Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Oct 18, 2020 4:09 PM

Mar 2010
We all have fucking secrets keichi you fucking retard. He fucked up lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 18, 2020 4:44 PM
Jul 2019
In this arc we have Rena and Keiichi suffering from the syndrome? I dont remember exactly who is the victim of this arc, i was thinking that everything was just Keiichi's delusions because of the syndrome(including psycho Rena).
Oct 18, 2020 5:16 PM

Jun 2019
Kbenicio said:
In this arc we have Rena and Keiichi suffering from the syndrome? I dont remember exactly who is the victim of this arc, i was thinking that everything was just Keiichi's delusions because of the syndrome(including psycho Rena).

In the first arc of season one,
but this arc is titled differently and with the forward flashes to the future it seems like this will be going in the sequel/continuation direction and branching off into
The same events aren't playing out here either in the same way or at all.
Oct 18, 2020 5:36 PM

Jul 2011
Rena kept saying that "she worked hard" (on what...?), and also Rena noticed that Keiichi took something from junkyard (magazine about murder)

Maybe something to do with Tomitake and Takano (Rena was stalking behind tree) and "working hard"?

Very different stuff on each episode so far, compared to Onikakushi... chapter end also very likely something else :o
GaichiOct 18, 2020 5:42 PM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Oct 18, 2020 5:41 PM

Jan 2020
I dropped the OG Higurashi because was boring, and do you know what? The new Higurashi looks much better (until now)

Oct 19, 2020 12:17 AM

Oct 2007
looks like Keichi is having some serious problems now...

well, and the waitress uniforms of the cafe are still so kawaii. ^^

zeroj said:
Can't imagine the new people will ever write in these forum episode posts. Everywhere is fricking full of spoilers. I thought this was a 2020 Higurashi show thread?

Where are the mods? Why are we reading things from a show that aired more than ten years ago? Please, all I friggin see are spoiler boxes in all of the replies in this thread. This seriously needs cleaning.

it's just sad for newcomers on this anime. The spoiler spreading happy people are everywhere.

this place is a minefield of spoilers. Better just not read any other posts, so you can still enjoy the mystery of it. --- as there are some spoilers not even inside spoiler tags.
Liddo-kunOct 19, 2020 4:27 AM
Oct 19, 2020 4:03 AM

Feb 2013
Rena is too damn creepy and scary.
Oct 19, 2020 7:27 PM

Sep 2012
They better come up with some new plot turns or so soon, or this is going to be rather boring for the OG elite.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DerWuestenfuchs
「Just another weeb living the dream in Japan」
Oct 19, 2020 7:39 PM
Feb 2019
I liked it. Honestly liked the OG better when it came to Rena's big "liar" scene. Also thought it was more surprising how creepy she could be in the original, unlike this remake, since she's been weird the first two episodes.
Sayaka_MiyukiOct 19, 2020 8:37 PM
Oct 19, 2020 7:46 PM

Nov 2013
Poor Ooishi!
He looks a bit derpy in this adaptation, I must say.

Oct 19, 2020 7:56 PM

Jul 2012
Hm, not bad, it was a decent episode, aprticularly the last part but still tehre's something about the whole atmosphere that's not making it for me in this version.. but anyway, it's Higurashi, i want to see where this arc goes. Things are finally starting~

One thing i really can't get over this episode is Ooishi's character design. God he looked so off in some of the scenes i could barely look at him...

You know what, since it's been so long since i watched the original i may actually go and rewatch a few episodes to refresh my memory
-miraiiOct 19, 2020 8:36 PM
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Oct 19, 2020 10:46 PM
Feb 2018
Wuestenfuchs said:
They better come up with some new plot turns or so soon, or this is going to be rather boring for the OG elite.

There are already a bunch of new major plot divergences that those who have watched the original can pick up on if they are paying attention.
Oct 19, 2020 11:16 PM

Jul 2017
Bring back old ost for ED song
G
Oct 20, 2020 12:02 AM
Oct 2014
Rena's speech after the "USO DA!" scene is almost reminiscent of her speech at the beginning of Tsumihoroboshi-hen (Atonement arc). Also a lot of her actions throughout the first few episodes are seeming to imply things that may have already happened. So this first arc feels like a mix between Onikakushi-hen and Tsumihoroboshi-hen with new elements which is neat.

Looking forward to episode 4.
nikki-chan92Oct 20, 2020 12:10 AM
Oct 20, 2020 6:18 AM

Jul 2017
Slowly warming up to Asaka's OP, and it's pretty good for a bangin' song.

Otherwise, this continues to be a minefield of spoiler land for both the OGs and newcomers, and the "sequel" part is pretty much set in stone. Faults here and there, but don't quote me on this.

Keiichi slowly finding out about the mysteries of Hinamizawa, but I'd say that's not even the tip of the iceberg yet. Keyword: Demoned Away...what is the meaning behind it?

To probe either Mion or Rena about is is raising a red flag, and the short confrontation with Rena isn't as scary, but more like a warning of sorts as a threat. The beginning of destruction...

An OK episode...
Oct 21, 2020 2:56 PM

Feb 2015
IgorPsc91 said:
I dropped the OG Higurashi because was boring, and do you know what? The new Higurashi looks much better (until now)

It's literally the same plotwise... I-

We're back to the remake vibe, huh?
Rena's confrontation scene was executed well, but I prefer the 2006 version, cause the "liar" was more impactful.
Good episode overall tho, let's see if they're going to change the upcoming events in Gou.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Oct 21, 2020 5:12 PM
Feb 2018
StormxNightmare said:

Rena's confrontation scene was executed well, but I prefer the 2006 version, cause the "liar" was more impactful.
Good episode overall tho, let's see if they're going to change the upcoming events in Gou.

