Forum Settings
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2020 12:59 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ah yes, after all those words and feelings, Chizuru couldn't hold back her tears anymore.

Not surprising but sad to watch.
Nov 10, 2020 1:16 PM
May 2020
Wow, Kazuya actually talked to her without holding back. This is what you do to someone mourning: be there for them, not try to cheer them up, that's not how mourning works. It all really got to her, as soon as he finished talking she knew she could trust him and cried her eyes out, for both her grandma and grandpa. This was so good I'm not even mad there were 5 pages just building up to her crying.
Nov 10, 2020 1:27 PM

Sep 2019
Chizuru finally showed her weak side and cried. We got a good chapter after a long time, her face was drawn really well.
Nov 10, 2020 1:47 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Those panels which showed Chizuru slowly breaking down into tears were really impactful and emotional. The author made the perfect decision to spend a few pages just to build up her tears. Really made the whole scene a lot more poignant.

Also, I don't know if Kazuya's words were perfect for this situation, but it definitely seems like they were the perfect words to let Chizuru break down, instead of keeping all of it in herself.

This was definitely the chapter I was waiting for, where Chizuru finally opens herself to Kazuya. An amazing and emotional chapter.
Nov 10, 2020 1:57 PM
Nov 2017
My man Kazuya finally found his balls after 100 chapters. And Chizuru finally being brought down from the pedestal to human level gives new hope.

I am happy with the progress, although we know that the author is stretching a wee bit too much at this point.
flipsydeNov 10, 2020 2:04 PM
Nov 10, 2020 2:04 PM

Aug 2020
Guanimero said:
Wow, Kazuya actually talked to her without holding back. This is what you do to someone mourning: be there for them, not try to cheer them up, that's not how mourning works. It all really got to her, as soon as he finished talking she knew she could trust him and cried her eyes out, for both her grandma and grandpa. This was so good I'm not even mad there were 5 pages just building up to her crying.

Yes, that's why the idea for the all out date was flawed to begin with. Sure, they had a good time, but she didn't need a client who would spoil her to the moon. Or a fake boyfriend, she needed a friend. Saying the right words to make her drop the "I'm fine act" might have been partially a fluke, but at least Kazuya finally managed to start being a friend, instead of just worshipping her.
Nov 10, 2020 2:05 PM
Aug 2020
Finally that took wayyy too long but it happened.
Nov 10, 2020 2:36 PM
Feb 2018
This was really nice. I just need to see both getting together now that Kazuya made it very clear what his feelings are.
Nov 10, 2020 3:06 PM

Jul 2017
For how much shit I've given this manga for years for being such a godawful manga, I felt like this was a really good chapter even if sort of cringey at the same time. I loved the use of the panels just focusing only on Chizuru's expression for multiple pages as she slowly takes in what Kazuya says and breaks down because of it.

The grandma portion was the one thing I liked about this manga and the drawings of Chizuru's sadness unloading on Kazuya was nicely done. Fair play to the author.
Nov 10, 2020 3:45 PM

Dec 2016
Holy shit, Kazuya actually didn't fuck it up and the panels of Chizuru breaking down was depressing to watch. Good fucking chapter.
Nov 10, 2020 4:01 PM
Mar 2015
:Our boi said the right words to allow Chizaru to cry for her grandparents
Nov 10, 2020 4:35 PM

Mar 2015
Best chapter in a long time.
The sword that takes life gives life
Nov 10, 2020 5:39 PM
Aug 2020
Made me say "Oh my god, yes!" out loud, I think I really enjoyed this one :)
Nov 10, 2020 6:42 PM

Oct 2016
YES, LET'S FUCKING GO

Those pages of Chizuru's rollercoaster emotions was fucking excellent and then when she finally breaks down. *Chef's Kiss*

Now Kazuya my boy, those arms are not just there for doing nothing wrap those arms around her bastard. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Nov 10, 2020 7:14 PM

Aug 2020
Omg, I was so nervous to read this chapter, bc of last chapter’s cliffhanger, but maaaaaaan I’m so glad that she broke. It was sad to see, yes, but I got so happy for her. I just can’t wait for the next chapter! Will they hang out for real? Idk! It took 164 chapters, anything can happen from now and on.
NauvirNov 11, 2020 12:13 PM

Card Collections
Nov 10, 2020 7:24 PM

May 2020
I genuinely liked this chapter, also idk if it was bc it was mostly visuals but it took me legit like a minute to read. I think its appropriate that we got more of a sad moment where mizuhara puts down the front instead of kazuya going straight into a confession. Also this whole date I was just telling myself if nothing happens by the end i'm legit done reading and now i have a reason to continue so yay.
Nov 10, 2020 7:50 PM
Mar 2014
Wow what a chapter;
Nov 10, 2020 8:44 PM

Aug 2018
I feel bad for shitting on this arc up to this point because the payoff was very good. Those 6 pages showing Mizuhara's changes in emotion was amazing.

