Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 15, 2020 3:35 PM
Jan 2015
KeenPinn said:
It felt like this show never tried to explore characters much and we'll probably see the same thing with this season.
That has been one of the major flaws of this adaption(well most adaptions tbf). For example, there was some pretty interesting information revealed about Leo in the books during this part, but wasn't even brought up or even mentioned in this episode
My Queens

Oct 16, 2020 3:54 AM

Sep 2020
-Mahesvara said:
That has been one of the major flaws of this adaption(well most adaptions tbf). For example, there was some pretty interesting information revealed about Leo in the books during this part, but wasn't even brought up or even mentioned in this episode

I see. I guess that makes sense, but from an anime watcher only perspective, I really wish they'd treat books a bit more fair. I'm not asking for by-the-book adaptations, but details like you mentioned should not be discarded, or do I really have to go and read the manga to get invested in the characters?
Oct 16, 2020 3:42 PM
Oct 2017
Is this season going to have any good fights with Godsuya as the main participant or no?
Oct 17, 2020 2:52 AM

Jul 2013
Tbh I've almost nearly forgotten about the lore of this show, all I remember is that the protagonist is op as fuck but for some reason he can't use magic that's why he's an "irregular" and obvious he has this incest tendency with his sister. Man, I can't wait to see him in action again.
Oct 21, 2020 2:30 AM

Aug 2017
So, magical vampires lmao. They seem to be improving on the villains section in this arc. I'm glad Erika wants to help Leo! Their relationship is getting closer and closer.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 24, 2020 12:59 PM

Dec 2014
well tension is up in the air
Oct 26, 2020 8:43 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn the vampire are sure going to be hard to beat lol
Nov 8, 2020 2:13 PM

Jul 2017
I really enjoyed the op/ed song and animation. I'm looking forward to next episode to see what happens. Loved Lina posing in the mirror too lol

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

Nov 15, 2020 8:56 PM
Sep 2020
Meta_Yoshi said:
Ah well. At least to make up for that in this episode, we did get treated to a nice fanservice scene with Lina in the changing room, from her pink undies to that rather cute pose in front of the mirror. XD
Isn't her underwear white?
Gio G. Lingad
Nov 15, 2020 9:00 PM
Sep 2020
I'm surprised Leo had enough energy to punch his attacker in the torso. I'm loving this Erika x Leo moment, I ship them more than Tatsuya and Miyuki. Erika's out for some blood because no one messes with her boyfriend/man classmate/dojo student.

Lina giving us some fanservice as she's changing her clothes. If only, First High allows Lina to walk around the school without her necktie and her dress unbuttoned. I love how Lina took her time to change by posing in the mirror, she's got a great rack & cleavage even though I'm an ass man. Lina's attire during her meeting without her Parade spell makes her look like Hayasaka from Kaguya-sama: Love is War.

P.S. I'm still mad that the subs refer to Tatsuya as "brother" instead of "onii-sama".
gio_lingadApr 21, 2021 8:43 PM
Gio G. Lingad
Dec 31, 2020 12:00 PM

Apr 2016
So basically Lina transferred to Japan to find out something about Tatsuya, but this parasite appeared and now the focus has shifted to that.

Also Lina looks waay better in her transformed state
Jan 22, 2021 1:51 AM

Dec 2012
Her mask is really cool ngl

Apr 23, 2022 12:32 PM

Mar 2019
My problems with Erika still continue sadly. At this point I just hate everything about her character, wish she would just go back to her old self when the Mibu incident happened, I liked her a lot back then. I don't mind that she's "important" but at least try to make it seem normal instead of pulling all this shit out of nowhere, like her relationship with Toshikazu, back when he was introduced as "Chiba Toshikazu, the eldest son of the Chiba family", Erika and him never interacted whatsoever and it felt like he and Erika weren't aware of each other at all, but now out of nowhere, she just comes into his office trying to act cool or something. Give me some background before you start doing this.

Besides that, things are just starting for now.
Alex_TheForestApr 23, 2022 12:38 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 21, 2022 12:29 PM

Apr 2013
Good episode, I have no idea what CAD means though. I hoped they would explain it, it's been a while since the first season aired.
Aug 21, 2023 5:59 PM

Nov 2010
The villains looked like Rorschach from Watchmen.

I would love to do the same thing the villains are doing to those pretty girls, but instead of leaving their corpses to waste & rot. I would devour them, too, so they can be a part of me forever!

I'm a sucker for well-animated fights! That was so good. I enjoyed it even though it was quick.
Erika is a lot more beautiful than in S1.

This arc is intriguing so far. I am okay with Tatsuya being a Gary Stu, and I'm sure he'll beat those guys in one hit as usual, but as long as they keep up this intriguing mystery until then, I'm happy.

Angelina looked hot in that ED. I wanna screw her!
Jan 27, 7:34 AM

Apr 2009
Vampires? Psychics? Didn't we science the shit out of magic 100 years ago? We need more science then! LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

83 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2020

88 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2020

82 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:51 AM

» Lina's Weaknesses

FiddlePie - May 20, 2022

16 by Mq84jdk »»
Mar 1, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

z00nex - Oct 3, 2020

160 by amf85 »»
Feb 29, 6:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.