Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2020 3:41 PM

Feb 2014
Broken phone tho, RIP.
Oct 23, 2020 3:41 PM
Oct 23, 2020 3:50 PM

Oct 2017
Honestly speaking, the pacing and atmosphere of this anime is done quite well (a little too fast paced tbh), but having mc accessing to free deus ex machina whenever he calls for it is a bit much, especially at this early on into the serie. All the "struggling" feels artificial afterward. (Especially the missing body able to heal when he pleases too)

So mc is able to freely control the curse king that's so strong with 1/10 of his power is able to annihilate another special grade curse, but then mc is no match to the lowly curse monster even though he is able to control something this strong?

Also this mission makes 0 sense. If they already knew there's a special grade curse in it, what's the point of sending a bunch of students in? What are they trying to achieve? They end up escaping immediately anyway. They enter the domain just to check "hey, I'm just here to confirm if there's really a special grade curse monster in it, so let's send in 3 juvillene who has 0 chance of winning?"
Is the association really this dumb? They already knew there's a special grade monster in it isn't it?
Oct 23, 2020 3:57 PM
Dec 2019
why is she like that? i didn't see anything that dangerous? it looks like her head was eaten, but didn't Fushiguro save her at that moment? did i miss something?

Oct 23, 2020 4:03 PM

Jan 2015
Great episode but damn I was disappointed to how fast the special grade was killed. I was expecting at least a 2-episode mini arc. It felt too easy like that
Oct 23, 2020 4:13 PM

Dec 2012
Really enjoyable episode, went by way too quickly again. At least there's Lost in Paradise went it ends. :)

Xenocrisi said:
Great episode but damn I was disappointed to how fast the special grade was killed. I was expecting at least a 2-episode mini arc. It felt too easy like that

It asserts how powerful Sukuna is compared to the rest. Even with a fraction of his power Sukuna demolishes the special-grade that was too strong for the team.
Oct 23, 2020 4:28 PM

Oct 2020
I guess Sukuna is my new favorite character? Amazing episode!
Oct 23, 2020 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
This episode is really tense, even though I've read the manga. In the preview of the third episode it is explained that there is 1 person who died, who is that? (I already know) lol
Oct 23, 2020 4:44 PM

Mar 2010
I always hesitate to watch a episode but I'm always left so fucking satisfied I get depressed when it ends ROFL

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 23, 2020 4:59 PM

Jun 2020
That was some good gore scene, and the animation was very good although that Sukuna fight was a bit short but it was totally worth it.

This is gonna be a some good shit happening on the next episode, I can't wait for Sukuna vs Fushigaru that will be amazing.
Oct 23, 2020 5:03 PM
Oct 2014
ttcchen said:
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
in this episode, she was just a damsel in distress. Even when she was introduced, she was saved by Yuji during the hostage incident. So first it’s Yuji and now Fushigoro. Strong female character my ass. Every time, she gets bailed out by the guys. I honestly wish it was the other way around
you only see it that way because you're biased, so you twisted everything you see. Yuji saved the kid, but your twisted view had you seeing it as him saving Nobara. Both Yuji and Nobara are fighting special grades, which are just not something first-years should be fighting. Both of them lost and have to be saved, but you only saw Nobara needing to be saved and blatantly ignored Yuji's situation, because your hypocrisy blinded and twisted your judgement.
I think you’re turning your eyes away from the truth. In what way has Nobara been shown to be a “unique, strong female shounen character” Face it, she’s an afterthought. Not to mention the way she always acts like a know it all belittling Yuji for being a newbie but when it comes to combat, she’s incompetent. All bark no bite. Keep you compliment for when we actually see her do something noteworthy
Oct 23, 2020 5:17 PM

Aug 2018
Today's episode was out of nowhere. I really liked the violence and the brutality that we don't get to see much in shounen ngl.
I think i dig Sukuna as a character. He's a chill dude. I want to see Gojo in action though. I hope i got to see more of him in the future. I like him.
I am still hoping for more development for the two sidecharacters. The MC's mental breakdown was also interesting to watch.Things turned dark rather quickly, too bad the fight with Sukuna was too one-sided that it ended in like a minute.
Oct 23, 2020 5:32 PM

Mar 2020
Holy think King of Curses is sick. He is so powerful and when he fought the other curse that fight was crazy with great animation and a cool soundtrack.

