Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 19, 2020 4:04 AM

Aug 2012
I mean I understand the thinking patterns of everyone in the show but she is just evil. Yes she was deceived but trying to kill or incapacitate everyone that is better than you (which is the main principal of marxism and universal vote "democracy" which is actually comunism) is evil. The is why Envy is considered a capital sin.

Oh and what they are trying to do will result in basically everybody dying and few remaining living in mud and crap huts
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 19, 2020 4:21 AM
Mar 2019
I dont want to spoil , but they went into detail about nana's nature and motive in the manga
Oct 19, 2020 4:21 AM

May 2018
I'm pretty sure a lot of people dislike Nana, myself included
Synchrohayba said:
I dont want to spoil , but they went into detail about nana's nature and motive in the manga

It doesn't matter what her motives are (and tbh I don't care about her sob backstory), that doesn't excuse what she's doing
Oct 19, 2020 4:29 AM
Mar 2019
Dariat said:
I'm pretty sure a lot of people dislike Nana, myself included
Synchrohayba said:

It doesn't matter what her motives are (and tbh I don't care about her sob backstory), that doesn't excuse what she's doing
i didnt say it excuses what she is doing , but it gives more context about the story so we can understand how she become fucked in the head + she will get some character developpement
Oct 19, 2020 4:32 AM

Aug 2017
I don't hate her, but don't know why I should root or care for her. Her reasons right now don't sound very convincing for me.
Oct 19, 2020 4:34 AM

Jul 2020
Wouldn't say I hate her but Im looking forward to
finding her out

Oct 19, 2020 5:19 AM
Apr 2020
20m said:
Wouldn't say I hate her but Im looking forward to
finding her out

He will be in chapter 54, we wil see his reaction.
Oct 19, 2020 5:21 AM
Apr 2020
nightcrawlercyp said:
I mean I understand the thinking patterns of everyone in the show but she is just evil. Yes she was deceived but trying to kill or incapacitate everyone that is better than you (which is the main principal of marxism and universal vote "democracy" which is actually comunism) is evil. The is why Envy is considered a capital sin.

Oh and what they are trying to do will result in basically everybody dying and few remaining living in mud and crap huts

I still didn't root for her as well even though she is a waifu now. Assume that she did out of envy, maybe. But you better read the manga up to the later chapters you won't hate her at all.
Oct 19, 2020 5:41 AM

Aug 2012
28012001 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

I still didn't root for her as well even though she is a waifu now. Assume that she did out of envy, maybe. But you better read the manga up to the later chapters you won't hate her at all.
Evil is evil . Machivelli said: road to hell is paved with good intentions. Killing someone for something they may do or for something someone like them did in the past is in no way justifiable. The anime is great I just hate her and consider her an evil dumb girl

Galenus15 said:
Not sure what you mean by "trying to kill or incapacitate everyone that is better than you". It was clearly explained that the talented are dangerous and the government gave her this mission. Unless you're talking about future events from the manga (which you shouldn't be doing here, there's manga in MAL for a reason) you completely missed the point of what she's doing

The story parallels how domestic violence laws first came out that justifies a woman killing her man under the unproven claims of her abusing her. Men are 3-4 times stronger than women so laws were given to protect those not as strong against them, men are generally more intelligent than women so the school system was mapped to give women an advantage. They are dangerous for the governments just because they cannot control them, just because they have the power to oppose being turned into mindless drones.
nightcrawlercypOct 19, 2020 5:45 AM
Oct 19, 2020 6:07 AM

Mar 2014
Oct 19, 2020 6:47 AM

Aug 2012
MajinAkuma said:
Sorry still does not justify it for me. Is just an excuse for morally weak people a couch. Also again you cannot judge someone based on something that may become or may do.
Oct 19, 2020 6:51 AM

Jun 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
MajinAkuma said:
Sorry still does not justify it for me. Is just an excuse for morally weak people a couch. Also again you cannot judge someone based on something that may become or may do.

