Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2020 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ye, that Calmaramon is a real troublemaker. Going up against a Digimon is not a pretty sight to see.

Props to Takeru for his bravery and fighting so hard this episode though. I love how he is willing to do anything to protect his partner.
Oct 24, 2020 8:17 PM

Apr 2016
I can't be the only one that noticed those Metalgreymon shots right?
Oct 24, 2020 9:18 PM

Feb 2019
Yo that metalgreymon was fucking insane! What an ep!
Oct 24, 2020 9:48 PM
Jun 2012
For a moment I thought metalgreymon would digivolve to wargreymon. I was glad it didnt happen so early.

I'm enjoying a lot Digimon 2020 but sometimes I feel this reboot is focusing to much on fights and neglecting what made the first Digimon Adventure so special, character development.

We are at almost 1/3 of the anime lenght . Lets see what they'll do for the rest of the anime.
Oct 24, 2020 10:07 PM

Dec 2016
Takeru already proving how much is he worth, I like it
Oct 24, 2020 10:48 PM

Oct 2017
Ah dang I forgot about the Virus/Vaccine effects on Digimons. It's been so long since I last played a digimon game, gotta replay one to refresh my memory.

Anyway that was MetalGreymon Vaccine unless I'm mistaking it.

Pretty hype battle and another predicament is closing in. Takeru is already helping a lot.
Oct 24, 2020 11:01 PM
Nov 2015
Again another episode of yamato and taichi digital Adventure ... Whats the point id the rest of the kids ? Just cuz tk did something doesnt mean the show is about those 2 ... What with you toei ?
Oct 24, 2020 11:09 PM
Feb 2020
So Metalgreymon has a railgun, what's Weregarurumon gonna get next episode?

Still not a fan of the ending everyone looks way too cartoonish
Oct 25, 2020 1:35 AM

Apr 2011
Bastiono said:
So Metalgreymon has a railgun, what's Weregarurumon gonna get next episode?

Still not a fan of the ending everyone looks way too cartoonish
Yup, it looks like Metalgreymon new railgun is called "Alteros", and its origin seem to be from Metalgreymon X (Virus). A Digimon with the X-Antibody, which was suppose to be powered up version of all Metalgreymon, but it got outshine here, since this reboot version has both Trident arm and Alteros, making it the strongest.

With the way the show is going, even X-Antibody Digimon designs (parts) can be reuse as powered ups on the regular ultimates. Very excited at the direction they're taking, I just wish the animation was better. Next week we get Weregarurumon feature with some sort of powered up as well? Here a sample of Weregarurumon X. I wonder what they writers going to use from here?

Oct 25, 2020 2:21 AM
Sep 2015
Amazing episode with superb soundtrack when Takeru meet Eldoradimon's eye and appropriate use of X-treme fight song.

Calamaramon is one of the legendary digimon in frontier and also a mini-boss. It feels like this reboot put some essentials in other digimon and make it into an adventure we've never seen before.
Oct 25, 2020 4:08 AM

Sep 2009
First I was surprised about MetalGreymon using Mega Flame. But using Alteros really topped that one :P
Oct 25, 2020 5:19 AM

Feb 2013
I didn't think they would have a difficult fight today, I was wrong.
Oct 25, 2020 5:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The situation is still really tense I guess... and damn that end seems very interesting, I'm hyped for the next episode now xD
Oct 25, 2020 5:37 AM

Sep 2019
I liked it a lot! It had a really good sense of realism. And I thank God that the show is not heavily focused on Yamato and Taichi.
Just a hunch.
Oct 25, 2020 6:55 AM

Apr 2020
miranda20 said:
I'm enjoying a lot Digimon 2020 but sometimes I feel this reboot is focusing to much on fights and neglecting what made the first Digimon Adventure so special, character development.

Yes, Digimon Adventure had 16 main characters and all were great, digimon and kids.

I really don't like the fact of evolution happening all the time, they go from one battle to another without rest or eating. These digimon have infinite stamina.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Oct 25, 2020 8:04 AM

Jan 2009
the animation is still so bad lol

but at least that railgun of MetalGreymon is cool as fuck though
Oct 25, 2020 8:40 AM

Apr 2013
AcD4c said:
miranda20 said:

Yes, Digimon Adventure had 16 main characters and all were great, digimon and kids.

I really don't like the fact of evolution happening all the time, they go from one battle to another without rest or eating. These digimon have infinite stamina.

Exactly! There's no rest at all for anyone, it's a fight after a fight.

