Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 13, 2020 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, the amount of close dive saves thsi episode. I think it really highlights the risk and determination of both teams and their desire to win.

Karasuno in particular begins to make a comeback. I love how they made the episode look like badass soldiers in that imaginative thought scene lol. But really, I'm cheering for Karasuno here. They've got a lot of fight for in this match.
Nov 13, 2020 9:56 AM

Nov 2007
New character (thought so, he's voiced by Nojima younger brother), creepy. His teammates (including that creepy guy who "controlled" megane guy) are scare of him, though. He only cares about what he should do.

He blocked that server only guy.

Hosoya-san's character encouraging Nobu's character was lol.

It seems like the new character only appeared for a little (no wonder he said in his mind he's just an extra when he first appeared).

Thanks for the explanation, the guy who watches the game w. a girl. lol~. The rotation affects the winning of the enemy team, huh.

The creepy guy considering the block from the guy he "controlled" (megane guy) scarier than setter guy's block?

26:27 next
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 13, 2020 12:13 PM

Apr 2019
Really good episode, loved the backstory on Kita. Time for the final set.

Nov 13, 2020 12:21 PM
Nov 2014
Mesdames et messieurs, Kita Shinsuke has made his appearance.
What a wonderful boy he is. He really reminds of a mixture of two friends I have.
Delightful episode.
Nov 13, 2020 12:24 PM
Nov 2016
Lesgoooo good animation is back again!
Nov 13, 2020 12:25 PM

Jul 2013
Kita is an interesting character. I like analytical characters like him and Kenma.

Daisho and his girlfriend are always cute to watch and hear their commentaries.

Kageyama had another shining moment~ his block was cool
Nov 13, 2020 12:27 PM
Jun 2020
i love kitas character so much
Nov 13, 2020 12:48 PM

Apr 2014
There is something about Kita that allowed him to get his teammates back on track. He does not need to stand out. He is just doing what he does, and does not need to feel nervous about it.
Nov 13, 2020 12:52 PM

Sep 2019
If a character’s hair color is different black or detailed, he has a backstory, a personality trait and he’s good at volleyball. Good episode.
Nov 13, 2020 12:52 PM
Aug 2020
today was a pretty good episode! I like all the development we got for Kita and the animation was perfect this time around. cant wait for next week!
Nov 13, 2020 12:54 PM

Aug 2013
The final set can go either way and I want Karasuno to win. Good episode overall.

Guess we'll be seeing Tsukishima shine in the next few episodes.

Nov 13, 2020 1:01 PM

Oct 2019
Kita was so interesting. He doesn’t mind not having the spotlight. However his presence is electrifying. What a cool character study.
Loved this episode. Won’t do the usual animation/art rant because the characters really made up for it this time around.
I loved that we got to spend more time with Inarizaki.
When Kita was analyzing the players, that was really cool. He really is watching them:
“Atsumu is aggressive and hates losing, which can be a disadvantage at times. Despite the fact that Osamu seems calmer than Atsumu, they still share the same DNA”
GODDAMN. 🤣
Suna’s spike won Inarizaki the second set!! I can’t help but root for this team.
Lmao, Kita read Atsumu like a book when Atsumu wanted to do spike serves. Good call Kita, stick with breaking Nishinoya.
HOLY SHIT ATSUMU’S FLOAT SERVE WAS INSANE. I had no idea float serves could be like that.
Karasuno and Inarizaki attack and defense lineup with weapons and shields... I didn’t know I needed that. 🗡🛡 Hinata had a gun— fitting, if I don’t say so myself. 👏🏼
Always appreciate Suguru’s commentary, yup.
Osamu spike and Tsukki one touch! Double yup.
Osamu being athletic with that block and set.
Noooo Kageyama blocked Aran 😡
These blocker montages are really cool. This one and the one in episode 15 were awesome.
Only 5 eps left... here we go.
Nov 13, 2020 1:09 PM

Mar 2020
Karasuno lost the second set. Guess they have to go all out in third or their done for.

Kita got development. That was kind of out of nowhere. Definitely an interesting type of player not one you would see everyday.

I'm glad that the great animation is back. Next episodes name is "HERO".Definitely a title that makes the audience curious on what's to come. I'm so hyped for next weeks episode.

Good episode :)
Nov 13, 2020 1:10 PM
Mar 2013
is it me or the talking is lasting longer than usual?
Nov 13, 2020 1:18 PM

Jul 2012
Finally an episode that felt really like Haikyuu, that was nice.

Kita seems interesting, i liked him. Intense in his own way. Excited to see the continuation of the match, also Kinnoshita's going to serve next episode? YES!!!
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Nov 13, 2020 2:09 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

It was pretty expected that they were gonna lose the second set from the way it was going but Karasuno still put up a good fight.

