Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 7, 2020 6:29 PM

Apr 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Despite the filler they really did a good job with this episode. Luffy is such a charismatic King! X3
Nov 7, 2020 6:46 PM

Sep 2013
Episodes like these remind myself of what One Piece is truly about Luffy's road to Pirate King for Luffy and his charismatic speech that we all love. I love this episode honestly despite the filler.
Nov 7, 2020 7:27 PM

Oct 2017
Yes this is the man named Luffy, who'll be the pirate king in future.
Nov 7, 2020 7:33 PM

Feb 2010
Getting to the really good moments of Act 2 soon, the next handful of episodes should be legendary then onto Act 3!
Nov 7, 2020 7:53 PM

Dec 2012
Taking his observation haki to a new level ✌️
Nov 7, 2020 8:41 PM

Apr 2020
I dont know why they have to do so many recap and flashbacks in the episode. I know they don't want to catch up to the manga but still....
It felt worse than usual personally.
I really hope Toei improves with the pacing next week.
I'm getting sick and tired of these meh episodes.
keep in my mind one piece is my favorite anime of all time and I'm especially strict with it.
Nov 7, 2020 8:58 PM

Jul 2007
Well looks like this is it. The Udon section is officially finished at this point. Although there will be small little scenes here and there but it won't be the focus any longer. The act is heading towards a climax now and the coming episodes will be quite awesome. I can't wait. Ironic that this episode 949 is the exact same numbered Chapter 949 lol that the source mateiral is adapated from. In any case it seems TOIE is going for the conclusion of this act to be a early christmas end of year celeberation judging by the pacing and act 3 of course will end in the manga at the end of the year

ArtimesGamerNov 7, 2020 9:15 PM

Nov 7, 2020 10:26 PM
Nov 2017
Got goosebumps during Luffy's speech. His VA did a good job showing how much in pain he was, but still inspiring people.
Nov 7, 2020 10:36 PM

Nov 2018
We finally reached the capturing of Udon after so many episodes. Luffy had some great moments in this episode, his charismatic and leadership qualities really showed during his speech.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Nov 7, 2020 11:06 PM

Jun 2020
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck what an absolute fucking banger of an episode, gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
So THAT's why I have this absolute fucking badass on my favourites, shit I'm ejaculating help m-
This anime shit is addictive
Nov 8, 2020 12:41 AM

Mar 2020
Another one of the diehard Luffy moments! Hell yeah!
Seems like we will finally be getting more stuff as Udon is finished.
Nov 8, 2020 2:12 AM

Aug 2018
Good episode I really expect a lot in upcoming episodes knowing how act 2 ended in manga
Nov 8, 2020 3:06 AM

Jul 2016
CooLDuDe_103 said:
Another one of the diehard Luffy moments! Hell yeah!
Seems like we will finally be getting more stuff as Udon is finished.

Luffy going badass King mode is always great.
Nov 8, 2020 3:09 AM

Sep 2019
Luffy got everyone on his side by sacrificing himself and giving a great speech. That's leadership right there, that's the guy who's going to become the pirate king one day.
Nov 8, 2020 3:38 AM

Apr 2014
Badass Luffy with an unforgettable speech!
Nov 8, 2020 4:42 AM
Jul 2014
This episode marks the momentous? occasion where the amount of manga chapters adapted so far equals the anime episode count
Nov 8, 2020 5:01 AM

Sep 2017
Luffy's such a great leader,I loved his speech so much,how he won the hearts of so many people and showed them how to stand against Kaido and to not give up.
The remake of Berserk is a mistake.
Nov 8, 2020 5:28 AM

Nov 2016
Based Luffy, future Pirate King.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 8, 2020 6:12 AM

Mar 2020
Ciphra-XIII said:
This episode marks the momentous? occasion where the amount of manga chapters adapted so far equals the anime episode count

I really hope it continues.
Nov 8, 2020 7:33 AM

Feb 2013
Luffy's speech was too awesome.
Nov 8, 2020 7:42 AM

May 2014
Luffy's inspirational speech is always epic to watch. He has really a talent for convincing anyone, and it's fantastic to watch. It's hilarious how he blocked the trunk of that yellow elephant, and the Babanuki dug his own grave. Luffy is a fast learner. He has already learned how to master the future prediction technique. Either they speed his learning ability, or he learns new techniques a lot faster than before. I go for the first one, though it has pros and cons with it.