It seems that the King of Curses is in control of Yuuji's body right now and Yuuji cannot take it back so I'm excited for more screen time for the King of Curses.

Great episode :)
Oct 23, 2020 5:32 PM

Jun 2020
This is some of the darkness and brutality of anime that I miss from the old days. Sukuna is a absolute badass, and it's going to be tough for Itadori to regain control. Next week episode looks like it's going to be just as good. How many fingers is that now? Two?
Oct 23, 2020 5:39 PM

Aug 2020
Awesome new episode!

We got to see Sukuna go full-demon and Itadori get bodied. Kugisaki shouldnt've gotten clapped that fast. NEXT EPISODE BOUTA BE FUSHIGURO VS SUKUNA!!!
Oct 23, 2020 5:48 PM

May 2015
Chihaya, whoops I mean Nobara was awesome this episode
Oct 23, 2020 6:07 PM

Nov 2017
Same, I hate frog. Madge

Oct 23, 2020 6:11 PM
Dec 2012
taxw said:
Shingster said:
Hmm so a window is like radar of sorts that works by sensing curses. .

they didn't explain it, but a window is someone who can see curses, but is typically unable to use cursed energy. basically just a scout

Not to undermine you but they did explain it at the start of the episode.
Oct 23, 2020 6:22 PM

Dec 2015
Having a really powerful MC at the begining isn't inherentely bad. A good example of this working would be Eren in Shingeki no Kyojin, where the tension and stakes were never lost even with Eren having the ability to be a titan. If we analyze why this work, the best reasons would be the existence of rules and consequences to this power and the fact the power isn't enough to destroy the enemies by itself. Eren can't fully control his actions initially (and a bunch of new rules would be added after he understand his powers), and he was defeated by a group of irrational titans, not to mention he would later face enemies objectively stronger than him, which forces him to use strategies to beat them.

In Jujutsu Kaisen, we do have some kind of rules/consequences to this power, but it's not fully explained how exactly it works so far (the final scene tease they will develop that more in the next episode). But the power is ridiculously stronger than most enemies, which makes the tension be considerably lower than what it should be. Having a 5 minute dedicated to show how stronger this power is compared to what the viewer was supposed to be scared also doesn't help.

Speaking of tension and stakes, the story would be much better if that was the focus from the start. Imagine a situation like the first half of this episode, but on the 1st episode (instead of the MC manage to fight equally that monster on ep.1 without power, and after became overpowered, make him extremely helpless against the monster, and his only alternative would run from it and save his friends. That would immediately make the viewer fear that monster if it was ever shown again). Sure, this is just a example and nothing mandatory, but I can't say enough how I believe action shows would be much better if they focus on creating actual tension, instead of just casual shounen fights.

Also yeah, the idea of bringing 3 students to fight a special monster is completely stupid.
BetterTasteOct 23, 2020 6:29 PM
Oct 23, 2020 6:22 PM

Mar 2019
Ventus_S said:
Honestly speaking, the pacing and atmosphere of this anime is done quite well (a little too fast paced tbh), but having mc accessing to free deus ex machina whenever he calls for it is a bit much, especially at this early on into the serie. All the "struggling" feels artificial afterward. (Especially the missing body able to heal when he pleases too)

So mc is able to freely control the curse king that's so strong with 1/10 of his power is able to annihilate another special grade curse, but then mc is no match to the lowly curse monster even though he is able to control something this strong?

Also this mission makes 0 sense. If they already knew there's a special grade curse in it, what's the point of sending a bunch of students in? What are they trying to achieve? They end up escaping immediately anyway. They enter the domain just to check "hey, I'm just here to confirm if there's really a special grade curse monster in it, so let's send in 3 juvillene who has 0 chance of winning?"
Is the association really this dumb? They already knew there's a special grade monster in it isn't it?

