Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2020 1:59 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It seems like a fragment of that enemy in ep.1 was kept and affected her sister.

Yume no Kochou, huh. That's the onmyouji sister not remember her sister at all.

That preview.. Kikyou?
tsubasaloverOct 17, 2020 3:49 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 17, 2020 3:36 AM
Oct 2016
The sisters are reunited. Towa has finally found her little sis Setsuna again after all this time. Of course their first meeting in a decade wouldn't go too well. Setsuna is 120% her father's daughter. Acts just like he did back in the day, very un accepting of what's right in front of her. Towa being taken over by that demon made for an intense fight between the sisters. They both have massive demon powers. Towa looked like she could handle everything Setsuna unleashed her way. Moroha being able to sniff out their powers was cute, she's just like her own dad. Sad seeing poor Mei taken over and swinging that rock at Towa but glad that Setsuna could handle it without any cutting.

We got tons of name drops for the original characters. Mama Higurashi being able to see that Moroha looks just like Kagome! That warmed my heart. Also Grandpa Higurashi saying that the princesses coming through the tree was just like when Kagome and Inuyasha would back in the day. Sesshomaru coming to take his daughters away one day clears a lot of things up while also presenting new questions. Did he really just leave them in that forest to see if they were strong, or is it something else. Why did he take them in the first place.

Also what happened to Setsuna over the years, not only did she randomly one day walk up to Lady Kaede asking to be taken in but now we know the dream butterfly has taken a great deal from her. Many things to seek answers for.
Oct 17, 2020 3:47 AM

Oct 2015
bruh
moroha is qt as fck

ngl, expected them to maybe spend an ep in the modern world for gags and characterisation but guess we're jsut moving along the plot huh
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Oct 17, 2020 4:23 AM
Oct 2020
moroha smart girl, know a lot of things.

sesshomaru took the twin from kaede village, what happened to the mother?
keep calm, don't think too much, and let the show tell its story.

i'm looking forward for the episode 4 next week.

important point:
Kaede said it is 14 years ago since sesshomaru took the twin, not 14 years ago since they defeated root head.
Takao_Bl00driverOct 17, 2020 4:56 AM
Oct 17, 2020 4:28 AM
Aug 2017
Great episode. But raises even more questions tho Sesshoumaru taking the babies from Kaede's village kinda confirms even more that Rin might be the mom.
Oct 17, 2020 4:40 AM

Feb 2008
SakuraUchiha2313 said:
Great episode. But raises even more questions tho Sesshoumaru taking the babies from Kaede's village kinda confirms even more that Rin might be the mom.

Agree with you there, but now I'm worried something bad might have happened to her, why would otherwise Sesshomaru take the baby twins away ? Separating them from their mother without a reason would be Naraku level cruelty.

Another thing I don't get : so Sesshomaru takes the baby twins with him for some reason, then some time during childhood they end up living alone in the forest, then a while after the fire and the twins being separated from each other, Sesshomaru takes Setsuna back ?!!, only to send her on "a rite of courage and cowardice" when she grew older ? Did they even try to search for Towa ? There's so much stuff that doesn't make any sense yet.

I also like how smart and knowledgeable Moroha is, totally unlike her father.
SailorKagomeOct 17, 2020 4:49 AM

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Oct 17, 2020 4:58 AM

Sep 2016
The sword attacks from the girls look incredibly lame. Who the f designed them ew.

Also, the story is making zero sense. Where the hell is the OG gang? And why the hell does this have to be set in the modern era? It's Boruto all over again.
Oct 17, 2020 5:02 AM

Apr 2009
Kikyou again, huh? Just let her rest in peace already jeez.
Oct 17, 2020 5:09 AM

Sep 2019
Setsuna got her dreams and memories stolen. She can’t even sleep anymore, that’s sad. I wonder why Sesshoumaru left the twins to Kaede and who their mom is. Only girl close to Sesshoumaru was Rin but the mom might be someone who wasn’t introduced in Inuyasha.
Oct 17, 2020 5:23 AM

Sep 2016
I think that Sesshomaru took the twins in order to protect them. Something might have happened in the place they were hidden (near the forest I guess) and they split shortly after the events.
No mention of the mother though. Knowing that Rin lived in the same village as Kaede I think it could be a possibility that he took her with him as well. (Obviously in the case of her being Towa and Setsuna's mom)

I wanted Kagome's mom to be shown a bit more shocked or emotional when it comes to seeing Moroha. She's a mini-Inuyasha and wears similar clothes. I expected this episode to show the Higurashi family reaction towards her though. So I hope in the next episode we get to see an scene that can makes us emotional.

