Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 12, 2020 5:50 PM
Jul 2015
I always find it uncomfortable when an adult reincarnates in a child's body and gets a love interest of that child's age. In this case, the guy inside is still mentally 100% adult, so it just feels very wrong. I hope it doesn't get developed... Or that they grow up to a suitable age
Oct 12, 2020 6:21 PM

Nov 2014
Yeah, it's pretty gross. No matter what hormones your new body produces, you shouldn't suddenly be horny for children.
Quality Queen.
Oct 12, 2020 8:12 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I still don't like the animation, and I wish this has more of Bookworm's mix of things Myne is good at + things she's terrible at as a result of growing up in the modern age, but the story is nice and peaceful. OP protagonists are generally less annoying when they aren't running around beating up people all the time.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Oct 13, 2020 3:57 AM

Jun 2019
So basically, Ryouma is an OP character just like Rimuru but the only difference is Ryouma's a human and Rimuru's a slime.
Oct 13, 2020 1:25 PM
Mar 2019
This episode was very easygoing... I like that I can watch this laid-back anime and just relax. Nothing bad is going to happen, nothing catastrophic is in store. It's isekai junk food and I love it!

That being said, a few notes:
- Mother figure is TOO affectionate
- Romantic undertones with a girl his age... in the new world. His soul is 39 years old (make of that what you will
- MC is OP, and I don't even care.

This will be my isekai trash viewing of the season.
Oct 13, 2020 1:50 PM

Aug 2013
Another awesome episode. I'm so glad that I picked up this series.
Except these 3D horses of course.
RAWRfizzz said:
Yeah, it's pretty gross. No matter what hormones your new body produces, you shouldn't suddenly be horny for children.

Not sure if it's trolling or..
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 13, 2020 5:17 PM

Nov 2014
rsc-pl said:
RAWRfizzz said:

Right, the idea that a 40-something year old should not be attracted to a ten-year-old is ludicrously trollish.
Quality Queen.
Oct 13, 2020 5:29 PM

Aug 2013
RAWRfizzz said:
rsc-pl said:

Right, the idea that a 40-something year old should not be attracted to a ten-year-old is ludicrously trollish.

If you seriously:
1. Can't distinguish fiction from reality
2. Can't understand the concept of reincarnation
3. Both of these above

Then you're either a troll or you have serious mental problems.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 13, 2020 7:23 PM

Nov 2014
rsc-pl said:
RAWRfizzz said:

If you seriously:
3. Both of these above

rsc-pl said:
RAWRfizzz said:

If you seriously:
3. Both of these above

He reincarnated with his memories intact. 39 years of memories. Of being an adult. It's pretty obvious that this is not okay. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you. Either way, spending more effort trying to explain this would be pointless, so have a nice day, I'm out. You'll get it or you won't.
Quality Queen.
Oct 13, 2020 11:18 PM
Feb 2020
I wish the furries weren't part, the girl from this episode is more than enough of a romantic interest

Between this and kawaii, I've got my cute shows covered
BastionoOct 13, 2020 11:34 PM
Oct 14, 2020 1:48 AM

Oct 2008
The ED song by MindaRyn is catchy! really good!
this is such a truly wholesome show!
5/5.

Oct 14, 2020 9:01 AM

Apr 2015
Starting to get a little concerned over the fact that a 30-40 year old man who gets isekai'd appears to be trending towards a crush on a girl who is maybe 12 at the oldest. Since he's retained his memories it's a little bit weird.
DUUUVALOct 14, 2020 9:07 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2020 1:41 PM

Oct 2008
I don't know why and if you ask me I can't point out exactly what in this episode/series is responsible for it, but I feel good watching this...
It's that weird? I just... feel good watching it!
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Oct 14, 2020 1:53 PM

Oct 2008
Gawr-Gura said:
Starting to get a little concerned over the fact that a 30-40 year old man who gets isekai'd appears to be trending towards a crush on a girl who is maybe 12 at the oldest. Since he's retained his memories it's a little bit weird.

You know what... I don't. Maybe because it's an anime and it represents him as a child from the very start, but I don't see any bad about potential future feelings with the girl... It would be much worse if he got "feelings" for the wife... Because he is a child in appearance and all... and physically too...

