Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2020 5:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this was another interesting episode. It sure didn't take long for Elaina to make a friend from her new adventure. I think she and Saya has some cute character chemistry from this episode.

Saya also learns the difficulty of becoming a real witch with training. Personally, I think it's a solid follow up episode from the first one as it shows Elaina's improved skills but also how she's able to connect with another character.
Oct 9, 2020 5:35 AM

Sep 2019
They introduced a new character. Elaina became her sensei but she was the impostor all along. Elaina's saying the same things her teacher said. I enjoyed this episode just like the 1st one, I hope it'll go on like this.
Oct 9, 2020 5:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty good drama part in this episode with Saya, and I see they love doing time skipping xD but it's good to see that Saya succeeded 6 months later
Oct 9, 2020 5:47 AM

Feb 2018
I like this episode, a new girl has appeared. I want to know how it feels when a girl suddenly appears from behind and bumps into us. after crashing, we were knocked down by it to destroy some house.... Forget about it.

Besides that, why this season is full of Yuri doesn't mean I hate that bed scene. Yeah, that is reality...

Oct 9, 2020 5:49 AM

Aug 2012

Elaina, The Smug Witch. Good OP! And is this show gonna have lots of timeskips?
Oct 9, 2020 5:53 AM

Feb 2014
What starts with an S and ends with an A?

Elaina: Saya?

Saya: Shoujo Ai?
Oct 9, 2020 6:01 AM

Nov 2018
eyy this was a great episode. Elaina looks at Saya as her past when she was with Flan. Saya's character was interesting and the way how her relationship develops was also nice. Really looking forward to the next episode.
hi
Oct 9, 2020 6:10 AM
Oct 2020
No spoiler in opening, nice
Oct 9, 2020 6:21 AM

Apr 2010
Well looks like she made a new friend who uses dirty tactics to get her way.
Hopefully her friend learned a thing or two, and that deceiving people isn't a good thing.
It's nice to see that the journey is going well tho.
Oct 9, 2020 6:21 AM

Aug 2013
It was good to see Elaina teaching Saya. Using her own experience to help Saya was nice to see. I hope we got to see her again in future episodes.

Oct 9, 2020 6:24 AM

Jul 2020
Nice episode. Elaina handled the situation very well, even though Saya deceived Elaina at first, with all good intentions in mind.
Glad they became friends!

I'm not sure if I like the time skip at the end, 6 months is a long time..
Hopefully that doesn't happen too often

I Like the OP
Oct 9, 2020 6:27 AM

Feb 2016
Absolutely loved it! Perfect if not for the last few ending scenes, which were rushed imo. Could've left a better emotional impression but still it was enough.

Also that episode intro title with the horns is RIP Ears lmao.

Oh and isn't this the OP for this just joy to the ears.
Oct 9, 2020 6:27 AM

Feb 2020
Oct 9, 2020 6:32 AM

Feb 2019
Beautiful episode, couldn’t help but crying when Saya broke down about being lonely. Loved Elaina’s message “when you’re trying to accomplish something you’ll always be on your own” powerful message. Hopefully saya can see the witch she loves someday.

I’m liking the storytelling style a lot so far, kinda feels like VE with a series of unrelated stories that showcase Elaina’s development. Ordered the first LN yesterday and can’t wait for it to get here

Edit:Choucho ED!
Oct 9, 2020 6:36 AM

Feb 2016
MrAwesome2018 said:

And is this show gonna have lots of timeskips?

Yeah, its not like its reaaaally a "sequential" story day by day, think of it like a dairy, filled with short stories. Wether its in order or not depends on what they want to do with the anime.
Oct 9, 2020 6:58 AM
Apr 2019
Quite good episode, I'm happy to know more things about Elaina,
I wonder if it stays only to travel show, or there would be more than it? I'd be happy if it stayed true to these two episodes.
Oct 9, 2020 7:05 AM

Feb 2020
Nice episode,the opening and ending are pretty good,and saya is cute!
Oct 9, 2020 7:14 AM
Jan 2020
What a sweet and beautiful show so far. Loving this!
Oct 9, 2020 7:18 AM

Aug 2012
Rainbowsaur said:
Also that episode intro title with the horns is RIP Ears lmao.

I had my volume on max, my ears are still ringing lol.
Oct 9, 2020 7:39 AM

Nov 2016
Yes, episodic is definitely the way to go for this show.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 9, 2020 7:40 AM

Jun 2019
So, Elaina is a Sensei now. Nice going, my girl. Saya, the apprentice witch is introduced. I like their cute moments.
Also, Elaina is so adorable. I love her.
Oct 9, 2020 7:43 AM

Apr 2015
Amazing episode!

OP is gorgeous and so pleasant to the ears!! Fits the show really well!

The introduction of Saya was pretty good, even Elaina learned from this teaching experience as she managed to reflect back on how she was during her training!

That bed scene had some strong Yuri vibes as well. This Season is full with those!

