Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2020 7:27 PM

Apr 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well. That attack failed. Nice try Queen. XD
Oct 17, 2020 7:38 PM

Sep 2013
The first half of the episode though holy fuck so wasted it even included the recap from the ending of last week's episode. Good attempt Queen though but you fked it up even more, cause her memory is back. XD
Oct 17, 2020 7:42 PM

Apr 2019
And now Big Mom has her memory back...nice job Queen....can’t wait to see what transpires next.

Oct 17, 2020 7:59 PM

Jan 2020
The massive chunk of recap at the start was a huge waste of time but the queen and big mom part at the end was nice

Oct 17, 2020 8:09 PM

Jul 2016
ManWild said:
The massive chunk of recap at the start was a huge waste of time but the queen and big mom part at the end was nice

Big Mum and Kaido have been made to look so much more powerful than Shanks and Whitebeard have ever been shown to be.
Oct 17, 2020 8:54 PM

Mar 2014
Ya'll complaining about the recap like you an't skipping it? lol

For some reason Luffy failing in this episode was more comedic than it was in the manga. In the manga it was a "Yep you an't ready luffy" feeling but that slap Big Mom did just made me laugh my ass off.

I have to go back and read Sabaody, read Wano, and watch this moment again with Rayleigh breaking the cuffs. I know it's a small change but I always thought it was Kings Haki that Rayleigh used to break Cami's cuffs. I don't know how to feel but at the same time it dosen't bother me.
Oct 17, 2020 9:16 PM

Jan 2018
Its seems the Yonko doesnt know about Ryou
Oct 17, 2020 9:16 PM
Jul 2020
i did not like how luffy was running in fear at somme point hes gonna hve to fight emprors and pretty boring ep
Oct 17, 2020 9:21 PM

Jul 2007
EdTheAlchemist said:
And now Big Mom has her memory back...nice job Queen....can’t wait to see what transpires next.

At least its not a repeat of WCI her yelling OSHIRUKA for like 20 episodes.

Also people don't relize I think but because oda has been using the sort of "not in the right state of mind trope" for big mom, its kind of protrayed big mom as this sort of wacky silly out of control character with an adddiction to food or sweets. But you have to remember that she as a YONKO is severly nerfed when she is in this kind of state. Her real character is protrayed quite differently and she almost becomes an entirely different beast. I am glad that oda kind of didn't play around with the memory trope for to long in this arc because I really want to see Big mom in her more natural state so we can see more about what her role in the story truly is and her relations with kaido, not to mention the fighting will be more organic and fans won't have to screan "oh the only reason they got away is because she is weakened". I am honsetly getting sick and tired of hearing that and I hope oda doesn't continue that kind of trend for her character.

Oct 17, 2020 9:56 PM

Jan 2008
AnimeFanTalk said:
Ya'll complaining about the recap like you an't skipping it? lol

For some reason Luffy failing in this episode was more comedic than it was in the manga. In the manga it was a "Yep you an't ready luffy" feeling but that slap Big Mom did just made me laugh my ass off.

I have to go back and read Sabaody, read Wano, and watch this moment again with Rayleigh breaking the cuffs. I know it's a small change but I always thought it was Kings Haki that Rayleigh used to break Cami's cuffs. I don't know how to feel but at the same time it dosen't bother me.

This recap was closer to the manga, honestly. I didn't skip it, but also fine with it since it was a slight variation.

King's Haki was just what he used to knock everyone out. We never knew how he removed Camie's collar. We somehow knew even less when he showed Luffy the different kinds of Haki. So it being explained now that it was a special kind of Ryou makes sense given the context of future episodes. As we learn here, Ryou is just Wano's name for Haki, and there are different kinds that exist, including the Ryou armament.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 17, 2020 10:47 PM
Dec 2019
In case some people didn't know:

After the title card, the first two minutes were RE-ANIMATED and RE-DUBBED. Except for the plot, everything was different from the last episode.

