Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 2 Discussion

Oct 9, 8:14 PM
ꕤ 野草野花 ꕤ

was pretty iffy about the first episode, but i really liked this episode, they are so cute, love their interactions! the OP & ED are great too, the ED visuals are so cute! if this keeps up i think i'll really enjoy this simple & wholesome anime ♡__♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 9, 8:39 PM

Ahhh they really did a good job adapting the manga. This is the kind of fluff I need in the weekend after a shit ton of stress building up. So cute.

Oct 9, 8:41 PM

Laprox said:
Does anyone else get this ominous feeling, sometimes during the episodes?

Don't mind it. They're making it more suspenseful than it needs to be. Just keep watching and enjoy the wholesomeness.

Oct 9, 8:49 PM
I'm so glad he waited until she was awake to kiss her ><. To be honest, It kinda sucks that I already know whats going to happen cause I'm reading the manga -nothing bad btw!- but I like the element of surprise when it comes to the cuteness - or should I say kawaii-ness! (ok ill shut up now)

Oct 9, 8:59 PM
fantaghost said:
Please tell me I was not the only person to get that Danganronpa reference!
When I saw it I got excited

Oct 9, 10:22 PM

I've been waiting for these scenes to be animated for so long

"Who needs drugs when you got cute anime girls?"
-Sun Tzu

Oct 9, 10:39 PM

Ok this episode was about fluff, fluff and more fluff.

And fcking love it. More, give me more.

P.S. Tsukasa-chan's waifu level is over the charts.

Oct 9, 10:41 PM
Holy shit, this is so wholesome and sweet. I don’t mind at all though. This really cleanses my anime palate of all the edge and drama that I have seen recently. You don’t see too many diabetes anime like this very often.

Oct 9, 11:00 PM

Uh... I don't know about you guys but seeing Nasa acting like a hormonal kid was more awkward and cringey rather than wholesome. Seriously hope this doesn't end up being the formula for the following weeks.

Rather weak episode, honestly. As I said before, Nasa overreacting for everything his cute wife does is annoying most of the times and not knowing about Tsukasa's side of the story only makes me doubt about her intentions. People say there's nothing fishy here but I can't help but think she's using the poor guy for a major purpose.

Oct 9, 11:07 PM

KatoWorks said:
I don't really understand the high praise, it seems like a simple slice of life anime with a bit of mystery on why she loves him. Can't say I have anything negative about it though, just seems like a fairly simple SOL.

Pethaas said:
hmm...why do people love this so much? I get it, its cute, sweet, really wholesome, but... wow... guess i had completely different expectations from what i've heard.

It's the most wholesome and cute thing I've ever watched, Nasa and Tsukasa are both likeable characters who grew on me over time in the manga, and the comedy is actually good for the most part, unlike the stale and forced comedy I always see in rom-coms.

Also, Rom-com anime where the characters are in a relationship are extremely rare. Usually rom-coms are mostly comedy with very little romance. The characters take forever to confess and when the MCs finally get together, that marks the end of the series.

This is an unusual and fresh take on the rom-com genre, you get to see an actual couple being cute and interacting with each other, as opposed to another high school one filled with harem, love triangles, and over-complicated drama and situations that the characters brought upon themselves because they wanna act like wimps or misunderstand everything.

Tonikawa is about a married couple and their daily lives, expect a lot more cuteness and wholesomeness like in this episode. There is hint of a plot in the manga but not much progression in that regard, it's only sprinkled in once in a while, so you'll be disappointed if plot and drama is what you're watching for.

Oct 9, 11:37 PM
This is so wholesome, i hope they will keep it that way with no shitty ecchi fanservice

Oct 9, 11:41 PM

Wow. One episode, with full of their duration spend accurately to built up their moments together at the first night. Such a solid episode. Its full of sweetness, mostly, and surprisingly too. Its kinda relatable, its no doubt. Its the miracle. Nasa just a fuckin lucky guy, and too pure! Still, my highlight was their relations surely a wholesome, even in their first night. Tsukasa and Nasa reaction, expression, activity, behaviour, TONIKAKU KAWAII! Especially with Tsukasa sleeping habit, and her embarassment while Nasa called her 'chan'. It just so hnngh!