Kazuya was going to hug her but he held back. And thats fine, because he is there for her now, and thats enough. Step aside Ruka and Mami - you have no chance now.

Great chapter. I hope this continues.
Nov 10, 2020 11:02 PM
Dec 2019
LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!!!!!! MY BOY BECAME A MAN!!!! GO FOR ITT!!!!!
Nov 10, 2020 11:34 PM

Mar 2018
The chapters of this arc finally led to a nice wrap-up with Mizuhara finally releasing all of her pent up feelings, so emotional.

The many scenes of Mizuhara’s build up towards tears was very good and I won’t be hesitant to say it had me in my feels. It was 6 pages long but it still didn’t feel too dragged out, it was perfect in length and execution.

Also, I can’t forget to mention Kazuya’s dialogue, it’s amazing how much this character has changed in these few chapters and the story at large. It’s nice to see him say what’s on his mind and finally give Mizuhara that shoulder to cry on, hopefully they don’t forget this character growth in the coming chapters.
Nov 11, 2020 12:07 AM
Jan 2012
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! It was very direct but not so direct, but I think she got the point there with all that crying and stuff. That little soliloquy at the end of last chapter and during this chapter was like the thing that hinted it so strong and ohoho so delicious with the build up! The detail into what a perfect girlfriend would be and just recalling all those times with her. So sweet and so heartbreaking.

I'm so glad I just started reading it when the anime came out and not 3 years ago. What a drag for those who didn't give up on Kazuya. Oh, I'm so happy the author let his emotions overflow and he just couldn't keep it in anymore.
Nov 11, 2020 1:38 AM
Dec 2018
Seeing Mizuhara breakdown like that..... page by page, was.... painful...
Nov 11, 2020 2:31 AM

Nov 2013
I just hope the author won't drag it longer...
Nov 11, 2020 3:12 AM
Oct 2020
Why didn't he hug her? It is such a natural reaction and needed in this situation. After all, he was no stranger to her. Baka
Nov 11, 2020 4:29 AM
Jan 2020
Top_Sergeant said:
Best chapter in a long time.

Need to binge the whole arc for everything to make sense
Nov 11, 2020 4:37 AM

Aug 2020
inolinlionins said:
Why didn't he hug her? It is such a natural reaction and needed in this situation. After all, he was no stranger to her. Baka

He's either too surprised, or wonders if it's allowed, or afraid she might interpret as him trying to take advantage of the situation. Or he is waiting for the next chapter. ;-)
Nov 11, 2020 4:46 AM
Apr 2019
SHIT!! THAT CHAPTER MADE ME TEAR!! DAMN IT!!!
Nov 11, 2020 5:17 AM
Oct 2020
damn what a great chapter , Mizuhara's drawings were amazing and very emotional to see, the words Kazuya said to her were the most she needed to hear, she surely can rely on him. can not wait to read next week's chapter
Nov 11, 2020 7:55 AM

May 2019
That was a pretty good chapter. It really showed Kazuya's growth as a character and how he's now able to become something that Mizuhara can rely on too, instead of it being the one relying on her. He also basically confessed in this chapter, so that was exciting. Hopefully we get more from this night, instead of a little time skip to the next day. Waiting for that embrace!
Nov 11, 2020 8:55 AM

Aug 2018
inolinlionins said:

He initially was about to hug her. Then Chizuru called out for her grandparents and not him. Kazuya might have thought that Chizuru just wants to latch onto her memories of her grandparents and not him as a support system.

I guess what matters at the end is that he is there for her now and he wanted her to know that she is not alone anymore.
Nov 11, 2020 10:01 AM

Oct 2017
The way Mizuhara broke down into tears, all those panels were full of emotions.
Nov 11, 2020 12:22 PM

Aug 2020
I was reading this chapter again and a idea came to my mind: Kazuya keeps calling himself a loser, and puts himself down every time. Wouldn’t it be awesome if Chizuru does the same he did this chapter and opens up, thanking him for everything he did so far, saying how great he has been for her, even with all the troubles and lies? Man, that would be amazing. The poor guy gave his all for her, he deserves a good feedback. Let’s hope for the best

Card Collections
Nov 11, 2020 5:21 PM

Sep 2020
Yes, he finally did it! Although it was really sad to see Mizuhara cry like that. I swear these chapters are getting shorter and shorter. Can't wait for the next one!

