Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2020 8:10 AM

Jun 2009
Oh soo nice too finally see DA 5 in action and to have M-21 back

to voices arnt bad but maybe a lil unexpected and all soo young seiyuus
but im hyped and cant wait for next ep

NOBLESSE Yeah finnally more is coming ---so hyped
Oct 7, 2020 8:21 AM
Jun 2015
Ah yes, another shit hype from Manhwas readers where they will praise this as the best thing in the world.
Oct 7, 2020 8:24 AM

Apr 2020
That was a pretty nice start to the show. Not too fast and not too slow, at least from a regular anime's pace.
Oct 7, 2020 8:26 AM

Feb 2019
Pretty cool first episode, great art/animation and M-21 gets a decent amount of development from the OVA making that pretty necessary viewing to understand what’s going on here. This may be the best Crunchyroll original adaptation in terms of pacing. Everything feels like it’s flowing well. The OP and ED are bops too.
Oct 7, 2020 8:28 AM

Jul 2020
It was okay,but now I gotta watch the OVA which I just found out about.
I did like the ED sequence with the food at the end with the syrup dripping. It made me hungry asf lol.
Oct 7, 2020 8:29 AM
Apr 2018
Hold on, guys... So what are Japanese names of these Korean manhwa/webtoon Noblesse human characters in Crunchyroll adaption like Woo Ik-Han and Han Shin-Woo?

The last time in Fox Spirit Matchmaker from China to Japanese adaption, the mostly main character is Haku Gessho, the Japanese name of Bai Yuechu.
CHAKA24Oct 7, 2020 8:34 AM
Oct 7, 2020 8:32 AM

Jun 2020
The constant shift in tone is so ......awkward. I found the comedy quite out of place. And oh wow the OP is sung by Jaejoong! That’s a name I haven’t seen in a while.

On 2nd thought I think I’ll enjoy the webtoon more than this anime. The character designs itself are throwing me off. Shinwoo looks like a completely different person.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 7, 2020 8:43 AM

Jun 2019
Really enjoyed the first episode. I hope at least this time Crunchyroll won't fuck things up like the last couple of their projects.
Oct 7, 2020 8:44 AM

Apr 2013
Wonder how this will turn out, considering they changed the whole scene with the car comming on the campus, which also was used to introduce one of the characters which then did not appear, not an important character, but more on the premise they changed it from the get go.
Oct 7, 2020 8:44 AM

Feb 2014
Now this is how you adapt a manhwa. No rush and calm before the storm. It's good to see the cast back with Raizel and his adventures into midgard. Can't wait to see the nobles in action. Seira at the end was cool. Now we wait for Raskeria.

Also Hyde did that OP collab which was so cool.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 7, 2020 8:48 AM
Jun 2020
this episode felt really well paced unlike tog and goh.

finally watching one of my fav webtoons on anime.
Oct 7, 2020 9:08 AM

Jul 2017
So the anime is starting off at the second arc eh... actually not a bad move considering the key visuals had characters show up near 200 chapters in and the first 80 were already adapted in the Awakening OVA.

While the pacing doesn't feel as horrendous as The God of High School and shows signs of normality, it's less entertaining/interesting overall, and the cast here still fails to shine for me. Tone shifts were not good too and Production IG's visuals look a bit cheap and underwhelming for their standards without much that stands out about it.
Oct 7, 2020 9:11 AM
Apr 2017
animejas said:
So the anime is starting off at the second arc eh... actually not a bad move considering the key visuals had characters show up near 200 chapters in and the first 80 were already adapted in the Awakening OVA.

While the pacing doesn't feel as horrendous as The God of High School and shows signs of normality, it's less entertaining/interesting overall, and the cast here still fails to shine for me. Tone shifts were not good too and Production IG's visuals look a bit cheap and underwhelming for their standards without much that stands out about it.
you need to watch 2016 ova first..
Oct 7, 2020 9:13 AM

Jul 2017
Natsu2222 said:
you need to watch 2016 ova first..