Oct 17, 2020 5:24 AM
Apr 2020
Stranger_Hanyo said:
The sword attacks from the girls look incredibly lame. Who the f designed them ew.

Also, the story is making zero sense. Where the hell is the OG gang? And why the hell does this have to be set in the modern era? It's Boruto all over again.

This is exactly what I feared this story would turn out to be and it's slowly making its way down that path :(
Oct 17, 2020 5:30 AM

Sep 2016
SailorKagome said:
SakuraUchiha2313 said:

Agree with you there, but now I'm worried something bad might have happened to her, why would otherwise Sesshomaru take the baby twins away ? Separating them from their mother without a reason would be Naraku level cruelty.

Another thing I don't get : so Sesshomaru takes the baby twins with him for some reason, then some time during childhood they end up living alone in the forest, then a while after the fire and the twins being separated from each other, Sesshomaru takes Setsuna back ?!!, only to send her on "a rite of courage and cowardice" when she grew older ? Did they even try to search for Towa ? There's so much stuff that doesn't make any sense yet.

I also like how smart and knowledgeable Moroha is, totally unlike her father.

True. But I understood that Setsuna doesn't even remember Sesshomaru (she said she has never heard of him) so maybe someone else took her or kind-of raised-her in a cold way and made her do that rite with a "step-brother/sister" or another young kid (in the case that the rite was done at all) because Setsuna just said these words but Kaede only assumed what happened, it seems that she's not completely sure about what happened.
Oct 17, 2020 6:14 AM
Oct 2020
moroha make the show enjoyable,
she is like walking encyclopedia and likeable character.
Takao_Bl00driverOct 17, 2020 6:28 AM
Oct 17, 2020 6:41 AM

Sep 2016
Iki_VetStudent said:
Stranger_Hanyo said:

This is exactly what I feared this story would turn out to be and it's slowly making its way down that path :(

Why the hell do they have to make a sequel with the kids I never understand. It always makes the things worse. Naruto was good, it had a good share of lore, character building and stuff, and look at Boruto. A bunch of bratty kids running around with no character development and already overpowered from birth. Useless.
Oct 17, 2020 6:55 AM

Mar 2012
My biggest question is where the hell did InuYasha and Kagome disappear to leaving behind their 14 year old daughter, like did Kagome never even talk about the world she grew up in, Moroha didn't even flinch on hearing the name "Higurashi", seriously, what's going on here!? Also no matter what excuse you make Sesshoumaru abandoned his kids.

At this point they might as well make a completely different series set in the same universe, these kids are still teens and their parents are nowhere to be found even though they were the main characters of Yashahime's prequel!
Oct 17, 2020 7:02 AM
Oct 2020
people think they milking the series?

So what?

people compare this to boruto?

Like I care.

if you don't like it, then don't watch it. simple.
if you want to drop it, then drop it. no need to report here.
Takao_Bl00driverOct 17, 2020 9:26 AM
Oct 17, 2020 7:03 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, action sequences were pretty decent and Moroha is far smarter than she seems to let on. Definitely my favorite so far.

I'm guessing the OG cast went missing, sounds like something happened to all of them and I bet that's inclusive of Sesshomaru. They might be sealed somewhere but how they ended up in that scenario I've no clue.

As for why Moroha has never heard of her parents, I'd guess it happened when she was just a baby, probably in some kind of Naruto esque scenario. That's just me guessing but we'll see.

Are we on a quest to restore Setsuna's memories now?
Oct 17, 2020 7:10 AM
Apr 2018
Stranger_Hanyo said:
Iki_VetStudent said:

Why the hell do they have to make a sequel with the kids I never understand. It always makes the things worse. Naruto was good, it had a good share of lore, character building and stuff, and look at Boruto. A bunch of bratty kids running around with no character development and already overpowered from birth. Useless.

The preview shows that in the next episode they are going back to the feudal era. IMO it is too early to judge if this is going the Boruto route, but this is really my biggest fear. I liked Moroha and Setsuna though, thats not something i can say about any character from Boruto.
Oct 17, 2020 7:31 AM

May 2018
Wow! Kikyou return? Has Kikyo ever met Sesshoumaru before?
Oct 17, 2020 7:46 AM

Jun 2013
They are trying make this series has a lots questions and secerts. Let see how they will explain about it.
But for now i feel the story is not smooth and reasonable.
Oct 17, 2020 8:04 AM

