Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 6, 2021 4:55 AM
Dec 2019
Zevven said:
It's only episode 6 and the anime already destroyed its own foundation and turned into casual shit.

Elaina turned from true neutral into moralist that suddenly cares about others.
Saya's totally gay for Elaina and it's all her character is about.
More cliche anime comedy pervy jokes and cliche speeches.

Why do you have to ruin one of the rare series that was already good and original...
It's now a f***ing lighthearted comedy with few dark moments???
uou're not wrong. But you aren't right either
Jan 21, 2021 9:06 AM
Jan 2020
The land of truth concept was good and we got to see Saya once again but as a cool witch this time. Also that fight with the king was not an actual fight, which I thought it would be. Good episode overall.
Mar 16, 2021 1:46 AM

Jul 2015
Gotta love Elaina's honesty all the time about finding herself beautiful without any doubt in her mind. Interesting country this time and funny to see Saya back and fangirling all over Elaina.

Mar 26, 2021 10:42 AM

Mar 2016
really interesting episode, but more important there is saya (´。• ω •。`)
Apr 5, 2021 9:38 PM

Nov 2009
LOL

"I am not beau-beau, I AM VERY BEAUTIFUL" (totally not a lie, lol) (at least to herself)

Tho... "Truth only" is the most crap thing there is. That's the whole reason why ppls have the saying "Bad Lie, Good Lie". Because there's a sort of balance even tho it's a Lie.

Interesting episode, at least there's no crazy drama and bunch of people dying. (tho I guess it's also prevented by the Truth-only magic as the King originally wants to kill off anyone that lies...)

And we got Saya... who's apparently now part of a "Witch Association" instead of heading back home to work there with her little sister.
(and "a long time", I can bet it's been at least 1+ year, probably longer since it's Saya, and it most likely took her a LONG time to become an actual Witch with title)

Also, looks like Saya can stop time while Elaina rewinds time. I wonder if all witches have their own special "time magic".

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 10, 2021 7:21 PM

Jul 2013
I love the interactions between Saya x Elaina!
They are funny & cute together! I ship them! Haha
Apr 11, 2021 10:40 AM

Feb 2020
Saya is so adorable. ^^ It was nice to see her again.

Well, the episode was allright. Nothing amazing but not bad either.
Apr 25, 2021 9:50 AM

Jun 2016
Elaina this time finds herself in the Land of Truth Tellers, a place where no one can lie. Except people don't talk, so they can't tell the truth. Elaina reunites with Saya again, who is on a job request from a local witch, Eihemia.

I'll be honest here, I don't think I'd like to live in such a place. Every one of those citizens must have bottled up all their feeling to breaking point. It is a questionable approach for the king to take. Heck, you can't even write a lie, sheer madness.

Saya definitely brings a different atmosphere to the show. For me tho, she came on a bit too heavy. It's safe to say she'll be like that in future encounters (if any).

May 7, 2021 5:50 PM

Jun 2012
This episode felt out of character for Elaina. She usually doesn't want to get involved, but in this episode she directly took on a king and his guards. Compare it to episode 3 where she didn't care to help a town getting absorbed by a killer plant, and just left a slave girl to her fate. She can take on a king but not rescue a simple slave girl?
Shoot first, think never.
May 12, 2021 6:18 AM

Aug 2018
Well, I guess, if people would speak truth all the time.. Everyone would just argue all the time, and shit on each other.. I mean, you simply just can be tired and not give a shit about anything, and then say it.. It's natural that you get tired from times to times.. Just as one example, why you wouldn't want to tell truth all the time..
lol, Saya is so happy to see Elaina.. ;P
And Saya is totally into yuri with Elaina, it seems.. With saying about marriage and stuff in a serious way..
Dolphins with heart accessory, hm..
They promised each other.. Sweet.. ;P
May 14, 2021 8:11 AM

Oct 2007
Elaina is beautiful and that's the truth! no lie about that

glad Euphemia got her voice and magic back.

and Saya telling the truth when she want to marry Elaina. Saya even spent so much money buying necklace for her. :>
Jun 22, 2021 4:51 AM

Aug 2018
Surprisingly, Elaina helps others and it was a huge task and she wasn't being half-assed too in helping.
Jun 24, 2021 10:08 AM

Jun 2008
Strong Kino no Tabi vibe... good episode.

Jul 19, 2021 4:04 AM

Nov 2008
Saya the Sooty Witch more like Saya the Yuri Witch amiright? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On a more serious note, the repeated argument from the episode 3 discussion thread about Elaina being the bystander and observer does not hold up at all as we can see her interfering with the politics of an entire country and assaulting it's king.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jan 30, 2022 7:46 AM

Oct 2017
Taking advantage of the country's spell so she can give herself an ego stroke lmao.
Episodes like this bother me because they completely contradict the "don't take actions into your own hands" morals she seems to have; not with this place, though. She's done it a few times then completely ignores others, she could at least mention "I'm unable to help" instead of just flying away from responsibility.

