Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 22, 2020 5:49 PM

Jun 2008
Thank God this is almost over....

So, what type of disaster are we in store for today?!

I expect more shouting (despite muted mics) and more insanely retarded answers by the Cheetoh in Chief.

We'll see tho.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 22, 2020 5:54 PM

Oct 2020
Last one was fun. I'm sure this'll be no different. I'll watch it tomorrow though; too tired atm.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2020 5:58 PM

Jun 2008
SargonTheGreat said:
Also if Biden wins buy Goldman Sachs stock

I don't always take financial advice from the internet, sooo...

But I like the fact you're finally accepting the inevitable.

IF Biden somehow loses....Polls should never be used ever again....because unless something happens between NOW and Nov. 2 Biden should absolutely win by a significant amount.

300+ Electoral Votes

A significant Popular Vote margin

And Overall NOT a "close" election at all.
Oct 22, 2020 6:03 PM

Jun 2008
SargonTheGreat said:
Nah I still think trumps gonna win but I could care less since I already know what stocks to buy depending on who wins

Ok, cool.

Just don't change your mind on Election night.

You know I remember this stuff...not just from you, but other people on here.
Oct 22, 2020 6:15 PM

Dec 2012
--ALEX-- said:
SargonTheGreat said:
Nah I still think trumps gonna win but I could care less since I already know what stocks to buy depending on who wins

Ok, cool.

Do you keep a list, Alex? A - dare I ask - Schindler's List?

In any case, debate is already boring as balls. When you fundamentally see through the smoke & mirrors, all of it comes off as fake & gay.
Oct 22, 2020 6:16 PM

Jun 2008
Bayek said:
--ALEX-- said:

Ok, cool.

In any case, debate is already boring as balls. When you fundamentally see through the smoke & mirrors, all of it comes off as fake & gay.

Bayek, you know very well I'm a fan of yours.

Are you gonna join the winning team? Or not?
Oct 22, 2020 6:30 PM

Dec 2012
--ALEX-- said:
Bayek said:

Bayek, you know very well I'm a fan of yours.

Are you gonna join the winning team? Or not?
And which team would that be? The one that doesn't play light-switch brain ping pong to make you think there's an actual choice?
Oct 22, 2020 6:43 PM

Jun 2008
Trump Flailing right now while talking about China.

Dude looks very lost....he is a senior citizen after all.
Oct 22, 2020 7:16 PM

Jul 2016
It's not as enjoyably stupid as the last one, quite disappointing
Oct 22, 2020 7:33 PM

Mar 2011
I liked it, moments of tameness and the surreal of Trump sprinkled in. Nod to the moderator for asking the families living near de-regulated industry and the stats of high rates of sickness.
She tried to moderate but couldn't contain the President lol
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Oct 22, 2020 7:38 PM

Feb 2010
this thread is pointless no one has ever convinced anyone in an internet debate.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 22, 2020 7:41 PM

May 2018
Better from Trump this time around. Now I can see Trump has better chance of winning the election.
Oct 22, 2020 7:42 PM
Oct 2018
They cranked up his dose, I like it.
--
Oct 22, 2020 7:47 PM

Jun 2008
Welp, to the 5 people left in the country that haven't made up their minds...

Hopefully you did after this debate.

Election day is November 3rd.

Early voting is in FULL swing around the country...we are seeing RECORD numbers everywhere.

If you are sick and tired of a Racist, liar, criminal, and utterly reprehensible (for lack of a better word) human....VOTE HIM OUT!

We can not take 4 more years of this bullshit.

Just vote, that is all.
Oct 22, 2020 7:53 PM

May 2014
A better debate overall. Trump did great this time around and was actually addressing the positive achievements of his administration while still being entertaining and accurately calling out Biden's BS. Biden himself also did a better job, and he's definitely trying hard to pull the "I'm a better moral person" card. Though that's honestly all he really has since his policy talk is pretty vauge and full of lies, which in fact makes him the worse of the two morally...in my humble opinion of course :)

This debate still won't change anything though, but it's always interesting to hear what our leaders have to say.
Oct 22, 2020 8:04 PM

Mar 2008
So many unanswered questions again .

SargonTheGreat said:
--ALEX-- said:

I don't always take financial advice from the internet, sooo...

But I like the fact you're finally accepting the inevitable.

IF Biden somehow loses....Polls should never be used ever again....because unless something happens between NOW and Nov. 2 Biden should absolutely win by a significant amount.

