Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 24, 2020 8:52 PM
Sep 2008
wht the heck o-o why they need to defeat sesshumru o-o
i hope they show writers wont kill our preciosu sesshumaru, he had such great character development
Oct 24, 2020 8:58 PM
Sep 2008
WAAIIIITTTTTTT IT WAS RIN IN THE TREEE?????? WHAT THE HECK HPPENED????? o________o FOR HER TO BE SEALED INSIDE THE TREEE O-O

could it be that she died while giving birth nd sesshumaru decided to seal her in the tree since as his mother warned him becuz she lredy died 2 times theres no chance to revive her with the sword or the ammulet...

or IT HS TO DO WITH THE BUTTERLY SINCE IT IS SEEN FLYING AROUN THE TREE O-O maybe the butterfly emon did something...

damn why they turn sesshumaru into crazy in love, gonna destroy the world to bring baack his luv//// TT________________TT
Oct 24, 2020 9:29 PM

Jan 2017
Ohmena said:
Hope I am not misunderstanding facts but what's wrong with their ages?

In the end of Inuyasha Kanketsu-hen, Souta's age was like 11-12 years old and Rin ~11

Now that we get some informations, Souta actual age is approximately 26-27 years old and Setsuna & Towa are in theirs 14.

The real problem is: If both Setsuna and Towa are Sesshoumaru and Rin's child, this actually means that our little girl Rin gave birth in hers 12, right?! Or did I missed something? Really hope that Souta's age is from the second episode, that would explain a lot...

This would only make sense if Rin and Souta were living in the same era lmao Rin lived 400-some years before Souta was even born. It’s time travel shenanigans. Rin could have given birth at 40 (even tho she was probably like, 17 lmao) and it wouldn’t affect how old Souta is while he’s raising Towa.
Oct 24, 2020 10:10 PM

Apr 2015
Moroha continuing to prove why she's best girl, her quirkiness is so lovable I swear xD Funny to see someone finally appreciating Kagome's grandfather's artifacts. Setsuna bonding with Sota's wife was also heartwarming.

The Tree of Age's request was interesting, but of course the three girls refused to comply. I doubt they'd be able to defeat Sesshomaru one vs. three the way they are now anyways. But it seems Rin's fate is on the line :(

Looking at the preview, I'm really excited to see Miroku next week! I hope we'll be able to see Sango too, although probably not. They better not have him appear in the last few seconds of the episode or I'll be so mad xD

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Oct 24, 2020 10:26 PM

Feb 2008
Anyone read the last subtitled line of the episode preview? What the hell did that mean?
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Oct 24, 2020 11:39 PM
Oct 2017
Decent episode, it seems a plot just fell onto our laps, it seemed a little bit too artificial. Anyway, curious to see whats up with Rin. Also, since when the tree has a consciousness? Towa is pulling moves out of nowhere now.

Some funny moments, the Kappa claw was a nice throwback. The preview for next episode was the best part, it seems we'll see the return of some old characters and maybe have some answers. Or not...
Oct 25, 2020 3:00 AM

Sep 2019
ibraheem234 said:
hmm the story is getting better and better..hmm
agreed I wonder how many episodes we’re gettin for this first season
Oct 25, 2020 6:08 AM

Jul 2017
So now, the journey of deciphering the way to get Setsuna's sleep back from the Dream Butterfly is underway, even if negotiations with Root Head may seem arbitrous to time-travel back and forth.

But...something feels amiss of the Tree of Ages's request, to slay Kirinmaru...which is Towa's teacher Osamu Kirin (the naming convention)...? But wait...to kill Sesshomaru instead? Rin being sealed on the Tree...that raises as much questions as I have for now regarding Sesshomaru's offspring (of which my suspicions are highly towards Rin).

Of course, Setsuna and Towa outright rejects the Tree of Ages's request, which is to be expected since they have no recollection of memories. Just as is with Inuyasha and Sesshomaru, fate truly links time, then and now.

Decent episode for now, interested to see where this will go.
Oct 25, 2020 7:09 AM

Dec 2015
OMG Somebody messed up big time with the spanish sub , because "Sesshoumaru working with Kirinmaru" is not what I got from de convo with the Tree of Ages, but rather that Sesshomaru didn't want to be involved in mantaining the balance and then took his own path, which is also a wrong one according to the Tree.

