Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 17, 2020 5:53 AM
Apr 2018
05:11 HARUHIME takes the lead, but is interrupted.
05:26 HARUHIME's expressions. :)

Somewhat boring ; maybe that's because i haven't seen AIS.

Oct 17, 2020 6:28 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I thought Xenos was the name the monster. But here i am surprising the last sentences of that lizardman said, Xenos xD.

Oh, man, what a twist. Surely its served me as a twist. Because i don't had an access to their resource material before to revealed who the heck was Xenos. So, yeah, thats it! The new race that born from the Dungeon, Xenos, the talking monsters. The Dungeon monsters that had a chance as their fortunate birth, to be a monster with higher intelligence than a usual monsters. Damn, what a plot. Its so tickled me and feel so awkward with these route. I even kinda predicted that, its kinda obvious, Bell must be against the whole surface community, especially with her beloved girl, Aiz. Omg. What a mess, Bell. Your life as an ordinary adventurer already long gone since you decided to be a fuckin hero xD.

So, yeah, thats it, a little introduction of the Xenos. A little insightful that enriched the entire story of Xenos from Uranus strengthened the whole plot of these season. Even though there were still so much questions, like Asfi role in the end, and the real identity of Uranus right hand, i think this gonna be interesting me so much. Oh, well. Whatever happened. Lets see the next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 17, 2020 8:35 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
ChetanS said:

Somewhat boring; maybe that's because i haven't seen AIS.

This arc is saving her best parts towards the later episodes, and they will be worth it, just not what you expect.
In the end, people may end up shipping them even more, and I find with it, since other than Haruhime, I never really got into any other ship and Aiz is cute enough for me.

But Wiene will always be the best girl, at least from this arc, and just achieve that god-tier status of daughter you will protect... she is the most lovable and cute girl thus far.

But I expect Ryuu to gain a lot of shippers if they ever make an S4 because the writer just nailed amazing development for her and Bell there, it was gut-wrenching and inspiring like very few.

Overall, if JCStaff finally takes this series seriously, and stops fucking around, and keeps doing a good job as they have these last 3 episodes, Danmachi fans have A LOT to look forwards to if they keep pumping more seasons, because starting this arc the series evolved into something pretty unique and awesome that is both pleasant to read while punching your guts, and it just keeps developing the series in all the right ways instead of being a LN that keep going for the sake of sales alone.
Oct 17, 2020 8:46 AM
Aug 2018
So far this season has been more interesting than season two was with more higher stakes, questioning the idea that monsters and humans can live as one and the conflict that comes about. Character development has been solid so far so this has been great in my books.
Oct 17, 2020 9:22 AM

Dec 2014
wow there are so many...hmm
Oct 17, 2020 12:01 PM

Mar 2018
Man, I'm loving this season of Danmachi so far, unlike the previous season. It has both greatly improved story and animation. And the pacing, directing for this episode was really good too. In fact, it was the best episode so far this season. I hope things go like this all throughout the rest of the season too. And I'm positive that it will.
Oct 17, 2020 1:28 PM

Nov 2014
I like that progress. I expected it will take half of season of protecting Wiene on surface before anything happens, but luckily I was wrong.
Oct 17, 2020 2:53 PM

May 2018
So, those 20th floor monsters weren't so bad after all.....
Oct 17, 2020 5:44 PM

Mar 2010
Dang i hope no one followed them to the monster village but hermos family and the slaver group seems like they are watching them. The slavers leave a bad taste already. Lili is annoying still. I am happy to see more hestia and her not being annoying at all lol
StardewOct 17, 2020 5:50 PM
Oct 17, 2020 9:02 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
This episode was a breath of life into my hopes for this season. I really like the idea of adventurers learning to make peace with monsters, in particular with intelligent monsters. I'm certain that we won't get to that point without hiccups, but I think it will be a fun ride.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Oct 18, 2020 12:03 AM
Apr 2018
Playcool said:
ChetanS said:

Somewhat boring; maybe that's because i haven't seen AIS.

Overall, if JCStaff finally takes this series seriously, and stops fucking around, and keeps doing a good job as they have these last 3 episodes, Danmachi fans have A LOT to look forwards to if they keep pumping more seasons, because starting this arc the series evolved into something pretty unique and awesome that is both pleasant to read while punching your guts, and it just keeps developing the series in all the right ways instead of being a LN that keep going for the sake of sales alone.