Kita is a really cool character, I really liked him, the way he was introduced and his short back story. The part where he teared up when he got his shirt got me a little emotional too

Asahi cheering up Nishinoya was great.
Kageyama block at the end was epic, I cheered.

Next episode is titled "Hero", I'm so looking forward to that.
Nov 13, 2020 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
OMG Hinata with those 2 machine guns was the best scene in this episode by far. I was laughing way too hard.

Other than that it was a pretty slow episode. I really miss the old animation and the fast paced story they had in season 3 when they faced Shiritorizawa. All the flashbacks are getting pretty annoying, but I guess that's their way of stretching out that one cour for this season.
removed-userNov 13, 2020 3:08 PM
Nov 13, 2020 3:33 PM

May 2011
_cenjoo said:
OMG Hinata with those 2 machine guns was the best scene in this episode by far. I was laughing way too hard.

Other than that it was a pretty slow episode. I really miss the old animation and the fast paced story they had in season 3 when they faced Shiritorizawa. All the flashbacks are getting pretty annoying, but I guess that's their way of stretching out that one cour for this season.

I'm disappointed they didn't give him a Rambo headband... :(
Nov 13, 2020 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
Ausp said:
_cenjoo said:

I'm disappointed they didn't give him a Rambo headband... :(

BAHAHAHHA I DIDN’T EVEN THINK OF THAT. THAT’S AN AMAZING IDEA SIR 😭
Nov 13, 2020 3:42 PM

Mar 2019
i liked the music in this ep! the scene w/ hinata and the machine guns loool! i also loved kageyama's block :') definitely felt like this episode had the right pacing. the anime seems to be back on track. new character and background story with kita, i think he's a pretty good character so far!! i like how methodical he is & he's v consistent.
Nov 13, 2020 3:46 PM

Aug 2020
It was really cool seeing someone intimidated by Kageyama's blocking rather than Tsukki's. Also Tsukki going off on Hinata a little bit was too funny.

Nov 13, 2020 4:17 PM

Jun 2020
I really hope they win this set and move on. Good episode.
Nov 13, 2020 4:54 PM

Mar 2018
Amazing episode. I would love the animation to be consistently good in every ep but people are also exaggerating a lot when it comes to it.
Nov 13, 2020 5:09 PM
Jul 2018
Kita's past is very interesting.

Nov 13, 2020 5:10 PM

Dec 2019
Overall really great episode this time! I love Kita and am absolutely enjoying the story we got for him. He is the best character this season.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Nov 13, 2020 5:39 PM

Dec 2016
Interesting backsory for Kita :) I like his brotherly vibe for his team even though he's brutaly honest (and cares) XD but that doesn't mean I should stop rooting for our Karasuno just because I saw some new backstory for other team member >w> Also, I couldn't stop thinking of Kita being emotional after receiving the captain shirt (It was beautiful!) ;-; I dunno why but somehow he reminded me of someone from another team who is also neat/clean ... I think the name's Sakusa, the one who always wore a face mask?? I think both Kita and this Sakusa share something in common in that aspect, don't you think? ^^

I really hope Karasuno wins this final set, so they can play the final match with Nekoma (if everything goes according to plan, that is).
Great episode as always!
PurpleGirl203Nov 13, 2020 5:50 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 13, 2020 6:14 PM

Mar 2017
So that the end of the last ep they way everyone reacted to Kita being subbed in made me nervous... but he's actually a really sweet and adorable character! Looks, like I've gained another Haikyuu son haha

Kageyama is absolutely slaying in this match! I don't think he's made a wrong move yet and he just keeps making these amazing plays. Suna really needs to check himself though; if he starts underestimating Tsukki he is gonna be in for a shock!
Nov 13, 2020 7:09 PM

Oct 2017
Enter Kita Shinsuke the legend.

Asahi's being very dependable, I like it. Also ouch Tsukishima slayed Hinata.
Nov 13, 2020 7:48 PM

Jun 2019
We finally got some good animation again for one of the better episodes this season. I think one of my biggest gripes with this season (aside from the inconsistent animation quality) is that we get too many backstories of characters from the other team.

We know that in the end one of these teams (almost certainly not Karasuno) will be going home, so getting the backstories of 5 opposing players just feels like a waste of time.

The backstories haven’t made the match any more hype and this season hasn’t been able to fall back on great animation to cover up this flaw.
Nov 13, 2020 8:54 PM

Jul 2017
Kita reminds me of all those rom-com tsundere protagonists who seem harsh on the outside but are actually quite nice in reality :P

tune in next week to get the answer to "how good will the animation be this time in Haikyuu??????"
Nov 13, 2020 10:26 PM
Aug 2018
Gal3riel said:
is it me or the talking is lasting longer than usual?

