Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 2, 2020 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not a bad idea for a plan to enter Russia. It just also happens that Tsurumi is a few steps ahead of Asirpa and the party. Also go to witness some sniper skills this episode which is rather scary.

I think this turned out to be quite a thrilling episode where no one is really safe, especially in the vast open snow field.

Nov 2, 2020 8:26 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I was looking forward to this bit being adapted. Kirokanke's past being revealed was a big moment in the manga imo. A revolutionary/regicidal killer. This manga is simply full of badasses wherever you look.

As a bonus we got Asirpa enjoying a meal which is always a big plus IMO. Hinna, hinna
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 2, 2020 8:36 AM

Jan 2016
I wonder how Asirpa will react to Kiroranke being a criminal. That was a cool duel between the snipers, but obviously that's just a trap. No Sugimoto this episode tho :((
Nov 2, 2020 8:40 AM

Aug 2017
I liked that sniper battle, something new we haven't seen in the series and it gives us the opportunity to have some good suspense. Also liked that they are moving into Russia, wonder what's in store for our group there...
We are only here for a short amount of time, I want to waste as much of that time possible doing nonsense
Nov 2, 2020 8:43 AM
Oct 2016
Back with the Asirpa group and some serious business. I do love how this show can cycle back and forth like this and not miss a beat. We got some circus funnies last time now we get some intense border crossing. I've been waiting to hear more about just who Kiroranke really is, this episode showing us some more. Part of the group whom assassinated the Russian Czar over twenty years before the story we're seeing now, something that legit did happen back in 1881. Cool to tie in actual history to this fictional story.

I liked learning not just about Kiroranke but also about the other minorities in Karafuto beyond just the Ainu. These small cultures are so minute that they don't get much spotlight in any kind of media so seeing them here was nice to see. Kiroranke definitely knowing a lot since he once crossed the border this same way en route to said assassination all those years ago. Leading out group, most specifically Ogata to a badass sniper duel with the Russian names Vasili, voiced by the awesome Yuichiro Umehara. I love the tension we can feel as they both stalk each other like a predator on the hunt. The whole episode really was super tense. Cannot wait to see the struggle continue in the next one.
Nov 2, 2020 8:49 AM
Sep 2015
It continues to be documentary-like, and surprisingly despite bloodshed violence, no one has died, yet...

I hope Sugimoto will meet with Asirpa soon, two different groups may work for a few episode but not the whole season.
Nov 2, 2020 8:56 AM

Nov 2016

Finally time for some Hinna Hinna, but more importantly, my man Ogata gets to shine.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 2, 2020 9:06 AM
Oct 2017
Best boy Vasily is finally here.
Hot take: Vasily is just better version of Komi-san.
Nov 2, 2020 9:29 AM

Apr 2016
Sniper battle , Golden Kamuy greatness
BRAWLERS
Nov 2, 2020 9:31 AM

Aug 2013
Never thought there would be a sniper battle in this series. Ogata now has a serious opponent.

Interesting reveal about Kiroranke. Now we need an entire episode focused on him.

Nov 2, 2020 9:37 AM

Sep 2019
Good episode, we saw the mind battle of snipers. That rifle is probably a decoy but still can’t be sure. They ended it in a bad time imo, it would’ve been better if they didn’t include the last scene or included all of it.
Nov 2, 2020 10:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
What a tense episode, the tension is just everywhere xD and it was good to see Ashirpa this time
Nov 2, 2020 10:19 AM

Aug 2020
The parts with food in this show are just Great.
Got to see a Sniper Duel.Finally,someone who can go up against Ogata.
Silent sniper battle and an intense Psychological battle happening at the same time.Also we didn't get to see Sugimoto this episode.
Shiraishi and the jokes are still funny.

Nov 2, 2020 11:13 AM

Apr 2020
So much tension the whole episode! it made me sad to think that uilta papa was dead. his son's reaction was touching, but the scene atmosphere wasnt so dramatic. idk maybe i have a emotional day (/。\)

Yulbars! Yulbars! Russia has not forgotten you!
Nov 2, 2020 12:48 PM

Apr 2015
Really tense episode with that sniper battle. Ogata is a bad-ass and cold bastard, him shooting all those reindeer says it all.