It also makes no sense why everyone's so quiet and pretty much nobody's selling anything until the spell is broken. Is everyone there compulsive liars and scammers or something that they're that afraid? The only time they opened their mouth was to shun the king... at least they could say that, and it's probably the main thing they said in the story precisely to get the message across harder. Idk, this show's pushing weird morals. It's as if the place is now ridden with compulsive liars, rather than humans. It literally made it look like the truth was 100% bad yet decent people almost never lie so it wouldn't make much of a difference to their lives anyway. Weird.
BunilleJan 30, 2022 7:58 AM
Feb 24, 2022 6:35 PM

Jun 2020
The country of Truth to be honest no this is going to be bullshit, I like that the first thing she did to prove if it's real or not is to shout she's not beautiful and she came out egocentric but I ain't complaining

Another reunion of witches that scene was cute how those two were so cute even if Elaina was disinterested

As I notice nothing was a good idea out of it but glad that it's over and the bullshitting between each citizen is clear, Until they meet again.
Apr 6, 2022 4:47 PM
Sep 2007
Another light episode. Not that I'm complaining.

The witch from 2nd episode is back and is totally Elaina's fangirl, lol. Ashen Witch is not amused...

In this country you can't speak a lie... so nobody speaks. Making people unable to lie doesn't make them better people. The street fight scene clearly show this. Also the barrier made them unable to speak lies, not unable to lie at all... Enforced invigilation never made people honest, only more creative with lies.

On the other hand, some "honest" statements were funny, like "welcome to the shithole we call home" or "the real mistery is how this boring tripe got published" XD

Apr 29, 2022 8:18 PM

Jan 2020
That guy was right, Elaina is pretty dumb for being such a genius witch. Which is odd, because she's been traveling for awhile now. I'd assume she'd become a little more worldly by now. Or, if nothing else, stop being so unnecessarily narcissistic.

As much as Saya was annoying before, and is still a borderline, genuine creep, there were some cute moments with her and Elaina. I'd be okay with shipping them, but despite Elaina continually stroking her own ego by flaunting her "beauty," she doesn't seem to have a sexual bone in her body. So, I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up never being in a relationship.

Also, it was a missed opportunity to not have her unimpededly call herself ugly or confirm she has a twisted personality when she was forced to speak and write the truth. Having her write out that she has a pure heart is the most heavy-handed thing I've ever seen in my entire life.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 1, 2022 8:44 AM
Sep 2021
It was a decent episode, showing us how truth and lies are so important in life, but we should use both of them carefully.

I give this episode 5/10.
Aug 19, 2022 9:28 PM
Aug 2022
freaking great loved how the start was sad kinda but the story took a better turn
Oct 5, 2022 3:37 PM

Jul 2014
Just as I was about to praise this episode for subverting my expectations by having the townspeople work around the King's "always tell the truth" spell, Saya returned and immediately ruined things with her aggressive, unfunny simping.

And then we have this episode's glaring contradiction: Elaina goes completely against her established characterisation of refusing to get involved in a country's situation, and for what? Similar situations came up in Kino's Journey, yes, but that series always did an excellent job of justifying why Kino decided to get involved in the cases that she did while also justifying why she didn't involve herself in other cases. This episode does not do that: if Elaina is getting involved here, why did she leave an entire country to die to killer plants and consign a little girl to a lifetime of slavery? It has been established so far that she'll only get involved if she thinks she gains something from doing so, so what does she gain from involving herself in this situation that she wouldn't have gained from getting involved in either of those two cases?

Maybe the idea is that those events impacted her in some way to make her decide not to stand aside and watch things happen, but we've seen nothing to suggest that: if anything, Elaina's character seems utterly static and it seems nothing impacts her for more than an immediate moment. Hell, even that lesson in humility she got from Fran in episode 1 seems to have changed nothing about how Elaina acts after that episode: she's still as smug, arrogant and vain as she was before Fran "put her in her place".
Jun 2, 2023 4:37 AM

Dec 2022
It seems to me that Elaina really only helps when witches are involved or the situation is not too dangerous and she can possibly benefit from it too.
Jul 19, 2023 6:44 AM

Mar 2013
katakumplat said:
It seems to me that Elaina really only helps when witches are involved or the situation is not too dangerous and she can possibly benefit from it too.
Yeah as it was official UMA business it pretty much gave her a license to get involved directly. Other instances were just her travels, she felt she couldn't, or shouldn't, get involved - because any previous attempts to do so on her own ended in disaster (agreeing to take flowers to the city was well-intentioned but disastrous, encouraging the boy to give his jar of happiness to the slave was also well intentioned but went badly wrong, the incident with Mirarose was going to happen either way and her arrival merely hastened it).
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Sep 15, 2023 5:18 AM
Jun 2022
W episode, i really liked it. want a season 2 :/
Feb 5, 2:10 AM

Oct 2021
Saya is so unbearably annoying. This show works well when Elaina is by herself.
Apr 2, 9:10 PM

Dec 2022
great concept, great execution, without doubt the best episode yet
the penis mightier than the sword
woops forgot a space ^_^
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know how long Elaina has been traveling and what age she started

Ninja_inslops - Nov 1, 2021

8 by Ranka-Nyan »»
Apr 19, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

243 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 12, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

129 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 11, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

173 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

276 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.