Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 31, 2020 5:21 PM

Nov 2019
This show would really benefit a lot if they removed the """comedy""" entirely.

But other than that, decent episode.
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Oct 31, 2020 8:23 PM

Dec 2016
Man, what a terrible waste of what could be a truly great title. The first 2 episodes looked amazing and had some really eary tone. The later episodes feel like a mish mash of a Saw movie combined with the humor of SouthPark.

Yuuji is allegedly dead (although we all know these protagonists have thicker plot armor than an actual Abrahams tank) and after the most cliched rainy sequence with the closest friend sobbing for the sudden lost of his close friend, we get a couple of goofy looking curses talking smack to each other, along with glasses guy in suit blushing towards the hot doctor/coroner and also the new troupe of reinforcements formed by a talking Panda, a dumb guy that only speaks using food dishes and a bitchy unsensible stuckup girl with glasses make their entrance.

Like for real, Fire Force shitty humor in the worst moments had always been jarring. But this is just as bad or probably even worse in the long run if they intend to keep a somber story.

Also, what was that fight between Sukuna & Megumi? he took a beating equally as punishing as that in DBZ, but he was able to stand back up and perform a soliloqui with the power of friendship to bring Yuuji back. I thought all these exorcists relied on the power of their summons, not that they actually had had the resilience of characters like the Z-senshi from DBZ.
Oct 31, 2020 10:36 PM

Nov 2014
Roch2001 said:
ttcchen said:

what dude moving about semi dancing?

The MC I would guess. Its pretty obvious who he is.
obvious who he is? Wdym? Yuji's Yuji. Who else could he be? That's him dancing, not Sukuna. I don't what you're on about.
Oct 31, 2020 10:37 PM
Apr 2018
- "The only thing granted equally to all is an unfair reality."
- "Let's use the open space!"
- "Live a Long Life."
- "I have always been a nice guy who cares for my students."
- "For every positive action & emotions human show, there's always a flip-side."
- "Did he, though? I'm not so sure."
- "Don't look inside me without permission. I hate it... Brat."
Oct 31, 2020 10:50 PM

Jan 2018
Finally some good fight. Cant believe megumi actually survive that.
Nov 1, 2020 12:37 AM

Sep 2007
ttcchen said:

love the fight scenes this week. they adapted it well. my only nitpick is how they lengthened it by having Sukuna throw Megumi multiple times through buildings, which is unrealistic how he's still alive. In the manga, he only threw and hit him once, and Megumi's fall was cushioned by Nue.
But in this episode he fell through multiple walls and buildings BEFORE Nue arrived to protect him. So how the heck is he still alive?

Haha, this was my thought as well. Guess the laws of physics don't apply to them. He gets thrown through walls and no death, broken bones, hell not even a concussion. Animation was dope, but it's a huge letdown for me when anime go that route with fights. Like, I don't need characters kicked through the earth and into space to be impressed lol.
Nov 1, 2020 1:25 AM
Oct 2018
Kimurah said:
Man, what a terrible waste of what could be a truly great title. The first 2 episodes looked amazing and had some really eary tone. The later episodes feel like a mish mash of a Saw movie combined with the humor of SouthPark.

Yuuji is allegedly dead (although we all know these protagonists have thicker plot armor than an actual Abrahams tank) and after the most cliched rainy sequence with the closest friend sobbing for the sudden lost of his close friend, we get a couple of goofy looking curses talking smack to each other, along with glasses guy in suit blushing towards the hot doctor/coroner and also the new troupe of reinforcements formed by a talking Panda, a dumb guy that only speaks using food dishes and a bitchy unsensible stuckup girl with glasses make their entrance.

Like for real, Fire Force shitty humor in the worst moments had always been jarring. But this is just as bad or probably even worse in the long run if they intend to keep a somber story.

Also, what was that fight between Sukuna & Megumi? he took a beating equally as punishing as that in DBZ, but he was able to stand back up and perform a soliloqui with the power of friendship to bring Yuuji back. I thought all these exorcists relied on the power of their summons, not that they actually had had the resilience of characters like the Z-senshi from DBZ.

Megumi didn't bring Yuuji back. You are talking shit here while the most important scene went over your head lmao. He was about to perform a technique which would have taken many years away from his life so before he can do that yuuji gave his all and switched with sukuna to save megumi despite knowing that he won't survive without his heart. And then people call the scene cliche without understanding anything lmao. Keep on hating for no reason though. Meanwhile we manga readers know that this series is one of the best modern shounen and gonna make waves.
Nov 1, 2020 1:29 AM

Apr 2016
One of the best shounen animes in a while. God of high school wish it could even be an ounce of what this anime is.

