Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BAKI
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 1, 2020 1:47 PM
Jan 2013
I enjoyed 2018 Baki despite its flaws.

Now, the raitai tournament saga was decent fun. The villains were terrible excluding the 150 years old chinese master. The backgrounds and most of the animations were terrible, like what was their budget? Shouldn't it be pretty much unlimited with Netflix backing them?

The worst was only about to begin. The Mohammed Ali Jr saga could be epic. They made him formidable in the beginning, only to... completely trash him in the following episodes?! WHY?! This whole arc was completely pointless!!! And the last episode... Seriously, they're gonna redo the Death Row Convitcs arc?! It's like if they knew this arc was trash so they wanna go back to what worked!

I am utterly disappointed. I forced myself to watch this after raitai tournament. To me this anime is finished. It's so sad since the 2018 Baki had an amazing intro, great OST, great energy (before they got overwhelmed by excess of work I guess, the should've made it 12 episodes instead), a lot of (unrealized) potential.
Nov 15, 2020 1:49 AM
Dec 2010
For me, if the show stopped after Raitei it would've been around a 6. The moment it shifted gears and became the Ali Jr. show it fell off a cliff. Soooo much unnecessary buildup for four full episodes, with zero payoff. Only to switch things up AGAIN at the last second with Yujiro coming out of left field.

The more I think about it the more I'm annoyed. The final third of the show feels so incredibly disjointed and pointless. It's just unsatisfying in every possible way.
Nov 16, 2020 8:55 PM
Jan 2013
Exactly bro! So disappointed!
Nov 24, 2020 5:08 PM
May 2020
The animation for this season wasn't terrible. The last season had CGI that looked very jarring and they have gotten rid of it. The 2018 season also had too many stills with minimal animation and this season improved on it. Baki is a highly detailed manga (if you have ever read it) and its not very easy to animate. Just because its on Netflix doesn't mean they get unlimited budget lol. Given this fact, it is an improvement in my eyes.
Furthermore, the Ali jr. vs Baki wasn't pointless even though it was a disappointing match. It shows improvement Baki has made over the years from the childhood saga throughout the maximum tournament (from Grappler Baki which is a prequel to the Netflix version) and the point of the arc is to hype up Yujiro vs Baki that happens later.
Edit: Also they are not going to redo the convicts arc lol. Its just a side story that was adapted as a special episode. The next arc will primarily focus on Baki and Oliva. I will leave it there so I won't spoil anyone.
CruelDeltaNov 25, 2020 1:55 AM
Dec 2, 2020 11:54 AM
Jan 2013
Thanks for your reply, I see your point.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baki 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrDucky1231 - Jun 4, 2020

52 by Augusto_Pilz »»
Dec 7, 2023 4:11 PM

Poll: » Baki 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

chhgn - Jun 5, 2020

42 by Ashhk »»
Nov 9, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Baki 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

chhgn - Jun 4, 2020

15 by Ashhk »»
Nov 9, 2023 1:15 AM

Poll: » Baki 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

chhgn - Jun 4, 2020

31 by Ashhk »»
Nov 9, 2023 12:36 AM

Poll: » Baki 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

chhgn - Jun 4, 2020

19 by Ashhk »»
Nov 8, 2023 12:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.