Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2020 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have to say, this show is weird...

Not a whole lot of expectations yet but the Wahrheit Empire itself has my interest more than the cast. Speaking of which, I wonder which one of them will get the more character development? This anime seems to have a lot of character cast but at least we got to know a little bit of Leocadio as a soldier. Also seems this anime has a degree of violence in it.
Stark700Oct 13, 2020 8:10 AM
Oct 13, 2020 9:42 AM

Apr 2020
I'll have my eye on this show as I'm interested on where the story will develop. Characters are really mid except for that commander, he's badass. Animation is subtle as well, it kinda fits the uncertain mood of the show. And that music is handled dearly, I kinda like some of the chops and the OP.

Good first episode, hoping this show go well this season.
Oct 13, 2020 10:39 AM
Oct 2012
raiderublaze said:
I'll have my eye on this show as I'm interested on where the story will develop. Characters are really mid except for that commander, he's badass. Animation is subtle as well, it kinda fits the uncertain mood of the show. And that music is handled dearly, I kinda like some of the chops and the OP.

Good first episode, hoping this show go well this season.

agree

for me this is good episode,even the animation quality its not that so good and good OP and ED
i hope this anime will be dark horse of this season
fuckinmynameOct 13, 2020 10:50 AM
Oct 13, 2020 11:36 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I like a lot of things about this. Seems like a show that takes itself seriously and there's some serious world building going on here. That said, I think it was way too rushed. I would have liked to see more of the characters before they ended up in this terrible situation.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 13, 2020 11:56 AM
Apr 2019
I feel like,did they skip many contents ?
I'm trying to understand the deal with this empire,most of which went above my head.....
the Emperor transferring more power to the diet,or something ?
Oct 13, 2020 12:16 PM
Sep 2015
It reminds me of Legend of the Galactic Heroes, what could have been a great same-sex relationship, turning into an archenemy by fate, and a lot of people will die because of their unrequited forbidden love. And since I drop Galactic Heroes, I'll drop this as well.
Oct 13, 2020 1:19 PM

Sep 2019
That innocent guy became a part of the group in few hours.
Oct 13, 2020 1:50 PM
Jul 2015
Not too bad, although I still don't know much about the world. I'll keep watching it for the redhead.

I know it's a bit early to say this, but maybe they'll stick a gacha code in the blu rays so they sell like hotcakes and we'll get a season 2.
Oct 13, 2020 1:55 PM

Nov 2016
Woah, things got intense towards the end and they got me with such a cliffhanger.

Felt kinda bland at first and I honestly don't have high hopes, however, I like the premise and setting and I'm interested to see where this goes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 13, 2020 2:04 PM
Oct 2020
I liked what I saw. I still need more information about the setting this world takes place in. The art direction and animation is a bit janky and feels off at times. But I like where this story is headed and hope the pacing isn't rushed.
Oct 13, 2020 2:15 PM

Apr 2019
Seems pretty decent, though world building needs a bit more work. Also why was that one guy shooting a shotgun from long range..?

Oct 13, 2020 3:03 PM
Jul 2019
Looks like someone's good intention, becomes a nightmare for others.....

Man, looks like everyone who has some firepower were a bunch of bad shots.
Oct 13, 2020 4:21 PM

Mar 2020
Game adaptation...........interesting.

To be honest I have no idea what is going on, but I'll watch it anyways just to see how this show will develop.

Oct 13, 2020 5:07 PM

Nov 2019

He was living happily with Leocadio, raising three children together and now he's.. dead?

It's going to change Leocadio profoundly..
Oct 13, 2020 6:03 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The starting point was already mixed up. Even though the whole plot to get to that point kinda, out of place. Still the deal with The Diet, its relations with the Empire, and 'the light' in the beginning of the episode were unknown. It seemed the information of it might dump off when the times has come in the near future. Well, so far, it might turned out into a cliche situations, like a revolutionary on the Empire that led the two opposite of naives young lads to take the biggest decision on their life. Either its a good or bad, it did not matter at all. Because, yeah, their world its just a piece of shit that might became worsen than they think before. The patience is the key, and my expectations is pretty low. At least Schaake had a nice design. So i don't have a problem to continue watching.

Lets see
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 13, 2020 6:03 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The battle was mostly pretty bad but the rest of the episode was interesting enough to, at least, keep watching a couple more episodes to see where it's going. Kinda surprised me that a game adaptation interests me a bit.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 13, 2020 7:01 PM

Jul 2017
That was both weird and interesting at the same time. The monster part kinda feels a bit random, but the part involving the military vs. smugglers seems interesting

the synopsis makes it seem like the 2 leads will journey on an adventure together, but judging from the ending I don't think the soldier dude would want to do anything with him :P
Oct 13, 2020 9:17 PM

Oct 2012
Loving the bit of world-building we got so far. It's too bad the animation is so cheap. Seems like this may be one of those stories where there's good and bad on both 'sides'.
Oct 13, 2020 10:38 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty clunky beginning. Most likely the future episodes will explain the whole empire and resistance values and what they fight for, but the whole sequence of events between a massive explosion that devastates a whole town could had been sorted in a better way.