It's because they're holding on to the same camera angle for a long time, also the manga got pretty heavy with the dialogue and is not spaced out between scenes. It's just lazy execution/direction
Nov 13, 2020 11:06 PM

May 2018
The OST, aniamtion, character development... all was really good. I like this episode and I'm glad that the animation was preatty good, as it should've always been.

I like Kita, since I read this chapter from the manga, I felt him more real and even I felt touched. All this and what is to come made me fall in love with this game and Inarizaki <3
Nov 14, 2020 12:36 AM
Jun 2019
I don't want to be like that but I have to say that anime onlies won't realize the value of kita and his philosophies till the end of the match and spring tournament. His ideologies strengthens the philosophical value of Haikyuu a lot. It feels really good to see this part being animated so beautifully. Excellent choice of ost. Characters like Kita are the ones that make Haikyuu so special
Nov 14, 2020 1:21 AM

Aug 2020
Final set let's gooo!!
Nov 14, 2020 2:13 AM

May 2016
I gotta love Inarizaki's captain, really dependable one.

Kageya is a true talent no wonder he was called out to the nationals.
Nov 14, 2020 4:22 AM

Jun 2020
i love shinsuke, and nojima kenji voicing him is really the cherry on top

WHAT A BABE ♡___♡

tsukki & hinata's interactions were gold as always lololllll and asahi trying to cheer noya up LOL what was that

damn amidst all the art inconsistencies this season, they really have been drawing noya really well, he looked so good in the preview. i also noticed that all their faces/necks proportions were drawn slightly longer this episode, very reminiscing of the art style in the earlier seasons.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 14, 2020 4:56 AM
Apr 2018
I'm soft for Kita. He's such a good kid.
Nov 14, 2020 5:57 AM

Jun 2015
"Practice as if it's your real match. And play your real match as if it's your practice."

Kita Shinsuke is a depiction of living in the moment. It's not like he doesn't care about the future, but it's because what matters to him is to do his very best at this very moment. I've admired his character ever since I read the manga.
Nov 14, 2020 6:19 AM

May 2017
haikyuu greatness!

solid episode
Nov 14, 2020 7:15 AM
Jan 2016
So that's why Kita is the leader, his presence only can make all of them stunned...and yah, perfect example of a leader, for me a leader is not always the star of the team, but a really dependable person inside and outside the field, so for me leader is not in the front but always behind to push his teammates again and again. Everybody said that the most important thing is the process, not the results, and yeah that's so true, if our process has been great but the results is not, yeah we're just unlucky, just that simple...
Nov 14, 2020 7:22 AM

Mar 2020
Inarazaki's number 1 put the game in their favor, preventing the team from making mistakes.
And with that, Karasuno ended up losing the second set with a big difference, at least the third set started more balanced.
A good episode
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 14, 2020 8:41 AM

Jun 2013
How many times are we gonna see that exact same animation of Atsumu stopping the band?
Nov 14, 2020 9:23 AM
Sep 2018
This episode gave me some chills. Kita is a really good guy
Nov 14, 2020 10:09 AM
Mar 2015
Kita's leadership was interesting Tsukima really put Hinata in his place
Nov 14, 2020 10:25 AM

Jul 2020
Is Hinata getting less and less screen time or smth.
Nov 14, 2020 10:47 AM

Aug 2008
Kageyama in top form! He seems superhuman in this match. I like seeing more from some of the rest of the team this season like with Tanaka but it's a bit weird to me how much Hinata has kinda vanished from happenings this season... I am kinda hoping he'll make a bit of a "comeback" in the third set. I wasn't surprised they lost the second set but it still hurt.. T_T Karasuno fighto!
Nov 14, 2020 11:40 AM

May 2018
New character has awesome hair colours ngl

good thing the animation is back to par
Nov 14, 2020 6:21 PM

Jul 2016
I feel kinda bad for Kita, honestly. He's more or less like Kenma but even lonelier. Wonder if he has any close friend...

So... considering the pacing this season is having, guess there won't be any Karasuno vs. Nekoma match until a potential fifth season, uh?
Nov 14, 2020 7:49 PM

Apr 2019
Kita seems pretty damn smart. Seems like a bigggg loner. 1-1 so far. Both teams trying their hardest, though Karasuno is gonna win. Kageyama's block at the end there was super sick.

Nov 15, 2020 1:00 AM

Apr 2020
The second set they lost, hopefully in the third set, they won
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Captain_Rogers - Dec 18, 2020

197 by vit_ »»
Feb 24, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

214 by vit_ »»
Feb 24, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

159 by vit_ »»
Feb 24, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2020

94 by vit_ »»
Feb 21, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

160 by vit_ »»
Feb 18, 6:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.