That Sounds Good. I am planning to read its LN soon.
Oct 18, 2020 12:14 AM

Feb 2014
Wiene in Wonderland eh? So Little Rookie is gonna challenge the world for his monster brethren now.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 18, 2020 12:25 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
So far I am liking where this is going
Hopefully the family and monster can be together!
Oct 18, 2020 3:06 AM

Dec 2012
I guess now we are waiting for the poachers to show up again
Oct 18, 2020 3:59 AM

Jan 2016
PoXonn said:
I keep noticing What a bro Hermes actually is!
Always helping out the Hestia Familia (mostly bell)

Those Xenos are interesting, wonder what will happen next..

What did he do? Because it seems I didn't notice it
Oct 18, 2020 8:39 AM

Jul 2020
RobinTheKing said:
PoXonn said:
I keep noticing What a bro Hermes actually is!
Always helping out the Hestia Familia (mostly bell)

Those Xenos are interesting, wonder what will happen next..

What did he do? Because it seems I didn't notice it

I noticed in multiple episodes that Hermes came to Bell's rescue, even though he has his own reasons, it is with good intentions.

In the previous episode Bell ran into Ikelos(god) and Ikelos then tried to manipulate Bell even when Bell is too kindhearted to notice. Soon after Hermes Jumps in, just in time, to save Bell before he spills the beans.

Now in this particular episode you can see Hermes notice what Ouranos and the Ikelos Familia are up to, use Bell and his group as lure.
Hermes is going to interfere with their plans or at least be ready to help the Hestia Familia(mostly bell) when the time comes.

I hope this helps! :D
Oct 18, 2020 7:56 PM

Feb 2019
Not a bad episode. It was pretty vanilla, though. I'm interested to see in the future what Ouranous' agenda is, but for now I'm satisfied that he's not necessarily an evil character.

The Xenos people seem really friendly and fun. They're not bothered by the fact that they've been discriminated against; they're just happy to be alive and with one another, which I think is great.

From the last episode, we know that Aiz has something against monsters (some hatred perhaps), and it seems inevitable now that Bell has met the Xenos and with what Ouranous said that Bell will have to go against Aiz in a battle of ideals. Hopefully she'll get to understand.
Oct 18, 2020 8:04 PM

Jul 2013
What a predicament, how exactly can they coexist? These monsters don't even die, they respawn! Humans masterrace! Lol
Oct 19, 2020 5:47 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
ChetanS said:
Playcool said:

That Sounds Good. I am planning to read its LN soon.

It has a decent but a bit boring start, vol3 will be a good read, part of vol4 was when they were going deeper in the dungeon to survive from a horde, so that was also dope read, vol6 was better for sure than vol5, then vol7.

Vol8 was a huge no-no for me, but after you clear that, you are safe to enjoy one of the better LNs outhere right now.

The writer clearly matured with his work and writing because v9-14 have had a minimum degree of maturity and entertainment that some of his early volumes didn't have.
Oct 19, 2020 6:56 AM

Aug 2016
Well that was unexpected. Well sort of, part the fact opening pretty much spoiled it but... it was okay. Hestia familia being dragged into unexpected political background of Orario again and Uranus making his appearance for real.

Let me just remark, that I really like Bell's party now. Compared to meager Solo Bell, or Lily and Welf in season 1, they are real adventurers party now. And Nice touch they all have same habits like a uniform. I mean, I know those are suppose to be flame resistance cloak or something for middle floors, but I don't see anyone to wear them apart Bell familia, so Red Cloak as sign of Hestia familia is pretty neat.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2020 9:02 AM

Aug 2018
this season seems better than the previous ones
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Oct 19, 2020 7:19 PM

Oct 2008
that bunny freaked me out! damn rezero nightmares!
5/5.

Oct 20, 2020 9:08 AM

Jul 2017
With the Dragon's Daughter Wiene, the Hestia Familia is down for some serious shit. This matter has overblown into an uncontrollable situation, and only Bell and Co. can deal this secret to the utmost secrecy (after last episode's surprise public appearance).