The Rayleigh flashback was IN THE MANGA.
Oct 17, 2020 10:53 PM

Dec 2013
Luffy completely failing to stop Big Mom made me laugh.

It wasn't a terrible plan by Queen but in the end he somehow made the situation even worse!
Oct 17, 2020 11:18 PM
Apr 2020
My god, “to be continued” sign is the worst part in every one piece episode lmao
Oct 17, 2020 11:53 PM

Oct 2017
We need more recaps.

Yes believe in Luffy he can stop Big Mom, pfffft.
Oct 18, 2020 1:08 AM

Jul 2015
Luffy sets the bar pretty high if he wanted to get the hang of Ryuo by practicing with Olin's fists, and now that dumbass Queen has brought her memories back it's impossible to use Big mom as sparring partner for it....

Oct 18, 2020 1:23 AM

Jun 2020
Ahaha I'm a manga reader and I still thought Hyogoro actually died, for some reason wtf
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 18, 2020 1:30 AM

Nov 2016
In theory I don't mind recapping, at least it allows the rest of the episode to have a better pace and I honestly liked how this and the last episode were adapted including some additions.

I hope I will be able to say the same about the filler stuff coming next.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 18, 2020 2:05 AM
Apr 2016
This episode had some nice sakuga moments! Now that Big Mom regained her memories, she can actually use her abilities and haki.. previously she was just like a wild beast fighting using only her raw strength. Oda really did use memory loss in a good way!
Oct 18, 2020 2:10 AM

Jun 2016
With the fact that One Piece seems to have begun genuinely killing minor characters ever since time skip, for a moment I actually feared for old man Hyo. It would be cheesy, the new mentor teaches Luffy a final lesson before dying. But the part that got me was the idea that during this battle against Kaido, two old legends, Yasu and Hyo, would have fallen to support the fight. To see him get up and dodge the next attack as if he was faking it to inspire Luffy got a great chuckle at me.

Goodbye Lin Lin, welcome back Big Mom! Glory be with you.
Oct 18, 2020 2:43 AM
Aug 2020
Now Oda is fucking around with our feelings in first half.
How Luffy decided to defend old man Hyogoro and then fails and got stuck in the wall.
Then old man dying and coming back to life.
And why do Big mom(Olin) and Queen have so low IQ.
They were like Tom and Jerry.
Queen setting trap and Olin already falling for it.
But nice work Queen, now everyone will be fucked up with one Yonko in Udon.
AVSenpaiOct 26, 2020 4:19 AM
Oct 18, 2020 2:44 AM

Dec 2014
lol she got her memories back...
Oct 18, 2020 2:45 AM

Sep 2019
I missed Rayleigh...

Queen’s plan failed and the result couldn’t have been worse, Big Mom got her memories back. I don’t think pacing was that bad in this episode.
Oct 18, 2020 2:56 AM

Aug 2018
Well this was a good episode, but the first half of it felt slow and a little pointless in places, the 2nd half was great and hopefully this whole mess in Udon finaly ends next week.
Oct 18, 2020 3:05 AM

Feb 2013
Oops, Big Mom is back now.
Damn, I know I've heard that kappa laughter before, I forgot who that is.
Oct 18, 2020 4:23 AM

Jul 2007
AVSenpai said:
How Luffy decided to defend old man Hyogoro and then fails and got stuck in the wall.
And why do Big mom and Queen have so low IQ.
Queen setting trap and Big Mom already falling for it.

Olin has a low IQ, not Big mom. You need to understand the difference. When big mom is in a wild trance like state, she is not her natural self. Like queen said, she's like a wild boar. She has no control over her haki or even homies. People i think get a different perception of her because we been seeing her in this state for quite a while. But just you wait. Big mom is back and things are going to get pretty real now.
ArtimesGamerOct 18, 2020 4:33 AM

Oct 18, 2020 4:32 AM

Jul 2007
Figva said:
Well this was a good episode, but the first half of it felt slow and a little pointless in places, the 2nd half was great and hopefully this whole mess in Udon finaly ends next week.

Next week will have a pretty awesome reveal so your going to want to tune in for that.