Looks like I got everything upside down because of criptic subbing, great.
Oct 25, 2020 11:07 AM

Sep 2018
Perhaps he wandered a little too far and joked around in the first part of the episode, even though it turned out to be a less gruff Setsuna than he was before. The amarcord effect is still felt during the viewing of the episode, thanks to the style of drawing, but that does not prevent me from being impartial and saying that the plot in the final part of the episode was quite original, this combined with the cliffhanger, do well to hope in the future. The fight was a bit too skimpy and inserted just to give some action in a non-static narrative but not even the opposite; if we have to give an objective judgment, I would say that the best part is in the finale, the best of the whole episode is concentrated there. Drawings and animations get by this time, but they are not always the best in quality.
Oct 25, 2020 11:45 AM
Mar 2012
Did you guys hear what Moroha said.... she killed her own father??? wtf (ending after the ending) bonus credits i guess dont know how its called)
Whe
Anime&manga<3
Oct 25, 2020 12:15 PM
Mar 2018
So Sesshomaru has turned his back on Rin, why? this could be interesting, especially with the demon of the eastern lands...

carempie said:
Did you guys hear what Moroha said.... she killed her own father??? wtf (ending after the ending) bonus credits i guess dont know how its called)
Whe
actually I believe she killed someone else's father
"Moroha the demon killer, the one who killed my father!"
what?
Oct 25, 2020 2:07 PM

Apr 2018
Oh man that Sesshomaru and Rin Bait but so far I really like where the story is going. Do I see Miroku that I spot in the end?
Oct 25, 2020 3:23 PM

Jun 2019
Loving this so far.

And unlike some, I hold Kikyo in high esteem as a character and have always enjoyed all her appearances, but I'm also glad she wasn't resurrected yet again and it was just the Goshinboku borrowing her likeness, as her role in the story was so sufficiently concluded and ended on its best possible note that it would just be beating a dead miko unnecessarily at this point.

Sorry I doubted its trajectory with the second episode.

I realized something with this episode though - Inuyasha is my favorite anime series and series in general of all time, but I didn't watch it for the first time until 2016 - several years after it first aired (even the last season of The Final Act). I never watched it week to week and it would be interesting to record my observations on each individual episode week to week if I had, but I wasn't even aware of the series' existence at that time. And I didn't come to love Inuyasha for one episode or even a few or agonizing over the highs and lows of each episode, but watching large amounts of this epic story (193 episode series + four films) in two months.

Watching Hanyou no Yashahime week to week so far is a very different experience. This is the kind of series where I would absolutely love to watch three, four, five episodes today, five tomorrow, three the next day, six the day after and so on, but obviously cannot as that option doesn't exist.

I can't wait until it has finished airing to "binge" as I don't have the patience or resolve for that and I always in the back of my mind fear "What if something happens in life before then and I never get to see it, like getting sick or dying and such? It's months away. I need this story in my life!" but I think what I can do is stop futile efforts of attempting to judge it week to week. Some episodes could be stellar, some could be not as great, a portion will be epic and some with very little action but tender moments, the sad and dramatic or more zany and humorous episodes, etc. Just like the original series. And just like any series ever, you are bound to like some episodes better than others as nothing can be 100% equal.

So I will continue to watch and savor it but not worry about assessing the series at all until after it is finished (or at least after this season, if it goes on to have other seasons).

This is not an episodic series. It's heavily serialized, just like its predecessor, and I feel like can only fully be enjoyed and appreciated when taking in the scope of the massive story as a whole rather than piecemeal trying to critique every episode or aspect thereof.
WatchTillTandavaOct 25, 2020 3:32 PM
Oct 25, 2020 10:02 PM
Jul 2018
So it's not Kikyo, but the ghost of the tree. Feels like a bait to "eastereggs" tbh ^^"

But I already like these girls a lot and it's so great that the twins go "fuck no, I won't do that insane quest." lol

Wonder what happened to Rin?
Oct 26, 2020 12:27 AM
Sep 2008
What's up with the writters of this show they russhed the interaction of Moroha and Sertzuna in the present world, I mean Setsuna suddenly knows how to play violin and Moroha knows how to use a credit card?

And finally they didnt need Kikyo just let her rest in peace seriously.