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Oct 25, 2020 9:04 AM

Jul 2017
Lots of fights closer into the enemy HQ, and trouble's brewing over in the Digital World with Calamaramon. Truly, keeping up with the Chosen Ones are just as frustrating in the conquest of having a consistent "one step forward".

What a tremedously difficult fight for Taichi and Yamato, that is until MetalGreymon got its railgun, and Eldoradimon showing up as the enemy base for a change in tide.

The battle's just beginning...
Oct 25, 2020 1:15 PM

May 2008
I... was NOT expecting for Metalgreymon to get a freaking railgun on his arm. I didn't even know that was a thing. Guess I should be playing the digimon games because it looks like this reboot is taking from every piece of media. It was kinda cool tho. Sucks we haven't got Skullgreymon and it looks like we won't since the humans are too perfect for dark evolution to take place. If anything, it seems like Angemon may go through one this go around with those evil vines around his egg.

But... dear gods, the art this episode was something else. And not in a good way.

So, Taichi is capable of jumping off a running digimon, doing a dodge roll after being knocked back, doing a flip after being knocked back and catching a falling Agumon without falling onto his butt... Oh, Koushiro can just update with the digivice without any Gennai help now too... sure ok. i believe you.

There were other parts I found amusing like:
-Yamato now just using "Taichi" instead of "Yagami" for no reason (will this ever be addressed??),
-seeing Mimi's parents (dang she rich),
-seeing Shin being a more awesome brother here and Jou being more willing to do "what he has to do" instead of falling into his study routine (will we see his parents this time around?),
- Piyomon can fly?? (I thought her thing was that she couldn't?)
-Yamato hiding Takeru just so he can go ride his digimon in battle,
-Takeru being more proactive (even if his dialogue leaves a lot to be desired),
-and Taichi's speech being so generic and lacking any character it's astounding.

vansonbee said:
(awesome info)
I wonder what they writers going to use from here?

Interesting. So this is how they're going to pad out Perfect and Ultimate evolutions. While it'd be cool to see the other digimon get the X-Antibody parts, I wouldn't be surprised if all of this is because they plan on working in X-Antibody Omegamon to become the strongest.
SakariiOct 25, 2020 1:22 PM
Oct 25, 2020 11:42 PM

Mar 2018
I was worried it'll be Mega debut (WarGreymon) but it's a relief it's just a mode change / slide evolution. Didn't expect it at all, but in a good way. Now they'll probably go each Ultimate gets similar treatment, mostly likely WereGarurumon next and Garudamon and others after. They probably won't touch Megas for a while and it's a good direction cuz they might do some development in getting Mega evolutions (I seriously hope). Plus Sora and the rest aren't forgotten and I can't imagine what's coming next anymore story-wise so things are looking a teeny tiny bit better.

Splashmon, SkullKnightmon, Calmaramon and Eldoradimon, huh? Since I didn't watch Tamers and beyond seasons, I didn't know a single one of them and they're all new to me. Ngl, Splashmon looks creepy af. I thought it's the Ultimate level of Raremon. I have some knowledge about MetalGreymon's new Railgun, which was part of Virus MetalGreymon X, or X-Antibodies in general since I've watched X-Evolution movie and played DMW4 on PS2 but didn't think they'd reference it here. At least this reboot is paying attention to lore and canon references from games. The part where MetalGreymon got obliterated and coming back was kinda hype in accordance to the insert song once in a while so hey, not bad this time, Mr. Reboot. 7/10 episode.

Oct 26, 2020 9:47 AM

Oct 2017
For a moment I really thought MetalGreymon going to turn into Wargreymon already, considering how fast the pacing of previous evolutions lolz.

Glad they add something new XD.
Oct 27, 2020 12:48 PM
Jun 2016
With all that dark miasma, I though that we will see a SkullGreymon
Oct 28, 2020 5:47 AM

Feb 2015
Sakarii said:

- Piyomon can fly?? (I thought her thing was that she couldn't?)

She actually can fly, she's just not that good at it :D
Considering that Gomamon was also floating around, it seems like flying wasn't even necessary tho.

This episode was interesting.
Splashmon is such a disgusting and disturbing looking Digimon imo - I hated its guts in Xros Wars, so I'm glad it got used again cause it actually looks like a threat. Also happy to see Calmaramon again, she was one of the better first arc villains in Frontier (I'm really curious if they'll let her talk in this reboot tho).