Hey just wanted to say it is a good thing you noticed how weird it was for those 3 to be sent on that stupid mission. This is actually important and you should have been thinking along those lines exactly. Also, Yuuji being able to contain Sukuna is different from really controlling him. You will quickly learn that Sukuna is never a good thing to unleash and that he needs to learn to not rely on him. I hope you stick with the show and can enjoy it (:
Oct 23, 2020 6:30 PM

Nov 2014
Xenocrisi said:

well he was up against the King of Curses so it was to be expected

q1w2e3r4t5 said:
ttcchen said:
you only see it that way because you're biased, so you twisted everything you see. Yuji saved the kid, but your twisted view had you seeing it as him saving Nobara. Both Yuji and Nobara are fighting special grades, which are just not something first-years should be fighting. Both of them lost and have to be saved, but you only saw Nobara needing to be saved and blatantly ignored Yuji's situation, because your hypocrisy blinded and twisted your judgement.
I think you’re turning your eyes away from the truth. In what way has Nobara been shown to be a “unique, strong female shounen character” Face it, she’s an afterthought. Not to mention the way she always acts like a know it all belittling Yuji for being a newbie but when it comes to combat, she’s incompetent. All bark no bite. Keep you compliment for when we actually see her do something noteworthy

"always" only one episode. "all bark no bite" like i said clearly ur blinded by your bias. either that or ur just a troll hating on her for no reason. don't bother replying. i dont plan on wasting any more time on you.

chitanda-0- said:
why is she like that? i didn't see anything that dangerous? it looks like her head was eaten, but didn't Fushiguro save her at that moment? did i miss something?

must have hurt her head while fighting the curses.

Ventus_S said:

it's not free nor is it deus ex machina. sukuna isn't a tool or a powerup Yuji can just use whenever he wants. he also doesn't have access to sukuna's powers or abilities. all he's doing is sharing a body with the ultimate villain of this series. their relationship isn't like naruto and kurama or Ushio and Tora. to put it into perspective, it's like naruto and madara sharing a body. also, Sukuna has no intentions of healing yuji. he only did so accidentally while fighting the curse (cause by using his power it automatically heals him, it'll be explained later). letting sukuna out means putting others in danger, since he isn't an animal like Kurama that you can tame. He's a thousand year old demon who was once a human, so he's more experienced and knowledgeable, and won't hesitate to kill to achieve his goal

Ventus_S said:

not freely control. yuji can only keep it from taking control of him. he can't control sukuna like naruto can kurama. they're not the same. they're two people sharing a body. think of it as... split personality. it's not something that can be controlled. the manga hasn't gotten to it yet but we're pretty sure yuji has some backstory that made him unique and able to keep sukuna from controlling him

Ventus_S said:

did u miss the explanations in the beginning? 1. no one knew there's a special grade curse in it. they knew there's a curse womb that could become a special grade curse, but not yet. 2. the trio were sent to rescue the 5 prisoners if they're alive. that's all. they're not there to fight or confirm anything or do anything else. 3. even so, it doesn't make sense for them to send 3 first years. they could have sent others. this will be explained in the next episode. there's a reason for them to do this, which should be pretty obvious if u think about it.

thiago52192 said:
In Jujutsu Kaisen, we do have some kind of rules/consequences to this power, but it's not fully explained how exactly it works so far (the final scene tease they will develop that more in the next episode). But the power is ridiculously stronger than most enemies, which makes the tension be considerably lower than what it should be. Having a 5 minute dedicated to show how stronger this power is compared to what the viewer was supposed to be scared also doesn't help.

Also yeah, the idea of bringing 3 students to fight a special monster is completely stupid.

there's a reason for bringing 3 students to fight a special monster which will be explained in the next eps

i think ur main criticism with this anime is due to your misinterpretation of Sukuna as simply a power instead of an actual villain/antagonist. "But the power is ridiculously stronger than most enemies, which makes the tension be considerably lower than what it should be." Sukuna isn't a powerup or a plot device or a deus ex machina for Yuji to tame and learn to take control of. He's his own person and frankly speaking after his performance in this episode you should've known that he's pure evil and is the main antagonist of this series, so he'll never be tamed or persuaded to join the good side and help Yuji, cause he IS the bad side. he is the big bad boss of this anime. all the villains see him as their boss.

so what you're worried about (him becoming simply a power and lowering the tension) will NEVER happen. Plus, what had happened recently in the manga pretty much established the fact that Sukuna is unredeemable and there's absolutely 0% chance he'll become good, EVER.

that 5 minute you mentioned is to show us how much damage sukuna can do if he's allowed control of Yuji's body (more will be shown next episode). it's not to show us that "oh sukuna is this strong so once yuji controls him he can gain this power and become this strong too!" it's to show us the power difference between Yuji and him, the final boss.
ttcchenOct 23, 2020 6:46 PM
Oct 23, 2020 6:38 PM

Feb 2012
Thought the episode was good, but I don't understand why they're sending rookies to do missions already - especially Itadori who has learnt nothing yet lol.