Loving it so far, and I hope it only retains the same lvl of hype or if it gets better then I welcome it.
Nov 1, 2020 1:35 AM
Jul 2009
Nik03178 said:
Kimurah said:

Megumi didn't bring Yuuji back. You are talking shit here while the most important scene went over your head lmao. He was about to perform a technique which would have taken many years away from his life so before he can do that yuuji gave his all and switched with sukuna to save megumi despite knowing that he won't survive without his heart. And then people call the scene cliche without understanding anything lmao. Keep on hating for no reason though. Meanwhile we manga readers know that this series is one of the best modern shounen and gonna make waves.

Preach on, my friend. Haters can hate all they want, no one can take away our enjoyment of the awesomeness that is Gojo.
Koshi_InabaNov 1, 2020 1:57 AM
Nov 1, 2020 1:47 AM

Oct 2017
So far this has been much less generic than other shonen of the same category.
The pacing is so fast and there're some twists that come rather early on for a shonen which surprises me.

The plot has been much more productive than Demon Slayer at the same episode count atm which is good. Hope it doesn't go downhill later.

Also as always Mappa combat animation is fire. (Not surprised though)
Nov 1, 2020 1:50 AM

Oct 2017
ttcchen said:
why didn't they add Yuji's response to Sukuna's command at the end? that would have been more epic

Geto's voice isn't what i imagined but it's not bad. It does remind me of those master manipulator antagonists. seeing Jogo animated has me loving him even more. Love how his voice is a pitch higher when he was pissed off at Hanami (and his volcano head nearly exploded lol). i also like how they're abiding the traffic rules despite being villains. its kinda cute

love the fight scenes this week. they adapted it well. my only nitpick is how they lengthened it by having Sukuna throw Megumi multiple times through buildings, which is unrealistic how he's still alive. In the manga, he only threw and hit him once, and Megumi's fall was cushioned by Nue.

But in this episode he fell through multiple walls and buildings BEFORE Nue arrived to protect him. So how the heck is he still alive?

I mean questioning anime logic , especially battle shonen is 100% pointless.
Usually fall damage/ colliding damage / fire damage do next to nothing to anime shonen characters, and only direct cut damage/pierce damage will kill a character. (Which irl it's reverse. Fire damage and colliding damage suppose to be much more lethal that human will literally turn into ashes/ tiny pieces)

Let's just explain it as jujutsu sorcerer has super-human capability, like all the other shonen series characters.
Ventus_SNov 1, 2020 1:53 AM
Nov 1, 2020 1:22 AM

Sep 2018
Well, the episode knows how to put that pinch of interest and involvement that are part of the underlying elements to make it worth watching. The narration starts well with that image just after the opening to whet the viewer's curiosity, and then give an explanation that validates the work of Megumi's character, shortly after there is a twist that really puts interest in the vision of the 'episode; this combination alone would be enough to give an excuse and calmly watch the episode. But the beauty of the script lies precisely in the fact that it also adds the death of the protagonist which at first may not be true, but which gradually becomes evident as the pure truth, even I didn't believe it until the doctor says of wanting to dissect him. And let's not forget the part concerning the fight which, in addition to being an engaging moment, is interesting because it emphasizes some points that make understanding these mysteries intriguing. And finally the arrival of new characters, very funny, also thanks to the comic sketch placed after the ending.
Nov 1, 2020 2:43 AM

Oct 2020
Nothing much to say but a cool fight scene. We all know that the mc will not stay dead forever so Itadori should be revived in the next episode or two
Nov 1, 2020 6:20 AM

Mar 2014
Oh man that was an amazing episode, definitely my favorite so far!

Sukuna's fight with Megumi got me hooked, it was really intense but Megumi managed to hold his own even if he was no match for Sukuna. I loved seeing more about Megumi's life and how he formed his own philosophy of helping and saving people unequally. Telling Yuuji he never regretted saving him before the latter comes back and dies was really emotional.

I definitely didn't expect the higher ups somewhat orchestrating Yuuji's demise because they didn't agree with the decision and thought he should have gotten executed.

Can't wait for the next episode with the competition, as well as Sukuna and Yuuji's inner encounter.
Nov 1, 2020 6:37 AM

Dec 2016
Nik03178 said:
Kimurah said:

Oh, cool. A technique that wasn't even mentioned or hinted prior to this very moment so it makes it look less important for the regular viewer.

And Yuuji waking up after such an emo dialogue by Megumi feels exactly "convenient" when he couldn't control Sukuna a few minutes before when he still had his hearth.

The rain after Yuuji's false death is indeed cliche. You didn't bring anything to the table to refute this statement.