Another pretty big leap in time, with the news of Saya passing het exams! I do hope we get to see Saya again really soon! The new city Elaina is in also looks amazing.
Oct 9, 2020 7:51 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Love Elaina even more now, I like that she's mature but at the same time playful. She might climb onto my favorites list depending on how this goes, her smug expressions are too awesome.

The episodic story is definitely the way to go for this, but I do hope they change it up occasionally. The story itself was simple and straightforward but the atmosphere of the show makes it very compelling. Watching Elaina teach Saya was great and I loved the part where she gave her some advice and told her that even is she's by herself she won't be alone because she'll have people rooting for her.

Can't express enough how gorgeous Elaina's character design and the general art direction of the show is.
Oct 9, 2020 7:59 AM
Jul 2018
was a good episode , I enjoyed the first one more but this anime has made a good impression on me , my only problem is as if the show goes out of its way to be lighthearted and happy go to
Oct 9, 2020 7:59 AM

Dec 2015
MrAwesome2018 said:

Elaina, The Smug Witch.

VS Wendy, The Smug Bitch.

Who Wins? You Decide!
Oct 9, 2020 8:04 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Loved Smug Elaina
Really liked Saya’s story
Also, I genuinely think that Fran is related to Saya in one way or another. They both hate mushrooms, they look similar, and the whole connection of teacher and student. Either she is saya’s mum, Her little sister, or maybe even Saya herself from the future. Fran was there to meet someone and she met her, implying that it was Elaina that she wanted to meet. Both are Clutzy, and have the same teachings that Elaina learnt/taught. Thinking about this just makes me excited to see the drama in the next episodes and see how it might crush my heart.
Other than that, LOVED the yuri,
The op and Ed were good,
Interesting world where there are platforms on top of houses without and stairs to them, for flying witches etc.
A Pretty good show this far, 0 complaints

Oct 9, 2020 8:21 AM
Mar 2016
As expected, a bad episode, well it was more enjoyable in the ln and the yuri shit there was unnecessary, one of the worst chapters in the first book and I hope this is the worst ep in this season
The op and end were nice, Choucho <3
Now I'm looking forward for the next episode, probably we will see 2 short stories (ch2+3) I hope they make it as good as the ln
Oct 9, 2020 8:24 AM

Aug 2012
Bobby2Hands said:
VS Wendy, The Smug Bitch.

Who Wins? You Decide!

100% Wendy, because she's thicc.
Oct 9, 2020 8:52 AM
Jul 2020
If there's romance in this anime (which I hope not) , Elaina for sure gonna sensei-zone her ass.
Oct 9, 2020 9:05 AM

Jun 2019
I loved the first episode and didn't think the second episode would be as good, but I was wrong. I enjoyed this episode as much if not more than the last one. We're getting to see an Elaina grown up a bit, 18 i think she said.

I loved her introduction to the audience, as if she were recounting the tale of her life to a loved one beside the fire "who is the beautiful Ashen Witch flying through the mountains that the sun has to squint at her radiance...", she's not modest in her oratory to us as the audience, but she is when interacting with others & in her behaviour.

She's very talented and beautiful and she knows it, but doesn't act spoiled or entitled in any way, apart from the glimpses we as the audience get into her state of mind, ie when she was reflecting that it'd be nice if the people of the Land of Mages would openly fawn over her for being a talented witch & she got some recognition, but she's equally fine if no one notices her.

I haven't liked the feel of a show so much, maybe ever. I adore Elaina's character design and her overall look. White/silver grey hair is my favourite, so to see the contrast between her delicate features, the ashen grey hair and the big velvet black hat makes her incredibly aesthetically appealing to me. Her smooth, casual but mature beyond her years approach and demeanour makes her a very interesting personality to go with being such a talented witch. I don't think there's any guy worthy of winning her.

Really liked both the OP & ED, tranquil and hauntingly beautiful.

@animejas completely agree with everything you said. Best show out of the ones I've seen so far from Fall 2020, although Acudama Drive is different in a good way.
23feanorOct 9, 2020 9:13 AM
Oct 9, 2020 9:23 AM

Mar 2020
Another Journey, another character, another story, another problem and finally a solution.

It's nice to see now how Elaine was now the teacher instead of the student which she was the student last episode. It's also nice to see how Elaine was able to connect with Saya and find a way to give Saya hope and happiness in her life and hopefully her future.

Lovely episode :)
Oct 9, 2020 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
Really needed more Fran in my life due to the Ara Ara!!! But I am loving Elaina more and more now. Definitely has a Kino's Journey vibe to it.

She is breaking the promise to her mother though!!! Thinking that she is someone special when she tried to get those hotel discounts. I think we will continue to see that trend throughout the series.

Great episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 9, 2020 9:26 AM

Mar 2019
Oh man my heart can take these levels of wholesomeness
Oct 9, 2020 9:30 AM
Oct 2019
Another episode that delivered.

