Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 10, 2020 3:43 AM

Aug 2020
Are yuri animes usually this good? Or are they even better. It's the first time I'm watching yuri and I love it. I want to know your thoughts on this.
Oct 10, 2020 4:09 AM

Dec 2018
There are many different kinds of Yuri s

Like Sakura Trick Yagate and Yuri Kuma for some examples . All of them are Yuri's but they look very different from each other

This is a cute lesbian romance. That are probably not going to be heavy on the sex or drama . If you like that this anime are for you

But as I said Its not like all Yuri are the same. Some are cute some are violent and some are extremely sexual aggressive

Oct 10, 2020 8:43 AM

Aug 2020
Yuri-Crusader said:

Like Sakura Trick Yagate and Yuri Kuma for some examples . All of them are Yuri's but they look very different from each other

This is a cute lesbian romance. That are probably not going to be heavy on the sex or drama . If you like that this anime are for you

But as I said Its not like all Yuri are the same. Some are cute some are violent and some are extremely sexual aggressive

Im guessing this is cute lesbian romance, in terms of that, is this a good yuri? I found it amazing actually. It felt very real.
Oct 10, 2020 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
erinacchii said:
I want to know your thoughts on this.

Depends. One manga is pure shit. The other, however, is pretty good. Long story short, if they adapt this manga, the anime is going to be something between a 8 and 9/10.

EDIT: The novel is amazing, too. If they try to follow it, TRY, then it will be
Watame said:

something between a 8 and 9/10.

too.
Oct 10, 2020 8:57 AM
May 2015
It focuses on characters, the relationship between the MCs and getting to see how it develops is the reason why these types of yuri anime are so good. It's not just some cheap "two girls kissing just because" like that certain Yuri anime *coughCitruscough*. There's also the fact that lesbian romance, for me, is just more wholesome than straight romance.

Btw, if you want another good yuri anime then you should try out "Bloom Into You" (Yagete Kimi No Naru). If you're liking this anime so far then you're probably gonna like Yagete as well.

Oct 10, 2020 9:04 AM

Dec 2018
erinacchii said:
Yuri-Crusader said:

Im guessing this is cute lesbian romance, in terms of that, is this a good yuri? I found it amazing actually. It felt very real.

I think so yes . It looks very cuddly and cute =)
Oct 10, 2020 9:06 AM

Aug 2020
Watame said:
erinacchii said:
I want to know your thoughts on this.

Depends. One manga is pure shit. The other, however, is pretty good. Long story short, if they adapt this manga, the anime is going to be something between a 8 and 9/10.

EDIT: The novel is amazing, too. If they try to follow it, TRY, then it will be
Watame said:

something between a 8 and 9/10.

too.

ayt ayt thanks for this!
Oct 10, 2020 9:08 AM

Aug 2020
jc9622 said:
It focuses on characters, the relationship between the MCs and getting to see how it develops is the reason why these types of yuri anime are so good. It's not just some cheap "two girls kissing just because" like that certain Yuri anime *coughCitruscough*. There's also the fact that lesbian romance, for me, is just more wholesome than straight romance.

Btw, if you want another good yuri anime then you should try out "Bloom Into You" (Yagete Kimi No Naru). If you're liking this anime so far then you're probably gonna like Yagete as well.

straight romance is still good but I agree that lesbian romance is a lot more wholesome as it focuses more on the "love" aspect ig?? I've heard of "Bloom Into You" so i'll definetely check it out!
Oct 11, 2020 12:04 PM
Oct 2018
erinacchii said:
Are yuri animes usually this good? Or are they even better. It's the first time I'm watching yuri and I love it. I want to know your thoughts on this.

There's actually a lot of wholesome and good yuri mangas, I find most yuris that get adapted to anime are usually the fetish-seeming ones or just have yuri as subtext, but anime is making progress recently.

I recommend the Asagao to Kase-san OVA, it's movie length and really wholesome. The OVA is kind of like a summary of the series so if you like the OVA be sure to check out the manga!
Oct 11, 2020 4:19 PM

Aug 2020
LeynaSept said:
erinacchii said:

There's actually a lot of wholesome and good yuri mangas, I find most yuris that get adapted to anime are usually the fetish-seeming ones or just have yuri as subtext, but anime is making progress recently.

I recommend the Asagao to Kase-san OVA, it's movie length and really wholesome. The OVA is kind of like a summary of the series so if you like the OVA be sure to check out the manga!

oooo I'll check it out!
Oct 13, 2020 3:41 PM

Nov 2019
jc9622 said:
some cheap "two girls kissing just because" like that certain Yuri anime *coughCitruscough*.

That was kinda my first impression, but I found the story to have quite a lot of depth and more consistent character writing than most other series after I read the Manga (incl. citrus+). The problem is that Mei only makes sense very late into the manga when her background becomes clearer. I ended up liking the story and even coming back to it at times. My impression is that citrus is pretty much a love it or hate it show.

As for other recommendations in the genre (yuri/shoujo ai, excluding superficial comedy shows):

Liz to Aoi Tori (Anime) - shoujo ai subtext in a heartwarming movie about love/friendship, mediated by classical music (orchestra members)

Maria-sama ga Miteru (anime) - the biggest surprise for myself as I decided against watching this show multiple times because the premise is absolutely incompatible with me (elitist catholic all girl school setting), however, the show has very good character writing and interactions which I find unmatched by any other show. The second season (haru) is strongest in my opinion (touching drama).

Tatoe Todokanu Ito da to shite mo (Manga) - lots of character growth and focus on character interactions. teen girl living with an adult couple, the women discovering their connection. Might be my favorite Manga actually.

