awesome.

goh on the other hand seriously annoyed me, let alone trying to beat freaking water pokemon milotic which supposed to be very strong with rabbut, a freaking fire pokemon, and "understanding" that raboot wanted to beat a water pokemo with freaking ember was so stupid, he actually beat her, yay to writing? ><
oh well, it can be understood that the writers just wanted goh pokemon to evolve too.
did i forget to mention the cinderace design is awful? ><
i miss raboot.

the "final battle" was rushed as well, the whole zacien and zazmentha part felt to me as it had much more potential that were waste on flashy bombs and moves. but apart from the critical points, this was pretty amazing fight. really didn't saw ash and goh catching enternass, that was actually cool LOL.

sonia becomes professor made the final of this arc great as it is.
it was good arc, and good it was, expecting for more like this!
Jan 25, 2022 8:24 AM

Aug 2017
just last episode i said that they should let gou catch it and here they did, leon maybe a champion but even an ultra ball from him is no match for an ordinary ball from gou
May 29, 2022 12:53 PM

Jan 2020
Goh, you're facing a Milotic, you aren't going to beat it with Ember. Be reasonable.

Riolu and Raboot finally evolved. I don't care for Lucario, but I like Gigantamax Cinderace. I got a real nice shiny one in my game.

I wish Goh hadn't caught Eternatus, it's wasted on him -- oh, he didn't even keep it, weird.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 15, 2022 2:34 AM

Mar 2014
Right when they finish this big climactic arc I was expecting more slice of life for a while but holy shit, Mewtwo is back next episode.

Side note: lol Meowth's useless G-Max Gold Rush against Eternatus
Aug 29, 2022 2:42 PM
Feb 2018
I mean we saw a Movie worth of stuff in 4 episodes, so that is that.
Pokemon, Sword and Shield Baby !
Feb 2, 2:54 AM

Feb 2020
Double digivolution of lucario and aceburn, cool

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 7 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 29, 2019

45 by leanrv »»
Mar 22, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Dec 22, 2019

51 by leanrv »»
Mar 19, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 5 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 15, 2019

35 by leanrv »»
Mar 19, 6:18 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 136 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ChirekachiMizu - Dec 16, 2022

60 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 135 Discussion

FlyingDunsparce - Dec 9, 2022

20 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.