And down back into the Dungeon's 20th Floor for yet another dangerous mission for the entire Familia whilst the Ikelos Familia in guard against and Hermes's Familia in check for Bell and Co.'s safety. Facing off against monstrous armed monsters with such heavy firepower, more than just a test for Bell and Co. by the Xenos, to deliver Weine back to their kin. That bunny though gave me scary Re:Zero vibes.

Xenos, the intellgent monsters (that the Guild has extensive knolwedge of, not just Ouranos) and their only hope of humans and monsters co-existence, the Hestia Familia. NGL that is interesting to a certain degree, now that Bell's reasoning to save girls (a.k.a Lili, Haruhime, and now Wiene) is justified.

Great episode for a hooker!
Oct 20, 2020 11:33 AM

Mar 2016
Mich666 said:
Another good episode! This season is probably the best one so far, more mature than anything before.

Kinda strange that those xenos, mainly Lyd doesn't open his jaw when speaking (telepathy I guess) but I can probably get over it.

Ouranos' plan is a bold one (coming from the fact that Fels is or possibly was Xenos too - or some sort of undead judging by the bony fingers she put on the tombdoor) but I can't still see a possibility for people in the city to accept the sentient monsters strolling freely next to their home. There would be prejudice at best and racewars at wars if they force them together. So I guess the best choice is to create some safehaven for them outside of the city in the end.

Still, this could be very sour lesson for everyone involved. No way this is gonna work easily. Not to mention intelligent =/= cooperative or good. There may be plenty of xenos who dislike people instead.

The next episode would be ambush most likely, the group siding with Ikelos lead by Dix, things are not going to be pretty, let's hope Asfi saves them somehow.

about Fels,
KenboyOct 20, 2020 11:38 AM
"[...]I have to admit I'm not a big anime fan. Most anime that makes it over here seems to be either about schoolgirls with supernatural powers who battle evil, or adolescent boys who - for some convoluted reason - wind up having to pilot big giant robots...although, today, you just need to put some boobs or harem and fantasy and it'll be 10/10."
Oct 21, 2020 1:17 AM

Apr 2016
That punch...

ASURA STRIKE!
Oct 21, 2020 5:46 AM

Oct 2017
Being the bridge between Humanity and Monsters will be one tough task to complete but I'm sure they can do it.

Wiene was really cute.
Oct 21, 2020 4:07 PM
Mar 2015
hestia i's familia is the bridge to the xenos
Oct 22, 2020 11:12 AM
Jul 2020
Está sendo muito legal essa temporada.
De prache um ep bem interessante.
Oct 24, 2020 8:31 PM
May 2020
Did that monster just survived a hit from Argonaut? or maybe Bell was holding himself back, who knows...

Also, just for now, Uranus is not the mysterious villain of the anime anymore but I still don't trust him.

One last thing: Cmon man, Tulle really cares about Bell, don't do that to her, poor nice girl...
Nov 8, 2020 6:38 AM
Jul 2020
BIG5271 said:
HiraethFlox said:
A bit disappointing, They skipped many great action scenes in this episode.
Just killing monsters on the way to the 20th floor, I think it's not that important.
I'm talking about action scenes, they struggled really hard on their way to reach their. They could've added a lit bit more.
Nov 9, 2020 4:09 PM
Jul 2016
HiraethFlox said:
BIG5271 said:
Just killing monsters on the way to the 20th floor, I think it's not that important.
I'm talking about action scenes, they struggled really hard on their way to reach their. They could've added a lit bit more.

it's only 12 episodes so the pace is fast because of that.
Nov 21, 2020 3:20 PM

Jul 2016
For someone who has probably seen many of his comrades being killed by them, Lyd is incredibly friendly towards adventurers. One could think he would show more resistance even if it's Bell but well.

So the Guild is aware of the existence of intelligent monsters (Xenos) and has been somewhat helping them with Ouranos as some sort of mediator between the factions, uh? Not gonna lie, I'm finding this turn in the show's narrative truly interesting so far.

Overall, decent episode but at first glance, Ouranos's plan of coexistence sounds extremely optimistic for my taste.
Dec 7, 2020 10:49 AM

Jan 2011
Watching this now, why do I get a bad feeling that monster village is going to get slaughtered.
Dec 16, 2020 2:42 PM

Aug 2017
Finally, a good episode. Many answers that we really needed, it felt like an episode from the first season. What interested me most was knowing who has authority in the Guild.