Oh and yeah were about 2 in a half chapters away from the end of Udon segment. So we are very close now. The last parts of it are really cool though.

Oct 18, 2020 5:23 AM
Sep 2020
Ugh......now you have made me impatient.....the reveal better be a good one
Oct 18, 2020 6:09 AM

Mar 2020
This episode was a good one too.
The animation was great, the only problem I had was that a good part of it was recap, but not like I mind it too much anyways :P

And Big Mom's memory is back.. rip

Also, I can't be the only one who noticed that were people around the prison which were shown in different shades, right? I wonder who they are.
Oct 18, 2020 6:35 AM
Sep 2020
Vindicater said:
ManWild said:

Big Mum and Kaido have been made to look so much more powerful than Shanks and Whitebeard have ever been shown to be.

During the Paramount War, when Whitebeard was trying to rescue Ace, there's a very small scene when Marines discuss about the other Yonkos, and it is said that Kaido was about to join the war, and Shanks stopped him.

So, Shanks is one of the very few people who have defeated Kaido, and when Kaido is first introduced he talks about how he has been defeated numerous times, and he jumps from the sky island on top of Kid, I guess Kaido is definitely not too OP, but right now he is too OP for Luffy.
Oct 18, 2020 11:42 AM

Jul 2008
Oh great, now she has her memory back...

And lol and Hyogoro's death.
Oct 18, 2020 1:13 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah, the part with Hyogoro didn't have to be so dramatic lol
Oct 18, 2020 4:16 PM
Nov 2013
If they have to do 10m useless material and the rest stretch a 3m to 10m then i am not sure its even worth it at this point. They are just destroying the anime, if that is all the material they have then just do a break or fillers because the last episodes were as slow as a turtle. Although that is true from dressrosa and onwards its becoming even worse i think..
Oct 18, 2020 4:18 PM

Dec 2017
AVSenpai said:

^^Old Hyogoro pretend to be dead so that Luffy get angry and master Ryou! But the second Big Mom attack ruined his plan lol.
Oct 18, 2020 5:41 PM

Mar 2020
really thought my boy Hyogoro died
Oct 18, 2020 7:05 PM

Jul 2013
I didn't mind the flashback. I was glad they finally showed what Rayleigh really did back at sabaody because we just saw the collar explode. I also had to laugh when Luffy failed to defend Hyogoro and both made a fly into a wall :D

I wonder why you would ever think Big Mom has a low IQ. In the past when she was screaming Wedding Cakey for way to much episodes or in this case Oshiruko she's in a complete different mental state. You can't stop her, only if she gets what she wants. But just watch her conversations again with Kaido for example. She knows exactly what she's doing.

It was a nice try of Queen, but as soon as I saw him standing high up at the prison wall I knew what was coming. I loved the animation when he clashed into Big Mom but at the same time he made the whole situation so much worse. With her memories back she's so much more dangerous.

I have a feeling Luffy and the others won't be in Udon for to long.

Oct 19, 2020 2:02 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
If we talk from a fanboy perspective, good animation, ONE PIECE, great.

Outside from that the first half was wasted and everything went predictable from there on.

Bright side i can't wait to see what's happening now that the Emperor is back, hope next episode gives us more "new content" time.
Oct 19, 2020 2:48 AM

Jul 2007
CooLDuDe_103 said:
The animation was great, the only problem I had was that a good part of it was recap, but not like I mind it too much anyways :P

Also, I can't be the only one who noticed that were people around the prison which were shown in different shades, right? I wonder who they are.

suprised your the only one that noticed that. Tune in next week i guess to find out.

Oct 19, 2020 2:54 AM

Jul 2007
JC_Unknown said:
AVSenpai said:

^^Old Hyogoro pretend to be dead so that Luffy get angry and master Ryou! But the second Big Mom attack ruined his plan lol.

lmao yeah that was exactly it. Hyogoro was actually faking his own death to draw out luffy's power but when big mom tried to smash them both, he new he failed and had to get the hell out of dodge or his death would be a reality. Such a funny moment, probably one of the most hilarous moments i have seen in a while with one piece.