It really wasn't the same plot wise. Everything that happened in this episode, happened in a much different order than in the original material. At least in regards to Ooishi, and that's not even mentioning the fact that K1 didn't talk to Takano or Tomitake, or that they are both missing rather than only one of them being missing.
Oct 22, 2020 12:14 AM

Aug 2009
jaw20 said:
StormxNightmare said:

It really wasn't the same plot wise. Everything that happened in this episode, happened in a much different order than in the original material. At least in regards to Ooishi, and that's not even mentioning the fact that K1 didn't talk to Takano or Tomitake, or that they are both missing rather than only one of them being missing.

Sequence of events and plot are two different things.

The plot is the same.
Oct 22, 2020 8:00 AM
Feb 2018
ssjokg said:
jaw20 said:

The plot is the same.

It may be the same formula, but the plot is absolutely different.
Oct 22, 2020 8:06 AM

Aug 2009
jaw20 said:
ssjokg said:

The plot is the same.

It may be the same formula, but the plot is absolutely different.

The plot is "New village boy Keichi realizes that his new friends are hiding stuff and they are fucking crazy" ".

Whether it is executed the same way is another thing.

Till now the events have little differences that only old fans know how important they are.

Honestly finding the old one boring and this not seems kinda dishonest on their part.
Oct 22, 2020 2:10 PM

Feb 2020
ayy we got that infamous scene. wish it had the pigeons tho
Oct 22, 2020 10:30 PM
Jun 2016
The CG cars were unexpected... Even Higurashi can't escape from them...
Oct 24, 2020 7:36 AM

Aug 2018
If its Rena i will be more glad that shes stalking me
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Oct 24, 2020 9:48 AM

Jul 2008
It always bothered me why a cop would use a middle school student as an informant.

He says to keep things secret and yet talks to him all the time in public, at home and takes him to restaurants.

Not exactly a good job at hiding him...

And again if we solved the loop last series, why is it still going?
Nov 1, 2020 10:39 AM

Nov 2014
really love this adaptation,i''m a big Higurashi fan
just gotta get used to the nevv graphic though its not bad
Nov 14, 2020 2:40 AM
Oct 2019
Hey, it's good to see Oishi-san again 😁

Tomitake & Takano is missing, presumably dead by Oyashiro-sama Curse...

Rena going crazy made me jump of my seat... That was very well executed, so far Studio Passione did great 👏
Nov 24, 2020 1:52 PM

Sep 2020
Oh boy, oh boy, seems like things are gonna get real real soon!

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Nov 27, 2020 9:30 AM

Jun 2017
I gotta admit, that was eerily horrifying! The sound effect when Rena peeped into Keiichi's door freaked me out.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Dec 3, 2020 2:42 AM

Nov 2019
Haven’t actually been scared while watching an anime episode in years! Loving this anime!
Feb 11, 2021 4:24 AM

Jan 2011
This show's artstyle is too cute. I like it but there is a lot of issues.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Feb 27, 2021 3:47 PM
Dec 2020
I'm having a REALLY hard time getting into this show and I don't know why but I'm hoping that it'll get better because I've heard good things about it 😔 it took me 3 days to watch this one episode because I've been so bored trying to watch it.
(I'm halfway through the third episode while posting this)

Update: I shouldve given the full episode a chance, the ending was more interesting than the first half of the episode
UncreativeeFeb 27, 2021 3:57 PM
Jun 20, 2021 6:16 PM

Mar 2014
I know that this isn't supposed to be a remake, but the scenes that have been remade make me appreciate the original so much more... The execution was just so perfect. We didn't know what we had until it was gone. Big sad for those who have only seen Gou. Truly.
Aug 26, 2021 2:28 PM

Jun 2009
I feel like the original was better so far. I dislike the new art style and I feel like the suspense isn’t as good either.
Oct 9, 2021 7:50 AM

Jan 2013
Liddo-kun said:
looks like Keichi is having some serious problems now...

well, and the waitress uniforms of the cafe are still so kawaii. ^^

zeroj said:
Can't imagine the new people will ever write in these forum episode posts. Everywhere is fricking full of spoilers. I thought this was a 2020 Higurashi show thread?

Where are the mods? Why are we reading things from a show that aired more than ten years ago? Please, all I friggin see are spoiler boxes in all of the replies in this thread. This seriously needs cleaning.

it's just sad for newcomers on this anime. The spoiler spreading happy people are everywhere.

this place is a minefield of spoilers. Better just not read any other posts, so you can still enjoy the mystery of it. --- as there are some spoilers not even inside spoiler tags.

what did you expect, it's a sequel and related to the original series, ofcourse people are gonna talk about previous events.
Can you imagine not talking about events that happened in a previous season of Sword Art Online for example?
Dec 23, 2021 7:58 PM

Nov 2010
That Miyo Takano looked fine! What a waste of fine meat. IIRC she got butchered.

I remember now. All hell breaks loose around the 22nd onwards.

If I was Keiichi and Rena went bonkers on me I'd assault her first and show her who's the boss. hehe
Jan 14, 2023 9:29 AM

Apr 2013
If this is really not a remake, then the author is really bad at writing new stuff. Recycling the same story over and over again.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

314 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.