Oct 23, 2020 6:39 PM
Apr 2014
ah kinda expecting the Malevolent Shrine scene to last longer

cant complain, still a near perfect adaptation so far!
Oct 23, 2020 6:56 PM
Jul 2009
Yeah, I love how people think Sukuna is just a power or that he's the typical villain living inside MC's body, when he isn't. Sukuna is an antagonist, plain and straight. Yuji having Sukuna inside him is not a good thing in any way, as the manga proves throughout, especially in the newest arc. He doesn't get better through friendship bullshit, at all. You'll see first hand how evil Sukuna is in the Junpei arc and mind you, he doesn't even have to take control of Yuji's body to show how evil he is. And please, Gojo is just as OP as Sukuna is, just wait for it. Man, I can't wait until Mahito and Jogo appears and see anime-only viewers reaction
Koshi_InabaOct 23, 2020 7:08 PM
Oct 23, 2020 7:08 PM

Jan 2018
Man i really like Sukuna, hes such a fun character.
Also i remember Gojou-sensei saying that he could beat Sukuna so i wonder how strong does he gotta be if Sukuna beat the shit out of that special grade curse with ease.
Oct 23, 2020 7:23 PM

Jun 2020
I cannot believe Itadori is weak, I thought he'd be OP as fuck.

I love Gojou and Sukuna.
Oct 23, 2020 7:24 PM
Feb 2018
is nobara going to die soon? manga readers please spoil me
Oct 23, 2020 7:28 PM

Jan 2020
There is a really, really high chance this anime takes over the best of this year, like holy hell with every episode you want more and grow more and more impatient, i'm loving the newly shounen hit. I didn't read the manga, nor i plan to if they make a second season, but this anime now has a special place in my heart. I was literally debating what episode to watch first, but sadly the hype made me go for the best when it's a must to save the best for last.
Oct 23, 2020 7:41 PM

Mar 2016
mc boy is really missing a screw. i wonder how many time we gonna see gramp's dying words over the next 20 eps...

sukuna is very hot. i enjoyed this episode.

Oct 23, 2020 7:41 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, loving this.

That special grade curse totally demolished our newbie sorcerers. If Itadori didn't have Sukuna, he would've been mince meat.

They really are driving home how strong Sukuna is, literally toying with that special grade curse and territory expansion was really cool. The shot from the manga on the first page was even cooler though, I assume the anime isn't gonna be nearly anywhere as graphic as the manga is.

That evil smirk by Sukuna at the end, I wonder if Itadori loses a little bit of control every time he lets Sukuna take over.
Oct 23, 2020 8:04 PM
May 2017
There is only one important question: Will the white dog returns? I hope so!
Oct 23, 2020 8:22 PM

Jan 2011
solid episode i enjoy when usually "strong"characters get thrown into the fray unrealizing how unmatched they are it allows for growth from arrogance but at the moment his hand got cut off i was like oh right hes got that busted ass Sukuna living in him and once he kicked in it removed most of the tension the episode built up but he is the top dog so its expected though the end did leave on a big note of Itadori losing the will to fight so he lost control so now the even bigger threat is free to do as he pleases.

pretty much don't want Sukuna to be the Saitama for all his fights but i feel like that won't be the case the whole time there's gotta be some kind of con to letting go wild outside of him simply taking over which would be the worse case lol.
Oct 23, 2020 8:30 PM

May 2020
Holy shit im loving this anime, hope it stays amazing and doesnt fall on quality

Oct 23, 2020 8:40 PM
Oct 2020
Damnnn, this episode was fire🔥🔥🔥 I got a complete boner at sukuna's badassery
Oct 23, 2020 8:56 PM
May 2020
Este capítulo estuvo espectacular ya no solo por la animación, sino que la dirección y la banda sonora hacen de este capitulo un plus, podía sentir la tensión y la energía.
Solo espero que esto siga así, porque va para anime del año.
Oct 23, 2020 9:01 PM

Apr 2019
finally get to see some more from Sukuna, and acquiring another finger? nice... yuuji still seems basic, so does the girl (ide remember her name) most redeemable characters are gojou and sukuna.