It does bug me that neither of the guys in charge of sorting all packages question the authority of an obvious outsider not wearing any uniform or badges asking for a specific package, and more obvious when one of them is quite a good looking damsel in a tight suit in a working enviroment where all of them are guys.

The animation is also clunky, but at least it's not Haikyuu levels of terribad (Thank you Haikyu for setting a new low bar) I guess it's at least worth the 3 episode rule
Oct 14, 2020 1:35 AM

Sep 2014
DatRandomDude said:
The battle was mostly pretty bad but the rest of the episode was interesting enough to, at least, keep watching a couple more episodes to see where it's going. Kinda surprised me that a game adaptation interests me a bit.

Same thoughts. Also, those monster look too colorful against the background art and I don't get why use those big swords, especially against guns and what seems to be magic.
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Oct 14, 2020 4:16 AM

Dec 2016
The animation kinda reminded me of 91 days. And the OP and ED is kinda boring to me but it does suit this anime.

Well, the first episode didn't say much so I'm kinda confused.

So, will Leo take revenge against Inumael since he killed Zaitz?

I feel bad for Inumael. Was that necessary for Leo to put those cargos inside the truck without anyone knowing...
Oct 14, 2020 4:40 AM

Dec 2015
Not that bad. Considering it is based on some mobile game. I hope the plot won't get bad/boring. (The best would be if such anime used an original plot. But I don't know about the game here and if they adapted the game's plot faithfully.)

Chars are nice. Some big mistake and shit happening in the beginning. I guess there is no real good and evil but that mistake which in the end made the delivery guy kill the friend of the soldier male main char ... will make them big enemies.

Of course the female on the other team needed to survive. Not many other interesting female chars besides here so far.
Oct 14, 2020 7:31 AM

Apr 2009
> Random soldier randomly wants to help someone in a delivery company so plot can happen.
> Delivery guys doesn't care and lets that guy do anything without supervision
> Company ships a weapon and doesn't check -> but the receiver checks
> They imprison an employee of the company that may have had nothing to do with all of that, and sentence him to death?
> The criminals instead of letting a witness die, they take him with them. And then even don't kill him after, which is even worse.
> The most obvious character dies at the end so the main character has a revenge plot going.

ok, this is bad.
Oct 14, 2020 10:34 AM

Nov 2019
Inumael's fight-or-flight response was a bit of a dramatic cliché.. Couldn't he just kick him off her or something..

Just didn't think he reached that threshold yet for going stab-crazy on an imperial soldier..
Oct 14, 2020 10:57 AM

Apr 2020
i don't get the low score on this first episode, i found it to be one of the more captivating starters to a show this season
Oct 14, 2020 11:53 AM

Apr 2020
a lot of redheads (ΦωΦ)

this first episode was a bit messy but entertaining.
*still* don't understand why in the plot synopsis Leocardio's priority is his job and apparently he has quite a few more relatives to worry about than Inumael (who supposedly his sister is the most important)

well, maybe we'll see it later. Hope it only gets better
Oct 14, 2020 12:20 PM

Aug 2018
The first episode of this anime is okay I guess I feel like they rush some of the stories which are a little bit weird and The opening and ending of the episode reminded me of AOT
overall 5 out of 10
it's not that bad for a first episode
Oct 14, 2020 11:48 PM

Oct 2015
That guy sure is unlucky, losing his previous paycheck to gambling and is now caught up in this mess for nothing lol. Any idea if Yokohama studio is a subsidiary of Klab? seems like theyre adapting most of their games past and future (Lapis)
Oct 15, 2020 5:41 AM
Mar 2012
Leo's first day at Amazon rolled into a big oof.
OP/ED are quite unusual, both music quite nice, but seems like studio didn't have time for any visuals?
Each scene felt like a different era, a big mashup of jurassic dinos, medieval towns, low accuracy muskets, to late industrial revolution tech. Lots of worldbuilding potential, like the prison scene got a rifle with way more wood than metal.
Dual mc/pov always a welcome setup, and it's good how the intense skirmish lead to the stab that forces the mc's to confront each other.
Innu's initial impression was he weak at labor, so be interesting if he can actually fight.
And as a dual faction show, hope it doesn't go the way of Price of Smiles.
gophercgOct 15, 2020 5:45 AM
Oct 15, 2020 6:50 AM

Oct 2008
not really so sure but as a completionist let's ride.
3/5.

Oct 16, 2020 2:55 AM
May 2017
jTiKey said:
> Random soldier randomly wants to help someone in a delivery company so plot can happen.
> They imprison an employee of the company that may have had nothing to do with all of that, and sentence him to death?
> The criminals instead of letting a witness die, they take him with them. And then even don't kill him after, which is even worse.
> The most obvious character dies at the end so the main character has a revenge plot going.

ok, this is bad.

When you sum it up like this, yeah it's pretty ridiculous lol. I feel like the story is headed in a direction where we sympathize with the smugglers: they're not bad people, just outcasts and they're fighting against an oppressive society/government etc., etc.
Oct 16, 2020 3:57 PM
Apr 2014
I allways felt pity for Immanuel's imprisonment and hoped Leo could sort things out (altough he would be fired straight away tough) but...
When I saw Immanuel murder one of Leo's comrades, I just thought "Now he's done it" and dropped all that pitiness...

Great introduction!
Oct 17, 2020 1:33 PM

Mar 2014
I like the story but animation during battle was rather underwhelming. Also using swords in the era of quickly shooting guns look strange. Especially becouse the atmosphere of this anime was rather serious and then we get a battle with swords deflecting bullets.
Oct 19, 2020 7:25 AM
Jul 2014
JoshsoJB said:
jTiKey said:

ok, this is bad.

When you sum it up like this, yeah it's pretty ridiculous lol. I feel like the story is headed in a direction where we sympathize with the smugglers: they're not bad people, just outcasts and they're fighting against an oppressive society/government etc., etc.

I mean, with who you should sympathyze? The militry dictatorship?

Said so, I was here just to see if someone else was amazed by the low votes people are giving it 1 episode in.
Seriously what the fuck people, I understand that not everyone can be sold on everything but where all these 6 and below comes from? This single episode alone is better than some finales we have seen in other animes in the last 12 months.

Christ, give it some time.
Oct 19, 2020 1:10 PM

Jul 2017
Another game adaptation...having low expectations for what's to come as per usual.

A military setting, at least this is somewhat unique. Too bad that Yokohama Animation Lab still isn't quite up to the task of normal TV animation yet after Lapis Re:LiGHTs, they really need more work for experience in the action department.

Like Appare-Ranman, Naoto Hosoda is handling directing, series composition and scriptwriting, so it's essentially a 1-man job for the audience to dictate how well this'll turn out, even here in the very first episode, which is...a cluster of worries.

Leo seems like the good guy who wants to help, but not sure whether is it a good or bad thing. but all for safety. Innumael...is pretty much a scapegoat trapped within the situation between the battles or the Empire and rebels. And in a war setting, death is inevitable.

Who says friends are on the same side: Leo and Zaitz in the same regiment, and Innumael just gave the death sentence to Zaitz in an almost perfect rebel fashion, that's war for you.

Not quite sold on this yet, but the story is interesting...a bit.
Oct 20, 2020 11:09 PM
Apr 2020
An empire with inequality. Welp, after stabbing that guard, he's now an official criminal. He gained new friends, but he also gained new enemies. There's no turning back now.

OPED are both nice.

Ao_SkyOct 20, 2020 11:18 PM
Oct 21, 2020 2:50 PM

Mar 2009
Why does this remind me of Code Geass?
Oct 23, 2020 3:02 PM

Apr 2009
This was a bit wonky, but nevertheless interesting. Though you can see from the first minutes were it is heading, it does feel like the staff is putting some effort into it.

KANLen09 said:
Another game adaptation...having low expectations for what's to come as per usual.

Is this an adaptation? I thought it was just using the game as a base, kinda like Bahamut.

Oct 23, 2020 6:53 PM

Jul 2017
Jin_uzuki said:
KANLen09 said:

Is this an adaptation? I thought it was just using the game as a base, kinda like Bahamut.
Probably, it definitely looks that way though.
Oct 24, 2020 1:43 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Expected the animation to be better than that... story is fine I guess so far
Oct 28, 2020 9:08 PM

Mar 2019
Mhm....

First half boring as fuck....

Second half... interesting ending....

Ok, the Rule of 3 episodes apply here.

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Dec 12, 2020 11:12 AM

Apr 2020
I just watched the first episode. Is this a continually complex work because of the beginning's misunderstanding? And who is the real MC?
The world outlook gives me an impression of confusion. At first, I thought that the era was the middle ages, but it was not. It was wholly based on its unique world outlook. There's magic in it too. In short, I think the role design of the girl is excellent, maybe because the original work is a social game. Also, I wish it can have a good plot follow-up.

Mar 1, 2021 1:35 AM

Jul 2015
We all know the classic quote from Aesop: "No act of kindness, how small, is ever wasted". But I guess thats a damn lie seeing Leocadio's kind act caused his friend Zaitz to be killed and also Innumael got roped into this stuff. So far this series looks interesting. looking forward to see how this unfolds

More topics from this board

» The game (possible spoilers)

TamagoKaito3 - Dec 25, 2020

7 by Furyo_enjoyer »»
Dec 11, 2022 5:17 AM

Poll: » Magatsu Wahrheit: Zuerst Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2020

45 by Guts-Valley »»
Oct 6, 2021 8:22 PM

Poll: » Magatsu Wahrheit: Zuerst Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Dec 29, 2020

54 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 25, 2021 10:58 PM

Poll: » Magatsu Wahrheit: Zuerst Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 22, 2020

24 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 25, 2021 10:22 PM

Poll: » Magatsu Wahrheit: Zuerst Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 15, 2020

27 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 25, 2021 9:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.