300+ Electoral Votes

A significant Popular Vote margin

And Overall NOT a "close" election at all.

Funny you say that but you clearly don't have enough faith he will win to buy stocks now instead of after results.
Oct 22, 2020 8:13 PM

Mar 2019
Trump did great tonight. This is what I was hoping he would do in the first debate. He hit Biden on the recent news that he has been colluding with the Chinese, and that he received millions of dollars from Russia. We've got emails from both Hunter Biden and Joe Biden's business partners claiming that Biden was the big man in charge of these dealings in which the Biden family laundered money for Russian mobsters.

Meanwhile, Biden was absolutely full of lies today. That's the only tactic he could resort to was just stand up there and lie the whole time.

@kyotosomo

Buddy this debate was not close at all. Biden was absolutely anihiliated tonight.

I agree that that first debate performance was an embarrassment. I was on Trump's side and even I felt bad for Biden. I didn't even want to post here on MAL afterward because I knew he fucked up and had no way to defend it.

But honestly, this debate might have been just as embarrassing for Biden as the first debate was for Trump. I'm glad that Trump managed to reign in his behavior and knock Biden out cold with well directed points instead of trying to interrupt him the whole time.
Ryuk9428Oct 22, 2020 8:18 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2020 8:23 PM

Mar 2011
traed said:
So many unanswered questions again .
Is it bad when the questions are better than the answers given? haha
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Oct 22, 2020 8:48 PM

May 2016
--ALEX-- said:
Trump Flailing right now while talking about China.

Dude looks very lost....he is a senior citizen after all.

Biden is older than trump. What you talking about? Hell even sanders was older
Oct 22, 2020 9:13 PM

Jan 2009
did not watch this time waiting for polls of who won
Oct 22, 2020 9:20 PM

Dec 2012
--ALEX-- said:

Early voting is in FULL swing around the country...we are seeing RECORD numbers everywhere.

If you are sick and tired of a Racist, liar, criminal, and utterly reprehensible (for lack of a better word) human....VOTE HIM OUT!

Just vote, that is all.
I'm still trying to decide which member of μ's I'm going to write in on my ballot. This debate didn't help at all.
Oct 22, 2020 9:31 PM

Mar 2008
@Bayek
Unless you live in Oregon, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Rhode Island, New Hampshire or Vermont you can't just write anything in it just gets thrown out as if you didn't vote at all. There is no record kept of what you voted for. In all other states that allow write in's you can only write in people actually officially registered to be written in.
traedOct 22, 2020 9:35 PM
Oct 22, 2020 9:45 PM

Jan 2009
Trump on Covid-19: “I take full responsibility. It’s not my fault.”

“I take full responsibility,” Trump said. He immediately continued: “It’s not my fault it came here. It’s China’s fault.”

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2020/10/22/21529666/debate-trump-biden-coronavirus-responsibility-fault

lol thats the fastest flip flop from Trump ever if im right
Oct 22, 2020 10:06 PM

Dec 2012
traed said:
@Bayek
Unless you live in Oregon, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Rhode Island, New Hampshire or Vermont you can't just write anything in it just gets thrown out as if you didn't vote at all. There is no record kept of what you voted for. In all other states that allow write in's you can only write in people actually officially registered to be written in.
Well that sucks. How else is best girl supposed to become the first wamen president?

Oct 22, 2020 10:13 PM

Jun 2008
Bayek said:
--ALEX-- said:

Just vote, that is all.
I'm still trying to decide which member of μ's I'm going to write in on my ballot. This debate didn't help at all.

That's fine.

You know I'm a huge Nico fan...so maybe Nico?

Just so we're clear...you have decided to stay neutral....can't say I blame you, I don't like Biden either, my guy was Bernie.

There are now only 11 Days left...I won't bother talking about National Poll numbers and the HUGE lead Biden has in the Popular Vote category since the Popular vote means nothing....something I HOPE one day changes.

But I will talk about the most important states...and you already know which they are.

Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

Pennsylvania? Biden is up by an Average of 6 points...above the Margin of Error percentage.

Wisconsin? Biden is up by an Average of 7 points....above the Margin of Error percentage.

Michigan? Biden is up by an Average of 7.8 points....well above the Margin of Error percentage.

And remember these are averages of polls....in other words...an aggregate of multiple polls, even polls done by Fox News!

Now...I know, the whole 2016 thing where all the polls were "wrong".

Ok...but here's something we did NOT have in 2016....an insane number of early voters.

