Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Poll: Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 3 Discussion

Oct 17, 3:36 AM

Colors143 said:
Am I forgetting something? Why did Dai say he needs to train to get stronger to save princess Leona? Did something else happen to her that I'm not remembering. I thought he saved her last episode and then they said their goodbyes until they meet again. She doesn't need to be saved. Or is it because of the dark lord being back? He has to save her from the dark lord?

The dark lord has an army of powerful demons... He wants to conquer earth, invade all countries in the world and he is doing well. Leona is the queen of Papnika Kingdom and it is being invaded by his demonic army.

Oct 17, 3:39 AM

This show is much better than thought it was going to be. Honestly I haven't played the games but I still feel like I have the important information given to me.
I'm late because I was watching anime and forgot...

Oct 17, 3:40 AM
Avan has arrived! The hero trainer who's got some wicked skills himself has come to the Island to train our young Dai. Classic shonen training kind of episode. Dai is being put through the ringer to get his skills up to snuff with the demon Lord returning. Avan came at just the right time to stop Dai monster friends from rampaging. Setting that giant sealing spell. Popp is a cool dude too. A bit more weary of Avan training since he's been under his wing the past year. But still knows the value Avan can bring when he trains someone. Popp can handle some advanced magic too, something Dai isn't too good at. While little Dai showed just how amazing he as with that sword, even a cheap one Avan threw his way. Loved the progress we could see from Dai in such a short time. He's a natural with the blade. Now to see him face Avan himself whilst transformed into that dragon!

Oct 17, 6:36 AM

A dragon with glasses lol.

Avan is an interesting character and I can't wait to learn more about him.

And it was nice seeing Dai taking the training seriously.

Oct 17, 7:18 AM
In the original anime, Avan transformed to dragon in the 5th episode

With this pace we will get to Baran arc much earlier. Can't wait !!!

Oct 17, 7:52 AM

Silverstorm92 said:
I really don't like these "censored blood". Dai no Daibouken has many bloody intense fights, please don't censor them Toei, use real blood!!!

GoshujinsamaHID said:

It's not censored, Hadlar and the demons have black blood. Also, in the 1991 anime the blood was blue with some kind of glitter effect, actually seems more like a kind of blue fire in that adaptation.

Correct. Here's how the scene was in the original.

Oct 17, 7:55 AM

Training time with a tutor that can turn himself into a dragon......with glasses...............nice.

Well Dai is on his way to becoming a hero and we finally get to meet the second main character of the story, Popp and nothing else really happens besides his training.

Ok episode :)

Oct 17, 8:01 AM

So the Dark Lord has returned and is causing the monsters to go out of control. Luckily Avan and Popp arrives on Dai's island to train Dai on how to fight like a hero after calming the monsters on the island. Avan puts Dai through a series of exercises and he's getting stronger everyday. Dai finally learns the Avan strike technique and his final test is to beat Avan who has turned into a dragon. Seeing Avan turn into a dragon reminds me of when Vegeta turn into a Great Ape for the first time, It was that powerful.

Oct 17, 9:14 AM

il-Palazzo said:

It’s not a very popular spell, but it’s always there.

https://dragon-quest.org/wiki/Puff!

If you played Dragon Quest Monsters you might recognize it by its older name, BeDragon.

Now that rings the bell. It makes sense then that I recognize the old name. Thanks a lot for letting me know :D

Oct 17, 9:37 AM

z00nex said:
Avan’s dragon form is looking good.

I completely agree. I liked episode but I think the cliffhanger is nothing but hype! Next episode might be the best yet.

Oct 17, 11:01 AM

This was an okay episode. Better than last week's for me. Nice seeing some training and lessons here for Dai to comprehend and grow from.

Oct 17, 12:15 PM

thepath said:
In the original anime, Avan transformed to dragon in the 5th episode

With this pace we will get to Baran arc much earlier. Can't wait !!!

This kinda feels like a "Brotherhood" version of Dragon Quest. I hope we keep a fast pace until the Baran arc and then we get to enjoy the rest of the story that was never animated at a slower pace.

As an old fan of the first series I'm enjoying this one very much!

Oct 17, 1:15 PM
This episode reminded me so much Dragon Ball and the training of Goku and Kuririn with Kame Sennin especially with the exercise of the rock !
The only inconvenient I found was the pace at the beginning of the episode, but except that it was a great episode :)
I'm so happy that Toei decided to remake the series

Oct 17, 1:43 PM

Nice episode. I'm glad that Dai takes Avan's training serious.

It was only a cheap sword, Imagine what a real legendary sword attack would look like

Oct 17, 2:25 PM

damn the training was just getting good.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.

Oct 17, 2:29 PM

Another good episode and I liked how Dai takes Avan's training serious and Dai master everything in two days while Popp didn't take the training seriously even though the dark lord has return Popp is just relaxing and at the end of the episode when Avan yelled out loud Puff I was like WtF but thank god he only transformed into a dragon with glasses
Overall 7 out of 10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 17, 2:33 PM

The pacing is quite good so far. Next episode, things will start to get serious. My only little concern is really about the music that is not at the level of that of the original series.
For the censor, i'm waiting for the result of attacks on important characters.

Oct 17, 3:51 PM

Popp was saying that is impossible to become an hero in a week. It seems that things are looking good for dai in only 3 days of traning, it helps that he is hard working and has a lot of talent.

Oct 18, 12:33 AM

Inuki said:
My only little concern is really about the music that is not at the level of that of the original series.

exact same feeling. Everything is fine. pacing, animation, etc... that's perfect
But the music... big no no. no offense to the composer but that's nowhere near to the first series. I don't have that epicness feeling like before.

Oct 18, 3:38 AM
Silverstorm92 said:
I really don't like these "censored blood". Dai no Daibouken has many bloody intense fights, please don't censor them Toei, use real blood!!!

Are you blind ? / Bot or something /

That monster have black blood.

Oct 18, 4:31 AM

redcobra said:

Are you blind ? / Bot or something /

That monster have black blood.

First, I only read manga, manga only has black and white colors lol
Second, Demons' blood in manga is described as Blue but I still think the monsters from Human's world (surface) should have red blood, only Makai's monsters' blood is blue but maybe I am wrong :))
Please don't insult like that lmao, so impolite, kiddo :)

Oct 18, 11:25 AM
We've gotten to the point where two of my favorite characters are introduced: Popp and Avan. Dai also gets in intense but amusing training this episode too. All in all, pretty good ep. I just feel so happy to see my favorite characters come back in HD again lmao

Oct 18, 4:38 PM
Is this show geared towards little kids?

Oct 18, 5:00 PM

Karmafan56 said:

Yes. Its a kids show, but that shouldn't stop you from watching this show if you like it.

Oct 19, 11:26 AM

Karmafan56 said:

Well the level of violence is like Saint Seiya or DBZ and YuYu Hakusho to stay within the original series airing period. Each person has a different approach to blood. So i wouldn't recommend it for little kids who are easily impressed.
Modified by Inuki, Oct 19, 11:32 AM

Oct 19, 12:55 PM

1 episode in and I already love male Juvia haha :3

Oct 19, 8:55 PM

Avan Strash! oh man! that's the same attack move of Dante! nice!
5/5.

Oct 20, 3:24 AM
Silverstorm92 said:
I'm very glad that these first eps get many positive reviews though first two arcs are the worst of whole manga. The story will get much better from Flazzard Arc and 100x better from Baran Arc onwards... Can't wait to watch those parts being animated with this great animation!!!
For someone who's been enjoying this show, reading this just made my day

Oct 20, 11:16 AM

Omg.. this show is just great

Oct 25, 12:27 AM

Gotta say, seeing Avan after so many years after watching the original anime and reading the compete manga some years later, bringed a tear to my eye.

Oct 29, 7:30 AM

Dai is training hard to become a hero,
I was so proud working on this scenes before it aired, I love the result <3

It looks so good once colored !

Pages (2) « 1 [2]