Oct 19, 2020 8:47 AM

Nov 2015
I thought Hyogoro really had died. I was certainly glad to see that he was faking.

Nice work, Queen! You've just made things a hundred times worse!
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Oct 19, 2020 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
Stupid Queen now he brought Big Mom's memory back. And wow look at that, precious minutes were wasted and stretched so much just so this episode would end at that cliffhanger. Based toei :/
Oct 20, 2020 2:06 AM

Jul 2007
PrimeX said:
Stupid Queen now he brought Big Mom's memory back. And wow look at that, precious minutes were wasted and stretched so much just so this episode would end at that cliffhanger. Based toei :/

Yeah it seems like TOEI is timing it just right to end on every chapter cliff hanger. Which is cool but at the same time you have to understand some chapers are paced much quicker because they are action centric chapters and so to compensate for being able to land on the cliffhanger manga ending, they have to stretch out the episode more then it already is regularely.

Oct 20, 2020 5:38 AM

May 2014
So Toei recycle content from the last ep. after the opening and introduction. Now that's cheap, like too cheap. When you thought dragging the content to furthest point was the worst, recycling of previous ep. comes. No wonder the series have lasted this much. ^^

Anyways, it was nice to see Rayleigh again and finally after 10 years more or less we can see the removal of that chain-lock in slow-motion which was really epic. Worth watching the ep. because of that. Also, Big Mom has regained her memories. Now that's neat.

Cool to see Hyogoro is still alive. It would be too much for our hearts if he also died.
Oct 20, 2020 5:42 AM

May 2014
link9us said:
CooLDuDe_103 said:

suprised your the only one that noticed that. Tune in next week i guess to find out.

Yeah, I noticed that too. They are probably important people. Probably famous Samurai's from Oden's time.
Oct 20, 2020 8:31 AM

Oct 2009
Hmmm I know the recap was long and all (as usual).

But dam the art and animation this time around was great!!
Also they didn't just put the last episodes part in the beginning, it was a whole new animation.
Oct 20, 2020 8:34 AM
Oct 2019
100% example of Training in One Piece is wasted and a huge waste of time. Luffy remains the same Weak person since ep 1

Oct 20, 2020 8:36 AM
Oct 2019
@link9us Excuses..Excuses trying to justify a BS fake death.
Oct 22, 2020 9:27 PM

Feb 2015
This episode felt slow, the most important thing is that Big Mom recovered her memories.
Oct 26, 2020 4:17 AM
Aug 2020
link9us said:
AVSenpai said:

Olin has a low IQ, not Big mom. You need to understand the difference. When big mom is in a wild trance like state, she is not her natural self. Like queen said, she's like a wild boar. She has no control over her haki or even homies. People i think get a different perception of her because we been seeing her in this state for quite a while. But just you wait. Big mom is back and things are going to get pretty real now.

Oh sorry I meant to say Olin not Big Mom.
I just not noticed that
Thank you for that
I will edit that comment
Oct 27, 2020 2:09 AM
Nov 2014
Wow; not only was Queen's attack so ineffectual (literally only made the yonko take a single dainty step back), he also killed Olin aka the best chance they had of defeating Big Mom. Facepalm moment

spectrojan said:
Ahaha I'm a manga reader and I still thought Hyogoro actually died, for some reason wtf

Haha yo thanks for lightening the mood - totally made me laugh XD
Oct 27, 2020 4:54 AM
Sep 2018
Big Mom is really too OP lmao. Queen sucks next to Big Mom. :/
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» One Piece should be a bi-weekly release

Zeverinsen - Aug 8, 2019

2 by cerise_serris »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 8, 2009

51 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

10 by HilariousPerson »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 11, 2009

94 by kejora »»
8 hours ago

» One Piece Hindi Dubbed starting May 5th for Indian Audiences

PirateHasan - 8 hours ago

0 by PirateHasan »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.