Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 17, 2020 11:45 AM
Nov 2019
Well , l do know that the original series didn't follow the manga in the second half while brotherhood is completely faithful to it., But is the difference that big ?

Well the thing is that initially I thought that this was sequel so l watched the original series . After watching it halfway ( till the time he meets that robber woman ) I came to know about this.

Now the thing is that I don't want to be spoiled for the better series, that is , brotherhood . So if upcoming events would spoil even a little bit of brotherhood , then I would stop watching the original series but if it's completely unrelated , then I'd finish that first and then watch brotherhood.

I don't think that I was able to explain it very well , sorry for that. But still could you please let me know , WITHOUT ANY SPOILERS
Oct 17, 2020 12:42 PM
Oct 2020
Lol I had the same questions and long story short: they are completely different shows. Don’t let that worry stop you from getting on it because I put it off for a while thinking I didn’t want to see a remake and now here I am looking for something to fill the void Brotherhoods awesomeness left.
Theres no carryover from 2003 and Brotherhood either so watch em both at some point because the journies take you to two completely different ends that are equally worth the experience. plus more time w one of the best anime casts of all time (arguably).
Basically watch it and enjoy haha
Oct 17, 2020 5:39 PM

May 2015
Don't worry, you won't be spoiled by finishing the original series. The story is similar only at the beginning and you'll know the point of divergence once you watch Brotherhood. One of the common complaints about Brotherhood is that it has rushed beginning. That's because most of it was already shown in the 2003 version. But it only takes like ten episodes, the rest would be completely different.
Oct 17, 2020 6:54 PM
Nov 2019
Ten said:
Don't worry, you won't be spoiled by finishing the original series. The story is similar only at the beginning and you'll know the point of divergence once you watch Brotherhood. One of the common complaints about Brotherhood is that it has rushed beginning. That's because most of it was already shown in the 2003 version. But it only takes like ten episodes, the rest would be completely different.
thank you so much 😊

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
Apr 15, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

» Why doesn’t Lust show more lust? ( 1 2 )

lordJahoo - Apr 2

50 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 11, 6:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.