So, thats the beauty of the marriage bonds, pals. Especially with how young they were, in general, their reaction kinda relatable with the real life too. I just simply love them, i mean, maybe from Nasa perspective, it just full of purity! No harrashment at the first night, its a must. Please don't be a wild animal, and let it flow like the calm water. It would be revert and became different 180 degrees, if you were just a became perverted shit in no time, and these cuteness scenes surely never reach your whole damn life. So, calm the fuck down your dick a bit, be gentle, and let your girl showed their cute side first, like these. Maybe i am too exaggerating, its just Tsukasa was way too cute, and Nasa was way too damn chicken. But, i must said it again that i can still took some moral lesson over these damn show. The dream that flying over the moon. At least i got what it means by seeing this XD

Also:

Okay, they separated it into the ED, quite knew to my personal experience. Nice!
Modified by badabass, Oct 9, 11:45 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges

Oct 9, 11:43 PM

Speirs09 said:
This is so wholesome, i hope they will keep it that way with no shitty ecchi fanservice
Nah, no ecchi tag, so they keep cleans until the end of the day. XD
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges

Oct 9, 11:43 PM
They change the Nasa-kun and Tsukasa-Chan place. It's supposed at the Kotaksu scene if I'm right...

Oct 10, 12:04 AM

I completely forgot they were living in Wataru's house from hayate no gotoku. It's a good thing it's been so long since I read the first chapters, this makes me feel the wholesomeness I felt the first time I read it.

Crashmatt said:
Is this show about the MC getting embarrased all the time and blushing? Its going to get old real fast if its 12 eosodes if this

Nah don't worry the married couple will develop overtime. Nasa is a lot more mature now in the manga. Here a quick example, just how many time did you hear him scream "Tonikaku Kawaii" this episode compared to the first one?

KatoWorks said:
I don't really understand the high praise, it seems like a simple slice of life anime with a bit of mystery on why she loves him. Can't say I have anything negative about it though, just seems like a fairly simple SOL.

Just my opinion but I like cute and wholesome thing without too much drama. I guess a lot of people like it too to brighten their days with the current world pandemic.

HikariShoumeiron said:
Oh, Slam Dunk reference, nice!

I mean it's cute an all but he being 18 and looking/acting like a 12 year old around a girl who he actually got married to it's a bit... eh.
Is the whole show gonna be like this or is it gonna get more serious at some point? Like maybe explaining what's Tsukasa's deal.

Define what you mean by serious. In term of Tsukasa mysteries, foreshadow and why she married Nasa in more details? You will get hint here and there but at abyssimal pace dont expect it to get anything close to an answer even if there was a second season.

Having the romance develop with Tsukasa and Nasa exploring more facet of their marriage life and their romance? You will get plenty this season.

Oct 10, 12:24 AM

This episode is a big dip to me compared to the previous one which was okay. Maybe it just too limited; two characters, not much of setting and same type of jokes where the main guy is too embarassed to do anything extreme to his new and clueless wife. It was plain and boring
Modified by DannyTheDonkey, Oct 10, 12:28 AM

Oct 10, 1:49 AM

This show is extremely cute, it's the kind of show that you turn off your brain and simply enjoy. However, this girl doesn't love him. She's obviously using him and their marriage to escape from an engagement or something her family planned out for her.

Anyways, for people who haven't been to Japan or anywhere that doesn't have Donki. It's like the Wallmart or Target of Japan but ten times better. Some Donkis are open 24 hrs like the one in Akihabara. They have everything from food to cosmetics to Anime merch to tools and beds and luggage and mroe lol I always go to Donki whenever I visit Japan. I missed it after watching this episode.
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.

Oct 10, 2:07 AM

This show is so cute, I'm in love with the manga and now with the anime, Nasa and Tsukasa are adorable...

Oct 10, 2:16 AM

Samt_ said:
KatoWorks said:

Pethaas said:
hmm...why do people love this so much? I get it, its cute, sweet, really wholesome, but... wow... guess i had completely different expectations from what i've heard.

It's the most wholesome and cute thing I've ever watched, Nasa and Tsukasa are both likeable characters who grew on me over time in the manga, and the comedy is actually good for the most part, unlike the stale and forced comedy I always see in rom-coms.

Also, Rom-com anime where the characters are in a relationship are extremely rare. Usually rom-coms are mostly comedy with very little romance. The characters take forever to confess and when the MCs finally get together, that marks the end of the series.

This is an unusual and fresh take on the rom-com genre, you get to see an actual couple being cute and interacting with each other, as opposed to another high school one filled with harem, love triangles, and over-complicated drama and situations that the characters brought upon themselves because they wanna act like wimps or misunderstand everything.