You didn't even refute my point that they are acting like DBZ characters crashing thru buildings without stablishing the lenght of their abilities.

LUL, manga readers are the worst kind of people to listen to with their delusional perception thru rose tinted shades while drinking the most adulterated glass of kool aid.

Koshi_Inaba said:

Preach on, my friend. Haters can hate all they want, no one can take away our enjoyment of the awesomeness that is Gojo.

This level of salt without an actual debate is just hilarious, wich is more than what I can say about the cheesy humor for 12 year olds the series has.

Ventus_S said:

Usually fall damage/ colliding damage / fire damage do next to nothing to anime shonen characters, and only direct cut damage/pierce damage will kill a character. (Which irl it's reverse. Fire damage and colliding damage suppose to be much more lethal that human will literally turn into ashes/ tiny pieces)

Let's just explain it as jujutsu sorcerer has super-human capability, like all the other shonen series characters.

Migh was well have said A WIZARD DID IT wich is cheaper/faster than try to explain inconsistent bullshit
KimurahNov 1, 2020 7:04 AM
Nov 1, 2020 6:37 AM
Oct 2018
Panda is here can't wait to see him fight against the other school!!!
Nov 1, 2020 7:50 AM
Jan 2020
Kimurah said:
Nik03178 said:

Oh, cool. A technique that wasn't even mentioned or hinted prior to this very moment so it makes it look less important for the regular viewer.

And Yuuji waking up after such an emo dialogue by Megumi feels exactly "convenient" when he couldn't control Sukuna a few minutes before when he still had his hearth.

The rain after Yuuji's false death is indeed cliche. You didn't bring anything to the table to refute this statement.

You didn't even refute my point that they are acting like DBZ characters crashing thru buildings without stablishing the lenght of their abilities.

LUL, manga readers are the worst kind of people to listen to with their delusional perception thru rose tinted shades while drinking the most adulterated glass of kool aid.

Ventus_S said:

Migh was well have said A WIZARD DID IT wich is cheaper/faster than try to explain inconsistent bullshit

Well, OP is kinda wrong for saying the technique takes some years from Fushiguro's life, it's more complicated than that.
It's still a dangerous skill, and Sukuna felt that, getting ready to go all out and encouraging Megumi to do the same.

It's shown in both manga and anime that Megumi halted at the beginning of incantation 'cause he was surprised (probably by the change in Sukuna's/Yuuji's face expression). He finally gave the answer to Yuuji's question about saving someone as dangerous as him, as kinda a reassurance before Itadori's death.

Sukuna knew Yuuji COULD come back if he wanted to ("it's only a matter of time"), what didn't let him do that outright were restrictions and absence of a pact. Sukuna just underestimated his host's suicidal and kind-hearted nature. Yuuji probably felt Fushiguro was going to do sth lethal for himself + he didn't want Sukuna to go rampage anymore. It takes lots of guts to wake up knowing you will die.

Some of manga panels were already posted there, where Megumi is barely standing after one through-building-crash even with Nue tanking Sukuna's attack. I didn't like the way it was executed in anime too, but overall manga doesn't go as far with such unrealistic stamina show-offs.
Nov 1, 2020 7:54 AM

Mar 2019
Kimurah said:
Nik03178 said:

Koshi_Inaba said:

This level of salt without an actual debate is just hilarious, wich is more than what I can say about the cheesy humor for 12 year olds the series has.

Ventus_S said:

If you want an explanation for the DBZ like behavior, then just assume that Megumi was on the defensive and was using cursed energy for defense instead of focusing on offense. Obviously I'm not the happiest about how much he tanked in the anime since in the manga he got hit once and that was partially blocked by Nue. However, it is still explainable that he didn't die from all the damage especially since it was blunt damage. And also, of course he woke up at that moment. Yuuji didn't want Megumi to die by using that technique so he decided to sacrifice himself in order to save him. Over anytime during the fight it is possible that Yuuji might've been able to takeover, but he was keeping it how it was since Megumi still had a plan. Once that plan fell through, Yuuji knew he needed to take over and that his death was the only outcome. Also, of course we wouldn't know Megumi had a trump card... that's like the whole point of a trump card being a trump card.
Nov 1, 2020 8:33 AM
Jul 2020
One of the most annoying trope to me is "he died, but not really"... but ok, i'm not going to complain.
Fushiguro is probably my favourite character so far <3 Can't wait to see more of Panda-senpai !!
And damn... Ieiri looks fine af...
Nov 1, 2020 8:55 AM
Oct 2020
okay, if you enter the logic of the laws of physics or whatever that means that it is impossible for Megumi to be still fine after being hit by an attack from the sukuna and slamming the walls of the building, then I will answer as a manga reader that in this series there is also a theory of jujutsu techniques in The so-called "reversal technique" whereby the technique as the medium and the curse energy as the trigger can turn a negative state into a positive
Nov 1, 2020 9:02 AM

Sep 2020
I kept wondering ever since they introduced Fushiguro why his first name was Megumi. I'm glad they cleared that up and that he got his fair share of screen time in this episode. His monologue is what completely sold me on his character, the line "the only thing granted equally to all is an unfair reality" is just so good and actually accurate and relatable lol.