Saw it and read the whole webtoon too.
Oct 7, 2020 9:19 AM
Nov 2010
animejas said:

Hmm, so should I watch the OVA first before watching this?
Oct 7, 2020 9:21 AM

Mar 2020
Noblesse oh Noblesse, being the third WEBTOON adaptation ever made and I'm pretty bored. This anime does not intrigue me in any way nor do I find it interesting. I'm hoping the show will pick up.
Oct 7, 2020 9:21 AM

Jul 2017
eplipswich said:

Hmm, so should I watch the OVA first before watching this?

I'd suggest it, to get the proper introduction to a lot of the main cast you will see for these episodes and a basic introduction to the franchise itself.
Oct 7, 2020 9:26 AM

Mar 2016
Even having seen the OVAs, this was underwhelming as shit. At least it didn’t feel rushed, but it does feel like lots of stuff was notably cut or compressed. Not sure why it’s a rigged necessity to watch the OVAs to begin with.
Oct 7, 2020 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
how many chapters did it adapt,webtoon readers?
Oct 7, 2020 9:50 AM

Jan 2020
This actually was kinda boring imo, and I definitely enjoyed the first episode of GOH more. I’m assuming Raizel will actually do something after this because he seemed like a bland character in this episode. Obviously it’s only 1 episode and I’ll watch the prequel to get a better understanding of the series.
Oct 7, 2020 10:06 AM
Sep 2017
what's with the 6.90 score tho? it's still the first episode and it was great in my opinion
Oct 7, 2020 10:07 AM

Dec 2011
I wish they could start from the beginning as the OVA was released years ago. Also seem like there is no Yuna in this adaptation. I wanted to see Rai vs door so bad :(
kaitonicOct 7, 2020 10:20 AM
Oct 7, 2020 10:07 AM

Oct 2012
Best line: "What the heck. There eyes turned into hearts"
Thought this was pretty good. Nothing amazing yet but I enjoyed Awakening so I think this will continue to get better.
Oct 7, 2020 10:10 AM
Councilor

Apr 2017
A very nice beginning. Nothing too special production-wise.

I recommend everyone watch the prequel episode, Nobelesse: Awakening, before you start this season. It will give you a much better understanding and footing for this first episode.

I loved the OP and ED songs. Really catchy.

Raizel is learning more things about this world and got a smartphone! That team that came to Japan is the immediate threat and one could assume we're going to see more action in the next couple of episodes.

Excited to see where it goes from here!
ChaduosOct 8, 2020 11:46 AM
Oct 7, 2020 10:10 AM
Oct 2019
At first, I thought the first episode was okay-I didn’t realise you have to watch the 2016 OVA (Noblesse: Awakening). However, after watching the OVA and then rewatching the first episode of Noblesse everything clicked, made more sense and made episode one far more enjoyable. For example, the waiting for the ramen to multiply, Shinwu/Yusuke arm being broken etc make so much more sense.

The opening scene was pretty good and action-packaged, maybe I am reading into this too much, but I liked the imagery of the spider catching/killing it prey- a moth. Might symbolise the strong preying the weak in this case the genetically enhance superhuman versus the regular humans.

The Union especially that group of genetically enhance superhuman assassins are going to be a massive problem. They killed over 324 people. Wow! For one organisation to have all that power is very dangerous.

Both the OVA and the first episode help to develop M-21 character and make me like him even more. I hope he finds whatever makes him happy not just be him but for M-24.
Shinwu/Yusuke and Manabu are some intriguing character I wonder how they what they roles are in this seemly crazy and supernatural story.

Hopefully having the OVA cover some of the story will help to keep a good place and not rush like another webtoon/manhwa adaptation. The OP was pretty good I think it will grow on me and I listen to it more.
As an anime-only, the first episode of Noblesse was pretty good, can’t wait for future episodes.

chid_emordi1Oct 7, 2020 10:15 AM
Oct 7, 2020 10:15 AM

Mar 2016
>Changed Rai's Hair
>Changed the plot
>Showed 2 characters at the end that wasn't necessary
>Ending theme that has no relation to the anime
>Rushed

Yeah, I have no words for this. They did butcher it. Crunchyroll sucks.