Tonikawa is about a married couple and their daily lives, expect a lot more cuteness and wholesomeness like in this episode. There is hint of a plot in the manga but not much progression in that regard, it's only sprinkled in once in a while, so you'll be disappointed if plot and drama is what you're watching for.

Yes, I agree, Tonikawa is a drama-free romcom about a married couple, that's really rare. The majority of the romcom shows are about people that like each other but never confess, and this show is like "the happily ever after" of the romcoms.

I think this anime is for people that just want to chill and watch a cute couple doing cute couple things, without dramas, just happiness. I highly recommend you to watch it with your special someone (if you have one)

Oct 10, 2:22 AM

I just love this couple so much. So much wholesomeness in one show. I can't take it. Damnit.
I love both of em' so much. >.<

Oct 10, 2:51 AM

This show is wholesome af. I would LOVE to see where this is gonna go.

"What does it mean to be human?"

Oct 10, 4:45 AM
Loved it Tonikaku Kawaii😍

Oct 10, 4:57 AM
one word- boring.

Oct 10, 5:12 AM

Ah yes. God damn sleepwalkers amirite

Oct 10, 5:42 AM
This.. this put a smile on my face and also gives everyone watching the feeling of having a wife ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oct 10, 5:54 AM
You have no idea how many times i paused when the scene get too awkward. I smile like a idiot.

Oct 10, 5:55 AM

BROOOOOOOOOOO AOTS I took like 45 minutes to finish this episode because it was too cute, wholesome and hilarious to finish in one swoop goddamn
Fuck reading signatures, you could be watching One Piece instead.

Give One Piece a shot, no listen. I started One Piece, I watched the first few episodes, I thought it was good. After watching episode 24, I was convinced it was a great show. After finishing episode 37, I was convinced it was a masterpiece and then it continued to deliver and deliver, and it still stands up now. Just try it once, if you can watch till ep 37 and still think that it's just an alright show at best, then drop it by all means. (write an L on your forehead while you're at it)

Thanks for reading, if you did. Also fuck your favourite anime if it's not One Piece.

Oct 10, 6:03 AM

oh My GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD I AM GOING TO GET DIABETUS. This shit is good for the heart, this shit can heal the heart. So freaking wholesome, this hand holding galore. That was fantastic.

Oct 10, 6:47 AM

Not everything needs to be full of tension and drama. The interactions between them are just about an overdose of sweet, but that's what makes them so fun to watch. And really, who would not expect things to be initially awkward between two teenagers who barely know one another and suddenly find themselves married and sleeping together? That's part of what makes them so adorable.

Oct 10, 7:01 AM
Nice Danganronpa reference with the bed.

Oct 10, 7:26 AM

The idea still keeps me hooked for next episode, but series overall until now is a 4/10, 5 at best.
Too simple, not so much a comedy nor, doesnt feel like your typical slice of life.

I was a fan of Hayate no Gotoku, and now I'm married, so I still have hopes for something good

Oct 10, 7:29 AM

Booooooring, will give it one more episode. Can't handle this genre no more I guess, I once enjoyed watching these kind of shows

Anyways, the danganronpa reference was the highlight of the episode

Oct 10, 7:31 AM
Wow. They're really sweet <3
These sweet moments are a delicacy. This is one of my favorite this Fall Season.

Oct 10, 9:15 AM

Tsukasa-chan is the REAL sleepy princess of this season <3

Oct 10, 9:24 AM

I have just one thing to say......

TONIKAKU KAWAII

Oct 10, 9:43 AM

Such a wholesome and funny episode! I'm really loving Nasa and Tsukasa's chemistry.

Oct 10, 10:46 AM
As long as it doesn't fall apart later, this is a 9😁
In the Ed, sharing the headphones like that, I wish I could do that

Calm down Nasa, you're overthinking things, though I am glad he chose not to kiss her while she was sleeping

Tsukasa reminds me of Ayumu rather than Hinagiku and definitely none of the ojous
Modified by Bastiono, Oct 10, 11:12 AM

Oct 10, 11:34 AM
so far not impressed...
I mean, it'll probably have a twist or something in the end, but I just can't wait that long, it just not interesting at all, and I'm not a fan of moe, the art is okay
this is supposed to be marriage but it's still technically the same mid/high school crap of hand holding, getting embarrassed quickly, first names, first kiss probably not gonna happen till mid/end of it
it's just cute couple doing cute things, and of course the the guy won't question a thing
I'll watch 3rd episode but I'll probably end up dropping it, it's just not my thing

Oct 10, 12:29 PM

So, an episode of watching a girl sleeping and a guy too shy. Maybe I drop this.