PD: I like the show, but in the writting it is pretty bad.
Oct 26, 2020 1:44 AM

Apr 2015
Hmm, i don't really understand how the grandpa already know that Moroha is Kagome's daughter but he seems to not care much??? I mean he doesn't ask where is kagome? What happen to her? Also the rest of the family seems to not know?

Arghh.. i really don't understand what actually happen.

I felt like Yashahim is the kind of anime that better to just binge watch it in one go after it finished airing, rather than watching the plot moves so slowly each week.

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Oct 26, 2020 4:51 AM
Mar 2012
Koji_Kojiusame said:
So Sesshomaru has turned his back on Rin, why? this could be interesting, especially with the demon of the eastern lands...

carempie said:
Whe

W

Ohhhhwww... Wooops.. i'm sorry.. i was so shocked and didn't read the sub good enough.. sorry
Anime&manga<3
Oct 26, 2020 4:43 PM

Mar 2012
Tamakisuhoeee said:
They really baited us with Rin just to show her for 30 seconds -_- the disrespect.
One reason I didn't like this episode. So it NEVER crossed Sota's mind to show his picture album to the girls? Especially his niece Moroha?

kageromero said:
Alright time to deconstruct for a moment. Kirinmaru is working to destroy this timeline, and Sesshomaru is helping him. Rin is currently sealed within the Tree of Ages, and we can assume what Sesshomaru is doing is to save her at the cost of the world itself.

This leads me to believe why Moroha doesn't know who Kagome is. Kirinmaru and Sesshomaru have destabilized the feudal era's timeline, causing Kagome and Inuyasha, who frequently traveled between eras, to end up being lost in time, both existing, as seen by the existence of moroha, but not existing, hence why no one remembers them

The reason why the tree needs the help of our trio is because they possess the ability to travel between time, and this leads me to believe my second point more. Likely, Inuyasha and Kagome tried to stop Sesshomaru from his clearly reckless actions, causing him to remove them from the timeline. He cannot do this to our Trio as they can exist across all timelines, allowing them to fight back.

Things are finally starting to make sense :)
Interesting theory but where are Sango, Miroku and Shippo?
Oct 27, 2020 4:34 AM

Mar 2020
The plot still seems very messed up to me idk how they're gonna pull it off.

So with this they kinda confirmed that Rin is the mother, right? How old is she now, I want to know. And well why is she in the tree and what is Sesshomaru up to?

I do like the trio and Moroha is my fave so far. I loved her interactions with Kagome's family, she pretended that she knew who Kagome was lol. Though it's hella weird that the family did not ask ANYTHING about Kagome from her. They haven't seen her in ages (like 14+ years) and still they were like oh Kagome's daughter, she must be fine, say her hello in our stead. They weren't even curious if Kagome could get back there to visit too, if they were. (Also btw Kagome's mother looks the same, when 14+ years passed).

Feel like this thing will be (and already is) full of plot holes.

Miroku in the preview gives me some hope that maybe Sango and Miroku are not lost as well and they raised their kids just right and will have quite some screentime in this...please!

I guess we'll not find out where Kagome and Inuyasha are for a...while.

They finished off the Ne no kubi way too easy. Very underwhelming fights so far. (Though I'm not saying the reason I loved og Inuyasha was the fights being awesome, because...no really, they weren't.) But yeah they could've improved that but nope I guess.

So far I'm still kinda enjoying it but I'm like wtf all the way through so...let's see what will happen anyway.
Xerx62Oct 27, 2020 4:40 AM
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
Oct 27, 2020 4:21 PM

Nov 2014
Between the adult/older characters not aging, no one remembering their parents or each other but then kind of sometimes maybe they might, Setsuna's general bitchiness, and the convoluted plot we've gotten so far, this show is kind of an incredibly slow moving hot mess. I think I'm going to take a break for a few weeks and let the episodes pile up, see if that helps. I really want to love this show and I'm pretty bummed that so far I don't. ☹️
Quality Queen.
Oct 28, 2020 2:20 AM

May 2017
The story is really getting interesting now. I wonder what happened to Kagome since Moroha doesn't know her very well as she said.
Oct 28, 2020 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
Takao_Bl00driver said:
hahaha,
there is a bike inside moroha's bag, that's absurd.