Either way, next ep. It is going to be a build-up ep. too, so I guess it won't be so exiciting.
Nov 8, 2020 8:52 AM
Oct 2019
Luffy's Plot Armor , What else is new?
Can't wait until this BS arc is put out of it's misery. even in the manga.
(I'm up to date with the manga )
Nov 8, 2020 8:58 AM
Oct 2019
z00nex said:
Luffy got everyone on his side by sacrificing himself and giving a great speech. That's leadership right there, that's the guy who's going to become the pirate king one day.

( that's the guy who's going to become the pirate king one day )

That would take until the very end of the series, There is still no power progress at this point even so I highly doubt it ever well

Luffy's Ryou haki was the biggest BS it couldn't even hold a amnesia Big Mom out for at least for 6 seconds? and of course the Fake Death of the old man surviving Big Mom´s attack. no difference than the bird guy in Alabasta 's plot armor surviving & the old man in Skypia surviving Erenu's lightning

But Base Form Luffy's Nakama power could strike Kaido down from the air in his dragon form?
I'm more than willing to believe This will result Kaido's defeat via Nakama fuel + in G4 or it'll be Base Form Luffy again.
Mazetriple100Nov 8, 2020 9:02 AM
Nov 8, 2020 10:13 AM

Jul 2015
Luffy you crazy bastard, hugging those infected people in a time where social distancing is a thing. Awesome to see his move there near the end with his future vision and babanuki trunk.

Nov 8, 2020 10:22 AM
Apr 2016
While I can see why Luffy did it (hates people that are not living "free" spirit-wise in their free pirate world), but still felt like an average shonen with all the motivational talking and simultaneous risking his life to corroborate the attempt to persuade (e.g. seen a billion times in Bleach, Naruto, MHA, etc.).
Nov 8, 2020 11:04 AM

Jul 2008
It's been awhile since we've had a great One Piece speech...we just got one and from Luffy no less. This was one of his best.

Luffy, you da man.
Nov 8, 2020 12:29 PM

Jan 2009
I swear I heard Nakata Jouji at the end when the narator said udon was conquered.
what the fuck!?!?
The lowly maggot under the trash.
Nov 8, 2020 2:03 PM
Jun 2015
Luffy for 2020 president. What a badass motivating speech. One of the best speeches in anime
Nov 8, 2020 5:30 PM
Jul 2018
Everything that Luffy said is true, I thought this episode was amazing yet more Clan members are missing kozuki.

Nov 8, 2020 7:08 PM

Sep 2010
Hope Chopper can think up a cure / antiodote quickly! Started off a little slow, but I enjoyed it by the end.
Nov 8, 2020 10:51 PM
Aug 2020
First of all appreciate the animation. It was sooooooooooooooooo amazing.
Ok, so now we know that Luffy is not prone to viruses. But Chopper got his back here, so no need to worry.
This also kinda reminded me that what was one piece about. He is against a yonko and a mere prison is nothing. In recent episodes attention kinda shifted towards samurai, backstory and other stuff. But after this moment we again got to saw Luffy's determination.
And he used his most powerful weapon again,i.e., to attract people.
We were thinking that just learning advanced armament Haki Luffy would be able to defeat Kaido, but I wonder will that be enough. He obviously needs something more. I think so
Nov 9, 2020 3:52 AM

Dec 2013
Great content throughout the episode supported by amazing visuals. This episode really outshined the past few episodes for me.

Luffy showed his leadership and finally got the prisoners on his side!
Nov 9, 2020 8:43 AM
Nov 2014
Yo, this was a filler? No way! Didn't feel like it at all - those first 6 or so minutes of action-packed awesomeness were just amazing, and it only got better after that :D Now I'm just going to need everyone to pause real quick so Chopper can sort out our food/fun/adventure-loving pirate captain real quick. Luffy really did everyone a solid! I did think he'd just be immune to it though so I'm a bit surprised the plague gutted him just like the rest
Nov 9, 2020 12:20 PM
Nov 2020
Luffy's speech gave me goosebumps, damn! It reminded me that despite him being dumb sometimes, he's still technically smart too "sometimes". 😂
Nov 9, 2020 5:29 PM

Mar 2020
Udon was conquered.
Luffy shows the prisoners that their current lives are not to be called normal, and that he is not afraid to face danger.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 9, 2020 8:45 PM

Jul 2013
What a great episode. This reminded me again why I love One Piece and also Luffy so much. Stopping the prisonders despite the fact he will get infected with that plague is something only he would do. And his speech afterwards gave me goosebumps. The way Tanaka Mayumi is voicing such important scenes is always beyond words for me.