Feb 2019
If sesshomaru took the kids from kaede’s village, that pretty much confirms that Rin is the mom. What a tragic fate though with Setsuna not being able to sleep or have memories of her past. Episode went by super fast. But left us with so many questions. What happened to Kagome and Inuyasha, how does Kohaku not know the kids of his former friends, etc. Hoping to find out soon. Next week we’re getting more kikyo let’s goooo.
Oct 17, 2020 8:10 AM

Apr 2007
I'm not surprised Sesshoumaru did a "right of passage" thing with his kids. There may be more to it, but I considered that to be a possibility. Demons sometimes raise their kids differently from humans and Sesshoumaru has always been extremely strict and rough. Though it definitely seems like something happened to Rin :(
Oct 17, 2020 8:34 AM

Feb 2014
I think this anime is taking the Boruto route, from the start the main characters already have a ton of skills and are too buffed. I guess I will be dropping it soon.
Oct 17, 2020 8:42 AM

Jan 2019
How many episodes is this going to have? The pacing is slow. Not that I'm complaining, but I expected things to happen more as they did in Kanketsu-hen than as they did in the original series.

Also, there are a lot of unnecessary questions in the air. Where are InuYasha, Kagome, Shippou, Sango, Miroku and Sesshoumaru? Why does it seem like Moroha doesn't know her parents?

Besides it all, Kikyo again? Seriously? I thought we had overcome that phase in which she was remembered all the time.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Oct 17, 2020 8:55 AM

Mar 2020
Setsuna can't sleep, lost her memories and can't dream, that's a big rip.

Oct 17, 2020 10:16 AM
May 2019
I think I know where the og characters are but I don't wanna say in case I'm right lol
“I’m not going there to die. I’m going there to find out if I’m really alive.”

- Spike Spiegel
Oct 17, 2020 11:15 AM

Oct 2018
Stranger_Hanyo said:

Did you even watch the preview of the next one? They ARE trying to go back to the feudal era.
Regarding the original cast whereabouts... Do you want the show to reveal all the secrets and twist by ep 3? LoL
Oct 17, 2020 11:19 AM

Jul 2017
The story feels a bit all over the place but man, still enjoying this a lot more than the original Inuyasha. The cast is a lot better for me (especially Moroha and Towa for me). Just hope the story slows itself down a bit and doesn't go in a repetitve cycle like the original since there is a little bit of potential in this.
Oct 17, 2020 12:19 PM

Nov 2019
The story is getting interesting
Oct 17, 2020 12:44 PM

Dec 2015
Kaoru Wada, please, keep delivering these sweet melodies. Episode 3, too early to make any assumptions. Setuna's non-magical skills obviously come from training with the demon slayers (we will have to see about that butterfly special move), and Towa's powers here were probably amplified by the pearl (never heard that one before, lol). We will have to wait to see how Moroha got so knowledgeable (maybe reading one book a day lmao) and how she got those combat skills.
Oct 17, 2020 1:07 PM

Apr 2009
Cectis said:
Stranger_Hanyo said:

The preview shows that in the next episode they are going back to the feudal era. IMO it is too early to judge if this is going the Boruto route, but this is really my biggest fear. I liked Moroha and Setsuna though, thats not something i can say about any character from Boruto.

Yes, even though I'm starting to feel less enthusiastic about the show, it's only three episodes in. Too early to say how this is going.
The only thing I've enjoyed about Boruto is to see Papasuke and his relationship with his family.
I like Moroha too, but can't still warm up to Setsuna. I hope they will give us more background info as to why she turned to be so cold and kinda bitchy. Losing her memory and stuff still isn't enough explaination for me.
Oct 17, 2020 1:14 PM

Sep 2017
I feel really sad for the people disappointed by the series so far, too bad for you I guess

Personally I really enjoy this sequel so far, I already love two of the MC
Oct 17, 2020 1:31 PM

Feb 2013
That demon was stupid when he took the body of the little girl.
Omg, I hope the not sleeping can be cured eventually.
Oct 17, 2020 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
I have so many questions... but we are only at episode 3, so I'm waiting what it's coming.
Btw I really like Moroha for now.
Oct 17, 2020 2:08 PM

Apr 2015
I just couldn't help but lol at the demon taking over the little girl's body, like yeah I suppose she's easier to control but what did it expect to do by using a little kid and picking up that rock? The demon couldn't even do anything to Towa with the rock at close range.

Well I'm not sure if I like the direction this story is going with all the dream shenanigans and the dumb demon fight, but I'll take anything I could get for an Inuyasha sequel. And I'm actually enjoying it despite that, the character dynamics are carrying the show for me. Moroha is such a cutie.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Oct 17, 2020 2:19 PM

Jan 2010
This was pretty fun, they're building up from the original lore pretty well! And I read Rumiko only did the main character designs? Maybe it was for the best, Rin-ne did seem kinda boring and not as exciting as her other works.