Apparently, this episode adapted Chapter 1 of the novel I am glad they changed the order in which adapting the chapters. The character development is really being enjoyable to watch- in episode 1 Elaina was this overconfident, impatience apprentice witch seeking guidance and in episode 2 she has now become a mature adult figure giving out guidance.
I keep forgetting how powerful Elaina is- time manipulation is a fucking crazy abilities/spell to have and use. WOW!

The introduction of Saya was brilliant and I really related to her when she broke down about being lonely. It hurts and negatively affects your life and the message/advice Elaina give her was excellent. One of the favourite lines was “After this, you will be by yourself, but you will not be alone”. Even if we are by ourselves there will always be people out in the world who love you and are watching over you.

The animation looked really smooth and look amazing. C2C is doing a great job so far.
I am pretty sure this show is going to be episodic which is great world-building and further developing Eliana’s character.

Oct 9, 2020 9:55 AM

Jan 2014
Love how mature she's gone about it in today's ep. She could've really gone into her, but she didn't. From being a student in ep 1, to a teacher in ep 2. It's lovely.
Oct 9, 2020 10:17 AM
Oct 2015
Dali14 said:
As expected, a bad episode, well it was more enjoyable in the ln and the yuri shit there was unnecessary, one of the worst chapters in the first book and I hope this is the worst ep in this season
Now I'm looking forward for the next episode, probably we will see 2 short stories (ch2+3) I hope they make it as good as the ln
yeah, the yuribait is really unnecessary. Just like you, this is the worst chapter for me in volume 1, I hope they adapt those chapters because it will show Elaina's true personality.
Oct 9, 2020 10:37 AM

Jul 2015
OP is so comfy. One of the best OPs of the year.

I have high hopes for this one.

Oct 9, 2020 11:04 AM

Dec 2014
well hmm that had a good vide..was hoping something dark mixed in lol
Oct 9, 2020 11:23 AM

Aug 2012
Another great episode, Elaina is best girl from this season so far!
Oct 9, 2020 11:24 AM

Feb 2020
That was such a sweet episode ! Saya's character really touched me. I like how they aknowledged her action as wrong, while also aknowledging how she isn't a bad person, simply scared and in need of someone to reassure her.
The moral isn't anything new but I like the way it's been handled here.
I also really like Elaina, she is quite an interesting character, a bit arrogant and vain but also genuily caring.
Oct 9, 2020 11:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wholesome episode. Elaina's smug face is great xD.

From student to teacher followed by six more months of timeskip, curious to see where this is going.

Drama was so-so though, to be honest.

"Ara Ara Ara"

Damn, the Op is fantastic btw!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 9, 2020 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
This show feels like a Great Value version of Violet Evergarden. I would say it’s pretty mid. 5/10
Oct 9, 2020 12:01 PM

Mar 2016
There is so much enrichment in terms of the settings and characters already. I like how the previous episode really established how Elaina is now as a character. She doesn't look down on people, but she has a very impish and cunning side of her, which was subtly teased here, but we'll get more of in later episodes. Her dynamics with Saya really clicked so well here and I really appreciate the effort of the staff making the series looked even better visually than the likes of JJK and other high production value shows from this season, at least from my personal perspective.

Yea, let's just say me and other people like @animejas have a huge yet justified favoritism for this possible AOTS so far.
Oct 9, 2020 12:09 PM

Mar 2015
What a good episode! I really like Elaina's expressions (͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡ °). Waiting for her meeting with Saya and more adventures from Elaina.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Oct 9, 2020 12:59 PM

Jun 2013
that was heart warming
Oct 9, 2020 1:11 PM
Mar 2016
ShiroHachi said:
Dali14 said:
yeah, the yuribait is really unnecessary. Just like you, this is the worst chapter for me in volume 1, I hope they adapt those chapters because it will show Elaina's true personality.

my bad, sorry for being a normal straight person

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
KuniiOct 9, 2020 9:49 PM
Oct 9, 2020 1:28 PM

Apr 2020
Saya seems to be more of a device for Elaina to showcase her awesomness, more than beeing an actual character. Not sure, if I like this.

Got the feeling most characters will be structured like this - with a basic problem, Elaine is going to speed-run-fix^^
Oct 9, 2020 1:39 PM

Dec 2019
Another Beautiful episode, I love how this is going. It's definitely one of the best series this season so far.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Oct 9, 2020 1:52 PM
Feb 2015
Yo the animation with her wand when she did the thing
Oct 9, 2020 2:15 PM
Aug 2020
MrSunday said:
eyy this was a great episode. Elaina looks at Saya as her past when she was with Flan. Saya's character was interesting and the way how her relationship develops was also nice. Really looking forward to the next episode.

The only thing I was looking at was Mai-San in the poster
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know how long Elaina has been traveling and what age she started

Ninja_inslops - Nov 1, 2021

8 by Ranka-Nyan »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

243 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 12, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

129 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 11, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

173 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

276 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.