We didn't get Wargreymon and I'm really thankful for that - it'd be way too soon and the X-Antibody-parts are actually a nice and fresh idea! While I'm glad that Sora, Mimi, Joe & Izzy aren't forgotten, it still sucks that their story is only getting like 2% of the episodes screentime :/
We get it, Tai & Yamato will do all the important stuff... whatever :x

I still like the way this reboot is using so many different Digimon, but overall it's still lacking to say the least. Nobody gets fleshed out as a character, we only get to see Tai & Matt and their Digimon (I really miss Birdramon, Togemon, Ikkakumon & Kabuterimon :<) and the story didn't progress at all at first and now they don't even take the time to establish Leomons crew or the villains properly. The pacing is all over the place ._.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Oct 28, 2020 10:25 PM

May 2008
StormxNightmare said:
She actually can fly, she's just not that good at it :D
Considering that Gomamon was also floating around, it seems like flying wasn't even necessary tho.

I still like the way this reboot is using so many different Digimon, but overall it's still lacking to say the least. Nobody gets fleshed out as a character, we only get to see Tai & Matt and their Digimon (I really miss Birdramon, Togemon, Ikkakumon & Kabuterimon :<) and the story didn't progress at all at first and now they don't even take the time to establish Leomons crew or the villains properly. The pacing is all over the place ._.

Oooh, that's right!
I did see Gomamon floating and my brain BSOD'd. But, Palmon... Why couldn't she float too?! xD

I agree. It's cool seeing all the digimon in one world and them adding the different aspects, but ugh. It's feel like a waste.
Oct 29, 2020 2:11 AM

Jun 2013
This episode was crazy good, I was actually hyped til the end. Fight and music were both very decent and neat move with railgun from right hand, I totally expected him to just evolve. I'm starting to like this reboot, it already had really nice scenes for me like Ogremon fight conclusion and Mimi with that robot, while I watched and hated every Digimon season after masterpiece OG Adventure, seems like it will be the only one I can tolerate.
I just wish all season kids spent their time in Digital World and for there were less real world events and silly prevention of terrorism incidents by kids with Koushirou knowing all confidential info and details.
Oct 31, 2020 11:35 AM

Aug 2017
miranda20 said:
For a moment I thought metalgreymon would digivolve to wargreymon. I was glad it didnt happen so early.

Me too. The eposode's title gave the impression that we were going to see a new evolution. Glad it wasn't the case. For a moment though, I thought Metalgretmon was going to reverse its evolution and evolve into SkullGreymon.
Nov 1, 2020 2:22 AM
Sep 2014
Glad they didn't show us Skullgreymon in this reboot, it would be too repetitive with the original. It seems they might do Dark Evolution with Patamon tho, since this is what Devimon seems to be aiming for, so that makes me hopeful. Always nice to see some fallen angel plot in Digimon.
Nov 1, 2020 10:39 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah I can't be the only one who thought Wargreymon was coming, but instead we got a burst mode?!

Did not see that coming.
Dec 31, 2020 3:19 AM

Apr 2020
MetalGreymon actually got another form โ”€ and in the ultimate level!

Jan 18, 2021 7:15 AM

Jan 2021
With the pace this reboot was going, I was totally expecting Metalgreymon to evolve into Wargreymon already lol. Hell even if it wasn't Wargreymon, I would've been expecting a dark evolution already. Glad to see I was proven wrong.

One of the good things about this reboot is probably bringing back Digimons from other instalments. I haven't watched every single season so I didn't know some of these Digimons appearing. I only recognized Calamaramon because I watched bits of Frontier before.

That Swampmon looks eerily a lot like a gooey Garurumon lol.

Great to see the rest of the cast hasn't been forgotten yet.

To give credit where credit is due, this was a great episode. It got me on the edge of my seat the whole time but I can't help but notice that there has been so much happening one after another without any downtime at all. It's hard to believe everyone's got this much energy to keep going lol. I mean they haven't rested at all since the Fake Tokyo arc except the side characters. At the very least, the plot has been moving steadily since the last few episodes so that's good. I'm interested in where this is heading since we're barely halfway through the whole thing and crazy stuff has been happening without rest.
Hound-of-MALJan 18, 2021 7:22 AM
Jan 29, 2021 11:48 PM
Jul 2015
Will this get explained more? So out of nowhere he gets a rail gun cause of the poison? Really?
Jan 30, 2021 5:27 AM

Apr 2020
Stevewonder07 said:
Will this get explained more? So out of nowhere he gets a rail gun cause of the poison? Really?

It should be regarded as a re-evolution of this form. The basic reason was probably Tom's fighting spirit. The toxic factor just aroused his fighting spirit, maybe.

Feb 10, 2022 2:32 AM

Feb 2020
MetalGreymon's railgun was pretty cool. :)

The gigantic size of Eldoradimon makes it one of the coolest Digimons of all time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

20 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

24 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

26 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 55 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

34 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

23 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 3:56 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.