A lot of characters were also introduced this episode but so far just that. I'm sure they'll explore them later in the series but I'm really curious to see what the story behind the guy who "can only talk in rice ball ingredients" is all about, haha. Very unique cast of characters in the series overall. Great show so far.
Nov 1, 2020 11:22 AM

Oct 2019
Pandaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Nov 1, 2020 3:12 PM

Mar 2016
episode was a little underwhelming :( so much potential, i hope it picks up again!

Nov 1, 2020 5:39 PM
Aug 2020
One thing i dislike and despise in shonen anime is that MC died too early and for god's sake, we know he's going to survive and alive on the next episode anyway. That's kind of wasting time in my opinion. Even if he's not completely dead or something like that, i really hate when do that in shonen anime. i just hate it.
Nov 1, 2020 6:35 PM

Oct 2008
oh nice Itadori is still alive!
what the hell!? a Panda!? now that's weird! but what's new? lolz
5/5.

Nov 1, 2020 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
Pakumen- said:
Joei-12 said:

Fortunately that never happen, yeah jujutsu it's a typical shonen battle, but never gets that level of cringe that is Neo-Persona 4

For me they feel like Naruto-Kurama. I don´t think these two will be friends, but it´s obvious that Yuuji will eventually start gaining some respect and power from Sukuna.

Why the "Neo"?

Man i just gonna say, don't think this one gonna be the same as your usual shounen, cause that's what i'm thinking before and now i feel dumb after reading the manga, like the confusion is real.
Nov 1, 2020 9:03 PM

May 2020
I was just about to say that this show was doing really well until they killed off the main character... I obviously didn't believe it at first but they really took their time to reveal that he might not actually be dead.

Idk the inclusion of the three other students and this whole new competition thing really gives me My Hero Academia vibes, which is kind of annoying. I hope it doesn't turn out like it.
Nov 1, 2020 9:33 PM

Jan 2019
It's a shame that we couldn't let Yuuji be unconditionally, completely dead for a full episode. I was really enjoying how they killed him early. Obviously I was expecting some sort of return, but I'm hoping it only occurs through some thoroughly messed up shit.

Anyway, seems like Panda-senpai really is a Panda.
Nov 1, 2020 10:00 PM
Mar 2015
I am not dead yet I am getting better You aren't fooling anyone
Nov 2, 2020 3:06 AM

Nov 2014
Ventus_S said:
ttcchen said:

Jujutsu Kaisen has always shown itself as a realistic shounen series unlike other shounen series, like how Nobara pointed out it's abnormal for Yuji to be able to punch through walls with his bare fist. So it's reasonable to expect the anime to follow the manga and continue being realistic even if they want to flex. And they can still show off their animation while staying true to the manga. All they needed to do is having Nue shield Megumi RIGHT AFTER the first blow in the sky from Sukuna, and continue having Nue protect Megumi from every blows afterwards. This way it's obvious that Nue is cushioning Megumi from the fall which makes it more reasonable that he can still stand after that. OR they can just show Megumi using his curse energy to cover his whole body so the anime onlys can assume that the curse energy can somehow protect him from harm.
Nov 2, 2020 3:53 AM
Jan 2020
YAAY WE GOT PANDA.

Panda was the best part of this episode OMG. At least he ain't dead (well ofc).
Tournament? Yes please
Nov 2, 2020 6:03 AM

Dec 2018
More characters has been introduced. Can't wait to see them fight. The main character has died and I didn't feel sad at all..
of course I didn't, since I get the feeling he will be fine soon.

Nov 2, 2020 11:11 AM

Oct 2017
ttcchen said:
Ventus_S said:

Jujutsu Kaisen has always shown itself as a realistic shounen series unlike other shounen series, like how Nobara pointed out it's abnormal for Yuji to be able to punch through walls with his bare fist. So it's reasonable to expect the anime to follow the manga and continue being realistic even if they want to flex. And they can still show off their animation while staying true to the manga. All they needed to do is having Nue shield Megumi RIGHT AFTER the first blow in the sky from Sukuna, and continue having Nue protect Megumi from every blows afterwards. This way it's obvious that Nue is cushioning Megumi from the fall which makes it more reasonable that he can still stand after that. OR they can just show Megumi using his curse energy to cover his whole body so the anime onlys can assume that the curse energy can somehow protect him from harm.

