Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2020 7:27 AM

Aug 2016
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
Attack on Titan: Harsh Mistress of the City VOLUME 1 Discussion
So as big Attack on Titan fan, I got my hands on this, little 2 volumes light novel spin off. I think SnK as whole is amazing and I am thrilled with every manga chapter or anime episode, spin-offs, don't work for me as much. I didn't really like Before the fall manga in those, I dunno, 10 chapters I read, like, at all, but maybe I will try to give this another chance. This light novel works much better for me so far.

I have volume 2 ready, so I will dig in soon, what's odd, I really like Rita's chapters, or parts of story, as name of novel suggest this is what's it gonna be about, I was expecting harsh story of military rule over besieged city, with hard decision to make to control populace and it's resources. There isn't much of this, just glimps and teasing so far, it's much more focused on Mathias, boy who is trying to save her. And so far, even though it's interesting, it seems to be classic... let's say, OVA adventure, boy and girls fighting outlaws in situation created by weird circumstances? If they gonna solve this part and bring attention to city as whole, in volume 2, Mathias could be bureaucrat and logistic planner Rita desperately needs, so far it seems it's going to be more about adventure fight about treasure x love. It's not bad, it's not what name of novel suggest so far, though. Rita is reasonable person doing her best, with people acting more or less reasonably, while I was expecting a story about her turning in sadistic dictator in order for city to survive as whole.

Quick edit: It would be pretty cool OVA episode as Levi's Choice with no Regrets, though.
Martin_TaylorOct 16, 2020 9:33 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2021 7:30 AM
Sep 2019
Um... so I just have a question
Is there any possiblity this light novel gets a manga adaptation ? Just like what happened with Before the Fall.
It was dope story to read.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: Kakuzetsu Toshi no Joou Volume 2 Discussion

Martin_Taylor - Oct 16, 2020

3 by Martin_Taylor »»
Jul 18, 2023 1:34 PM

» Anime adaptation

Ayako_Rose - May 2, 2022

0 by Ayako_Rose »»
May 2, 2022 8:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.