It wasn't Fairy Tail that made the ice-guy a kid and he started to have children's thoughts and attributes, like increasing imagination and creativity and all?? Watching the main char. in this series just gave the feeling that he is actually a child, thus I don't see any problem relating him with other children... Again, maybe because it's an anime, but he is still a child... at least from my point of view.
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Oct 14, 2020 2:16 PM

Oct 2008
RAWRfizzz said:
rsc-pl said:

If you seriously:
3. Both of these above

He reincarnated with his memories intact. 39 years of memories. Of being an adult. It's pretty obvious that this is not okay. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you. Either way, spending more effort trying to explain this would be pointless, so have a nice day, I'm out. You'll get it or you won't.

But the problem is that rsc-pl is right... you see an old guy when everything he is represented it's by a young boy. Yes, he has his memories, but that's what reincarnation is.
I don't know what you would expect (because reincarnation it's a fiction for us IRL), but try to see this from the other perspective, IF he had spicy feelings (that he doesn't have until now, so we will be based on that assumption) and it was directed to one of the maids or the Duque's wife, it wouldn't be even weirder than that?? A young boy (10s yo) having "feelings" for a 30s woman?? And what if it was reciprocal?? Wouldn't that be even worse??
With that in mind, what do you expect for ppl that reincarnates?? Never felt for someone again?? That's stupid!!

The real problem is... err... not want to make you feel bad or anything, but... the problem is really your mind. YOU see an old guy in a kid body (well, it kinda is), you see a desire for adulthood where there isn't, and you don't see a child when it's that what he really is right now...

Because this is an anime, you need to see what it's shown and not what you think will happen, because:
1 - reincarnation isn't real
2 - this is fiction, with fictional chars. in a fictional world, with fictional reactions, fictional thoughts, fictional feelings, fictional anatomies, fictional... (you know what I mean)

If the anime is showing you a kid, you need to see it as a kid!
r_justoOct 14, 2020 2:25 PM
Oct 14, 2020 8:25 PM
Apr 2020
Zealous mom is so funny. lol

Oct 16, 2020 5:55 AM
Jan 2016
RAWRfizzz said:
rsc-pl said:

If you seriously:
3. Both of these above

rsc-pl said:

If you seriously:
3. Both of these above

Read the manga. Ryoma's adult memories and mind will transform into that of his actual age, basically his body is reverting his mindset to fit the world. I do get where you are coming from about a 42 year old man falling in love with a 10 year old girl though. Just thought I should drop this bit of info
Oct 17, 2020 6:24 AM

Jul 2017
Oh ho, "That's How I Met Your Mother" family vibes? Certainly have the Isekai Bookworm feeling.

Reinhart's family is HUGE, and even to that extent is Ryoma's OP powers that's as surprising to the outside people. But for the family daughter Eliaria who wants to tame a slime, a cleaner slime at that towards a slime tamer master.

Other than that, an outside trip for Ryoma, just like how Myne started hers in the same fashion.

For an Isekai with less action and more light-hearted fanfare, this is calm and collected.

Oct 17, 2020 2:17 PM

Jan 2009
prrgangsta said:
kuro-kun3001 said:
yes he will , it will birds , you see them in opening

Let's just hope they will at least improve animation when one of rare fight's start.
Oct 18, 2020 5:52 AM

Sep 2007
For the birds :

About this second episode, it's like the first, with the new slime discovered.
For the bird, i think we will have to wait a lot of time, they are like on volume 4 of the light novel if i'm not wrong.

ShiroiRyuOct 18, 2020 5:56 AM
Oct 25, 2020 1:05 AM

May 2015
The kid already got a girl his age and a milf into his harem without him even knowing
Nov 2, 2020 3:39 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Learning that the goblin loincloth wasn't supposed to be deep brown was the biggest shock to me.;;
Also, what the heck? I don't think telling her like that deserved a slap but uh okay?? It wasn't that bad.

Those were some reeeally jarring horses.;;;; Also wait wait wait wait, is the butler ACTUALLY named Sebas? The stereotypical name they give to a lot of butlers in Japan? Tell me they didn't.;; Also, that carriage is pretty well-lit... >>;;

I'ma be honest with you, our MC comes off as a little to overpowered. Like I get WHY, but it kinda feels like he has the solution to like every problem, and that's just boring and kinda Marty Stu-ish. Like, I much prefer to see a MC who is being challenged, not just someone who is the answer. And like I said, I get it. He's been through a lot, he was given power, time, and so on. They hint that his flaw is that he lacks common sense of the world, but that comes off as just words to me because he seems to be doing just fine. He apparently had more tact and common sense than Hughes, so... >>;; It like they say he has the flaw, but in practice, he doesn't so what up? I mean at least in the first episode, he was speaking not so great. Seems he's over that now so I dunno. Now it's just... eh.