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Nov 12, 2020 5:41 AM
Apr 2020
bro if i don t see him hug her next chapter
Nov 12, 2020 9:52 AM

Sep 2020
Talking about character development, Kazuya has go through it and that speech too....wow. Should've hug chizuru when she cry a river
Nov 12, 2020 10:04 AM
Apr 2020
this was a great chapter
Nov 12, 2020 5:12 PM

Jul 2017
I must admit this was a great chapter.
わかりました
Nov 12, 2020 6:39 PM

Jun 2017
Chizuru's breakdown was executed phenomenally, the way she tried to hold back but just couldn't in the end. It was a surpsingly good speech too coming from Kazuya of all people.
Nov 12, 2020 6:58 PM
Jul 2018
ahhh my heart aches for them
Nov 12, 2020 7:03 PM

Sep 2020
feels like another filler chapter tbh

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Nov 14, 2020 9:36 PM
Jul 2020
The long fought war to get Chizuru to vent in front of Kazuya. WE WON BOYS!!!!!
Honestly this was drawn out so much.
Nov 15, 2020 6:52 AM
Dec 2017
this is one of the best confessions I've ever read he nailed every part flawlessly. And we couldn't see Kazuya's inner thoughts for the first time at the most perfect moment
Nov 20, 2020 2:40 AM

Feb 2019
A very good chapter. It's been a while.

Felt very emotional, and was on the verge of having watery eyes myself. Those pages filled only with Mizuhara's changing expressions, slowly letting herself open up and letting the tears flow out, were beautiful. Sad, but beautiful. It was quite painful to watch her grief. I can't imagine how it feels to be truly alone in the world like how Mizuhara is now, with no family left at all.

Finally, Kazuya doesn't back down and says what he needs to. Those were quite sweet words, if I do say so myself, and something Mizuhara really needs.

Guanimero said:

Couldn't agree more.

Kudos to the other for this chapter in particular. I gotta say the series itself is quite stretched, but gotta give credit where it's due: like this chapter.
Nov 29, 2020 9:59 PM

Jan 2013
As a guy who started reading the manga after the anime, i was really into this, but since a lot of chapters ago that we didn't have a moment like this! I mean right now this gotta be the best Kazuya's moment, when reading this part i was speechless, and then watching Mizuhara slowly bursting and crying! Very emotional for sure. Definitely, a mark to remember.

The one thing i wonder is if he hugged her because the author never showed that he hugged her, it seemed like he was just standing there.

Kanojo takes way too much energy out of me xD I can't read many chapters straight, i have to take some time, even tho i am almost following the weekly release :/

I mean i know it's kinda late now but why did he hold her hand back there? I mean where started the date, i was really expecting for him to refuse...but i guess that might be difficult xD

I just hope that after this chapter things will slowly start building between them, i hope... no more 2000 chapters, please xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 29, 2020 10:01 PM

Jan 2013
Guanimero said:

Indeed, it really justified everything before that. Probably the best scene so far!!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 4, 2021 7:43 AM

Jan 2021
Oh my fuking god ! That mizuhara panels ! Am fuking happy and sad at the same time
Aug 16, 2021 1:25 PM
Mar 2018
bro i wish kazuya held her or something. he just stood there while mizuhara cried. but those 4 panel shots of chizuru breaking down and then the big one panel at the end, that was top tier shit
Nov 9, 2021 6:09 PM

Aug 2017
God I fucking hate this manga. I so regret ever reading this shit.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Nov 18, 2021 12:17 PM

Jul 2016
Best chapter so far, I got teary eyes reading it.
Aug 22, 2022 10:11 AM
Jun 2022
el prota es un pendejazo de primera lo odio con mi vida

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Chapter 326 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 16

5 by yoslina »»
Apr 17, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Chapter 325 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 9

6 by yoslina »»
Apr 14, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Chapter 218 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

S0UVIK - Dec 29, 2021

171 by IchigoNGL »»
Apr 13, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Chapter 320 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 5

12 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 10, 7:16 AM

» Is it worth to read on?

Aris97 - Apr 5

21 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Apr 10, 4:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.