In the three states I mentioned, how many have already voted?

Michigan....1.9 Million votes as of Today....this accounts for 39% of the Total votes in 2016 and we still have 10 more days of early voting, PLUS Election Day.

Wisconsin...1.1 Million votes as of Today....This accounts for 38% of the total votes in 2016.

Pennsylvania....1.3 Million votes as of Today....This accounts for 22% of the total votes in 2016.

We don't have the information on Michigan or Wisconsin as to the party affiliation of the early voters, but in Pennsylvania we do! Of the early voter in Pennsylvania....946,000 were by Democrats, 262,000 by Republicans, 120,000 by other.

Sooo...make of that what you will.
Oct 22, 2020 10:29 PM

Jun 2008
For those interested in numbers and whatnot....

I want to make everyone aware that as of October 22, 2020, we have the following data:

>49 million people in the U.S have ALREADY voted...that is already 35.8% of the entire votes casted in 2016.

>There are still 10 FULL days left for early voting in the majority of states, and of course to vote by mail....so by the time Nov. 3rd comes around it is almost a guarantee that the percentage of votes compared to 2016 will be higher than 50%

>Texas is going to be "Too Close to call"....yes TEXAS...the same Texas that has been considered "DEEP RED" every single election cycle....in fact the average of polls in Texas have Trump ahead by less than 2 Points...and that IS within the Margin of error, which means, that it could technically go either way.

>Georgia is ANOTHER "Too close to call" state....the average of polls literally have both candidates in a deadlock...both at exactly 49.6% of the Vote!

As for early voting....Georgia has 2.2 million votes in...that is 32% of the entire voter turnout from 2016 and there are still 10 more days of early voting/mail in ballots that can still be casted before election day.

>Finally, For those wondering...Trump would need to win Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Georgia, Arizona, and Pennsylvania to win....he literally can NOT lose any of these.

>In contrast...Biden can LOSE Florida, Arizona, North Carolina, Georgia, and Ohio and STILL win as long as he wins Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania...which at the moment he has solid leads in those three states.

>Of the states I mentioned above...Trump is only leading in Ohio....by 0.8 Points!

Sources: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/
https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/index.html
--ALEX--Oct 22, 2020 10:41 PM
Oct 22, 2020 10:58 PM

Dec 2018
Mudslinging and lies aside, at this late stage, I don't think this debate will have any effect on the race; neither side dealt a convincing knockout blow to the other. Trump's attacks on corruption are a little too late, as he should've leaned more heavily on that strategy during the first debate, rather than wait until the third debate with tens of millions of ballots already cast. Meanwhile, Joe Biden, despite displaying obvious stuttering and cognitive gaffes, managed to avoid causing any significant self-inflicted injury to himself, which effectively translates as a plus for him, as the impetus on playing catch up and reversing the trajectory of the race is on Trump, not Biden. In conclusion, I don't think this debate even had potential to change much, as even before the first debate, only 6% of voters were undecided, so who knows how few were still undecided going into this debate. With regards to the mudslinging, and the back and forth that ultimately added little in terms of policy substance, I don't think the debate format is effective at anything besides putting on a show for the American public. A better format for substantive discussion would be if the organization or agency behind the debates were to write down each candidate's policies on a piece of paper, and then question each candidate about their policies, and playing devil's advocate to gauge the specifics, and whether either candidate has thought through their specific proposals or not. As it is now, a debate format only leads to personal attacks, which is followed by mostly lies, and thus is unproductive towards steering to find truth.
BladezeraniumOct 22, 2020 11:03 PM
"I saw the Emperor - this soul of the world - go out from the city to survey his reign; it is a truly wonderful sensation to see such an individual, who, concentrating on one point while seated on a horse, stretches over the world and dominates it."
Oct 22, 2020 11:12 PM

Mar 2008
deg said:

“I take full responsibility,” Trump said. He immediately continued: “It’s not my fault it came here. It’s China’s fault.”

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2020/10/22/21529666/debate-trump-biden-coronavirus-responsibility-fault

Aw I missed that part. That really sounds weird.
Oct 22, 2020 11:13 PM

May 2013
Trump looked a little shook in this one hahah. Again I shuddered at Biden's opinion of the coronavirus, but then again it's important not to overlook the fact that Trump might have created a fiasco.