PrideRoyalIvyOct 19, 2020 6:55 AM

Oct 19, 2020 7:13 AM

May 2018
Nope I love her, she's taking on people who way more powerful than her. I hope she ends killing everyone on the island, that would be epic.
Oct 19, 2020 7:15 AM
Apr 2020
Nao_Nana_100 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Mod Note: Added spoiler tags
dipItFooOct 27, 2020 8:24 PM
Oct 19, 2020 7:20 AM

Aug 2012
28012001 said:
Nao_Nana_100 said:

Anime only here and have been spoilt already.

Mod Note: Edited quote
dipItFooOct 27, 2020 8:25 PM
Oct 19, 2020 7:28 AM

Jun 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
28012001 said:

Anime only here and have been spoilt already.

Well spoiler highlight is over there. We are not too blame. Plus if you don t agree thats fine. I expect people to hate Nana I hate her myself not anymore though. Her reasons are base breaking. To each our own

Mod Note: Edited quote
dipItFooOct 27, 2020 8:26 PM

Oct 19, 2020 7:54 AM

Jul 2020
Nope you are not the only one here.I hate her too but she is an interesting character.One of the most unique mc I have ever seen.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 19, 2020 7:59 PM
Jul 2019
I'm agree there is a lot people hate nana, But for me Tsuruoka is the most Character who i Hate in this series.
Oct 19, 2020 10:01 PM
Dec 2017
Ep 3 made it pretty viable to choose between Kyouya and Nana in an L vs Light manner. One side has the better morality (though in this there can be made an argument in favour of nana compared to 0 argument for Light by midway) but both sides will have their fans.

I've played a lot of Forum Maf so seeing a setup like this with 1 scum, 1 detective, and rest vanilla townie is pleasant whether I'm rooting for scum or the detective.
Oct 20, 2020 5:07 AM

Oct 2017
Let's just say what she's doing is not right, dun hate her but surely won't like her either.
Oct 20, 2020 10:00 AM
Jul 2014
I mean, she isn't an hero. But she isn't supposed to be one. She is never presented as in the "right side" of history.
They (her side of the conflict) are murderers just as much as any of those supers killing off people, just on a different scale.

I am not particularly fond of "bad people as protagonists story", but this one at least gives her a good reason to be like that. There is space for stories like this, they aren't for everyone most of the time. This just so happens to be less edgy than what it appears.

Also, up to now both murdered were quite useless as characters.
HyperversumOct 20, 2020 10:04 AM
Oct 26, 2020 1:50 AM

Mar 2014
I kind of see it as a Death Note situation. Now, in no way do I want to compare Death Note to this anime, as they are completely different, but I feel the same way about the protagonist in both shows.

Both of the characters brush off their murders nonchalantly, as if it was justified. Humanity fears the unknown, so they often resort to murder/massacres. We now live in a much more peaceful world where we understand the wrong we committed in the past, and resolve to never act out such atrocities again. Which is why characters like Nana who basically gives other children death sentences simply because of an unknown factor aren't who we cheer for. Rather, we want these guys to be defeated.

Rather than having the mindset of "watching a bad person be a protagonist" story, think of it as "watching the downfall of a bad guy" story.

Now, I am unsure where they will take Talentless Nana. Perhaps they would attempt to redeem her, but hopefully not. But considering, occasionally I question the logic of this anime harshly sometimes, it may make me question it again by going in that direction. Otherwise, I'm quite enjoying this anime :)
Oct 26, 2020 4:14 AM

Aug 2012
Meowingtrash said:
I kind of see it as a Death Note situation. Now, in no way do I want to compare Death Note to this anime, as they are completely different, but I feel the same way about the protagonist in both shows.

Both of the characters brush off their murders nonchalantly, as if it was justified. Humanity fears the unknown, so they often resort to murder/massacres. We now live in a much more peaceful world where we understand the wrong we committed in the past, and resolve to never act out such atrocities again. Which is why characters like Nana who basically gives other children death sentences simply because of an unknown factor aren't who we cheer for. Rather, we want these guys to be defeated.

Rather than having the mindset of "watching a bad person be a protagonist" story, think of it as "watching the downfall of a bad guy" story.

Now, I am unsure where they will take Talentless Nana. Perhaps they would attempt to redeem her, but hopefully not. But considering, occasionally I question the logic of this anime harshly sometimes, it may make me question it again by going in that direction. Otherwise, I'm quite enjoying this anime :)

Well, honestly, I was behind Light up until the Misa part. That being said I would have started with politicians bankers, lawyers , police officers. Except for few departments police force is part of leeches that oppress the citizens in the name of the government.

Also Light kills people that actually did something to deserve while Nana kills people that might have a chance to do so in the future. Is a big difference. Is like the question: if you go back in time would you kill Hitler as a child?

And yes this is how I am watching it. Just as when I read Twilight and wanted Edward to die after the few first pages (unfortunately that hope was ruined) I want her to fail.

I am enjoying the anime as well, I just hate Nana.
Oct 30, 2020 11:53 PM

Nov 2013
nightcrawlercyp said:

I think she probably has a reason to hate the "true" enemies of mankind, which are all the students. Maybe her family got killed (most likely) by one of such super-freaks? Of course, her actions can't be justified as she refuses to believe that one of the students can actually HELP mankind, but some kind of trauma must have affected her into becoming a monster that she is. No hate though...I just don't care that much about the characters of this show I guess.
Oct 31, 2020 4:14 AM
Dec 2019
Yeah currently i do hate her but I'm just gonna wait and see what happen next.
Oct 31, 2020 10:10 AM
Feb 2018
I guess you will be happy to watch next episode bcs nana will be raped
Oct 31, 2020 10:39 AM

Aug 2012
firstawahono said:
1. spoiler alert
2. not really, no.
nightcrawlercypNov 1, 2020 2:23 AM
Oct 31, 2020 12:15 PM

Jan 2014
firstawahono said:

I haven't read the manga and I doubt this will happen, but you still made me curious.
Oct 31, 2020 1:00 PM

Jan 2013
Yeah, I hate her too. She's a psychopath, but that's fine by me. What makes her so awful is her being absolutely dumb and a tool of her handlers. Sheeple like her deserve only bad ends.
Nov 1, 2020 7:35 AM
Aug 2017
Why? She is an awesome character. Yeah she is evil but I love good evil/anti-hero characters. Only characters I hate are badly written ones.
Nov 1, 2020 7:47 AM

Oct 2020
Well I think that she's meant to be hated so you want to root for the talented to win and expose her
処刑課師匠
Nov 1, 2020 9:08 AM

Sep 2018
MC isn't like a pure hearted battle shonen hero = bad show

This syllogism is so nonsensical, but many seem to think like this.
Nov 1, 2020 10:23 AM
May 2016
The communism argument doesn't really work, this is less 'taking down the talented people in society so that everyone is equal,' and more 'making sure a maniac doesn't get hold of a nuclear bomb".

Furthermore, these super powered people seem like they're being trained to presumably act as an attack force that'll take over the world or something like that. I wouldn't call Nana evil, I would just call her a very dark shade of grey.

This is like if the X-mansion or whatever was actually planning a revolution, and a non-mutant agent snuck in to take out the X-men one by one.

You could argue to me that Nana is evil, but frankly, I don't care, I enjoy her as a character, because it's fun to see someone use their wit and skills of deduction to kill a bunch of dangerous individuals

now I'm not caught up, I've only seen the first two episodes, but this is my two-scents on the matter.
I'd also say that while I had to think about the series to get these statements out, I don't think anyone should think too much about this series in terms of the overall plot, as there are a lot of holes in this story.
It's just a series to enjoy for the scenario and mind games
Nov 1, 2020 10:26 AM
May 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
firstawahono said:
1. spoiler alert
2. not really, no.

it's truly disgusting what some people want to happen to fictional characters
Nov 1, 2020 10:32 AM