Must be the bag from the Pokemon games. xD
Oct 29, 2020 3:39 PM
Mar 2017
This has reignited my passion for anime. I am rewatching my childhood inuyasha series I used to watch on YTV at 9 or 930 pm on Thursdays after DBZ at 830pm. It always had this 'air' of mystery because it was on during my bedtime. Whenever the rules were lax or I had a babysitter we would stay up to watch it, and those are some of my favorite memories.
Oct 29, 2020 3:40 PM
Mar 2017
Kirara is the oldest character in inuyasha.
Oct 29, 2020 3:45 PM
Mar 2017
Koji_Kojiusame said:

carempie said:
Whe
it could have something to do with his conflicting feelings of having sought power his entire life as a 'pure blood' and then slowly but surely becoming *domesticated* like a resident demon housedog when he settled down an had kids with Rin.

I expect that he may be having a midlife crisis with the opportunity emergence of the great x demon that challenged his father and lost, but that also is still alive. It could be for sesshomaru, thinking through this from his perspective, the last chance he has to prove his strength against his father's, being his father is ofc deceased and most if not all the powerful enemies of Toga are dead. If you still can't understand, Vegeta going Majin had a similar midlife crisis and he also had a similar quest for ultimate power for much of his adolescent and young life from birth. It took a woman to change him...but change isn't always permanent and what once is and what was has a way of getting back up to he surface if left unattended..
Oct 30, 2020 5:52 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
Okay, I'm still loving this. It's great. I might be biased but I don't care. That being said...some thoughts:

1. That better be the last time we see Kikyo. She's dead, let's leave her that way. I know it was the spirit of the tree, but I'd still rather see it in a different form. Let's just say it's fitting that the tree of ages chose Kikyo to make such an unreasonable demand and leave it there.

2. I'm still really sad that Inuyasha didn't raise Moroha, they REALLY robbed us of Inuyasha being the cute over-protective father moments. He would have been a great dad and I'm gutted we probably won't see it.

3. I love the dynamic between the three girls, I think they have great chemistry. Moroha is the best one though obviously.

4. Sota is a total daddy. Literally. I like how understanding he was that Towa had to leave.

5. Did anyone else think of Hachikuji from Monogatari when Moroha brought out that rucksack - I feel like that might have almost been a reference if it wasn't so odd. Like it's basically the same one - who else has a rucksack that big?

6. That light from the tree looked like the Bifrost bridge. Lol.

7. The ED is lit.

Looking forward to seeing what happens next! :)

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Oct 31, 2020 9:28 AM

Jul 2008
Hold on Moroha doesn't know who Kagome is?

JUST WTF HAPPENED TO EVERYONE?!
Nov 1, 2020 1:30 AM
Jun 2020
WHY DOES NO ONE KNOW WHO THEIR GODDAMN PARENTS ARE 🥺

i didn't watch inuyasha all these years just to see literally all my faves become deadbeat parents lksjflsfsl pls i hope this is explained =____=
Nov 1, 2020 7:18 AM

Aug 2011
RAWRfizzz said:
Between the adult/older characters not aging, no one remembering their parents or each other but then kind of sometimes maybe they might, Setsuna's general bitchiness, and the convoluted plot we've gotten so far, this show is kind of an incredibly slow moving hot mess. I think I'm going to take a break for a few weeks and let the episodes pile up, see if that helps. I really want to love this show and I'm pretty bummed that so far I don't. ☹️

Ditto!

Unfortunately, to me, the only interest I currently have is the Kirinmaru vs Sesshoumaru thingy.

Setsuna, in looks, reminds me too much of Sango (which is weird). There is no clear reasoning for missing characters; what about Hisui's sisters? Not feeling the whole Rin/Sesshy thing, Moraha's memory seems no better than Setsuna's (hello people, the modern era had photos), neither grandpa, Souta nor Kagome's mother inquired after their daughter who went to the past, never to return? It was almost saying her name was taboo.

More gripes, but I've said enough.
Nov 2, 2020 10:39 AM

Nov 2014
Tsuyu_no_Inochi said:
RAWRfizzz said:

Ditto!

Unfortunately, to me, the only interest I currently have is the Kirinmaru vs Sesshoumaru thingy.