I mean, I'm still in, but mn... I can already see the anime has already taken a slight turn... Like, show me more challenges and I'll be good.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 5, 2020 3:15 AM

Jan 2015
Elia is so sweet and cute aww <3 I like how she wanted to have her own slime and was really excited finally getting one! Lol'd at how Ryouma was too embarrassed to tell her how to get a laundry machine slime and then there was one guy who just went ahead and said it (poor guy).
It kinda makes sense why a cleaning slime would get attracted to something dirty, it's like having some dirt on your coat and teasing your friend to clean it. It's just weird that it has to be dirty bath water lol.

Was also nice seeing everyone's reaction at Ryoum and how amazing he is, seeing him transform slimes into one big slime, how capable he is at living with slimes and seeing their reactions at seeing different varations of slimes. At one point, I think maids were legit scared of losing their jobs to that cleaning slime lol and i just love how similar he is to a laundry machine lol.

I liked seeing butler store real animals(horses) in his "dimension pocket" lol.
I liked seeing one woman comment on Ryouma being a jack of all trades but a master of none and then Ryouma would remember his grandmother(one of the gods) mention that.

Btw I wonder if MC is the one who made the statue to Gods, cause I doubt it existed before him.

I'm glad that he left his home place, seeing him being all friendly with slimes in a 0 danger environment is pretty boring, I wanna see him get out and "explore" the world, seeing him struggle and challenge himself, maybe we'll see some of other interesting characters, that he would otherwise would not meet, being all stuck in that forest ( he even mentioned how he didn't meet any people in 3 years)

Some of the screenshots that I took

HirugikuNov 5, 2020 3:37 AM
Mar 14, 2021 5:21 AM

Jul 2015
Respect to Ryouma for teaching the duke's daughter Elia on the power of loli girl bathwater to catch some slimes and getting to stuff his head in between the bossoms of the duke's wife.

Apr 4, 2021 8:03 PM

May 2010
RAWRfizzz said:

Well, consider the other option. He's mentally 39, so he reincarnates into a 10 year old's body, and retains his preference for adults. Now if he acts on his preference, he's literally a child trying to seduce adults, which is super creepy!

Like, this is actually a tough problem! If I reincarnate into a kid's body, then am I forced to choose between either being a pedophile or trying to convert other adults into being pedophiles? No matter who I am attracted to, it's gonna be messed up. Is the only option to renounce all sexuality?
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 4, 2021 9:27 PM

Nov 2014
Seabury said:
RAWRfizzz said:

Well, consider the other option. He's mentally 39, so he reincarnates into a 10 year old's body, and retains his preference for adults. Now if he acts on his preference, he's literally a child trying to seduce adults, which is super creepy!

Like, this is actually a tough problem! If I reincarnate into a kid's body, then am I forced to choose between either being a pedophile or trying to convert other adults into being pedophiles? No matter who I am attracted to, it's gonna be messed up. Is the only option to renounce all sexuality?

Does a ten year old actually need to form sexual relationships either way? Shouldn't he wait until an appropriate age like one would in the real world? I'm not saying he needs to be a role model for purity or anything but the logical thing would be to wait for the age of consent, right?
Quality Queen.
Apr 5, 2021 2:47 PM

May 2010
RAWRfizzz said:
Seabury said:

Does a ten year old actually need to form sexual relationships either way? Shouldn't he wait until an appropriate age like one would in the real world? I'm not saying he needs to be a role model for purity or anything but the logical thing would be to wait for the age of consent, right?

Okay, fair enough, he can hold off on relationships until he's an adult. But then he's now going to be 50 years old for real in a 20 year old's body, so it would still be considered rather creepy to go after people his own physical age. It's not something that bothers me, but he would still be not be kosher by societal standards.

In other words, screw getting reincarnated LOL!
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 6, 2021 12:32 PM

Nov 2014
Seabury said:
RAWRfizzz said:

Okay, fair enough, he can hold off on relationships until he's an adult. But then he's now going to be 50 years old for real in a 20 year old's body, so it would still be considered rather creepy to go after people his own physical age. It's not something that bothers me, but he would still be not be kosher by societal standards.

In other words, screw getting reincarnated LOL!

