Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 13, 2020 7:55 PM
Mar 2019
Is it just me or are the numbers just way off? I remember kaguya being in first place even after a couple of weeks after the season ended but now ishigami and chika are by far the most popular.
TheNbOct 13, 2020 8:35 PM
Oct 13, 2020 10:40 PM

Feb 2019
TheNb said:
Is it just me or are the numbers just way off? I remember kaguya being in first place even after a couple of weeks after the season ended but now ishigami and chika are by far the most popular.

Ishigami and chika is insanely growing
I don't know why
Oct 13, 2020 10:43 PM

Sep 2020
Sakuta34_12 said:
TheNb said:

Ishigami and chika is insanely growing
I don't know why
Bot accounts that's why
Oct 14, 2020 1:10 PM
Nov 2017
Oh come on Ishigami then no problem but I'm more shocked of Chika
Oct 14, 2020 9:15 PM
Mar 2019
Gear_Tube said:
Oh come on Ishigami then no problem but I'm more shocked of Chika
I love ishigami but gaining 10k+ votes when the show isn't even airing is really weird. Chika makes even less sense.
Oct 14, 2020 11:18 PM
Apr 2020
Its probably because of the dub. I am saying this because even last year, Hikigaya Hachiman gained a ridiculous number of users after the dub came out in november,even though Both seasons of Oregairu were like 4-6 years old back then.
Oct 18, 2020 7:02 PM

Nov 2011
I don't know if this is because of bots or not. But this anime has the most flunctuating top favorite characters ranking I've ever realized in MAL.
Before the anime aired it was Kaguya, then Chika in early S1, then Kaguya again, and now it is Ishigami.
Jim_HeartOct 18, 2020 7:07 PM
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Oct 20, 2020 5:43 PM

Mar 2018
As another person has already mentioned, maybe because of the dub? But I think it's also partially because of the manga? A big Ishigami arc just recently reached its conclusion, and Akasaka really pulled on the emotions and had me crying in the last few chapters. I do agree that the insane jump in the numbers is a bit abnormal, but I could definitely see them (at least for Ishigami, IMO, Chika's getting a bit...annoying? At least where we are right now in the manga? Not that I don't enjoy her character, but some of her recent comedy moments felt a bit forced) rising a decent bit both because of the dub and the manga.
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

Oct 21, 2020 2:56 AM
Jul 2018
Dazel1412 said:
As another person has already mentioned, maybe because of the dub? But I think it's also partially because of the manga? A big Ishigami arc just recently reached its conclusion, and Akasaka really pulled on the emotions and had me crying in the last few chapters. I do agree that the insane jump in the numbers is a bit abnormal, but I could definitely see them (at least for Ishigami, IMO, Chika's getting a bit...annoying? At least where we are right now in the manga? Not that I don't enjoy her character, but some of her recent comedy moments felt a bit forced) rising a decent bit both because of the dub and the manga.

no. You don't magically get 10k favorites IN A MONTH because of the dub, also manga doesn't have anything to do with it, most people who favorite their character do it because of the anime adptation. His growth from 4k to 9k is at least believable because it was exactly after episode 11 and you know very well how much it fleshed him out and made him 10x more interesting, but it's 100% obvious that someone is using bots to boost him up, there are also a lot of characters with the biggest majority of their favorites being bots, especially some of the higher ranked ones
Oct 22, 2020 7:32 AM
May 2019
I'm shook tho about ishigami :0 wew
And also chika wow, I have nothing to say..
(ishigami is my least favourite but I don't add him in my favs :>)
Oct 22, 2020 7:18 PM
Mar 2019
Ishigami recent growth is an understatement after his latest arc in the manga, I do prefer too think that the growth came from the manga itself and not some bots, but I do know there'll be using some bots to boost him by alot. Is it worth it though? Making our guy ishigami the most favorite in the series, ofc! Love this dude! Ppl should read the manga, so ppl can actually understand more why ishigami is really popular this days
Oct 25, 2020 3:09 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Well with the 3rd season, what will happen next? Looks like Miyuki about to be dethroned by Miko already haha
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 25, 2020 6:18 AM
Feb 2017
iamYuiKomori said:
Well with the 3rd season, what will happen next? Looks like Miyuki about to be dethroned by Miko already haha

