Forum Settings
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2020 4:35 PM

Feb 2018
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
There is nothing exciting other than an arc graduation and I don't want to talk about anything other than that. If you want to discuss that please write it below, I will look at one by one.

Graduation is the thing most eagerly awaited by students, Unfortunately Tatsuya passed as a technical engineering E class Meanwhile, Miyuki and Lina graduated with level A magicians. For those of you who are interested in Erika, she graduated as a level F magician (too bad).

What's interesting here is the scene where Tatsuya and Ichijo are fighting over Miyuki. Ichijou met Lina and I think Ichijou here is interested in Lina. I think Lina is really pretty and I don't understand why Ichijou isn't interested in Lina.

Tatsuya and Masaki argued about Miyuki, Masaki really wanted Miyuki to be his lover, even though Masaki already knew that Tatsuya was Miyuki's fiancee. Masaki said that "Tatsuya loved Miyuki as a sister not as a girl". (I think I've read a prologue like this before and yeah, it's a different series so let's forget about it.)

After all, Tatsuya was still insistent and wanted that Miyuki to be his fiancee not someone else's, onii sama was just too selfish. While Tatsuya entered the Magic University, he only minimally attends the lectures and spends most of his time in his laboratory in Miyakijima. He often quit midway through the course, and his credits were not good, and he was definitely a poor student in terms of grades at the university.

Unlike Tatsuya, Miyuki continues to be an honor student in the university. However, she and Tatsuya act separately more and more often than not, and Miyuki, who had envisioned a "campus life for both of them", was getting frustrated in that regard.

End ~

If you have any questions about Mahouka completely or need spoiler, you can ask here. I will try to handle this and give my answers and opinions as best I can.
Oct 13, 2020 4:10 PM

Aug 2013
It's always good to read more Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei content and I'm sad to see that this is the final volume of it.

So this volume is divided into two parts called "Sacrifice Arc" and "Graduation Arac".

For the Sacrifice Arc, we see the USNA trying to recruit Tatsuya to join them but of course, Tatsuya refuses. We also got to witness the hate the magic association has for Tatsuya simply because he refused to take part in Dione Project and also do their bidding. The Kanto branch manager, Doumeki, had an awful personality. The Yotsuba family showed their huge influence with the Minister of Defense call to the head of the association. And then you have the Ten Master Clan conference, trying to talk about Tatsuya's actions.

In this arc, we still see the continuation of Minoru vs Tatsuya. In my opinion, I think this whole Minoru thing has been unnecessarily been stretch out. Minoru ended up being a strong opponent for Tatsuya. Tatsuya's goal of trying to save Minoru was a bit surprising for me.
Minami ending up choosing to become a parasite was also a surprise and her and Minoru choosing to sleep for the rest of their lives through magic, basically hibernation. Though in the epilogue, we see that they instead will be both be living in space. Also, I can picture how happy Raymond was when he and the rest of the parasite in the USNA got send to a one-way ticket to space. At least with Minoru and Minami, they will be able to come down and get provisions every now and then, which is more humane.

As for the Graduation Arc, the highlight was Tatsuya's fistfight against Masaki. This might be Tasuya's first time that his emotion took the better of him. I think the only time was the Okinawa incident that happened back in volume 8. I just couldn't hold back my laughter.

The epilogue basically tells us what happened in the next two and a half years after graduation. It was interesting to read.

As I said at the beginning, it's sad to see this go but all good things must come to an end. Though there is the "The Magian Company", a sequel to look forward to.
I'm also going to reread this one at some point.

Oct 13, 2020 6:28 PM

Feb 2018
Leo said:
The epilogue basically tells us what happened in the next two and a half years after graduation. It was interesting to read.
Ehhh ... I thought that was the case before, I mean before graduation, thanks for this .... looks like I'm going to reread the epilogue scene.
Oct 17, 2020 4:44 AM

Sep 2020
It has been a long journey and it has finally come to an end

A lot of things I wanted to happen has been granted
-The sight of the Foreign nations and the National defense force tucking their tail before Godsuya
-Godsuya not giving an f towards the Master clans and the association anymore
-Conclusion to Minoru's chase which has been way stretched than it should have been

but what probably most stood out to me was Tatsuya's outcry at the graduation scene, I know we've all been waiting for this for a long time and its finally here!!

Its quite sad that there are some aspects that could have been further expanded upon, maybe they could explore those further in the possible sequel Magic Company?
Oct 17, 2020 9:03 AM

Feb 2018
Gekkykyou said:
maybe they could explore those further in the possible sequel Magic Company?
I agree with u, I also heard that Mahouka is getting a sequel. Ma, I'm also a little doubtful about this.

Godsuya x Oniisama
Nov 23, 2020 6:35 AM
Oct 2020
Why there is no one discussing magian company vol 1?
Nov 23, 2020 9:03 PM

Aug 2013
Takao_Bl00driver said:
Why there is no one discussing magian company vol 1?

There is a sperate forum for Magian company.

Nov 25, 2020 5:04 AM

Jun 2012
I agree to the sentiment that the sacrifice arc wasn't that interesting. I mean we all knew that volumes 30 & 31 were the climax of these long parasite/invasion arc and that bit of confrontation between Tatsuya and Minoru is just a closure of all this loose ends. We do get the somewhat bittersweet end which is them, Minoru and Minami finally finding their peace but in a form of hibernation but it's not really that grand or anything. It's just okay~ish as a conclusion. I'll still give credit to Minoru that he still stand to his cause and managed to make Tatsuya compromised to him, or maybe it's also Minami's credit. But that still didn't change my mind that it's really baffling to see the relationship between Minami and Minoru, their dynamics is simply just not that understandable and interesting, it's honestly awkward in fact. Anyway, good riddance to Minoru XD

As for that graduation act, I've got mixed feelings about it. It's amazing in both good and bad reasons. It's way too out of the norm, of course I understood that Tatsuya have been sighted to lose himself time and time again when it comes to Miyuki but that slugfest takes the cake so far. I cringe, I laughed, I felt awestruck and amazed all at the same time. If I were to compare myself in the crowd there, my reaction is similar to Erika and Leo I guess. Well, at the very least, this is the first step that Tatsuya did in order to present himself as a man and not as a brother anymore for Miyuki regardless of that frivolous scenario.

As for the epilogue, or rather, the two years summary, it's cool to know how everyone is doing but it's also sad that any possible trouble or interesting events at their new environment were cut out. I could already picture it in my mind how Mayumi could have played pranks on them again or how Ichijou is wagging his tail again in front of Miyuki and stuff like that or how some of the remnants of Doumeki or Saeki moving to hinder Tatsuya again in the background.

I would also like to take note that there never was a proof that the relationship with Tatsuya and Aoba isn't clarified to everlasting, I mean if there is still a person or an organization that could antagonize him, it's gonna be that shady sponsor Toudo. It was also surprising that Hayama is not really meant to be an employee in the Yotsuba clan as intended in the past, a mysterious butler is always cool I guess.

Anyway, aside from all of these speculation or foreshadowed..... perhaps, I can't really gather all my words for the series overall right now, I'll do that some other day but at the very least, I can proudly say that I did enjoy the majority of their journey in high school. I'm really looking forward to what could transpire in the sequel in the Magian company.
Dec 5, 2020 8:19 PM
Apr 2017
so i only got some short sums from ppl for vols after the anime season 1 but as far as i knew they were a real siblings and kinda was going to get marries plus up to vol 31 they didnt even kiss. Was there any change to their relationship in the end or what happened. I know incest isn't good but this whole series was kind about her loving him. Did she finally knew she is his real sister(i think Maya told her he is her cousin?).
Jan 8, 2021 7:24 PM

Aug 2019
Hey guys
I would like to ask you were can i read the light novel and from where should i start after season 2 ?
Feb 2, 2021 11:22 AM

Sep 2020
Nkyoma said:
Hey guys
I would like to ask you were can i read the light novel and from where should i start after season 2 ?

For official releases you can go to bookwalker/amazon (english releases are way behind; only half is currently translated, JP releases on the other hand is already finished and can also be bought on said stores)

If you cant read japanese but still want to read it then you can try sites like https://www.novelupdates.com

As for where to start, S2 covered volume 9-11 so volume 12. However it probably will be much better to start from the first volume to not get confused with the terminologies the novels will used, also to fill in the gaps that the anime wasnt able to cover; volume 8 and volume 5 and some minor scenes just to name a few
Feb 2, 2021 10:25 PM

Aug 2019
A1ter_00 said:
Nkyoma said:
Hey guys

For official releases you can go to bookwalker/amazon (english releases are way behind; only half is currently translated, JP releases on the other hand is already finished and can also be bought on said stores)

If you cant read japanese but still want to read it then you can try sites like https://www.novelupdates.com

As for where to start, S2 covered volume 9-11 so volume 12. However it probably will be much better to start from the first volume to not get confused with the terminologies the novels will used, also to fill in the gaps that the anime wasnt able to cover; volume 8 and volume 5 and some minor scenes just to name a few
ok thank u for ur help
Feb 5, 2021 8:30 PM

Sep 2020
Hejtero said:
so i only got some short sums from ppl for vols after the anime season 1 but as far as i knew they were a real siblings and kinda was going to get marries plus up to vol 31 they didnt even kiss. Was there any change to their relationship in the end or what happened. I know incest isn't good but this whole series was kind about her loving him. Did she finally knew she is his real sister(i think Maya told her he is her cousin?).

Yes, theyre a 100% blood related. The cousin thing is all a ruse to make the engagement/marriage possible. They also both know theyre blood related, Tatsuya has an ability to see anything in a molecular level (elemental sight; its more like seeing the information of things but this is a way better way to phrase it so Ill go with this) so he knew from the start. After the meeting with Maya (she confirmed that they are in fact blood related) he told everything to Miyuki.
Even though everyone is calling this an incest anime nothing of that sort actually happen (ofc they also never kissed). In short what youre currently seeing is what youll get throughout the whole series (maybe except Tatsuya admitting his feelings).
Feb 25, 2021 8:39 AM

Dec 2019
Overall, Mahouka has to be one of my favorite light novel series. It gave an intriguing world and political landscape that I am eager to see more of. Of course, we can't forgive Godsuya and his OPness shining in every volume.

I thought this last volume was good. Just a bit caught off guard by that whole cliche fight over Miyuki between Tatsuya and Masaki; couldn't stop laughing at the ridiculousness.

On to Magian Company!
Here we go again...
Mar 13, 2021 5:37 PM
Dec 2019
Syureria said:
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
There is nothing exciting other than an arc graduation and I don't want to talk about anything other than that. If you want to discuss that please write it below, I will look at one by one.

Graduation is the thing most eagerly awaited by students, Unfortunately Tatsuya passed as a technical engineering E class Meanwhile, Miyuki and Lina graduated with level A magicians. For those of you who are interested in Erika, she graduated as a level F magician (too bad).

What's interesting here is the scene where Tatsuya and Ichijo are fighting over Miyuki. Ichijou met Lina and I think Ichijou here is interested in Lina. I think Lina is really pretty and I don't understand why Ichijou isn't interested in Lina.

Tatsuya and Masaki argued about Miyuki, Masaki really wanted Miyuki to be his lover, even though Masaki already knew that Tatsuya was Miyuki's fiancee. Masaki said that "Tatsuya loved Miyuki as a sister not as a girl". (I think I've read a prologue like this before and yeah, it's a different series so let's forget about it.)

After all, Tatsuya was still insistent and wanted that Miyuki to be his fiancee not someone else's, onii sama was just too selfish. While Tatsuya entered the Magic University, he only minimally attends the lectures and spends most of his time in his laboratory in Miyakijima. He often quit midway through the course, and his credits were not good, and he was definitely a poor student in terms of grades at the university.

Unlike Tatsuya, Miyuki continues to be an honor student in the university. However, she and Tatsuya act separately more and more often than not, and Miyuki, who had envisioned a "campus life for both of them", was getting frustrated in that regard.

End ~

If you have any questions about Mahouka completely or need spoiler, you can ask here. I will try to handle this and give my answers and opinions as best I can.

wow this is very helpfulšŸ‘šŸ‘ I've read this light novel and it stopped at volume 20 or 21 I forgot a little and I know this anime is getting a season 2 adaptation makes me excited. oh yeah what about the relationship between Mizuki and Mikihiko, have they both become a couple ??
Mar 13, 2021 5:51 PM
Jan 2015
Syureria said:
I think Lina is really pretty and I don't understand why Ichijou isn't interested in Lina.
No, just no. Lina deserves someone better than that douche. Glad Satou doesn't appear to be going down that route.
My Queens

Mar 14, 2021 12:11 AM

Feb 2018
Ghefira said:
oh yeah what about the relationship between Mizuki and Mikihiko, have they both become a couple ??
idk, I'm throwing this series away.

-Mahesvara said:
No, just no. Lina deserves someone better than that douche. Glad Satou doesn't appear to be going down that route.
Glad to hear that, really like Lina.... That's hurt if i see Line with
Jun 5, 2021 10:47 AM
Jan 2018
I liked the ending and I found the epilogue very satisfactory, except for the part with Minoru and Minami, I think the ending of them living in "eternal sleep" was perfect and I thought it was a bit exaggerated that they wake up and go live in a space station just for the cliché of happy ending
Aug 2, 2023 9:45 AM
Aug 2021
What was that ending?

The whole Minami and Minoru thing just seems a bit random, don't see how the "shadow rulers" would be happy about it. Even more so, about them being able to live in space and come and go as they please. I also don't understand Minami's whole reasoning for it?

The fight with Ichijo was dumb but I guess it led to the "riding into the sunset" type moment.

Tatsuya is getting low grades in University, how?

Just giving the technology to America? They'll be able to out finance and construct the Yotsuba. Get help yeah bur just giving the tech would miff off your investors and slash heavily into their profits.

The "we can send mega structures into space with just 3 people, not fuel in just a minute" is possibly the biggest financial opportunity in history, forget about the "Stellar Furnace"

Obviously, pairing wise Erica or Lina should have won out (don't really care which (probably Lina)), then Mayumi would be next best, then Honoka.
Aug 2, 2023 9:52 AM
Aug 2021
StarZone1 said:
What was that ending?

The whole Minami and Minoru thing just seems a bit random, don't see how the "shadow rulers" would be happy about it. Even more so, about them being able to live in space and come and go as they please. I also don't understand Minami's whole reasoning for it?

The fight with Ichijo was dumb but I guess it led to the "riding into the sunset" type moment.

Tatsuya is getting low grades in University, how?

Just giving the technology to America? They'll be able to out finance and construct the Yotsuba. Get help yeah bur just giving the tech would miff off your investors and slash heavily into their profits.

The "we can send mega structures into space with just 3 people, not fuel in just a minute" is possibly the biggest financial opportunity in history, forget about the "Stellar Furnace"

Obviously, pairing wise Erica or Lina should have won out (don't really care which (probably Lina)), then Mayumi would be next best, then Honoka.

Also, whatever happened to Mayumi's engagement request? It was made and then nothing came of it, no further mentions? She stopped acting like she wanted to be with Tatsuya and never made an attempt even though the novel made out like it was a big thing that the request was made after Tatsuya and Miyuki's engagement was formalised. She even sided against Tatsuya on occasion? At least Maisaki kept trying. Feel like the author just completely forgot this plot point...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Volume 24 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Sep 21, 2018

2 by StarZone1 »»
Jul 22, 2023 10:22 PM

» English translations

dadroo - Jan 26, 2023

2 by dadroo »»
Jan 26, 2023 2:36 AM

» [spoiler] Shiba Tatsuya & Miyuki

Syureria - Aug 25, 2020

16 by zensh »»
Jul 11, 2022 10:52 AM

» Mahouka Koukou no Retoussei Volume 16 Discussion/Spoilers *major spoilers*

Lolcats1997 - Jul 13, 2015

17 by zensh »»
Jul 11, 2022 10:50 AM

» The Charm of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Dloplor - Apr 18, 2022

0 by Dloplor »»
Apr 18, 2022 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.