What realistic?
From first episode I knew this serie is far from remotely being realistic XD.

Like a curse artifact this powerful so easily being obtained/ or even open up the seal by normal people?
Like curse monsters that can kill people with ease didn't already cause a big fuss in the society and so on?
Like how mc can jump to the 4th floor w/o any jujutsu training/ curse artiffact or whatever?
Nov 2, 2020 1:48 PM

Mar 2010
OFc they can't just kill off a main, dat regeneration should kick in, might be a ability he can use after that experience.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 2, 2020 5:07 PM

Aug 2018
After 5 eps MC died immediately this just shows the plot and story of this anime will be hella unique compared to other shounen animes, we know he will come back in reasonable way. Also villains on this anime are really smart and fighting scenes are great af.

Finally they introduced some new characters
Can't wait for next episode!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 2, 2020 7:20 PM
Jul 2018
"Sort of smells like the sun"

º-º

anyway, Fushiguro has been an incredible character in this episode!
removed-userNov 2, 2020 7:25 PM
Nov 2, 2020 8:18 PM

Nov 2014
Ventus_S said:
ttcchen said:

What realistic?
From first episode I knew this serie is far from remotely being realistic XD.

Like a curse artifact this powerful so easily being obtained/ or even open up the seal by normal people?
Like curse monsters that can kill people with ease didn't already cause a big fuss in the society and so on?
Like how mc can jump to the 4th floor w/o any jujutsu training/ curse artiffact or whatever?

well it's a magical shounen so of course these "magical incidents" are going to be unrealistic since magic isn't real, but when I said realistic i meant this show is grounded in reality. The characters act in realistic ways and the causations of events and the consequences are all very realistic. It has rules its "magic" follows so to defy these rules is creating plotholes and making it unrealistic.
-it was explained that the seal has weakened after so many years that's why normal people can open it
-normal people can't see curse monsters that's why it hasn't caused a big fuss
-it's been foreshadowed in the beginning that there's something unique about Yuji. I'm sure there's more to his past then meets the eyes.

Imi-555 said:
One thing i dislike and despise in shonen anime is that MC died too early and for god's sake, we know he's going to survive and alive on the next episode anyway. That's kind of wasting time in my opinion. Even if he's not completely dead or something like that, i really hate when do that in shonen anime. i just hate it.

it's not wasting time. There's a reason for this. JJK doesn't do anything for no reason.

Kimurah said:

Yuji isn't protected from plot armor. There're no unreasonable events in JJK. If Yuji comes back alive, then it must be for a good reason, which I can assure you is definitely not just plot protecting him cause he's the mc. Cliche rainy sequence? If that's all you got out of it then I have nothing to say to you. Goofy? It's called unique. Inumaki has a reason for talking in food dishes. If you paid attention to his introduction you should be able to guess why. Maki isn't a bitchy unsensible stuckup girl. It's explained that she only seemed unsensitive cause she wasn't aware of their circumstances. If a girl being direct and badass is considered a bitchy stuckup then you need to reconsider your view on the female population in general. Also Megumi is the only one who relies on powers of his shadow summons. You've already seen how the principal uses cursed dolls and Nobara uses nails and hammers, so each exorcist relies on different powers.

badabass said:
Before it get a revelations, Fushiguro solidified his heart to always saving people indiscriminately, for the sake of his own the right justice. No way he could let a kind people die, like her crush get in his past. Then, its actually awakened Itadori back to himself. Actually he just need people to acknowledged his action as the right thing, and with the same reason as Fushiguro had, it cause Itadori to realized the reality that he had a real friend whos always backing him up .... Yeah, Fushiguro almost letting his ultimate jujutsu technique to Sukuna, and almost forced him to the real people that died ....

Fushiguro saved people discriminately, not indiscriminately. It also wasn't his speech that awakened Yuji. Yuji awakened BEFORE Fushiguro said that. If you rewatch that scene you'll notice Megumi's eyes widening as he stopped his attack. That's because he noticed Yuji taking back control of Sukuna, which is why he wanted to let Yuji know why he decided to save him back then before Yuji dies.

badabass said:
About Gojou sensei and his trouble of dislike against the higher-ups of the Jujutsu Kaisen. Yeah, i completely hate with Gojou statement they were all being framed and all of that just a mere trap to see the real power of Sukuna.

You've misunderstood. The higherup's plan is to kill Yuji with the special grade. The trap to see the real power of Sukuna is planned by the villains, y'know, the long-haired guy and the 3 curses. They're NOT the higherup.