It’s honestly baffling to me how Chika is so far up. Kaguya, Shirogane, and Ishigami are easily the 3 best characters in the show.
Oct 25, 2020 6:43 AM
Apr 2019
I mean it was wrong from the beginning. Miyuki is the real chad, and people barely show any support to him.
Oct 25, 2020 6:45 AM
Oct 25, 2020 7:13 AM

Dec 2018
Seijatachiiii said:
Wait, so is it the work of bots or not??

Either that or the influence of the dub which maybe caused people to appreciate their characters even more/increased their appeal.

Ishigami I can actually understand since he got spectacular character development in S2 but Chika is a real surprise TBH since her role is still more of a comic relief in the show, not much more than that. I kinda hard have a hard time believing her topping Kaguya in favs.
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made full-metal."

~Edward Elric
Oct 25, 2020 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
Ishigami certainly deserves that top spot since he is by far the best written character in the manga/anime, the only person that comes close is Shirogane.

So all in all, I don't give much of the damn, maybe some day he with overthrow Hachiman as the most favourited slice-of-life character.
Oct 26, 2020 7:37 AM
Mar 2019
Ishigami is consistently gaining 200+ votes per day. Characters usually after a big development gain a lot and then settle down like what happened to ishigami before in the anime.To put that into perspective kaguya is only gaining 20+ votes max.
Oct 26, 2020 7:23 PM

Oct 2020
-Kami_sama- said:
Ishigami certainly deserves that top spot since he is by far the best written character in the manga/anime, the only person that comes close is Shirogane.

So all in all, I don't give much of the damn, maybe some day he with overthrow Hachiman as the most favourited slice-of-life character.
well even though Ishigami is a new reflection of the slice of life character but I think to beat the number of Hachiman's favorites it will be very difficult especially since I see the same thing as Ishigami, Hachiman is on average getting an additional 100 or more favorites every day so especially Hachiman's favorite is now more From 50 thousand, I think Ishigami can be in second place for the best slice of life character with 40 thousand favorites when this show is over.
Oct 26, 2020 8:47 PM

Sep 2011
Seijatachiiii said:
yes it was, the bots were stopped but actually getting rid of the votes require deleting the accounts themselves. Even if it was a popular character, you dont see them gain 10K favorites in stagnant months after a show has long ended.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 26, 2020 9:22 PM
Jul 2018
I'm more sad about the fact that Miko and Ishigami are more popular than Shirogane and Hayasaka.

That's a taste issue. Not a bot issue.
Oct 28, 2020 5:02 PM
Mar 2019
At the end of the day it's a matter of preference, everyone has a different opinion. It's just sad to see someone go to this much extent just because they like a certain character
Oct 28, 2020 8:48 PM

Oct 2019
Surprised at how many people seem to think this may not be a bot issue. I’m aware that Ishigami gained a lot of popularity near the end of season 2, but a character doesn’t just jump from 7k to 22k favourites so quickly, that too while the anime is not airing. This may sound like speculation but I’ve seen a similar thing happen before.

Earlier this year, I was following Oregairu and its characters quite a bit on MAL. All 3 seasons, the LN, and the characters started gaining favourites at a rapid rate. I thought this was mostly because season 3 was about to air soon so more people got into the series. But then I started following the stats section, where you can see users who add the anime to their list. Lo and behold, a whole bunch of accounts with very bot-like usernames were spamming 10s. I went over to their accounts and obviously they favourited the anime and characters as well. The 10s never got counted because thankfully MAL seems to have that part sorted, but the favourites are still there. That’s why season 2 has nearly 20k favourites. That’s why season 3 had 4k favourites before it even began airing. That’s why the OVAs have nearly 2k favourites lmao. These accounts also had some other stuff they added as favourites. SAO alicization and Date A Live are two that come to mind right now. They kept fluctuating a bit from time to time though.

But to be fair, that was around 2-3k accounts. Here I’d guess we have at the very least 11k bot accounts. So hey this one clearly stands out a lot more. God knows if/when this issue will get sorted by MAL. But rest assured, this is done by bots. Ishigami is great but he’s not actually that popular yet.
Oct 29, 2020 4:53 PM
Mar 2019
apollojeez said:
Surprised at how many people seem to think this may not be a bot issue. I’m aware that Ishigami gained a lot of popularity near the end of season 2, but a character doesn’t just jump from 7k to 22k favourites so quickly, that too while the anime is not airing. This may sound like speculation but I’ve seen a similar thing happen before.

Earlier this year, I was following Oregairu and its characters quite a bit on MAL. All 3 seasons, the LN, and the characters started gaining favourites at a rapid rate. I thought this was mostly because season 3 was about to air soon so more people got into the series. But then I started following the stats section, where you can see users who add the anime to their list. Lo and behold, a whole bunch of accounts with very bot-like usernames were spamming 10s. I went over to their accounts and obviously they favourited the anime and characters as well. The 10s never got counted because thankfully MAL seems to have that part sorted, but the favourites are still there. That’s why season 2 has nearly 20k favourites. That’s why season 3 had 4k favourites before it even began airing. That’s why the OVAs have nearly 2k favourites lmao. These accounts also had some other stuff they added as favourites. SAO alicization and Date A Live are two that come to mind right now. They kept fluctuating a bit from time to time though.

But to be fair, that was around 2-3k accounts. Here I’d guess we have at the very least 11k bot accounts. So hey this one clearly stands out a lot more. God knows if/when this issue will get sorted by MAL. But rest assured, this is done by bots. Ishigami is great but he’s not actually that popular yet.
yeah I've seen this happen before too, think we're gonna have to wait until the bots are stopped.
Oct 30, 2020 10:18 AM

May 2019
Miyuki is the least favourited of all mains right now. It's either the bots are boosting Ishigami and Chika like crazy or the fandom consists of a bunch of idiots who are probably jealous of chad Miyuki and need someone like OuR gUy Ishigami to feel good about themselves.

Or both.

Seriously. Why do people sleep on Miyuki and worship Ishigami (just like how the Oregairu fandom worships 8man)? Even Hayasaka caught up to Miyuki lol.

Chika is cute yeah but her, a comic relief character, over Kaguya? Tf?
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Oct 30, 2020 1:11 PM
May 2020
nanimeanswhat said:
Miyuki is the least favourited of all mains right now. It's either the bots are boosting Ishigami and Chika like crazy or the fandom consists of a bunch of idiots who are probably jealous of chad Miyuki and need someone like OuR gUy Ishigami to feel good about themselves.

Or both.

Seriously. Why do people sleep on Miyuki and worship Ishigami (just like how the Oregairu fandom worships 8man)? Even Hayasaka caught up to Miyuki lol.

I've seen a lot of people say they like Ishigami because he's relatable, but the fact that he dominates the main character so much is kinda weird.
Ishigami would be top 2 either way, but he's getting hard botted too much
Also to anyone saying that episode 11 made people like Ishigami even more, he was behind Kaguya when the anime finished. So the fact that he's ahead for almost 10k is making it obvious on what's going on
Oct 30, 2020 4:09 PM
Mar 2019
armchair3 said:
nanimeanswhat said:

Or both.

I've seen a lot of people say they like Ishigami because he's relatable, but the fact that he dominates the main character so much is kinda weird.
Ishigami would be top 2 either way, but he's getting hard botted too much
Also to anyone saying that episode 11 made people like Ishigami even more, he was behind Kaguya when the anime finished. So the fact that he's ahead for almost 10k is making it obvious on what's going on
dude gained 15k votes when the anime isn't even airing, put that compared to kaguya's increase of barely 1k votes and it's very obvious what's happening.
Oct 31, 2020 7:41 AM
Jan 2017
Yep , someone is using bot accounts to give ishigami the most favorites possible
And it's not just ishigami , chika , miko , maki , shirogane's Father and sister are all getting bot favorites , they all got 5 times more favorites than their favorites when the second season ended ! That doesn't make any sense
The bot accounts are ruining the mal characters favorites and not only the kaguya sama characters , i noticed that characters like levi from AOT got some insane numbers of favorites too in no time
This has to stop !
Nov 1, 2020 6:26 PM
Mar 2019
GioGio0 said:
Yep , someone is using bot accounts to give ishigami the most favorites possible
And it's not just ishigami , chika , miko , maki , shirogane's Father and sister are all getting bot favorites , they all got 5 times more favorites than their favorites when the second season ended ! That doesn't make any sense
The bot accounts are ruining the mal characters favorites and not only the kaguya sama characters , i noticed that characters like levi from AOT got some insane numbers of favorites too in no time
This has to stop !
it'll probably take a pretty long time
Nov 7, 2020 11:30 PM

Nov 2019
Haven't read the manga, but Ishigami is best boy, best girl and greatest source of entertainment in the anime for me. Dunno why people bring in the self-insert aspect sooo much, as I don't think people are that hot or have the guts to speak the brutal truth in unfavorable situations XD. Hayasaka deserves more recognition too! I mean, she can put together a computer <3

Regarding Chika, well... Let me just say I was never a fan of her. I am rather lukewarm towards Shirogane and Kaguya, but surely the manga sketches their characters better (their season 2 depiction is much better than S1). Miko is okay, I can see her having a blast in future arc(s).
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Nov 12, 2020 1:04 PM
Mar 2019
Laplace_kun said:
Haven't read the manga, but Ishigami is best boy, best girl and greatest source of entertainment in the anime for me. Dunno why people bring in the self-insert aspect sooo much, as I don't think people are that hot or have the guts to speak the brutal truth in unfavorable situations XD. Hayasaka deserves more recognition too! I mean, she can put together a computer <3

Regarding Chika, well... Let me just say I was never a fan of her. I am rather lukewarm towards Shirogane and Kaguya, but surely the manga sketches their characters better (their season 2 depiction is much better than S1). Miko is okay, I can see her having a blast in future arc(s).
i understand why people like ishigami, and I like him as well. All I'm saying is that the number of votes he's getting is just ridiculous, characters literally take multiple years to gain what he gained in a couple of months.
Nov 13, 2020 5:18 AM

Feb 2019
Laplace_kun said:

the way Ishigami's favourites growing
He will reach top 10 after 1 years
Ishigami growing abnormally (because of fan boys)
Dec 4, 2020 3:46 AM

Dec 2020
345EdwardElric said:
Seijatachiiii said:

Either that or the influence of the dub which maybe caused people to appreciate their characters even more/increased their appeal
Ah Yes, Anime community loves english dubbed shows right ! They don't even bully dub watchers or throw cringe comments when someone says they watches dub
Dec 4, 2020 9:50 AM

Nov 2020
InsideGrave said:
345EdwardElric said:

Either that or the influence of the dub which maybe caused people to appreciate their characters even more/increased their appeal
Ah Yes, Anime community loves english dubbed shows right ! They don't even bully dub watchers or throw cringe comments when someone says they watches dub
I watch dub and I prefer it. I feel like it means more to hear it rather than read it.
Dec 4, 2020 11:09 PM

Dec 2020
_omochikaerii_ said:
InsideGrave said:
I watch dub and I prefer it. I feel like it means more to hear it rather than read it.
I watch my dubs too. Sometimes it's kinda hard to read subs when something big is going on, I don't like going back again and again just to read subs or few words I missed, it's a big pain
Dec 5, 2020 5:18 AM

Nov 2020
InsideGrave said:
_omochikaerii_ said:
I watch my dubs too. Sometimes it's kinda hard to read subs when something big is going on, I don't like going back again and again just to read subs or few words I missed, it's a big pain

Yeah that's a big problem with subs, you can't watch it properly cause you're always looking at the bottom of the screen.
Dec 5, 2020 1:45 PM
Jun 2020
Well Ishimagi was the only good character of this show
But the number of the fans are kinda weirds. There are lot of characters more popular that don’t get this much votes
9ersonaDec 5, 2020 2:03 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aod-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

364 by princessukeni »»
Feb 17, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.