Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 14, 2020 9:03 AM
May 2019
This is one of the best episodes of this show yet. Great character development for Rina. Makes the viewer actually care about her. Originally I was worried that there wouldn’t be much character development in this show, but this and the past couple episodes have proven me wrong. If they can keep this character development up, this could be a seriously great show. The thing I was most pleasantly surprised about this episode was the song. Unlike almost all the previous songs, it’s an actual performance instead of being shoehorned in at the end because “This is an idol show, we need a song in every episode no matter what.” It actually makes sense in context. Excited for next episode and Kanata’s development, especially since really the only thing we know about her so far is that she’s tired all the time.
Nov 16, 2020 1:05 AM
Dec 2016
Rina's development in the game seemed lackluster so I hoped that anime, when it was announced, would touch on this and I really am pleased with the results.
In the game, she is solely portrayed as just a girl with some social anxieties so she wears a mask but in the anime, they went all out explaining that not only does she have to deal with social anxiety but fears that because of her monotone voice people will perceive her as angry and not caring. From a character that was at the bottom of my best girls ladder she really did climb up.

I also liked how Yuu gave her the mask, I mean sure it's sweet how Ai gives her the mask in the game but there's something about how the 'self insert' character gives her the mask that helps her express her emotions better that makes it more wholesome.

Deco*27 did a great job composing her song and the lyrics fit Rina so well :)

Nov 17, 2020 1:15 PM

Jan 2015
Of course rina would get the best episode, based
Dec 13, 2020 5:56 PM

Oct 2012
I dunno. Everything up to her concert was good but the song itself was pretty bad and I dunno how I feel about her electronic mask - that's not a solution to the problem, that further enforces it.
Also, she really should answer her classmates without that face-drawing... I mean, it really feels like fan fetish, fanservice at best to make her look cutesy (but she is actually more cute without it). It always kicks me out of the immersion when I realize it's only plot device.
Feb 5, 2021 7:21 AM
Jan 2016
rina has moebius syndrome, in which sufferers have difficulty expressing their faces.
Apr 16, 2021 2:31 AM

Jan 2016
I think so many people can relate to Rina, atleast me who is not very good at expressing his feeling through words.I'm very moved by her character since i can relate to her definetely my favourite girl from this series but other girls are pretty good too.
Apr 21, 2021 10:42 AM

Feb 2020
What a great episode. That was probably the most unique performance in Love Live franchise. Rina's electronic monitor was so adorable. =^_^=

SerafosNov 19, 2023 2:49 AM
Apr 27, 2021 2:04 PM

Dec 2012
Rina is a national treasure. I don't know what expression I had on my face when I was watching her performance, but I imagine I was >_< to the max. I had to watch it 3 or 4 times so I could see the way her emoticons matched the lyrics.
May 6, 2021 8:05 PM
Nov 2018
Rina was the one who got me into love live since her mask design was very impressionable and not what I thought of when thinking about school idols. I was curious and now I’m Hooked lol. Loved this episode!
Jul 5, 2021 10:11 AM

Nov 2017
OMG Rina is surely the best girl all Love Live! combined in my opinion! 😍 It also holds the most original performance all Love Live! combined! \(≧▽≦)/
Jul 13, 2021 6:04 PM

May 2016
Damn... I knew that Rina always had trouble expressing her emotions and connecting with others but it was only now in this episode that I've seen how affected she really was by her social incapabilities. The sadness and frustration in her voice when she revealed to everyone that she could never make friends because of her being the person she is really broke my heart.

I really envy her for having such an advanced PC set but even with all those gadgets to have fun with, anyone's bound to feel lonely from time to time. It's quite a feat for the most introverted member of the club to go ahead and head their first official live show! I'm really glad that she was finally able to express her true feelings to everyone.

Sep 20, 2021 8:52 AM
May 2021
Rina so cute and I love that
Dec 10, 2021 7:14 AM

Nov 2017
Oh yeah, I remember this being my favourite episode because my childhood self could relate a lot to Rina and her struggles. Heck, I'll even say that it's just one of the best episodes when it comes to any Love Live, period.

Golly, for this Love Live it really is hard to pick just 1 best girl lol. Her song, and the accompanying animation that went with it this episode was next level. It just felt so genuine for a lack of a better word right now. Just the overall attention to detail with not only Rina's character, but the visuals were so darn great!
Dec 20, 2021 7:57 PM

Jun 2021
Rina so cuteeeee, im happy that she can perform now! .

I love the couple Rina-Ai hehe <3 they are so pretty together.

Nice episode! Rina deserves so much love :')
Aug 21, 2022 11:39 AM
Apr 2022
i love this eps cuz rina chan 🥰
May 28, 2023 5:51 PM

Oct 2021
Damn this episode hit close to home. 

I like how Rina's performance was actually the most realistic cause she stayed on stage rather than having her whole environment change lol. Also, Rina being a bit of a computer whiz and gamer girl was a bit cliche but I love it. 

Also, Karin's face here is hilarious to me for some reason: 

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Oct 10, 2020

65 by Sommernacht »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

» Better than Sunshine?

Kayroad - Dec 23, 2023

14 by Otakupervert890 »»
Apr 8, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

54 by youchl »»
Mar 11, 1:48 PM

» What character is the center?

Kayroad - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Amranhakim8 »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

NV2301 - Dec 26, 2020

99 by Desaturate »»
Nov 5, 2023 7:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.