StrawHatTitan said:
Am I the only one who's getting Levi vibes from Gojou sensei?

You're not wrong. Gojo is probably gonna be the next Levi in terms of strong and badass anime character. He's like Saitama+All Might+Levi all in one.

Atlos said:
Vindicater said:

What?

It makes sense to me so far and there are still some questions left to be answered so that it stays fresh later on.
Everything makes sense but in fight they are using all these cursed techniques but its just saying x character can do this in middle of a fight where it really benefit from explaining these power systems beforehand and some general ground rules

So far the power/curse techniques have been consistent. Megumi can summon animals out of his shadows and Nobara can control her curse energy and channel them into curses using her nails. It's like chakra, nen, whatever other anime energy you can think of. Each person control and utilize them in different ways. Though the curse energy in JJK is still uniquely different from the others, which will be explained more in the following episodes.

1nvader said:
As cool as the fight was, how tf did Fushiguro survive that?! I thought they were supposed to be sorcerers, not tanks, lmao. So far we've seen no spells that could strengthen the body enough for this.

check post #11
Nov 2, 2020 8:57 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
ttcchen said:

Fushiguro saved people discriminately, not indiscriminately. It also wasn't his speech that awakened Yuji. Yuji awakened BEFORE Fushiguro said that. If you rewatch that scene you'll notice Megumi's eyes widening as he stopped his attack. That's because he noticed Yuji taking back control of Sukuna, which is why he wanted to let Yuji know why he decided to save him back then before Yuji dies.

Wow really you had a nice little time to respond my shitty comment there.

And yes its kinda miss up from my translations resource that the sub said it was indiscriminately, at my own language. But its actually an unequally, which means pretty similar to discriminately. But from my previous comment about the reason of him still at the right positions there or you still had some correction? And wdym by not Fushiguro speech? So whats exactly made Yuuji awakened?

ttcchen said:

You've misunderstood. The higherup's plan is to kill Yuji with the special grade. The trap to see the real power of Sukuna is planned by the villains, y'know, the long-haired guy and the 3 curses. They're NOT the higherup.

Damn, man. I thought that guy was their higherup. And You should've put a spoiler tag for that thing, Really. I don't read manga so stop spoil me that much xd.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 3, 2020 12:03 AM
Jan 2020
LOUPNHRSZ said:
"Sort of smells like the sun"

º-º

anyway, Fushiguro has been an incredible character in this episode!

He called it "Mr. Sun" - "ohisama" in Japanese, which is an extremely cutesy and childish way of speaking. That's why Nobara and Maki were blushing since it was very moe of (seemingly dark and mature) Fushiguro.
Nov 3, 2020 5:37 AM

Aug 2017
So he didn't die. Well the plot armor's with him!!

I'm more interested in that panda. What is he?? A human in panda costume or an actual panda!!!??

Nov 3, 2020 12:30 PM

Dec 2016
ttcchen said:
here're no unreasonable events in JJK. If Yuji comes back alive, then it must be for a good reason, which I can assure you is definitely not just plot protecting him cause he's the mc. Cliche rainy sequence? If that's all you got out of it then I have nothing to say to you. Goofy? It's called unique. Inumaki has a reason for talking in food dishes. If you paid attention to his introduction you should be able to guess why. Maki isn't a bitchy unsensible stuckup girl. It's explained that she only seemed unsensitive cause she wasn't aware of their circumstances. If a girl being direct and badass is considered a bitchy stuckup then you need to reconsider your view on the female population in general. Also Megumi is the only one who relies on powers of his shadow summons. You've already seen how the principal uses cursed dolls and Nobara uses nails and hammers, so each exorcist relies on different powers.

1. Yuuji will come back to life eventually, exactly because he's the main protagonist. Writers aren't as innovative to actually break the mold on what's expected another predictable battle shonen series.

2. You can't make a comeback on a cliche that every shonen title has used such as a rainy day after someone allegedly dies, because you have exactly squat to make a retort

3. I couldn't care 2 fucks on a gimmicky character like Inumaki that speaks in food dishes. I certainly wouldn't call it unique, I've seen it dozens of times on other shows to make a character look passive, not necesarily with food dishes, but with a similar gimmick.

4. Maki is exactly that, a stuck up unsensible bitch. Being an adult is part of using your vocabulary properly, and getting a grip of the ambiance. And even if you don't entirely understand what's going on, you don't act like an impulsive ass with the very first thing that comes to your head. You can't defend her with "oh I didn't expect for somebody to actually have died", she could have aproached, presented herself and ask what happened before doing that stupid flashy presentation looking like a total douchebag.