Setsuna, in looks, reminds me too much of Sango (which is weird). There is no clear reasoning for missing characters; what about Hisui's sisters? Not feeling the whole Rin/Sesshy thing, Moraha's memory seems no better than Setsuna's (hello people, the modern era had photos), neither grandpa, Souta nor Kagome's mother inquired after their daughter who went to the past, never to return? It was almost saying her name was taboo.

More gripes, but I've said enough.

Yeah at this point the stupid mystery about the parents has gotten to the point that its taken over the show with how convoluted it is. I moved this show to my hold list and plan to wait until the end and try again.

Setsuna's outfit and hair are basically Sango's.
Quality Queen.
Nov 19, 2020 7:52 AM

Jun 2017
Oh I'm so hyped about this! And there's no way that that woman isn't the grown-up Rin. There are so many questions about this anime. I love how intriguing it is; leaving you to wonder where are those main characters now.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Nov 28, 2020 3:30 PM

Jan 2009
Watching it dubbed, I'm going to be sad when Miroku makes a return and is not voiced by Kirby Morrow, anymore.
Apr 8, 2021 4:11 PM

May 2016
A lot of plot holes but nice to see the old members.
Jun 23, 2021 10:48 PM

Mar 2014
The irony is not lost on me that the Tree of Ages is using the often-morally-gray Kikyo as her form to speak with

Why is Rin in the tree?! Why is the Dream Butterfly there?! Does that mean she stole Setsuna's memories/dreams?! It's like she's asking Sesshomaru's kids to kill him while secretly holding their mother(?) hostage... things sure have gotten tangled in that 10 year timeskip

SparkleDuck said:
The professor's name is Osamu Kirin. Hmmmm, I wonder who Kirinmaru is?

Oh man, this is crazy. Looks like they're really gonna expand on the time-travel mechanic for this new villain and have him already be in the modern day
May 17, 2022 12:14 PM

Nov 2010
I must say I'm glad they are using the Inuyasha OST, or is it? It sounds the same to me.

I'm curious why Moroha separated from her parents to the point of not even knowing much about her mom. I need more backstory!

It's so nice to see Kikyo, even though it's just her form.

So, Rin is the mother after all. How did she grow up so fast? during the prologue back in ep. 1 she looked like she was pre-teen.
Jul 16, 2022 9:32 AM

Jul 2012
Towa's sword reminds me of Kuwabara’s Reiken lol..
Cz I just finished Yuu Yuu Hakusho, so I still remember this kind of similarity..

Jul 25, 2022 4:54 PM

Apr 2012
Oh no, what happened to Rin?
Jan 9, 2023 3:39 AM

Jan 2018
I'm glad that Kikyo is just an avatar used by the Tree of Ages. Weird fanservice but ok. As a Kikyo fan, let the woman rest, please. No need to drag her back again.

I like that Moroha appreciates her great-grandfather's gifts unlike Kagome lol. I suspect that Moroha came to the modern world before or at least is familiar with it somewhat. Otherwise, why does she act like that?

So many questions, so little answers.
Mar 17, 2023 4:57 AM

Apr 2013
So it seems like Rin is somehow trapped in the tree of ages and Sesshomaru tries to save her. The flashback what happened will be quite interesting. Moroha is definitely my favorite so far, Towa is a bit boring and Setsuha a bit annoying.
Feb 28, 4:25 AM

Jun 2020
One of the primary elements of Inuyasha was that the lore and narrative were slowly revealed along the way. Past events are shown, the knowledge gaps are filled and everything makes more sense.

Yashahime is taking this same approach to the writing and it's good to see.

However, Kikyo just had to come back in some way, shape or form, didn't she? Well, it wasn't really her so it's all good ig lmao
Apr 7, 11:27 PM

Nov 2015
Xerx62 said:
Though it's hella weird that the family did not ask ANYTHING about Kagome from her. They haven't seen her in ages (like 14+ years) and still they were like oh Kagome's daughter, she must be fine, say her hello in our stead

this! the show is hella bad because they never ask to Moroha to find kag, and Sesshoumaru... that bastard never tells to Moroha what he did to her parents 😮

💢

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2020

90 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 10, 2020

108 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 27, 2021

39 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 28, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2021

90 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 13, 2021

87 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 12:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.