Basically. Seriously though, if I get reincarnated, take my memories, please. There are so many messed up things about isekai reincarnation that we try not to think about. But I'm messed up, so I can't help thinking about them. šŸ˜†
Quality Queen.
Apr 28, 2021 4:30 AM

Sep 2012
RAWRfizzz said:
Seabury said:

@Seabury

where did u see anything sexual? i sure didn't, blush doesn't equal sexual

i doubt hes mentally same age he was before sins kid brain isn't capable for grown up mentality it depends how dev hes brain is some are capable of bit higher maturity but not to fully grown person lvl so biology also limits us, u would have to be a brain expert to say that hes adult in child's body in other words to argue against what i said

biology prevents kids to be with fully adult mind/maturity sure some are more mature but it has its limit, brain needs to grow/dev so if u put adult in child's body hes maturity will degrade to

like one guy said

r_justo said:
I love it when people "forget" about key-parts just for their "assumptions" and opinions to be valid -.-

Nowhere in this series is shown that Ryoma is anything but a child with adult knowledge, which means... well basically that, that he is a kid that has knowledge about stuff like an adult.
People are forcing the "34yo inside 11yo body" theory a little too much. The series itself explains that it is based on theories that we are not used to, like "reborn" and "age regression", but they still don't care about the facts AND based like IRL. Why not just enjoy the series and don't mind about things that (1st they are impossible, and 2nd) nobody understands fully.

Just relax and have a good time. (and don't destroy other's people joy)

EDIT:
if u have issues with this things then good solution is: u half to look how mature hes behavior is, is it 18+ or below it does he act more like a kid or not

Sugram22Apr 28, 2021 7:03 AM
Apr 28, 2021 6:35 AM

May 2010
Don't worry, I enjoyed the series just fine, you might have overestimated how serious the conversation between me and RAWRfizz was. Sorry if I "destroyed other people's joy", I was just interested in who I'm even allowed to be attracted to if I reincarnate into a kid's body.

Someone upthread mentioned that in the manga, it's explained a bit better that his body reverts his mindset and memories to the body's age.
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 28, 2021 7:07 AM

Sep 2012
Seabury said:
Don't worry, I enjoyed the series just fine, you might have overestimated how serious the conversation between me and RAWRfizz was. Sorry if I "destroyed other people's joy", I was just interested in who I'm even allowed to be attracted to if I reincarnate into a kid's body.

Someone upthread mentioned that in the manga, it's explained a bit better that his body reverts his mindset and memories to the body's age.

added u to the quote so u see my txt to (so u get notification to cause quoting to duple quote like i did would only notify RAWRfizzz) but it was addressed to RAWRfizzz but sins it was conversation between u2 and i joined in i thought u should get notification to

there are other anime's like that to in one the kid was perve :D
and some ppl make this in to way 2big of a issue (more of a issue then RAWRfizzz did) :D

u didn't ruin my joy 2nd time watching it

Seabury said:
I was just interested in who I'm even allowed to be attracted to if I reincarnate into a kid's body.

that's a good question

but some ppl are adaptive to the situation and some see almost awry female as woman who is 14 - 40+ for example se them equally (they wouldn't feel its wrong to start a family with some1 who is 14 if our sys/would be different like in old ages just like they feel about 30+ woman) but cause of common sense they don't target some1 who is 14, it would be easy for them to adept to this situation

if that would happen to me (reincarnation) i prefer if my memory is intact (i mean keep my memory in next life) cause then u get a sense of immortality, no idea how i would deal with the rest but at least i feel like immortal :D

ofc overlord style would be better, like reincarnated in some world in ur game chars body, i prefer new world in god mode

Sugram22Apr 29, 2021 12:54 AM
Mar 9, 2022 4:47 PM

May 2008
Is there ANYTHING that this kid can't do? Any time a a skill is needed to complete a task, this kid not only knows it, he knows it better than anyone else on earth.

Someone please shoot me
Nov 29, 2022 10:23 AM
Jun 2022
nice this video :3
Feb 13, 2023 4:22 PM
Jul 2020
preaty average serias with a childish tone. depending on what you are looking for , you might like it or not but deffinetely there are better shows with similar premise and tone
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2020

102 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 11, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2020

82 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 11, 11:36 AM

» Jamil duchy knows about isekai protagonists. / Eliara is prophecised chosen one.

KuroudoAkabane - May 4, 2022

4 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 11, 9:55 AM

» this kid is like 8. Why cant he just be a normal age

Toxic_Hollow - Feb 13, 2021

2 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 11, 9:53 AM

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko Episode 11 Discussion

Ringare - Dec 13, 2020

33 by HanamiDango »»
Jun 2, 2023 11:36 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.