5. Regarding Megumi using only shadow summons doesn't explain at all why he can sustain such heavy damage by breaking thru buildings with such amazing force without suffering any kind of trauma or broken bones. And the opposite Yuuji's limbs were shredded so easily by simple cuts with less force appllied. It feels a lot like God of Highschool that one minute they are fighting using just martial arts, but a second later they are fighting using magic and almost Jojo like Stands with no visual explanation.
KimurahNov 3, 2020 12:34 PM
Nov 3, 2020 9:33 PM

Jul 2016
Of course MC wouldn't die xD Was still cute how the series tried to take Itadori's "death" seriously despite the obvious cliche tho.

So-so episode if I'm honest. Animation during the fight was impressive as expected but Itadori suddenly regaining control at the end felt kinda anticlimactic.
Now personally speaking, I enjoyed the politics aspect of the episode way more than the confrontation between Sukuna and Fushiguro. So Gojou's superiors want to screw him and it seems one of them is already working alongside some Curses, uh?

P.S.: So... how many episodes until I see Panda-senpai doing some parkour?
Nov 3, 2020 11:53 PM

Nov 2014
Kimurah said:
ttcchen said:
here're no unreasonable events in JJK. If Yuji comes back alive, then it must be for a good reason, which I can assure you is definitely not just plot protecting him cause he's the mc. Cliche rainy sequence? If that's all you got out of it then I have nothing to say to you. Goofy? It's called unique. Inumaki has a reason for talking in food dishes. If you paid attention to his introduction you should be able to guess why. Maki isn't a bitchy unsensible stuckup girl. It's explained that she only seemed unsensitive cause she wasn't aware of their circumstances. If a girl being direct and badass is considered a bitchy stuckup then you need to reconsider your view on the female population in general. Also Megumi is the only one who relies on powers of his shadow summons. You've already seen how the principal uses cursed dolls and Nobara uses nails and hammers, so each exorcist relies on different powers.

1. Yuuji will come back to life eventually, exactly because he's the main protagonist. Writers aren't as innovative to actually break the mold on what's expected another predictable battle shonen series.

2. You can't make a comeback on a cliche that every shonen title has used such as a rainy day after someone allegedly dies, because you have exactly squat to make a retort

3. I couldn't care 2 fucks on a gimmicky character like Inumaki that speaks in food dishes. I certainly wouldn't call it unique, I've seen it dozens of times on other shows to make a character look passive, not necesarily with food dishes, but with a similar gimmick.

4. Maki is exactly that, a stuck up unsensible bitch. Being an adult is part of using your vocabulary properly, and getting a grip of the ambiance. And even if you don't entirely understand what's going on, you don't act like an impulsive ass with the very first thing that comes to your head. You can't defend her with "oh I didn't expect for somebody to actually have died", she could have aproached, presented herself and ask what happened before doing that stupid flashy presentation looking like a total douchebag.

5. Regarding Megumi using only shadow summons doesn't explain at all why he can sustain such heavy damage by breaking thru buildings with such amazing force without suffering any kind of trauma or broken bones. And the opposite Yuuji's limbs were shredded so easily by simple cuts with less force appllied. It feels a lot like God of Highschool that one minute they are fighting using just martial arts, but a second later they are fighting using magic and almost Jojo like Stands with no visual explanation.

1. it's not the cliches that make certain shows bad, it's the way they're delivered. if a cliche is used well then it can still tell a great story
2. oh so you want it to be bright and sunny when Yuji dies? This is a fictional story, not the real world. They need it to build the atmosphere
3. like i said, Inumaki isn't doing that just to be "passive" or unique. he has a reason, and if you're smart you should be able to piece together the reason with the clues presented to you.
4. guess what? people actually have different personalities. not everyone is going to approach a situation the same way, just like how not everyone is going to ask "what's going on with you two?" the same way. Some people use sarcasm in their speech, some is blunt and straightforward, some try to find out the answer through other means. Who the hell would see two people sitting on the stairs looking moody and immediately thinks "oh someone must have died"??
5. blame the studio for that because that's not what happened in the manga.
Nov 4, 2020 12:45 AM

Nov 2014
badabass said:
ttcchen said:

Wow really you had a nice little time to respond my shitty comment there.

And yes its kinda miss up from my translations resource that the sub said it was indiscriminately, at my own language. But its actually an unequally, which means pretty similar to discriminately. But from my previous comment about the reason of him still at the right positions there or you still had some correction? And wdym by not Fushiguro speech? So whats exactly made Yuuji awakened?

ttcchen said:

Damn, man. I thought that guy was their higherup. And You should've put a spoiler tag for that thing, Really. I don't read manga so stop spoil me that much xd.