Kiroranke's past is interesting, so he is on really bad terms with russia after a terrorist attack he did on the former Russian leader. Yikes, that must be a huge bounty on his head there.
Nov 2, 2020 12:54 PM

Feb 2014
I do miss Asirpa saying Hinna Hinna when she ate food that she liked, so hearing her say it again put a smile on my face. =)

We only got a few moments of relaxation and some funny Shiraishi moments, but this episode was filled with thick tension. Even with the experience of Kiroranke's group, they did have a difficult time trying to dealing with the Russian border guards. I did feel sad for the poor son of the group who thought he lost his dad when he was shot by the Russians, but thankfully he's still alive.

Now we have two very tense moments, now. We have Ogata going up against the toughest of the Russian snipers, while the rest of the group finds from one of the injured Russians about Kiroranke. All we need now is an episode fully dedicated to Kiroranke's past, how he was known as "Yulbars" back then and what atrocities he might've been up to.
Nov 2, 2020 1:08 PM

Mar 2017
Whew, that was intense! Tsurumi does it again; he was a step ahead of Kiroranke & Ogata.
Kitty-KateNov 3, 2020 7:33 AM
Nov 2, 2020 1:12 PM

Jul 2017
This show and season has been on such a roll for a start. At this rate, probably would end up as my 2nd favorite anime of the year behind the 2nd season of Major 2nd.
Nov 2, 2020 1:52 PM

Apr 2020
Today's comedic relief: Let's tie to Shiraishi so he doesn't run off to any brothels LOL

Intense sniper battle.
Nov 2, 2020 2:31 PM
May 2019
Golden Kamuy Getting better and better every episode
Nov 2, 2020 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
The people from Russia and strong, I am really looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 2, 2020 3:01 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The Uilta father being shot and the son trying to get to him was so sad, my eyes teared up ;_; I'm glad he's still alive, although I don't know if he's going to survive. They were nice to help Asirpa's group, but they couldn't have known that it wasn't going to go well. I'm actually shocked about Kiroranke's past. How're they going to get around Russia now o_o

Sniper battle though. I like the mind games.

I definitely agree with how amazing Golden Kamuy is in the way that it can be so funny and ridiculous to serious and intense.
Nov 2, 2020 3:06 PM

Apr 2018
So Ogata has met his equal. Although it's not the first time he's in a hard situation as he was actually defeated in a battle of wits against Tanigaki back in the first season. This is really intense but my money is on Ogata.

I'm worried that Asirpa's group is so far north from Sugimoto's. My guess is that they won't gather until the end of the season. :(
Nov 2, 2020 3:32 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Asirpa's group have passed through the town of Shizuka that is located at the Russian border. Their plan was to smuggle their way into the Russian border, but they got pined down by a Russian sniper patrol. It's crazy to know that Kiroranke was a part of group that assassinated the Russian Czar in the capital St. Petersburg. Now the Russians know that Kiroranke is still alive thanks to Tsurumi leaking information to them. Which leads to a sniper battle involving Ogata and the Russian sniper.

Nov 2, 2020 4:23 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, this episode flew by way too quickly!
Great as always!
Nice to see Asirpa's group.
My boy Ogata has met his match!

Can't wait for next week episode!
Nov 2, 2020 6:17 PM
Jun 2017
watching golden kamuy s3 without subs sure is a challenging one as it has both Japanese and Russian language on it ,,

anyways sniper vs sniper? who will win the tactics war... yeah...
Nov 2, 2020 6:39 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Golden Kamuy back to their gun shot battle action again and some of the cultural lesson as a decoy for these entire episode duration. I am impressed, this is really a decent Golden Kamuy style i was looking for xD.

Such a long time i didn't see Ogata action, and here i am seeing the battle between those two snipers, very fast than i could expect. That last scene, tho. Its surely a trap from Ogata, i wonder if Vasili took the bait. Unfortunately, it got hanged off like that, never underestimate the power of the cliffhanger xD.