Oct 10, 3:06 PM

what a cute series so far!!

Oct 10, 4:55 PM
Just I love watching these two, they are so adorable.
Now I wanna get married.

Oct 10, 5:19 PM

This is really good and funny anime but don't you think that it is really odd that some random girl just butt in someone's life like that with only suitcase with her and apparently without money. In real life she would probably just scam poor fellow but I think this anime is fluffy story. Still it seems really odd. Otaku dream for sure. Who wouldn't want that someday some cute woman would ring my door bell and declare that she would want to live with me.

I understand that she saved him but this whole marriage thing just escalated too fast.

Oct 10, 6:54 PM

This episode was good. Kinda slid off a bit because the brightness in this show's animation is too high. But I'm not gonna lie that the chemistry is finally building up for our two characters here. Nasa is still having doubts on why Tsukasa will marry him (bcos not gonna lie a marriage right off the bat, thats kinda curious). Also Nasa being alone for a long time with a minimal social life doesn't know what to do with a girl now living with him, which explains why he gets so flustered every time.

[also umm I read the manga so I know what's gonna happen next]
But don't worry anime-only's, Nasa is going to "grow" from here.

Anyways, it's a warm cozy episode with Nasa figuring out how Tsukasa is gonna sleep in his one-bed apartment. Because of that, they go into a konbinyi for a futon. And you can see that Nasa (being an intelligent man that he is) goes technical with the texture quality of the futons that they're shopping at. I love to see Tsukasa's hair before she sleeps, now that it gets animated it is kinda cute... But that gets ruined because she is a damn restless sleeper. She is tonikaku kawaii, as Nasa says. We get a bit of some tsun-- from Tsukasa there at the end. And the ED plays...

The show is doing good so far, hope it don't crash. And by the looks of it, the Arisugawa sisters will debut the next episode.
"Keep grinding on what you love but always take a breather once in a while"

Oct 10, 6:55 PM

This episode got even better than the last one, this actually start exploring some of the real scenarios of having a wife and also gf at the same time. I love how the MC realizing this is a real thing and he needs to make actual changes in his life.
"Miharu denki desu"

Oct 10, 6:56 PM

This episode was good. Kinda slid off a bit because the brightness in this show's animation is too high. But I'm not gonna lie that the chemistry is finally building up for our two characters here. Nasa is still having doubts on why Tsukasa will marry him (bcos not gonna lie a marriage right off the bat, thats kinda curious). Also Nasa being alone for a long time with a minimal social life doesn't know what to do with a girl now living with him, which explains why he gets so flustered every time.

[also umm I read the manga so I know what's gonna happen next]
But don't worry anime-only's, Nasa is going to "grow" from here.

Anyways, it's a warm cozy episode with Nasa figuring out how Tsukasa is gonna sleep in his one-bed apartment. Because of that, they go into a konbinyi for a futon. And you can see that Nasa (being an intelligent man that he is) goes technical with the texture quality of the futons that they're shopping at. I love to see Tsukasa's hair before she sleeps, now that it gets animated it is kinda cute... But that gets ruined because she is a damn restless sleeper. She is tonikaku kawaii, as Nasa says. We get a bit of some tsun-- from Tsukasa-chan there at the end. And the ED plays...

The show is doing good so far, hope it don't crash. And by the looks of it, the Arisugawa sisters will debut the next episode.

"Holding is pretty good...but getting held is even better!"
- Nasa Yuzaki, 2020
"Keep grinding on what you love but always take a breather once in a while"

Oct 10, 8:10 PM
This show can be super awkward sometimes, but I can't stop watching this. NASA's voice actor has some serious talent though, love it.

Oct 10, 8:55 PM

Damn is it really okay to get married at that age? That's too early seriously.

Oct 10, 9:25 PM

This eps is to sweeet xd
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !

Oct 10, 10:52 PM

on the ED visuals they kissed so this means we won't see any kissing until the last ep? lolz
cute ep by the way!
4/5.

Oct 10, 11:00 PM

I don't really get the appeal, this bored me to death. No point in watching it.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »