Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

Oct 17, 4:58 AM

I think this was a nice introduction, looking how Nobara had a great interaction and kinda connected well enough with Itadori already on her first met. Was that weird? I think its a pretty understandable, knewing how Itadori personality and Nobara characteristic. I am so glad that she wasn't even a useless girl, she had a potential to led the team well enough. Unfortunately, she had a bad luck because of her lack of experience hinderred the way of her thinking, then as the result, like its almost ended up both of their lives. To be honestly, at the end, its kinda bugged me a lot, i hope she had a lesson from these first mission. Fortunately, Itadori came to saved you and the boy, and became a hero. The anticlimactic arrival of him was really needed to save the girl face. Their interaction afterwards, tho. Its hella funny xD.

Some of the backstory for Nobara already launched here. Its pretty much solidified her characters in one phrase, like these episode title: as a girl of steel. Still, i don't even know how she could gain the cursed power, together with all of the Jujutsus's witches. But, oh, well. Left aside that matter for a while, at least these little episode already confirmed Nobara was some kind of a bad ass girl!

A countryside girl that had one dream to actually met with her girl of steel from Tokyo, already formed her as a girl of steel too! Yeah her homeland was shit. Sometimes its happening. So yeah, its really understandable. Instead of she held the grudges to her homeland, became a cursed evil being and even killed all of the citizens there, she decided to left. Such a huge decision, and pretty much cleared her status as a strong girl on the team, and i already liking her backstory so far. Once again, motivation, kinda became one way to proceed you to be stronger than before. Because, the next one i got to see another great battle. I don't think i
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges

Oct 17, 5:09 AM
NOBARA joins MEGUMI & YUUJI.
YUUJI's already compatible in dealing with her. As for MEGUMI, it will take time to know more about him.

Ending song is fun to watch. :)

Really excited for the next episode & the next one & ........

Oct 17, 5:18 AM

hmm .. don't the female lead yet

Oct 17, 5:23 AM

Nobara and Itadori are somehow on the same wavelength and not at the same time xD

And I agree, it's hard to choose between sushi restaurants

Oct 17, 5:35 AM
Things are getting more interesting now. It's a bit slow paced episode, yet I enjoyed it. Let's see when will MAPPA flex their godly animations again in the next episodes.

Oct 17, 6:07 AM

We now are introduced to "The Girl of Steel" Nobara Kugisaki. And damn she is an entertaining character. A thing I haven't said yet in this anime's forums is the comedy. I can't believe that the comedic shots in this anime is so good. Yuuji and Nobara already has that cat-and-dog chemistry (respectively), and a good one on that.

This week, the group went to Roppongi an abandoned building to exorcise some curses. Once again, Yuuji and Nobara together is so enjoyable to watch. We are showcased with Nobara's rural style powers fighting against a well-animated monsters and it is some A-tier visual pleasure. That hostage scene was also good and the action is dealt nicely. Another good episode with an extra scene at the end, MAPPA is flexing on us with a 3-winning streak and looks like the anime is still heating up.
"Keep grinding on what you love but always take a breather once in a while"

Oct 17, 6:13 AM
So far this is my favourite anime of the season. The action and comedy are both on point and both get better with each episode im so excited for the resr of this season.

Oct 17, 6:15 AM

I'm really liking the cast, been enjoyable so far

Oct 17, 6:18 AM

thedestroyership said:
Immediately loved the chemistry btw the 3 first-years, I haven't been this attached to a shounen for sometime.

It is always great when a shounen hits the right note.

Oct 17, 6:22 AM

Great way to introduce Nobara with Gojou giving them this test and all and a great episode overall. Some backstory on her too, some light action as well. The cast is great and their interactions make the show so far really enjoyable, looking forward to the next episode!

Oct 17, 7:07 AM
gadboyz said:
fuwahfuwaaaaaah said:
Nobara flashback caught me off guard, like whaaaaaaat is this flashback doing here this early? It wasn't shown in the manga until later chapters, you know like last week's chapter? Not that it's bad though, it just felt somewhat weird because of what comes after.
MrCreepyAvss said:
I didn't expect nobara's flashback to be presented so early, but alright

the chemistry of the first-years is really enjoyable

Huh? Nobara flashback about Saori was always there since early chapters and her introduction. you just got bias because latest manga chapter

Let me just clear myself out, it's not that I don't like it, okay? I was just surprised to see it this early, like how elobarated her flashback here, just like in the latest chapter. That's all.
Modified by LemonadeYou-kyan, Oct 17, 8:17 AM

Oct 17, 7:10 AM

This was a pretty godawful episode. All the supposed action shows for Friday have apparently seen their budgets collapse into virtually nothing. The principal problem is that Nobody even did anything particularly ingenious or surprising, the same shout-exchange routine.
They walked right up to the monster, got surprised when the monster grabbed some random kid, and then killed it. All is so average, painfully average Then, apropos of absolutely nothing, her backstory and flashbacks gets spewed out for the last third or so of the episode. And you know how I love flashbacks spewed out of absolutely nowhere for no reason. It followed it up with more screaming.

Oct 17, 7:46 AM

Not gonna lie. Kugisaki is kind of a babe lol.

Oct 17, 7:51 AM
I'm really falling for this series... it's such a joy to watch.

And the ED - lit!

Oct 17, 7:51 AM

Hmm looks like I'm the only one who thought Nobara was kinda annoying
Fuck reading signatures, you could be watching One Piece instead.

Give One Piece a shot, no listen. I started One Piece, I watched the first few episodes, I thought it was good. After watching episode 24, I was convinced it was a great show. After finishing episode 37, I was convinced it was a masterpiece and then it continued to deliver and deliver, and it still stands up now. Just try it once, if you can watch till ep 37 and still think that it's just an alright show at best, then drop it by all means. (write an L on your forehead while you're at it)

Thanks for reading, if you did. Also fuck your favourite anime if it's not One Piece.

Oct 17, 8:42 AM

I like Nobara so far. Seems pretty interesting character.
I would love to see some romantic interactions between itadori and nobara.

Oct 17, 9:22 AM

I expected Nobara to be the kind of distant annoying girl but she seems to be much cooler in fact

Actually Itadori & her seemed to get along pretty easily

Oct 17, 9:28 AM
This was a good introduction to Nobara, they showed that this cast is pretty entertaining in itself.
It was amazing to see all the abilities that our cast has and its cool see to see some curses getting exorcised.
Overall it was an amazing episode.

Oct 17, 9:39 AM

Finally got the gang all together and they got a tour of Tokyo! Messed up that curse, especially with straw doll. Really love the backstory for Nobara, she definitely has a lot of weight on her back.

Can't wait for the Womb fight.

Oct 17, 9:41 AM
gadboyz said:
fuwahfuwaaaaaah said:
Nobara flashback caught me off guard, like whaaaaaaat is this flashback doing here this early? It wasn't shown in the manga until later chapters, you know like last week's chapter? Not that it's bad though, it just felt somewhat weird because of what comes after.
MrCreepyAvss said:
I didn't expect nobara's flashback to be presented so early, but alright

the chemistry of the first-years is really enjoyable

Huh? Nobara flashback about Saori was always there since early chapters and her introduction. you just got bias because latest manga chapter

I mean, yes and no
we already knew about saori but we didn't really see so many details and the treatment saori got; we only knew fragments but not that much that could be considered a real flash back

Oct 17, 10:54 AM
Of course this anime have a woman with shitty personality who likes to punch the mc for no reason. This is so funny 🤡. Oh and of course she's not a bad person, she just had difficulties in the past, and thats why she's so annoying, so sad 😢
Modified by HulkAgiota, Oct 17, 11:08 AM

Oct 17, 10:56 AM
Did anyone else notice that the anime changed Saori's character design completely from the manga?
She didn't even debut in chapter 5 though...

Oct 17, 11:25 AM
I love the way they did the final scene from this episode.

Oct 17, 11:52 AM
thebrentinator24 said:
Look I know Naruto comparisons are old and overplayed but I can't help but think of Team 7 when I see this squad of first years plus Gojo lol. Although I would say that the only ones who are even remotely similar to their Team 7 equivalent would be Fushiguro (stoic and serious like Sasuke) and Gojo (lighthearted and relaxed/chill but is actually, I'm assuming, a badass like Kakashi).

Not team 7, team 11? Neji, Lee and Tenten

Oct 17, 11:56 AM
I don't know why some people would think Nobara's backstory is supposed to be sad because duh, it's not. We got that small glimpse to understand her motives, not to cry rivers for her. What Nobara wants, Nobara gets. And she wants to meet Saori in Tokyo someday. A really straightforward goal, just like her character.

Oct 17, 12:01 PM
ꕤ 野草野花 ꕤ

wowie this episode was over way too quickly! that was crazy entertaining. mannequins in a dark, quiet room are always an unsettling imagery.

seto asami can do no wrong, i like kugisaki already, she fits right in! i love the jujutsu voodoo stuff she did, that was so cool.

the humour is alright, pretty great initially even, but i sure hope it's not going to be like that every episode from here on, i mean the constant tone shifts will ruin it, it had such an ominous vibe going on but this episode was all over the place tone-wise & constantly thrown off with all the comedic reactions, i dunno seemed pretty out of place for me, if only they could pull it back a little, juuuust a little.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 17, 12:47 PM

Nobara is a good character but her backstory felt a bit weak, still a decent ep.

