Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

This show is isekai one punch man, it's supposed to be a parody of power fantasy stories

New
Oct 9, 2020 10:35 PM
Sep 2012
All the "flaws" people find in the story are intentional. That's the whole point, it's supposed to be stupid.
Oct 10, 2020 12:45 AM

Feb 2011
The only flaw this anime has is the lack of fan-serivce.
Oct 11, 2020 2:21 AM
Jan 2019
Oh for god’s sake, how many times will people compare this to One Punch Man. People aren’t idiots, literally all of the top reviews for this show are <5. One Punch Man is a power fantasy done well, where characters have more personality than a blank sheet of paper.

You know how the fight will end, but the buildup matters. Everything One punch Man did was basically leagues better than this trash.

What does the show have going for it? One Punch Man had a lot of things, such as amazing action scenes, comedy and the just the general feel of the show. Misfit didn’t do any of that.

Animation:- OPM is glorified for its amazing action scenes, whereas, this show has a potato budget.

Comedy:- OPM had some really good comedy and really parodied the power fantasy genre well. This show did neither, You can’t take a show which just copy pastes every trope from the power fantasy genre and call it a parody.

Characters:- OPM has put some effort into creating unique and diverse characters each with their own powers. *Spoiler Alert* Genos was having a hardcore battle with the mosquito girl and was about to sacrifice himself to kill her in a cliché way, which we see a lot, Saitama saves him by stealing his moment of glory and killing the mosquito girl in a very comedic manner, this is power fantasy done well.

Extra Elements:- Saitama’s struggles aren’t the highlight of the show but the show depicts Saitama as someone who has his fair share of struggles, making him more human and making the show more comedic. For example, while Saitama has crazy strength, he doesn’t go around stopping time and killing someone and reviving them and then killing them or just acting arrogant. He’s bald, unemployed, wants to become a hero, gets worried about missing out on sales etc.

Honestly, there are a lot of things but these are just some of the things that make OPM different and better from that trash show that is often compared to OPM.

Oct 12, 2020 7:07 PM

Nov 2019
supransh said:
Oh for god’s sake, how many times will people compare this to One Punch Man. People aren’t idiots, literally all of the top reviews for this show are <5. One Punch Man is a power fantasy done well, where characters have more personality than a blank sheet of paper.

You know how the fight will end, but the buildup matters. Everything One punch Man did was basically leagues better than this trash.

What does the show have going for it? One Punch Man had a lot of things, such as amazing action scenes, comedy and the just the general feel of the show. Misfit didn’t do any of that.

Animation:- OPM is glorified for its amazing action scenes, whereas, this show has a potato budget.

Comedy:- OPM had some really good comedy and really parodied the power fantasy genre well. This show did neither, You can’t take a show which just copy pastes every trope from the power fantasy genre and call it a parody.

Characters:- OPM has put some effort into creating unique and diverse characters each with their own powers. *Spoiler Alert* Genos was having a hardcore battle with the mosquito girl and was about to sacrifice himself to kill her in a cliché way, which we see a lot, Saitama saves him by stealing his moment of glory and killing the mosquito girl in a very comedic manner, this is power fantasy done well.

Extra Elements:- Saitama’s struggles aren’t the highlight of the show but the show depicts Saitama as someone who has his fair share of struggles, making him more human and making the show more comedic. For example, while Saitama has crazy strength, he doesn’t go around stopping time and killing someone and reviving them and then killing them or just acting arrogant. He’s bald, unemployed, wants to become a hero, gets worried about missing out on sales etc.

Honestly, there are a lot of things but these are just some of the things that make OPM different and better from that trash show that is often compared to OPM.

Who hurt you? Nobody said it was better than one punch man. And it is wrong to like it more than one punch man?
Oct 13, 2020 11:08 PM

Jan 2017
ExcaliburAO said:
supransh said:

Who hurt you? Nobody said it was better than one punch man. And it is wrong to like it more than one punch man?

How insecure do you have to be to call out someone just because they claim the trash you like is trash while putting some constructive points regarding the thread itself? Did you even read the thread caption before bothering to comment? If you are incapable of replying in a civil manner then might as well don't do it in the first place.
Oct 14, 2020 12:51 PM

Nov 2019
XAWAD said:
ExcaliburAO said:

How insecure do you have to be to call out someone just because they claim the trash you like is trash while putting some constructive points regarding the thread itself? Did you even read the thread caption before bothering to comment? If you are incapable of replying in a civil manner then might as well don't do it in the first place.

I’m pretty secure since you asked. I also read the thread, it being the reason I replied to him. Also all his arguments were not constructive and were opinion based calling the comedy bad and just calling it trash. All he did was praise One Punch Man. The reason I “called him out” was his problem with other people liking the show. I found my comment to be pretty civil at least compared to him.
Oct 15, 2020 8:40 AM

Aug 2017
This show has more soul than OPM in the first episode!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 18, 2020 2:08 AM
Jan 2019
ExcaliburAO said:
XAWAD said:

I’m pretty secure since you asked. I also read the thread, it being the reason I replied to him. Also all his arguments were not constructive and were opinion based calling the comedy bad and just calling it trash. All he did was praise One Punch Man. The reason I “called him out” was his problem with other people liking the show. I found my comment to be pretty civil at least compared to him.

I do agree that I praised One Punch Man too much, to the point of loosing the original essence of the conversation. However my opinion still stands, this show isn’t isekai One Punch Man, it’s basically an insult to OPM if you call it that. And, for a ‘parody’ it’s one the worst ones I’ve seen in a while, it just mashes up all the tropes.
Oct 18, 2020 6:06 PM

Nov 2019
supransh said:
ExcaliburAO said:

I do agree that I praised One Punch Man too much, to the point of loosing the original essence of the conversation. However my opinion still stands, this show isn’t isekai One Punch Man, it’s basically an insult to OPM if you call it that. And, for a ‘parody’ it’s one the worst ones I’ve seen in a while, it just mashes up all the tropes.

Just because you didn’t enjoy it doesn’t mean other people didn’t. If someone wants to compare it to One Punch Man, let them. I mean even Mother’s Basement did the same. It just means other people saw a connection between two shows they liked. However you are allowed to have your own opinion and I don’t have the motivation to change it.
Oct 25, 2020 1:43 PM
Apr 2018
Sorry but Saitama has 0 personality compared to our demon misfit and thats an objective fact.

All Saitama ever shows is his boredom of being overpowered and cursing his strength.

Misfit of demon king academy protagonist is in relation to his world also pretty much overpowered (to be fair not as much as Saitam) but he does things and shows interest in things and develops his character.
He even finds the time to build a harem and stop a war all to save the world and his loved ones.
Meanwhile Saitama beats up some Galaxy destroying empire just so he can go eat some noodles with Genos after the fight. He doesent give a shit. Why should the viewer do. Even if Saitama is overpowered he doesent find joy like the demon misfit which is (careful now my opinion) really boring because viewers tend to associate with a main character of a show and if that character doesn't have fun neither does the viewer.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 26, 2020

278 by Frank_Striker »»
Feb 22, 9:32 PM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2020

115 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2020

123 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2020

122 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2020

101 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.