Oct 23, 2020 10:08 PM

Jan 2013
That special grade is really on another level, but when compared to Sakuna he's the weakest curse ever xD

But that ending scene got me worried, why didn't Yuuji returned back? Did he lose control? Judging from the preview, yes, and it will be hard to stop him.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 23, 2020 10:43 PM

May 2019
Best episode so far. I loved that ending; I hope Sukuna stays as a 'powerup with dire consequences', and, more or less, retains his identity as an individual character and not just Itadori's double.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 23, 2020 11:00 PM

Oct 2019
Is this shonen or seinen? Not that I have a problem with it, this is great.
Kugisaki is waifu material
Domain Expansion was crazy, that’s what real Jujutsu is? Epic.
It seems like Sukuna is gaining the upper hand over Yuji... can’t wait for next episode.
Oct 23, 2020 11:14 PM

Jan 2020
Oh boy we are getting sucked into something big. Overall great episode, looking forward to next one ^_^ I feel like it's gonna be awesome.
Oct 23, 2020 11:18 PM

Oct 2020
AcbSnakeDemon said:
Is this shonen or seinen? Not that I have a problem with it, this is great.
Kugisaki is waifu material
Domain Expansion was crazy, that’s what real Jujutsu is? Epic

It publishes in Weekly Shounen Jump, it's Shounen but comparatively darker than others.

Might sound nitpicking by a manga reader but Domain Expansion was much better in the manga, it's still great here but compared to the same in manga, it feels watered down

Oct 23, 2020 11:21 PM

Oct 2019

That’s an awesome panel, damn. Manga is probably way better lol
Oct 23, 2020 11:29 PM

Dec 2013
Itadori desperately needs a training arc!

Sukana really can be a scary guy. That smile at the end was terrifying!
Oct 23, 2020 11:36 PM

Feb 2020
I like how Sukuna first Ask Itadari to Stich back before going nuts!!

The Ed is more interesting than the OP!!
Oct 23, 2020 11:47 PM

Jan 2018
An okay episode this time for me. 3/5
Oct 24, 2020 12:08 AM
Jul 2020
RayReynolds said:
this is just kind of boring me, despite it was ostensibly one long action scene, but it's not being particularly impressive on the directorial/choreography aspect

There's no story for the monster of the week, not even to the level of Garo or Dororo. (even this cheap plot is too much effort for the writers) It literally begins with them being told "Hey, here's a random encounter. Go, uh, fight it." And then they kind of fight it, I guess. That's the whole story and all the dramatic elements of the entire episode.

Even then, it blows its stakes pretty early by ripping an arm off. Since we know that's not going to actual be serious, everything after that isn't much higher than torture porn. And then he re-taps into The Darkness Within, in the same way that we already saw before, but I guess this monster is somewhat different? It just feels like I've already seen this episode, not just in a countless other Jump shows, but from this very show itself, only a couple weeks ago.

Dude...this was literally such a crucial episode for Itadori and Megumi. Even sukuna. If u just saw it as "a random encounter" where they go fight whatever...then that's on you. And what do u mean torture porn, Itadori is gonna get messed up. Do u want him to go out with no pain or something. Get a random ass pull of a transformation lmao
Oct 24, 2020 12:27 AM

Dec 2014
another finger acquired...nice..hmm
Oct 24, 2020 12:38 AM

Jul 2020
That last Sukuna smile was a perfect ending for the episode. Impress me MAPPA.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2020 1:22 AM
Oct 2020
this episode was fire, shit went wrong really fast and Sukuna is OP as expected, felt bad for Itadori's struggle but he has to grown and see that he is not that strong without Sukuna, very hyped for the next episóde for sure
Oct 24, 2020 1:32 AM

Apr 2013
Ventus_S said:

They explained that at the begining of the chapter tho...
Their mission was never to fight, it was to rescue possible survivors, also they didn't know there was a special grade curse, they said it was a posibility and if that was the case, they were told to scape....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Yesterday, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 22, 2021

228 by mikejimamadara »»
Apr 13, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.