Well, more information already dumped on these episode explained the reason why they needed to pass the russian border. Kiroranke had a plan on the russian land, obviously. But, for what? And yes, he was actually the terrorist from the past, and Lieutenant Tsurumi took the chance of that information to slowed down them a bit. However, for how long? Its really hard to pursuit them because Sugimoto's team seemed having their own struggle positioning their place and looks worsen than i thought. They separated in such a long distance! Well, lets see how well they could survive on the russian motherland first before the pov back to Sugimoto again. Especially with that intensed battle between those two experienced sniper. The next one must be so good to see!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 2, 2020 6:39 PM

Jul 2017
The past episodes of Immortal Sugimoto's group journey have been switched over for Asirpa's, and this episode continues in good faith.

Shiraishi being treated like a reindeer so that he doesn't run away, what an ingenious idea of hilarity LOLs

The Uilta (or Orok) people, or their dwindling numbers are quite nice though, and Ogata's sniper abilities are just as decisive and quick for reindeer hunting. But of course, the true plan is to sneak into Russia, but Tsurumi being Tsurumi, being one step ahead and shooting the Uilta dad as a sign of warning (and the sad son in its tracks), it sure got intense real quick.

Ogata has finally met his match for foreign Russo snipers, and what a showdown.
Along with Kiroranke's history revealed with Russia's affiliation, next week's episode will be a long wait for greatness.
Nov 2, 2020 7:36 PM

Jun 2012
The question is, is Ogata hiding under that blanket or did he leave it there as a decoy? For the record I think he is hiding all that time not taking his eye off the scope for hours and hours. He is just that good.
Shoot first, think never.
Nov 2, 2020 9:43 PM

Jul 2016
And... we have finally reached the Russian border!

Another highly entertaining episode overall. The plot returned to its most serious aspect while also including that documentary-like approach the series hasn't used in a while and I was already missing a lot. Particularly enjoyed the first half of the episode in that regard.

Now, as for the second half... boy, that confrontation between Kiroranke's group and those Russian soldiers sure was tense as well as thrilling to watch. There was never a calm moment and I gotta say I really loved those last minutes with the "Sniper vs. Sniper" mind game between Ogata and Vasily. Unfortunately, their duel concluded in a sort of cliffhanger but I can bet Ogata set a trap using his rifle as decoy so I look forward to the resolution next week.

Also on a side note, knowing about Kiroranke's past as a revolutionary regicidal was quite the surprise but now, I can't wait for his proper backstory episode. Especially considering how well this show handles that type of episodes.
SouthRzVaNov 2, 2020 9:51 PM
Nov 2, 2020 10:19 PM

Apr 2012
Aaahh, so tense!

I missed the hinna hinna cooking and mukbang scenes. I just love it when I see Asirpa eat, and when she feeds the boys especially the biggest baby Ogata. And the Shiraishi gags are always so funny XD Asirpa appreciating a culture different from what she grew up with is also a treat.

The second half is truly intense. It feels bad that those Uilta got involved in this mess :( at least the father who got shot is still alive. And Kiroranke also briefed us with the cultural situation of this IP group - due to (religion) conversions, the Uilta's culture could approach death soon.

And finally, Vasily enters the fray! The internal monologues that Ogata and Vasily have are sending chills down my spine. They know that both the enemy and they themselves can become so cold-blooded as full-pledged snipers.

On queue for next episode are Kiroranke's history reveal and the suspenseful showdown between the snipers. Ahhh, that's one of my favorite moments in the manga! Looking forward to seeing it in the next episode!
Nov 3, 2020 12:16 AM

Jun 2014
It was nice to learn a little more about Kiroranke's past, I imagine we'll be getting a full backstory for him soon.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 3, 2020 2:12 AM

Jul 2016
Farabeuf said:
I was looking forward to this bit being adapted. Kirokanke's past being revealed was a big moment in the manga imo. A revolutionary/regicidal killer. This manga is simply full of badasses wherever you look.

As a bonus we got Asirpa enjoying a meal which is always a big plus IMO. Hinna, hinna

Every character in this show is wonderful
Nov 3, 2020 2:28 AM

Oct 2016
Another hinna hinna episode, Asirpa feeding Ogata will always make me laugh. And speaking of hinna hinna it's good to hear Asirpa saying it again.

But, what an intense episode though. We got a tease for Kiroranke's backstory, damn he was a revolutionary and he is the sole survivor. He has definitely become more interesting to me, and I am looking forward to seeing his full backstory.