No wonder the prisoners changed their mind. Because of Luffy they finally got back their will to fight back. That's an awesome way to end this section in Udon.

Besides from that this episode also had some really sweet animation. I'm excited to see what will happen next now that they got Udon under their control.

Natsu88Nov 9, 2020 8:49 PM

Nov 9, 2020 10:45 PM
Aug 2015
Luffy's speech was awesome but the manga has so much better pacing than these last few episodes.
Nov 9, 2020 10:46 PM

Jul 2020
Look at Luffy man so inspirational
Nov 10, 2020 2:02 AM

Jun 2016
When starting this episode, I wasn't paying much attention. I was making breakfast and I had it playing in the background. A bunch of Joe Schmoes were being murdered and all of the heroes were fighting. When this continued I thought this episode was going to be filler, extended boring fighting.

However, by the end of the episode I was crying! The liberation of prisoners or slaves is such a perfect story for Luffy to take part in. Central to his character is the desire to inspire others to fight for what they believe in, and to fight alongside them. Yet these people have been broken down severely for 20 years to the point that even when the prophecy is foretold, they feel anger that the samurai have come and put them in this situation. We've seen the living conditions of Wano, we've see how this happened, and it sucks. It sucks to see a people's entire drive to fight, their sense of hope, absent.

You're given enough to keep from dying and you call that living?!?
Knowing how Luffy is, seeing a people who are unable to even conceive of fighting back, whose spirits have been crushed to this degree, must have been awful. So to shout to wake up while also tying it through to everybody who was fighting and the people we have met, a comment that this begun for Tama, meaning he could be fighting for any single one of them, it felt incredibly heartfelt. I could feel how important this was for Luffy, and we have felt the despair these people face every step of the way. We are in this together.

The plague shots could be quite the obvious metaphor. Kaido's forces poison onto the people, sucking away their life force and forcing them to fight with one another, but Luffy is willing to physically take the literal or more figurative disease Kaido has created with open arms to fight against it with solidarity! In a way, it reminds me of Hiriluk's dialogue about those sick in Drum Kingdom and what his ambition was about.

Props to Magellan, a truly underappreciated MVP. He was nice enough to give Luffy poison resist and it keeps being incredibly useful.
Nov 10, 2020 4:12 AM
Sep 2018
This episode was amazing. Luffy is insane. He gave me some chills
Nov 10, 2020 5:20 AM
Dec 2010
It's episodes like this that remind you of Luffy's potential and excitement. It may only come along once every 75 or so episodes, but when it hits, it's glorious.
Nov 10, 2020 6:27 AM

Dec 2017
I very much liked this episode it was satisfying at the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2020 6:52 PM

Jun 2016
Episode of the year figure it out!
Nov 11, 2020 4:01 AM

Apr 2013
The prisoners turning into zombies was hella retarded, I feel like this arc gets worse with every episode.
Nov 11, 2020 4:15 AM

Dec 2013
A top tier speech by Luffy in this episode. This episode was definitely better than the last few.
Nov 13, 2020 2:08 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That's the future pirate king for you.
Nov 13, 2020 2:51 PM
May 2020
MegamiRem said:

This man has said he’s gonna be the king of the pirates for years! When will he be?!?!
Nov 15, 2020 4:20 AM
Dec 2018
Hunterconnor said:
MegamiRem said:

This man has said he’s gonna be the king of the pirates for years! When will he be?!?!

once he is strong enough
Nov 15, 2020 6:17 PM
May 2020
DruMzTV said:
Hunterconnor said:

once he is strong enough

I’m shocked he still isn’t the strongest! I know that there are still people stronger than him, but it’s almost 1000 episodes, and still, he’s not the strongest!

Edit: I’m shocked he still isn’t strong enough. Sorry :/
Nov 16, 2020 7:24 AM
Dec 2018
Hunterconnor said:
DruMzTV said:

once he is strong enough

I’m shocked he still isn’t the strongest! I know that there are still people stronger than him, but it’s almost 1000 episodes, and still, he’s not the strongest!

Edit: I’m shocked he still isn’t strong enough. Sorry :/

you only read 130 chapters. continue reading and youll see
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I miss the old fights.

NeutralSide - Sep 14, 2023

25 by NeutralSide »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 390 Discussion

enkil - May 5, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 389 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Feb 15, 2009

60 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.