However, its rare and contradictory for the author to include a plot about discrimination and tolerance in a world where many races coexist without issues while Gods and their armies can do whatever they want. I hope they explain why they are afraid of monsters with intelligence but we don't see much resistance when Gods abuse their authority like in the second season.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 21, 2020 7:46 PM

Apr 2019
Really not liking the direction this is taking... please don't coexist with the monsters.

Dec 27, 2020 11:54 AM

May 2015
Abandon human, return to monster.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 3, 2021 10:11 AM
Jan 2017
Fiiinally we see BEAST MEN in heeere/. My God that was a klong wait to see something great happen in this anime again. I liked season 1 but last season was a slight let down what with it focusing on the gods pretty much al get stuck up jerks leading to overused tropes/. and the 1st 2 episodes od this season were a tad dull buuut noow they got lizard men and wolf men, and i knoow form the OP the lizard man is deeefinitely a main supporting char ATLEAST and that greeeatly imperoves my enjoyment of this anime ^w^
Jan 4, 2021 7:12 PM

Apr 2016
A decent dose of action this episode. So it turns out the group of monsters that attacked them are new allies. That's cool. I really like the whole interspecies camaraderie going on. It's refreshing to watch for some reason.

Jan 16, 2021 7:11 PM

Feb 2014
"That's a mission and, different from a quest, it can't be denied", yet when Bell's adviser asked the leader of the guild to do something about Apolo he said there was nothing he could do. The worldbuilding here is so weak.
Jan 17, 2021 6:20 PM

Dec 2018
a lot of people stand to lose a lot of money if people and monsters start getting along. i can see that being a problem in the future.
Mar 9, 2021 7:10 AM

Sep 2012
well that's quite a burden for Ouranos to put on them

well Bell took the word ladies man to a totally new level new lol

soon hes harem gets even bigger, surface dwellers + monsters lol
Sugram22Mar 9, 2021 7:15 AM
Jul 7, 2021 3:19 AM

May 2016
The fight scenes were top tier, and the situation is really awkward but also a lot to my liking. 5/5
Aug 29, 2021 6:01 AM

Apr 2011
Making them coexist. This is gonna be a difficult job for team Hestia.

But guessing on some spoilers I've read, there's gonna be conflict with other families.
Apr 15, 2022 1:41 PM

May 2020
Don't know why they're entrusting such huge burden on Hestia familia. Just can't help but see things will get messier in coming episodes.
Jun 29, 2022 7:16 AM

Jan 2020
It's odd to see Bell hesitant to shake hands with the monsters after he was so quick to jump in for Wiene. It makes me feel like he only cared about her because she was a girl. Which again, makes me just hate Bell even more.

Anyway, we're in the dungeon, again. Is this real life? Season 2 was so stingy with it. I'm looking forward to seeing how the monsters live. If they have their own monster city and what not. Anything beyond that seems like it's going to end up being a struggle for Bell and co. This could end up being a very interesting season.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 2, 2022 8:51 AM

Jan 2019
Always love the horror elements when they're in the dungeon.

Also curious about who Uranus' sidekick is, Charon maybe? Seems like they're setting that up for a reveal later.

Oct 14, 2022 8:21 PM

Nov 2020
How much does the Guild know?!
Nov 8, 2022 10:57 AM

Apr 2013
So that Ouranos dude is the leader of the guild? I don't remember that. But apparently the guild was already aware and working together with Xenos, that was unexpected.
Jan 9, 2023 8:48 AM

Dec 2012
Dat mob.
Dat letter for Bell.
A mission?
The 20th floor?
Lili, how could you grab Haruhime's tail?
Hestia meets with Fels.
Dat reveal.
Dat passage.

LMAO at the rabbit hugging Bell. Nice to see Bell reunited with a family member. Rei may be a monster, but I don't discriminate. I'd hit it. How are these Harpy like monsters getting clothes to cover their oppai? They were born with it? Do they even have vagina's?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 20, 2023 4:55 PM
Aug 2016
the old guy was actually a good guy wow!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 20, 2020

181 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

220 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

120 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

71 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

90 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.