May 2020
Nana is awesome. A refreshing MC for sure. I honestly want to see her kill everyone on the island because seeing the interesting ways she does it and how she manages to get away with it is extremely entertaining. Episode 5 had me yelling out "oh shit" quite a few times.
Nov 1, 2020 12:24 PM

Aug 2012
NG_Chloe said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
[/spoiler]1. spoiler alert
2. not really, no.

it's truly disgusting what some people want to happen to fictional characters
Shouldn't fictional characters that are evil suffer for their crimes? Or should we go the Disney route where no one gets to feel the consequences of their bad actions?
Nov 1, 2020 1:05 PM

Feb 2011
i strongly dislike nana

Nov 1, 2020 2:45 PM

Jun 2008
She's a villain protagonist, and she's the reason I'm watching this show at all. If the show was actually like the first episode made it appear to be I never would have stated in the first place.
Nov 1, 2020 3:13 PM

May 2013
nightcrawlercyp said:

I think she is very interesting character. I can't remember when I had last time such conflicted feelings like this series gives me for MC. Whole time watching this I'm sitting on the edge of my chair and rooting for her. I really wish Nana to succeed but same time I really wish that someone would capture her and make her pay dearly what she has done. She is so sad character who really should get bullet in her head to end her misery. I both like her and hate her same time. :(

She kinda like reminds me those Soviet era female snipers. Did you know, that in WW2 Soviet Russia's best snipers were women because they discovered that women can recover faster from psychological impact than men could and women were in generally better killers because that. The reason is that when women feels like their home or children are endangered they can recover faster from emotional trauma and can be bushed to do horrible things for their homes in the name of motherland. Men snipers tended to hesitate when they did see enemy face in their scope but women could kill them without remorse. Some of women in Soviet army could even be more ruthless than men where. Where men suffered emotionally because what they did see or did. Women on other hand could block those emotions more easily thus enabled them to do more horrible things. One of the worst thing for male enemy soldier would be to get captured by full female squad. You would think that male could do horrible things to their prisoners but it was walk in the park compared what might have happened to those who were captured females if those females were crazy enough and no one was reining them down. And crazy things did happen at eastern front a lot. There was so much trauma, hate and revenge there that untold insanities happened all the time and most of times nobody cared.

Think about that. Nana has probably lost her family and she wants revenge against every talented. She also see them as threat for talentless humans and thus for "her potential family". Make no mistake, at that point she is pure killer and nothing more and she should be killed without mercy. There is no redemption for her at this point.

But I really like characters which raises emotional turmoil inside of me. It doesn't matter if character is good or bad. I'm so bored all these one dimensional bored black & white characters which we usually see in TV. Those are boring. Best one are those who are shitty characters. Characters which have flaws. Many might hate Nana because they she evil and they can't relate to her same way they can relate to some random happy princess or hero/heroine. Those characters rarely triggers our feelings. Nana other hands causes hate and that makes her "good" character. You shouldn't hate MC. You should hate what she is and like the anime because Nana makes that anime really good. This anime is hidden gem of the season. I fell love for this anime. This is so good. It reminds me Death Note and Danganronpa.
RavenWolf1Nov 1, 2020 3:22 PM
Nov 1, 2020 3:14 PM
Dec 2017
not necessarily theres other people who just don't find the show their cup of tea.

Nov 1, 2020 3:17 PM

May 2013
Florete said:
She's a villain protagonist, and she's the reason I'm watching this show at all. If the show was actually like the first episode made it appear to be I never would have stated in the first place.