I had to laugh at how they already managed to put in a naked Moroha. That aside, her VA is pretty good and she makes a lot of funny noises. On the other hand, the voice acting on some of the modern world characters sounded like they're stoned or something. There's like freaking demons spawning and characters possibly connected to Kagome running around, I'd expect a bit more of an alarming tone.

And in next episode, Kikyo! Yay! Her tearful goodbye was probably one of the saddest moments in anime so I'm happy to see her again after so long!
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Oct 17, 2020 3:16 PM

Jan 2008
So the twins were taken from the village, and only one came back...I distinctly remember Rin remaining at the Kaede's village at the end of Inuyasha, so that must mean...

Still curious as to where all the OG cast disappeared to, because from the previous episodes it appeared that Hisui and Kohaku didn't know that Moroha was Kagome and Inuyasha's daughter, and many other clues point to the fact that at some point the children went off on their own...but I guess as the story lowly progresses, we'll eventually learn by piecemeal one episode at a time...maybe at episode 100+, 10 years later to finally know everything in the end like the original anime's run took.
Oct 17, 2020 4:45 PM

Jun 2017
It's nice to see Moroha won the brain lottery and doesn't rush into battles blindly like Inuyasha did all the time. She is smart and also well informed.

That preview for next week...Kagome seems to be stuck in the tree and Kikyou is back too? What are they smoking damn... Just what the hell went down in the past.
Oct 17, 2020 5:06 PM
Oct 2017
I really don't understand what goes through the mind of some viewers. It's episode 3, I don't expect, nor want, all my questions answered in 3 episodes. Way too early to compare it to Boruto and, if anything, this is sticking to the original show's vibe way more than Boruto did. People are complaining that the girls are in the modern era. I mean, really? Did you even watch the original? They went back and fourth through the ages plenty of times. Besides, the preview clearly shows that they will at least try to get back to the Feudal Era next episode. Just chill, let the anime develop.

The Yokai leaving Towa to go into the little girl was weird. If the Yokai was visibly struggling to keep control I would understand, but it just seemed a little bit forced. The plot is starting to develop, it seems like this Butterfly will be one of the main plot points, at least in the beginning. Also, Towa is starting to get a little bit too melodramatic for my taste. I understand that she blames herself, but after so many years it seems a little bit exaggerated or, at the very least, annoying to watch. I hope she doesn't keep that up for much longer, otherwise it can be annoying. Other than that, a pretty good episode, some cool looking skills and some plot development.
Oct 17, 2020 7:39 PM

Jun 2019
Moroha is sexy - somehow as the living continuation of Kagome it just feels proper and right to acknowledge that, but it's a bit bizarre to me to see an extension of Inuyasha in such a light but here we are.

I cared for this episode a lot more than the last one, owing to a few factors but especially because it doesn't seem like they're in a hurry to rush full steam ahead toward advancing a central narrative so I welcome its potentially more meandering pace similar to the original seasons of the first series. It's pacing was average but seemed in what it was setting up toward the end that it could be building toward a pretty slow and relaxed pace, which for me is something absolutely positive I long for.

I love the slower adventure, at times even cavalier or Slice of Life pacing of the original which even with fierce and ruthless youkai seeking absolute dominion over all the land still managed to feel like a cozy road trip. (Unlike some fans, I do not consider the pacing in The Final Act, especially in its first few episodes, to be an improvement at all).

I also derived much satisfaction in this one from what it seemed like was rediscovering or channeling the original's propensity to carefully and methodically construct a layered emotional web behind interpersonal character dynamics just through the vehicle of simple action sequences.

I didn't come to love the original Inuyasha through three or four individual scenes or episodes and the action while omnipresent was never the most dynamic and fluid, impressive aspect of the series by far as I feel it wasn't the main point. The action was a catalyst for all the drama and internal and interpersonal development and metamorphosis, and I feel as if this may try to go down a similar path if they don't botch it by being rushed or overly cheap and tacky for the sake of being just gimmicky or self-referential in lieu of story chops.

The music by Kaoru Wada was also never the focal point or attempting to be bombastic in this episode, but just quietly swelling and augmenting the experience of everything well from the background like an invisible custodian or groundskeeper with a watering can tending the buds in his garden from the shadows.

So more substantial yet calm conversations in the bedroom of Sota's apartment or Kaeda's shack bleeding into a gentle and lightly sung nighttime lullaby of an ED like cream poured over strawberries is the most to my liking and more of what I'm looking for in this series! And some better explained sword attacks and lore. And more of Moroha's legs (...wait, what?)