Ultimately I think Biden is the stronger debater, to say nothing of his actual platform.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Oct 22, 2020 11:14 PM

Jan 2009
traed said:
deg said:

its more funny in video form here

Oct 23, 2020 12:34 AM

Aug 2017
This moderator wasn’t perfect. But she was far better than Chris Wallace. She actually asked stimulating questions that were hard for Biden to elude.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 23, 2020 12:48 AM

Mar 2019
Kyotosomo said:
@Ryuk9428 Doesn't matter who a Republican thinks won the debate or who a Democrat thinks won the debate, all that matters is what more center oriented undecided voters think and you gotta understand that those people don't look at these debates with the same lens as you do. None of them are looking at this debate tonight as an ass whooping thinking oh man Trump did amazing oh man Biden did amazing. To the undecideds this was a basic somewhat close debate (although still fairly clear in who the victor was). Most of them according to the surveys and little focus group discussions simply watched that debate and thought hm Trump made better points I think he won.

Although let me also add winning a debate and winning over undecided voters is not the main benefit of debates. Historically speaking they have very little impact on swaying minds (Trump's first debate this election was an anomaly). The main benefit comes from energizing voters either you saying a bunch of stuff that gets them pumped up to vote or your opponent saying a bunch of stuff that scares them into getting out and voting for you so that your opponent doesn't win. And on that end I will say that Trump won by a larger margin than the margin of "who won the debate". Nothing Biden said was energizing for Democrats except the minimum wage talk and the immigration section of the debate and Trump didn't say anything especially scary (at least not enough to drive to Democrats to vote like that first debate). However Trump was able to get in a lot of hits that would energize Republicans.

I honestly think a lot of the center-oriented undecideds are not very smart people. They are generally people who haven't been following politics and don't really know what each of the candidates is talking about so in some respects, they don't actually know who made better points and who didn't because they don't know enough to comprehend who is lying and who isn't.

My mom got frustrated with my grandparents for example because they voted for Biden even though they don't agree with pretty much anything he wants to do. My grandparents hate BLM, they are very religious, they believe abortion should be prohibited, they don't like the COVID restrictions and they don't even believe in climate change. But they don't like Trump's tweets and don't like how crass he is so they voted for Biden.

I mean, how fucking stupid can you be? To be so uninformed as to vote essentially based on whether you'd have a beer with the guy in a bar instead of his policies or ideology. These are the kind of people who are the true center oriented people in America. Basically, idiots who are incapable of thinking about the big picture, who have no real ideology of their own and vote based on unbelievably short term thinking. They vote based on who they like rather than seriously examining who would create a better country.

My mom tore them a new asshole today for this and said if Biden gets elected and we are forced to be in lockdown until 2022 or some ridiculous fucking date then they better remember the unbelievably short-sighted decision they made yesterday.
Ryuk9428Oct 23, 2020 12:52 AM
Oct 23, 2020 1:21 AM

May 2013
Ryuk9428 said:

My mom tore them a new asshole today for this and said if Biden gets elected and we are forced to be in lockdown until 2022 or some ridiculous fucking date then they better remember the unbelievably short-sighted decision they made yesterday.

That ain't gonna happen... Biden has admitted that even if he does apply a mask mandate, he doesn't think it's very enforceable. They aren't going to go full-on communist hahah.

At this point I think the Democrats will take care of the situation faster than Trump can. I've had enough of his promises that it will all be over soon...
I CELEBRATE myself,
Oct 23, 2020 1:36 AM

Mar 2019
xMizu_ said:
Ryuk9428 said:

That ain't gonna happen... Biden has admitted that even if he does apply a mask mandate, he doesn't think it's very enforceable. They aren't going to go full-on communist hahah.

At this point I think the Democrats will take care of the situation faster than Trump can. I've had enough of his promises that it will all be over soon...

No... They won't.

If it was up to Trump we'd be like Florida and have opened up by now but he can't do that without support from state governors.
Oct 23, 2020 1:39 AM

May 2013
Ryuk9428 said:
xMizu_ said:

No... They won't.

If it was up to Trump we'd be like Florida and have opened up by now but he can't do that without support from state governors.

Yeah he can't do shit and y'all know it. He's full of hot hair. I'd have loved to never go into lockdown but Trump's pussy ass couldn't do fuck all about it, so who gives a shit? Let's just let the Dems do their fucking thing. They will eventually snuff the problem out.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Oct 23, 2020 1:50 AM

Mar 2019
xMizu_ said:
Ryuk9428 said:

No... They won't.