Yeah. I almost dropped the show at half way of episode one. I was so lucky that I watched it to end. This is now with The Journey of Elaina my AOT for sure.
Nov 1, 2020 11:24 PM
May 2017
She's just so unlikable. I know that plenty of anime fans will love the evil horribly developed main girl with plot armour cause she's cute.
Nov 2, 2020 12:55 AM

Aug 2012
RavenWolf1 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

I think she is very interesting character. I can't remember when I had last time such conflicted feelings like this series gives me for MC. Whole time watching this I'm sitting on the edge of my chair and rooting for her. I really wish Nana to succeed but same time I really wish that someone would capture her and make her pay dearly what she has done. She is so sad character who really should get bullet in her head to end her misery. I both like her and hate her same time. :(

She kinda like reminds me those Soviet era female snipers. Did you know, that in WW2 Soviet Russia's best snipers were women because they discovered that women can recover faster from psychological impact than men could and women were in generally better killers because that. The reason is that when women feels like their home or children are endangered they can recover faster from emotional trauma and can be bushed to do horrible things for their homes in the name of motherland. Men snipers tended to hesitate when they did see enemy face in their scope but women could kill them without remorse. Some of women in Soviet army could even be more ruthless than men where. Where men suffered emotionally because what they did see or did. Women on other hand could block those emotions more easily thus enabled them to do more horrible things. One of the worst thing for male enemy soldier would be to get captured by full female squad. You would think that male could do horrible things to their prisoners but it was walk in the park compared what might have happened to those who were captured females if those females were crazy enough and no one was reining them down. And crazy things did happen at eastern front a lot. There was so much trauma, hate and revenge there that untold insanities happened all the time and most of times nobody cared.

Think about that. Nana has probably lost her family and she wants revenge against every talented. She also see them as threat for talentless humans and thus for "her potential family". Make no mistake, at that point she is pure killer and nothing more and she should be killed without mercy. There is no redemption for her at this point.

But I really like characters which raises emotional turmoil inside of me. It doesn't matter if character is good or bad. I'm so bored all these one dimensional bored black & white characters which we usually see in TV. Those are boring. Best one are those who are shitty characters. Characters which have flaws. Many might hate Nana because they she evil and they can't relate to her same way they can relate to some random happy princess or hero/heroine. Those characters rarely triggers our feelings. Nana other hands causes hate and that makes her "good" character. You shouldn't hate MC. You should hate what she is and like the anime because Nana makes that anime really good. This anime is hidden gem of the season. I fell love for this anime. This is so good. It reminds me Death Note and Danganronpa.

I would not say they recover faster, I would say they are children. They have less empathy with the enemy so they can be more cruel. It reminds of a small psychopath that for some reason is the hero of many children's books despite being a serial killer and a mad man known as Peter Pan.
Nov 2, 2020 6:18 AM
Oct 2020
Nana is fun to watch. I don’t agree entirely of what she’s doing but she’s kinda necessary for the show.
Nov 2, 2020 7:20 AM

Dec 2018
I kind of have mixed feelings, she seems like such an interesting character, one that brings a ton of drama to the story. As a villain protagonist, she's doing a wonderful job.
Nov 2, 2020 4:36 PM
Dec 2019
I hate more this "she was brainwashed" shit than her tbh. Idk why the mahority of villain women in animes/mangas are these types, who arent really bad and shit (i dont want to watch shoujo/josei animes)
Nov 2, 2020 5:25 PM

Oct 2018
Its not just you, I literally want to bitch slap her, idc if shes wrong or right, she just pisses me off lol
Nov 2, 2020 5:31 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Here's the thing, I certainly don't like her but, at the same time, I don't hate her either.

Kind of like L v Light, I'm just looking forward to the mind games and whatnot.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 2, 2020 7:06 PM

May 2014
When I compare Nana to the other characters, I feel she has the most normal personnality among them. So yes, I root for her because all the others are crazies. (Except maybe for Michiru, looks like every superpower/fantastical anime needs a pure innocent girl who heals her friends)
Nov 2, 2020 8:30 PM
Feb 2017
Nana is an amazing character and I love her.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

131 by TheMaster-- »»
Mar 1, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

263 by Ilookgood »»
Feb 26, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

284 by sonsofliberty »»
Feb 5, 3:48 PM

» Going down, down, and down…

RudeRedis - Jan 15

15 by RudeRedis »»
Feb 2, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.