That sniper battle was fucking great but, the question is; Is Ogata fake decoying or is that actually a real decoy hmm, I don't know. Either way, Ogata might be a dick but, he is a badass.
Nov 3, 2020 5:33 AM

Jul 2014
Decent time with Kiroranke's group this week, but good grief the entire situation leading to the snipers' standoff is so contrived: from Ogata just happening to have switched guns (meaning he wasn't shot first), to Vasili not shooting Kiroranke when he had the chance to the father surviving the bullet to the head. Just so painfully forced to keep everyone alive and keep the plot progressing.
Nov 3, 2020 10:48 AM

Jun 2015
The shows great all, and its perhaps the weekly pace but one of my big draws to the story was the relationship between Aspira and Sugimoto and how there adventure unfolded. All this cat and mouse chasing across the frozen wastelands although to be fair is great, and no pun intended with this weeks snipers battle going on my interest in the story is waning. I just dont feel like anythings happened all season and fair enough if its slow burn, but I might just wait till the season is finished and binge watch it for maximum impact.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 3, 2020 2:50 PM

Jan 2017
Shiraishi is love, Shiraishi is life
*laughs in Dimple*
Nov 6, 2020 6:46 PM

Oct 2008
now this is a purely awesome intense episode!
Finally Ogata found a good sniper on par with him!
5/5!

Nov 7, 2020 7:36 AM

Oct 2017
The snipers duel is tense. Also wow Kiroranke was among the assassins who murdered the king.

I'm glad that old man is alive.
Nov 7, 2020 2:13 PM

Feb 2008
An unexpected sniper face-off.

Not to mention that Kiroranke's past is an unexpectedly heavy one. This sheds some light on his motivations. A criminal as well as a hero, but above all – a revolutionary.

Nov 7, 2020 10:35 PM

Mar 2019
5 Weeks...
5 Episodes...
5/5 in 5 of 5...

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 10, 2020 2:45 PM
Mar 2015
snipers really are cold hearted
Nov 24, 2020 8:37 AM

May 2016
Gotta Love Tsurumi for making more enjoyable content for us :D

Kiroranke sure has huge past behind him, more stuff to enjoy.

5/5
Dec 7, 2020 2:26 AM

Jan 2018
Lt. Tsurumi figured out their plan to cross the border so he informed the Russians. Now we have a glimpse kironke past. Im glad the old man was alive and the group was able to hide(escape).

Ogata is a badass to take on the Russian by himself. The tension between snipers lasted a day long.

Also, the ED song is perfect. Its end the episode in hype.
Dec 13, 2020 10:40 PM

Aug 2017
I don't think Ogata is there at the end but I could be wrong lol. A different perspective on this episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 8, 2021 12:34 AM

Mar 2009
Really feel bad for the Uilta father and son getting involved in this mess. I'm glad the father is alive at least.

Ogata is so fucking scary.
Feb 18, 2021 5:31 AM

Jun 2020
Yey! An episode focused on Asirpa and Co.
Obata and that Russian sniper seem to be on par with each other. I'm just glad the Elder Uilta managed to survive, seeing his son call out for him was rather sad, wearing Thick Uilta hats must come in handy.
Mar 20, 2021 7:43 AM

Jul 2012
I'm pretty proud of myself for correctly guessing what Tsurumi was talking about when he mentioned 1881 and St. Petersburg. Never expected the assassination of Alexander II to be mentioned in anime, what an interesting development. Even though we were given his motivation, it felt a little too convenient that the Russian sniper didn't shoot Kiroranke. But ah well, whatever. Sniper battle!
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Apr 17, 2021 4:16 AM

Mar 2010
Seeing Kirokanke talk about Asirpa's dad like is normal is gross. I am glad he saved the innocent villager at least. Sniper battle is funny. I am guessing that cloaked rifle is another bait by ogata.
Jul 3, 2021 8:18 AM

Jul 2015
That old Uilta guy really was lucky he survived a shot at the head. I sure as hell didn't expect Kioranke to be someone who has literally took part in the assasination of a emperor. Time for Ogata to shine once again.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2020

110 by Karva1 »»
Mar 20, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2020

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 20, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2020

61 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2020

120 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2020

50 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 4:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.