-what previous comment about him in the right position?

-yuuji awakened cause he doesn't want megumi to die. he didn't awaken earlier cause he has a hole in his heart and he's obviously afraid of dying, but at that time he realized if this continues sukuna will eventually kill megumi and the only way to stop sukuna is by reclaiming control and dying.

-i don't see how that's a spoiler since it's painfully obvious these are not the higherups. first of all, these 3 creatures are obviously curses so why would a human (long-haired guy) be on friendly terms with the curses? (and if u also need to explain why he's a human then that's because the restaurant waitress can see him but not the curses) and after what they talked about, it should be even more obvious that this group of people are the villains of the story.
Nov 4, 2020 5:00 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
ttcchen said:

first of all, these 3 creatures are obviously curses so why would a human (long-haired guy) be on friendly terms with the curses? (and if u also need to explain why he's a human then that's because the restaurant waitress can see him but not the curses) and after what they talked about, it should be even more obvious that this group of people are the villains of the story.

Nah, its not obvious much for me. Because at the entire time they just talked about the higher-ups, and not touch about him at all. At that episode, his appearance kinda blurred about his real objective. I don't even know whats his deal to test Sukuna's power. So no way for me to caught up them as a non higher-ups. And if you called him a villain. What about the higher-ups themself? Like Gojou said at his last sentence. Not a villain much for you? Well, if you just don't biased much, you must understand what i feel about these episode. Lol.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 4, 2020 10:15 AM

Dec 2016
ttcchen said:

1. it's not the cliches that make certain shows bad, it's the way they're delivered. if a cliche is used well then it can still tell a great story
2. oh so you want it to be bright and sunny when Yuji dies? This is a fictional story, not the real world. They need it to build the atmosphere
3. like i said, Inumaki isn't doing that just to be "passive" or unique. he has a reason, and if you're smart you should be able to piece together the reason with the clues presented to you.
4. guess what? people actually have different personalities. not everyone is going to approach a situation the same way, just like how not everyone is going to ask "what's going on with you two?" the same way. Some people use sarcasm in their speech, some is blunt and straightforward, some try to find out the answer through other means. Who the hell would see two people sitting on the stairs looking moody and immediately thinks "oh someone must have died"??
5. blame the studio for that because that's not what happened in the manga.

1. And I still don't see the "great" delivery in an overused trope in this particular show

2. I want it to do something else rather than use a copy/pasta an overused trope that it's garanteed to shock and awe the 12 year old target demographic this show aims to. It's ridiculous how you fangirl about the alleged originality of the guy that speaks just using food dishes, but you're totally okay about using a very cliched trope with no imagination to even at least make it a subversion or something distinct. Talk about hypocrisy.

3. I simply don't give 2 fucks about him. That's all, I simply I don't get a good first impression regarding Inumaki. I expect the show to actually wow me later rather than just believe in a very biased premise you're offering.

4. Exactly, people have different personalities, and some of them are just childish and can't read the ambiance in a room, making themselves look like asshats with their poor unplanned aproach. But there will always be white knights defending a huge screw up, because muh lady is hot. And regarding your last line, you obviously have the mentality of a teenager lacking any tact if you feel that aproaching to 2 people sitting on a temple with a gloomy face does not equal to them currently having had a hard time, either someone's death, or ilness, or losing their homes, the posibilities are wide and therefore it's better to act WITH TACT rather than look like an ignorant bozo like Maki did. But then again, 12 year olds love this cheesy, loud and stupid kind of comedy.

5. I don't give 2 fucks about the manga either. Likewise I don't care for manga fanboys "patching up" shortcomings on the story missed by the adaptation.

Nov 4, 2020 12:59 PM

Jan 2019
HeHehehehe panda is named panda
Nov 4, 2020 5:32 PM

Sep 2011
Kaasfondue said:
20m said:
Fire force was mid tho ?

This is mid too. But not the ''generic but executed well'' kind. It's just decent.

Fire Force took a full season and some change to even get up to mid. Jujutsu is pretty good but not great so far.
Nov 5, 2020 1:58 AM

Nov 2013
Oh no, MC is dead...Nooo -_-
Nov 5, 2020 8:16 AM

Dec 2016
I'm guessing Sukuna can fix Itadori's heart anytime he wants cause only Itadori's body can be his vessel so Sukuna won't just go and kill this vessel.

But still they should've sent the second years too to fight that special-grade.

So, Uchii is just here to call out ingredient names...≧∇≦
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Yesterday, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Yesterday, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

634 by MyOpinionMatters »»
Apr 14, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 22, 2021

228 by mikejimamadara »»
Apr 13, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

236 by mielutunelutu »»
Apr 13, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.