Yeah he can't do shit and y'all know it. He's full of hot hair. I'd have loved to never go into lockdown but Trump's pussy ass couldn't do fuck all about it, so who gives a shit? Let's just let the Dems do their fucking thing. They will eventually snuff the problem out.

I swear there's a certain group of people on this forum, I'd say about 20% or 25% that have absolutely no business thinking about or making political decisions.

You don't want to go into lockdown but you're gonna vote for the Democrats because you're bitter that Trump couldn't stop them from imposing lockdowns in your state? So just let them do what they want man! Its not like they're trying to create one party rule or anything and are dangerously close to achieving it but you're just gonna behave like a spoiled little brat throwing a tantrum and voting for the other side because Trump didn't do everything you wanted him to?
Oct 23, 2020 1:51 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Everyone's focus today was watching if Biden could speak LOL How he gonna be the President if he can't speak?
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 23, 2020 1:54 AM

Feb 2012
Trump 2020 easy after this its confirmed.
Oct 23, 2020 2:15 AM

May 2013
Ryuk9428 said:

You don't want to go into lockdown but you're gonna vote for the Democrats because you're bitter that Trump couldn't stop them from imposing lockdowns in your state? So just let them do what they want man! Its not like they're trying to create one party rule or anything and are dangerously close to achieving it but you're just gonna behave like a spoiled little brat throwing a tantrum and voting for the other side because Trump didn't do everything you wanted him to?

Trump imposed a lockdown of his own. You gotta look out for him man he's sheisty. He acts like he's on the side of the everyday man, but he fucks them over right alongside everyone else.

He does this every single time. I've got no trust for the man look at it that way.

I CELEBRATE myself,
Oct 23, 2020 4:38 AM

Jul 2016
Ryuk9428 said:
Kyotosomo said:
@Ryuk9428 Doesn't matter who a Republican thinks won the debate or who a Democrat thinks won the debate, all that matters is what more center oriented undecided voters think and you gotta understand that those people don't look at these debates with the same lens as you do. None of them are looking at this debate tonight as an ass whooping thinking oh man Trump did amazing oh man Biden did amazing. To the undecideds this was a basic somewhat close debate (although still fairly clear in who the victor was). Most of them according to the surveys and little focus group discussions simply watched that debate and thought hm Trump made better points I think he won.

Although let me also add winning a debate and winning over undecided voters is not the main benefit of debates. Historically speaking they have very little impact on swaying minds (Trump's first debate this election was an anomaly). The main benefit comes from energizing voters either you saying a bunch of stuff that gets them pumped up to vote or your opponent saying a bunch of stuff that scares them into getting out and voting for you so that your opponent doesn't win. And on that end I will say that Trump won by a larger margin than the margin of "who won the debate". Nothing Biden said was energizing for Democrats except the minimum wage talk and the immigration section of the debate and Trump didn't say anything especially scary (at least not enough to drive to Democrats to vote like that first debate). However Trump was able to get in a lot of hits that would energize Republicans.

I honestly think a lot of the center-oriented undecideds are not very smart people. They are generally people who haven't been following politics and don't really know what each of the candidates is talking about so in some respects, they don't actually know who made better points and who didn't because they don't know enough to comprehend who is lying and who isn't.

My mom got frustrated with my grandparents for example because they voted for Biden even though they don't agree with pretty much anything he wants to do. My grandparents hate BLM, they are very religious, they believe abortion should be prohibited, they don't like the COVID restrictions and they don't even believe in climate change. But they don't like Trump's tweets and don't like how crass he is so they voted for Biden.

I mean, how fucking stupid can you be? To be so uninformed as to vote essentially based on whether you'd have a beer with the guy in a bar instead of his policies or ideology. These are the kind of people who are the true center oriented people in America. Basically, idiots who are incapable of thinking about the big picture, who have no real ideology of their own and vote based on unbelievably short term thinking. They vote based on who they like rather than seriously examining who would create a better country.

"I mean, how fucking stupid can you be? To be so uninformed as to vote essentially based on whether you'd have a beer with the guy in a bar instead of his policies or ideology. These are the kind of people who are the true center oriented people in America. Basically, idiots who are incapable of thinking about the big picture, who have no real ideology of their own and vote based on unbelievably short term thinking. They vote based on who they like rather than seriously examining who would create a better country."

This is exactly why Universal Suffrage was opposed for centuries, because not everyone is capable of voting properly.

Also this anti-lockdown narrative is incredibly dumb. This lockdown has saved an uncountable number of lives, and is essential so Coronavirus doesn't spread as fast.