WatchTillTandavaOct 17, 2020 7:48 PM
Oct 17, 2020 9:42 PM

Sep 2016
Cectis said:
Stranger_Hanyo said:

Yeah, the characters are the only thing making me watch it, along with a hope that I'll get to see the OG gang again.
Oct 17, 2020 11:45 PM

Jan 2018
So its confirmed now who are the parents. Glad that Souta family is complete.
Oct 18, 2020 4:09 AM
Jun 2011
Stranger_Hanyo said:
Cectis said:

Yeah, the characters are the only thing making me watch it, along with a hope that I'll get to see the OG gang again.
it just a guess but i think not only the memories but also the original characters disapreance also connected to the dream butterfly. there high possibility this thing is what caused all this. also you expect the show to reveal the secrets and mystery so soon? after all the parents disappear is one of the show mystery
elior1Oct 18, 2020 4:26 AM
Oct 18, 2020 4:16 AM
Jun 2011
Ryoketsu said:
How many episodes is this going to have? The pacing is slow. Not that I'm complaining, but I expected things to happen more as they did in Kanketsu-hen than as they did in the original series.

Also, there are a lot of unnecessary questions in the air. Where are InuYasha, Kagome, Shippou, Sango, Miroku and Sesshoumaru? Why does it seem like Moroha doesn't know her parents?

Besides it all, Kikyo again? Seriously? I thought we had overcome that phase in which she was remembered all the time.
i think moroha not dont remember her parents have to do with the dream butterfly maybe it did the same to moroha as it did to setsuna
Oct 18, 2020 4:29 AM

Jan 2019
elior1 said:
Ryoketsu said:

i think moroha not dont remember her parents have to do with the dream butterfly maybe it did the same to moroha as it did to setsuna

The victims of the dream butterfly are unable to sleep again, and it doesn't seem to be the case with Moroha.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Oct 18, 2020 4:38 AM
Jul 2018
MomoSinX said:
It's nice to see Moroha won the brain lottery and doesn't rush into battles blindly like Inuyasha did all the time. She is smart and also well informed.

That preview for next week...Kagome seems to be stuck in the tree and Kikyou is back too? What are they smoking damn... Just what the hell went down in the past.

"Won the brain lottery." xD
I don't even think that Inuyasha was dumb, sometimes he really showed he isn't. He just... chose to go into battles completely heels over head haha
Still, it's so refreshing that Moroha got a lot from mom too.

So far I don't like Setsuna so much. She's so far a very typical "bitter antiheroine"-archetype and got a lot of generic sentences you would expect from that archetype. But in the end, her story got more interesting and I felt sorry for her. Maybe we also see other sides of her in the future and she might become more complex than the tbh very boring archetype she seems to be now.

Towa so far is pretty okay. I don't like tomboys too much per se, but she seems to be different from other tomboys I disliked so far. They often are like "eww I'm not like other girls! Other girls are stupid, eww! I'm like the other boooys!", so I slowly started to hate tomboys like that, because they are so girlhating. But Towa cares a lot about her sister in the present time and about Setsuna.
removed-userOct 18, 2020 4:42 AM
Oct 18, 2020 4:38 AM
Apr 2020
Towa and Setsuna are certainly both strong. I wonder why Sesshomaru left his twins. Is he facing a strong enemy or doing a mission or something? Kikyo is on the preview. What happened to Inuyasha and Kagome tho?

So their current goal is to slay the Dream Butterfly and bring back Setsuna's memories. This is getting interesting!

Oct 18, 2020 6:51 AM

Sep 2016
elior1 said:
Stranger_Hanyo said:

it just a guess but i think not only the memories but also the original characters disapreance also connected to the dream butterfly. there high possibility this thing is what caused all this. also you expect the show to reveal the secrets and mystery so soon? after all the parents disappear is one of the show mystery

I know, but I can't bear this waiting game to see my favorite gang back on the screen once again.
Oct 18, 2020 7:04 AM

Oct 2017
Another amazing episode, this has been really intriguing so far.

The action scenes were really good and Towa's power is really cool.

So that's why Setsuna doesn't remember Towa, damn she lost her memories and sleep too. Looks like finding that butterfly will be the focus of this show.

Well for now they are in the future, this will be amusing.
Oct 18, 2020 8:26 AM

Dec 2019
Excellent! Very pleased with this episode. I'm happy we got an answer as to why Setsuna cannot remember. And the episode preview was HYPE!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 24, 2020

91 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 10, 2020

108 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 27, 2021

39 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 28, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2021

90 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 13, 2021

87 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 12:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.