Oct 17, 1:21 PM

This episode was fantastic and it had no flaw,
Finally Nobara's debut and she was awesome
Overall 9 out of 10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 17, 2:34 PM
its okay so far :-0

Oct 17, 2:38 PM

whoa, so she uses nails and straw dolls...so I guess she a witch.

Oct 17, 3:03 PM

I wasn't sure before, but now I can confim the show definitely has a slower pace than normal. And if I have to guess why, they're taking inspiration from Kimetsu no Yaiba. And just as KnY, the jokes aren't as entertainment as they could be. So far, the show only made me smile in a few scenes, and it's making me frustated because some of the jokes are actually funny, but not as fast as it should be.

Also, even some animation effects are similar to KnY. Hopefully, diferent from it's inspiration, this show can at least have a interesting story.

Oct 17, 3:24 PM

HulkAgiota said:
Of course this anime have a woman with shitty personality who likes to punch the mc for no reason. This is so funny 🤡. Oh and of course she's not a bad person, she just had difficulties in the past, and thats why she's so annoying, so sad 😢

this is the first and last time she'll act like a bitch to Yuji. We saw at the end of this episode that they became friends so she never treated him that horribly ever again.

thiago52192 said:
I wasn't sure before, but now I can confim the show definitely has a slower pace than normal. And if I have to guess why, they're taking inspiration from Kimetsu no Yaiba. And just as KnY, the jokes aren't as entertainment as they could be. So far, the show only made me smile in a few scenes, and it's making me frustated because some of the jokes are actually funny, but not as fast as it should be.

Also, even some animation effects are similar to KnY. Hopefully, diferent from it's inspiration, this show can at least have a interesting story.

actually, JJK has a faster pace than most shounen out there. In the manga there's pretty much no resting time or slice of life moment after this episode (the "initial test" for Nobara). It's continuous fighting, killing, and slaughtering nonstop.

Swagarot said:
Nobara is a good character but her backstory felt a bit weak, still a decent ep.

like yuji said (can't remember the exact quote): "I guess having a heavier reason doesn't necessarily make you more admirable." shounen series are filled with characters with lofty and grand backstories and reasons why they fight. But people in real life are sometimes motivated/inspired by small reasons. That's why I think Nobara's backstory is perfect and makes her more like a real person than just a fictional character. She doesn't have a grand reason for becoming a jujutsu sorcerer. She simply wants to leave the country-side and become a city girl, and I think that's a good enough reason.

Bastiono said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Look I know Naruto comparisons are old and overplayed but I can't help but think of Team 7 when I see this squad of first years plus Gojo lol. Although I would say that the only ones who are even remotely similar to their Team 7 equivalent would be Fushiguro (stoic and serious like Sasuke) and Gojo (lighthearted and relaxed/chill but is actually, I'm assuming, a badass like Kakashi).

nah, team 11 is more like the second years jujutsu sorcerers. in fact, lee, tenten, and neji can pretty much be summarized in one person---Maki.

And @thebrentinator24 i feel like I've seen this comment before and I'm pretty sure I replied to it somewhere (on youtube i think?)... anyway, you'll soon find out that Fushiguro is nothing like Sasuke. He's definitely not stoic. He's just used to curses and knew Gojo longer than the other two had, so he's not easily surprised by his antics. Also, all three of them are the "serious" type. None would take things lightly and joke around when they're supposed to be serious. They're all mature teens who are not self-centered like the team 7 pre-teen brats (i mean they're 12 what do you expect?). Also, I'm sure you already know but Gojo is wayyy worse than Kakashi lol, both on the light-hearted and joking aspect, and the power level. He's like Kakashi on crack (?).
Modified by ttcchen, Oct 17, 3:36 PM

Oct 17, 4:34 PM
loved the new episode! Also i don't remember seeing nobara's backstory that early in the manga.. Did they switch things up?

Oct 17, 4:54 PM
Jaeger_bomb said:
loved the new episode! Also i don't remember seeing nobara's backstory that early in the manga.. Did they switch things up?

It's still the same as in the early chapter, just more visuals.

And again for people who think her backstory is weak, you're looking at it in a wrong way. Itadori himself said, "Having a more serious reason doesn't make anyone better than the rest". Nobara's motive is mundane, but she doesn't really need anything more than that. The flashback we saw just establishes her core personality.

Oct 17, 6:46 PM
I have a feeling this show isn't taking itself too seriously...yet.
Seriously, though, Jujutsu Kaisen has just been so much fun. In fact, this is just too promising.
Potential AOTS? Hopefully.