Ani no Yome to Kurashite Imasu (Manga) - similar to the previous entry, just without a guy living with them and slightly less pacing quality in my opinion.

Yagate Kimi ni Naru (Manga, partial Anime adaptation) - Basically the star of the genre. very fluffy, positive and cuddly. A feel-good story with sufficient depth to keep it interesting.

Luminous = Blue (short Manga) - Nothing super special but a nice quick read.

Sayonara Rose Garden (Manga) - historic setting and quite romantic with satisfying writing

Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru (Manga) - fluffy angsty teen romance, just cute and positive

Haru to Midori (Manga) - Decent story about an adult woman taking in a teenage girl and how they mutually support their growth. shoujo ai subtext

Asagao to Kase-san (Anime) - was already mentioned, a fluffy genre classic

Mahou Shoujo Magi Madoka (Anime) - shoujo ai subtext as a main plot device, other than that just an outstanding cross-genre anime.

dashannesOct 13, 2020 3:52 PM
Oct 15, 2020 8:26 PM
Mar 2019
isn't yuri and shoujo ai different?
I love K-On, and so should you.

Oct 15, 2020 10:45 PM

Aug 2020
juuzousuzuya002 said:

I think yuri is the general term for "girls love" but shoujo ai is more on the romantic side of things than the sexual side of things.

Im not too sure but if it's between two girls then I think that's yuri.
Oct 15, 2020 11:23 PM
Jun 2019
erinacchii said:
juuzousuzuya002 said:

I think yuri is the general term for "girls love" but shoujo ai is more on the romantic side of things than the sexual side of things.

Depends on context. Outside Japan, shoujo ai typically means a more emotional connection (friendly?) between girls rather than physical/sexual. In Japan, it has connotations towards pedophillia (so lolicon stuff) hence not commonly used (if ever) in mainstream media.

In Japan, yuri is a more general term for all things lesbian/girl-girl attraction/interactions. Outside, yuri typically refers to a more physical interactions/relationship compared to shoujo ai (i.e. dating,sexual acts etc.) although yuri, outside Japan is starting to be a more blanket term.

Some people (outside Japan) use Yuri to only refer to hentai works, and shoujo ai in non-hentai.
northernmanOct 15, 2020 11:35 PM
Oct 16, 2020 3:22 AM

Aug 2020
northernman said:
erinacchii said:

Depends on context. Outside Japan, shoujo ai typically means a more emotional connection (friendly?) between girls rather than physical/sexual. In Japan, it has connotations towards pedophillia (so lolicon stuff) hence not commonly used (if ever) in mainstream media.

In Japan, yuri is a more general term for all things lesbian/girl-girl attraction/interactions. Outside, yuri typically refers to a more physical interactions/relationship compared to shoujo ai (i.e. dating,sexual acts etc.) although yuri, outside Japan is starting to be a more blanket term.

Some people (outside Japan) use Yuri to only refer to hentai works, and shoujo ai in non-hentai.

oooo okay thanks for this! Yeah i'm a bit confused with the term as well because people outside of japan refer to yuri as lesbian hentai while in Japan it's the more general term.
Oct 22, 2020 3:07 AM

Feb 2019
pretty damn good sir
Oct 24, 2020 1:27 AM

Jul 2012
Like others said, there are many different kinds of yuri series. I've watched several of them such as Yuru Yuri, Citrus, Candy Boy, and now this, & I find them to be mostly good, so I'm not so disappointed by the time I got into Adachi to Shimamura. In fact, I find it to be one of my favorite anime in 2020.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Oct 24, 2020 10:19 AM
Nov 2009
I've watched a mixture of yuri, I like how this doesn't have (too much) comedy or too much drama, it's like an even mixture, it feels real for the most part.
Oct 30, 2020 8:41 AM

Mar 2015
This is boring af. Funny how the score was in the mid 8s and is now in the mid 7s.
Nov 21, 2020 4:44 AM

Dec 2018
juuzousuzuya002 said:

In Japan they only use the term Yuri, the term shōjo-ai (少女愛; lit. "girl love") is not used with this meaning and instead tends to denote pedophilia. So Yuri is the right term to use for manga or anime with lesbians in it

Nov 21, 2020 9:29 AM

Jan 2020
This show has been really good so far. I would even go as far as to say that it is the best show of the season.
Nov 21, 2020 9:44 AM

Sep 2014
erinacchii said:
LeynaSept said:

oooo I'll check it out!

If you want the most wholesome yuri anime I recommend Sono Hanabira.
Nov 21, 2020 9:45 AM

Jul 2020
I think that there are better yuris out there like Bloom Into You and Strawberry Panic, but this is definitely worth a look if you want to check out yuri anime.
Nov 25, 2020 4:13 AM

Feb 2019
probably my favourite one so far.
Nov 25, 2020 6:14 AM

Aug 2016
I was liking it until the last two episodes, now I fear it'll probably go downhill.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Nov 25, 2020 7:08 AM

Aug 2018
It's alright but I feel like it has been going downhill a bit
_______I like rocks__
Nov 25, 2020 7:17 AM

Aug 2020
Yea christmas episodes were a bit disappointing but I'm hoping it'll pick back up with the addition of a new character. orrrr it could go in the opposite direction. Hopefully not the latter.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2020

113 by ChibiiBunii »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2020

132 by Phixiately »»
Feb 27, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2020

76 by Phixiately »»
Feb 1, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

69 by locke_ix »»
Jan 13, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

78 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.