As a ruralite, life is quite great, increased welfare, get to walk in the countryside without any potential for Coronavirus, the shops are small, so less lines and chance of Coronavirus.
RuneRemOct 23, 2020 4:44 AM
Oct 23, 2020 5:53 AM

May 2016
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/ocasio-cortez-trump-presidential-debate-climate-policy-054111160.html
How embarassing people support these retards.
Playing the victim card as always.
Oct 23, 2020 6:36 AM
Jul 2018
Trump definitely took a tranquillizer before the debate lol.

while Biden...just used fear based narrative to discredit and disparage Trump.

lol Biden is a piece of work alright... first saying Trump is xenophobic and perhaps even racist for closing the border to China, and then backpedaling by saying Trump should have closed it earlier.

yeah and its true what Trump says in that the solution cannot be worse the the problem. lol why is he making so much sense for a change did they inject him with brain cells during his covid treatment?

deg said:
traed said:

its more funny in video form here

[yt]vHPx-F2s_30[/yt

in context he is saying that he takes responsibility for America but he cannot take responsibility for the original cause of deaths (China) because its inevitable that people will die, but Biden is attacking Trump for letting anyone die in the first place plus the accusation before was also out of context so it was a useless exchange.
removed-userOct 23, 2020 6:59 AM
Oct 23, 2020 6:45 AM
Oct 2018
Korishi said:

Trumps the one who endlessly talks about how the radical socialists will takeover, that they're going to raise your taxes, destroy the economy, dismantle the police departments, "hurt god" etc. His entire campaign is unhinged fearmongering.
--
Oct 23, 2020 6:49 AM
Jul 2018
Oeufhbpi said:
Korishi said:

Trumps the one who endlessly talks about how the radical socialists will takeover, that they're going to raise your taxes, destroy the economy, dismantle the police departments, "hurt god" etc. His entire campaign is unhinged fearmongering.

ya the campaign is not good, but we are talking about this formal debate where certain appeals should have no weight.
Oct 23, 2020 6:52 AM
Oct 2018
Korishi said:
Oeufhbpi said:

ya the campaign is not good, but we are talking about this formal debate where certain appeals should have no weight.

Well, I didn't really catch Biden doing it even in the debate tbh though maybe that's just my bias.
--
Oct 23, 2020 9:44 AM

Jul 2016
Now being done with it I think Biden probably "won" to the general masses. This part I thought was good

from where I start the video to 36:22

Usually Biden is not good with his words but I felt like this line to the general public about learning to die with it will hopefully sink into the hearts for voters

Oct 23, 2020 10:27 AM
Oct 23, 2020 10:37 AM

Jan 2009

err thats a good thing since green energy will create new high paying jobs anyway
Oct 23, 2020 10:53 AM

Mar 2019
RunescapeIsGreat said:
Ryuk9428 said:

"I mean, how fucking stupid can you be? To be so uninformed as to vote essentially based on whether you'd have a beer with the guy in a bar instead of his policies or ideology. These are the kind of people who are the true center oriented people in America. Basically, idiots who are incapable of thinking about the big picture, who have no real ideology of their own and vote based on unbelievably short term thinking. They vote based on who they like rather than seriously examining who would create a better country."

This is exactly why Universal Suffrage was opposed for centuries, because not everyone is capable of voting properly.

Also this anti-lockdown narrative is incredibly dumb. This lockdown has saved an uncountable number of lives, and is essential so Coronavirus doesn't spread as fast.

As a ruralite, life is quite great, increased welfare, get to walk in the countryside without any potential for Coronavirus, the shops are small, so less lines and chance of Coronavirus.

Back in April and May, yes. But we did not need it to stretch out this long. It’s been 8 fucking months. In the past several weeks I’ve gotten completely tired of it and just started living my life as normal because this has gotten outrageous.
Oct 23, 2020 11:01 AM

Jul 2012
Ryuk9428 said:
RunescapeIsGreat said:

Back in April and May, yes. But we did not need it to stretch out this long. It’s been 8 fucking months. In the past several weeks I’ve gotten completely tired of it and just started living my life as normal because this has gotten outrageous.

If only there was a national strategy at the federal level and it wasn't left up to a state by state basis it wouldn't have been half as long. Imagine if we had nationwide strict lockdown rules for the first few months and broad mandates that followed guidelines set by the CDC. Too bad we didn't have a leader in that position who was willing to make that call.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.