Oct 17, 7:31 PM
ttcchen said:

Bastiono said:

nah, team 11 is more like the second years jujutsu sorcerers.

As an anime-only, we haven't met the second year yet, but I think it's a lot better than team 7.
Neji - not playing around, exasperated with 'Lee's playful attitude
Lee - playful and hand-to-hand combat expert (we saw how he fought without magic
Tenten - we've only seen one episode for Nobara yet
Modified by Bastiono, Oct 17, 7:35 PM

Oct 17, 10:19 PM
The hype is warranted. Really enjoying the series. I love that it has a Bleach feel to the characters and the world, but it has a tone all its own. It's so refreshing to have such a positive, uplifting tone with good heroes fighting against evil.

The comedy is really good as well, and it's my kind of style. As much as I like Bleach the comedy was too juvenile most times. In comparison to a more contemporary hero series, Kumetsu no Yaiba, as fantastic as it is, has probably the worst attempts at comedy I've ever seen. From an objective standpoint its just terrible, one note lazy cliches. Screaming and violence alone doesn't make it comedy. That series would have been better served by just playing it straight the entire way. There was plenty of levity provided from the wholesome moments with characters.

Anyway, back to Jujustu, I do like how light hearted it is. It's a unique blend and I think they do it just right. There also isn't any jarring tonal shifts, which I appreciate.

I love the realistic art style of the characters and the setting. Beautiful art of tokyo that I would hang on a wall. I will say I find the monsters to be the most disgusting I have ever seen, and I really hate them. But at least the action moves fast and I don't have to focus on them.

Excited to see what comes next.

Oct 17, 11:00 PM

Continuing to build but nothing spectacular apart from the animation so far. And.. did they send the kid back home as if nothing happened or did they wipe his memory MIB style? Same with the MC's friends. Feels like keeping the curse/exorcism secret isn't really talked about at all.

Oct 18, 12:32 AM

“...and one of the first years died”

*proceeds to play the grooviest ED known to man*

Oct 18, 12:32 AM

spectrojan said:
Hmm looks like I'm the only one who thought Nobara was kinda annoying
nah I agree but it’s not unbearable like other characters I’ve seen

Oct 18, 12:39 AM
I think this episode is okay, perhaps i am expecting more from Nobara, the newly added character. To be honest, I don't think a flashback is needed for a new character, if Nobara can handle the curse without so much talking, perhaps i will like her even more.

But still, good job to MAPPA.

Oct 18, 1:54 AM

Nobara is so cute and crazy too ... I was hoping for something like this.

Oct 18, 2:03 AM
JUJUTSU KAISEN & FAIRY TAIL character similarities :

MEGUMI - GRAY
NOBARA - (ERZA+LUCY)
YUUJI - NATSU

Or many would prefer SATORU-sensei as GRAY.

Oct 18, 2:40 AM
Good episode.. They put more emphasis on Nobara's past then what they did in the manga.. It'll come later on again..More of an introductory episode.. The fighting methods in this show will get complicated like HxH real soon.. and the series will get drastically better as well..It is a real solid series.. Just wait for it to get better..

Oct 18, 2:42 AM
ChetanS said:
JUJUTSU KAISEN & FAIRY TAIL character similarities :

MEGUMI - GRAY
NOBARA - (ERZA+LUCY)
YUUJI - NATSU

Or many would prefer SATORU-sensei as GRAY.

That's where the similarities end.. You'll enjoy this series a whole lot as it gets into the thick plot.. The fighting mechanics are HxH level of good..

Oct 18, 2:45 AM

I really like the interaction between Nohara and Yuji. I find them both hilarious. Even though Nohara tries her best to be cool but, she cannot hide her true feeling toward Tokyo. I find it weird because every time the new ep comes out, I always want to watch the ed song first. This ep ended it a surprising cliff hanger.

Oct 18, 3:10 AM
To be honest, I enjoying alot more this early anime episode rather early manga chapter~ I hope it will keep going and getting even better!

Also, rewatching the latest PV, if Ep 3 stop in this spot, then the latest PV may contain clips from Ep 8 or 9... they really finished 1st cour before airing huh?
Modified by MOMOpatisierre, Oct 18, 8:48 AM

Oct 18, 3:26 AM
I'm already loving the new girl, she used nail and hammer as a weapon that's pretty unique ability to have,i like it.
although her backstory could have been better, probably who got to see more of her past in the incoming episodes, I'm loving the character dynamics b/w her and yuji.
great episode!!

Oct 18, 7:52 AM
I see that everyone loves Nobara after new episode and i don't know how i feel about her.... well she's interesting, but i'm not sure if i like her that much...

Oct 18, 2:10 PM

Nobara is cool I like her power. Yuuji and Nobara kinda work as a team in a way.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »