Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2020 7:59 AM

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
After 6 months after the anime was postponed, IDOLiSH7 Second BEAT! is back and it's back with an.... EMOTIONAL ROLLAR COASTER,,,, I'm a game player and I've been waiting for this episode to get animated for 4 years now I'm crying. It was absolutely perfect plus more!! A very good episode and it ends with an existing TRIGGER song, DESTINY!
lovetwoyouOct 18, 2020 8:03 AM
Oct 18, 2020 8:01 AM

Jul 2015
And finally, after so many months, i7 is back!

Tenn finally gets to see Riku. Everyone gets together in a very confusing and entertaining situation. Tenn's harsh words hurt Riku deeply but he hurts himself by not being able to be truly honest.

I live for the Tenn Tenn moments.
Saito Souma's skills as a voice actor keep giving me the chills. So does Kensho Ono.

The hype is real, guys.
Oct 18, 2020 8:34 AM
Jul 2016
I love this kind of episode. Very funny.
Oct 18, 2020 12:07 PM

Nov 2007
Press F for Gaku

Oct 18, 2020 12:36 PM

Nov 2019
Its back people, yay! First episode back after months, and lmao its the super chaotic one. The Tenn-Tenn joke still cracks me up, Re:Vale pulling the senpai card Momo can pull that any day on me~~ (・ωー)~☆, drunk Ryuu moments where he's talking in Okinawan and the 'secret mission' which Momo had Nagi fulfil~ Honestly these boys and their chaos was missed! (≧▽≦)

Damn Tenn, why so cruel to your angelic twin Riku, he's such a precious boy, how could you!

SilverMaze said:
Press F for Gaku

F for Gaku, never felt so bad for an anime character being rejected.

Also, it is implied in a few game translations I've seen, but his is lowkey.
Oct 18, 2020 2:26 PM

May 2019
When I read this part in the game I got very angry at this part because Tenn was an asshole, but the anime adaptation made me feel sadness instead ;_;
That waiting was eternal but I'm not disappointed. Very good adaptation.

Oct 18, 2020 5:57 PM
Oct 2016
This was the chaos I had been waiting for since reading part 2 a while ago. XD

Even back then, I never got mad at Tenn. He came at the situation with facts and logic instead of addressing it on an emotional level. However, we already knew Tenn was never emotionally mature despite how he acts. He's 18, barely out of high school. Of course he's not going to be that emotionally open or know how exactly to communicate it well.

Riku is so reckless with his health, he stresses me out a lot, which is why I can understand why Tenn said the things he did. Could he have worded it better, definitely, but he's still a kid and it felt very human of him to mess things up but it was never out of malicious intent. Both parties were in the wrong as Tenn needs to be more honest that he CARES and Riku needs to grow up a bit because he still acts very childish. It's also hard because we still don't know the full story.
Oct 18, 2020 7:56 PM
Jan 2017
IDOLiSH7 returns to regular broadcast with yet another fine episode! Riku and Tenn have a tense conversation that threatens to destroy whatever respect they have left for each other while the other singers get into some hilarious antics. I've always enjoyed IDOLiSH7 for its ability to balance comedy and drama and this show really digs deep into that strength. This was a fun episode and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Oct 19, 2020 5:09 AM
Aug 2019
this is one hell of a messy ride episode 😂
Oct 19, 2020 3:33 PM

Mar 2017
I honestly forgot how most of the characters were such hot messes before haha. I totally forgot this even happened! It was such a chaotic and fun episode, definitely a good one to come back to after being postponed for such a long time. My favorite will definitely have to be Ryuu being drunk though, it was very cute.
Oct 19, 2020 3:35 PM
Jan 2018
Despite Tenn being mean, the episode was so fun and cute!!!!! I love it.
Oct 20, 2020 9:15 AM
Apr 2020
This episode was so emotional T^T Okay I laughed for the Tenn Tenn joke and for drunk Ryuu but....omg Tenn T_T I totally understand Riku's reaction but damn why is no one trying to understand Tenn? He already had problems to express his affection towards Riku but this whole situation was just a mess, he did not have time to express himself and truly talk to Riku with a open heart. Okay it was pretty selfish from him to say that he MUST quit I7 but he cares about his health a lot and he doesn't want Riku to be involved in scandals or not being able to give good singing and dancing performances to his fans. I know Tenn's vision of Idols and fans are pretty extreme but I'm sure there is a reason behind it but damn he could try to understand Riku's point of view.. Man I'm so conflicted by this episode and seeing Tenn acting so emotional at the end totally broke my heart..
Oct 21, 2020 9:01 AM

Jan 2016
My chaotic children are so under-appreciated I love them so much :')

I love how everyone's split up about their opinions on Tenn, shows how well-written the characters in this anime/game are! Personally, I'm on the neutral side since I understand where both are coming from.

F for Gaku best boy :( Oh to be drinking buddies with Ryuu it would be so much fun lmaooo
Oct 21, 2020 9:23 AM

Jun 2016
ITS BAAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!!! \(>.<)/!!!!!!!

And it was GLORIOUS!!!

For my part....the comedic bits outshown the darma! I laughed sooo hard!!!
My favorite part was:
おい、こんなイケメンオーラ溢れるそば屋が存在すてんの、許せないんだけど
( oi, konna ikemen-aura afureru sobaya ga sonzai shiten no, yurusenain dakedo)
hahaha the translation is good and sounds natural, but not as funny as the original! which directly translated sounds like :
oi, such an ikemen-aura overflowing sobaya exists... I cant allow it. XD
Repeated 10 times at least XD With the rejection XD

And Iori who goes: Tenn tenn !! XD

As for the Tenn drama part... I do am mad he is hurting Riku...but it stinks of misunderstanding that will clear up eventually so im not too worried.

Ill stick to enjoying drunk characters doing weird shit!!

p.s: Am I the only one who... when Riku said he kinda likes someone...thought of Iori before the manager!? >.<
I was like wait what!?!? They are going the way?? Oh, manager...right XD
Oct 21, 2020 7:47 PM
Sep 2020
I just found this anime yesterday and binged watched the first season and now I am caught up with the second season. This episode was so sad when it came to the brothers. I wish than Tenn had a better way of expressing himself. He really hurt Riku and while I know he loves him the anxiety he causes him, causes his attacks. I also wish that Tenn had been able to say what he wanted to say to Riku. I cannot wait to watch the rest of the season. I just love them all so much.

I am a little weary of Re:vale. They seem a little sketchy. I hope I am wrong.
Oct 23, 2020 12:59 PM
Nov 2017
It's been so good to see them all back again. I laughed most of the time haha. People often said that everyone would be crying in this episode but I didn't, however, it did hit me hard in the end. If the guys hadn't been so noisy I think Tenn and Riku could've talked things out as I had expected them to ever since episode 4 was released, instead, it feels like their relationship has just gotten even more complicated. Tenn is so unpredictable when it comes to expressing his emotions.

What a plot twist in the end for me, I expected the exact opposite ending... Damn.
Still, I've missed all of this, the drama and wow that ending song with footage is amazing, I love it. It fits the episode's ending so well :(

Thank you Idolish7 series, I welcome you back with open arms <3
CranefaceOct 23, 2020 1:27 PM
Nov 4, 2020 2:44 PM

May 2018
Does someone else also noticed that the art style was a bit different then in the previous episodes? Too sad that they didn't continue the rest of the season with this style, it looks much better and far more detailed then the normal one..... Especially Riku and Tenn looked way more hotter in this episode ❤️
Jan 8, 2021 3:32 PM
Oct 2017
Dude.......................... That was definitely an emotional rollercoaster.

There was a lot of crazy stuff happening, with TRIGGER and Re:Vale somehow all gathering there... Riku and Tenn Tenn's relationships... (sob) also the King Puddings got eaten oof.

Wait sorry it's not TRIGGER, just two of them plus a soba deliveryman who got rejected. Oh well.

Also really nice ED song by TRIGGER :3
Mar 13, 2021 7:14 AM

Nov 2019
Idolish7 you still got it

a whole episode in their home with a lot of crazy stuff happening

"My lover is my fans"

Ten you are hardcore and I love you for it

May 16, 2021 11:56 PM

Aug 2017
I like how everyone is in the same place lol. The most important event from this episode was Ten reasons to leave his brother.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 25, 2021 1:22 PM
Aug 2015
I loved that episode!
The best drama in progress now with Riku and Tenn ;_;
But besides, everyone derping around together in that chaos make me very happy <3
Feb 27, 2022 2:14 PM

Feb 2020
Drunk Ryu was hilarious. x3

That drama between Riku and Tenn was very tense. Again, Tenn treated Riku so badly. :/

I wish they would leave the manager alone.. That particular scene felt pretty awkward..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite singing voice?

Ishiryoku - Aug 15, 2023

5 by Dazzel-D »»
Apr 6, 8:13 AM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7: Second Beat! Episode 1 Discussion

Gardevoir101 - Jan 6, 2020

29 by Ishiryoku »»
Aug 13, 2023 4:38 AM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7: Second Beat! Episode 14 Discussion

lovetwoyou - Dec 20, 2020

25 by AniStrawberry »»
Jun 25, 2023 2:48 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7: Second Beat! Episode 15 Discussion

lovetwoyou - Dec 27, 2020

28 by violity »»
Aug 6, 2022 6:21 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7: Second Beat! Episode 10 Discussion

lovetwoyou - Nov 22, 2020

14 by violity »»
Aug 6, 2022 2:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.