Noblesse: Awakening and Noblesse: The Beginning of Destruction is the only good thing for this series.
Oct 7, 2020 10:18 AM
Jul 2014
Not gonna lie that was just kinda dull
Oct 7, 2020 10:23 AM

Apr 2020
Webtoons are trash bro I knew there wasn't something wrong with me for not being able to get into them I'm just blessed with above average taste
KaasfondueOct 7, 2020 10:26 AM
Oct 7, 2020 10:28 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
It seems like this episode picks up where Noblesse: Awakening left off in which Shin-Woo Han and his friends had their memories of being attacked by the Union erased. M-21 has decided to join Raizel's team and work as a security guard at the school. At the same time, The Union has made their way to Japan to conduct an investigation and track down Noblesse. The Noblesse series seems interesting and having Noblesse: Awakening serve as a prequel was a great way to establish the main characters and reveal some of the story's plot. I just hope its not rushed compared to ToG and GoH.
Oct 7, 2020 10:38 AM
Feb 2012
surprisingly does not look as cheap as the visuals and pv made it seem

the episode gives little incentive to watch unless you are already previously a fan

this is really making a case for people to go read the webtoon instead because unlike Tower of God and God of High School, Noblesse is complete and the art work is superior to those previous 2
Oct 7, 2020 10:44 AM
Aug 2019
This episode just felt kinda bland. I watched the Awakening OVA and I honestly liked that one more. At least this doesn't feel extremely rushed, but it was a bit on the boring side.
Oct 7, 2020 11:33 AM

May 2018
And I thought this will be about The Dark Reunion...those Union guys look like weaklings in comparison.
Oct 7, 2020 11:37 AM
Aug 2020
Tbh, why are there reviews of the anime rn on the front page, the remaining 12 episodes haven’t been aired yet, and it makes this episode discussion kinda useless
Ofcool2947Oct 7, 2020 11:48 AM
Oct 7, 2020 11:41 AM
Jul 2020
This was great. I seems like it’s going to pace well in the future. The characters don’t have fun personalities.
Oct 7, 2020 11:53 AM

Oct 2018
what the f is this sh!t........ good god..
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Oct 7, 2020 11:57 AM
PC_Principal
Oct 2015
I'm far from impressed with this first episode. Every character is a walking trope, dialogue is beyond bland, tries to use edgy stuff to no effect etc. I'll hold my opinion on the source material but this adaption so far does little to nothing right.
Oct 7, 2020 12:11 PM

Jun 2014
All I ask is that this remains somewhat consistently cohesive throughout its run, rather than starting off decently and then crashing and burning into a cacophony of ass like God of High School.

Pretty average start imo, picks up where the Awakening OVA left off but there wasn't really anything crazy or all that interesting. I'm hopeful that things will pick up in the coming episodes.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 7, 2020 12:28 PM

Nov 2016
Here we go again.

Entertaining start. Premise, tropes and storytelling, this is the stuff I'm into and for now this series got my attention. Just hope it stays that way 🤞🏻

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2020 12:31 PM
Apr 2017
Hello, should i watch the awakening and Noblesse: Pamyeol-ui Sijak before watching the anime?
Oct 7, 2020 12:33 PM

Oct 2020
Now this was better than I expected, pacing was good unlike the other webtoon adaptations we've seen so far
Oct 7, 2020 12:46 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
rcozm said:
Hello, should i watch the awakening and Noblesse: Pamyeol-ui Sijak before watching the anime?

You can refer to the first post of this thread or take a look at some other threads in this board. You definitely need to watch The Awakening beforehand. The other one might have a different answer depending on who you ask.
Oct 7, 2020 1:04 PM

Mar 2014
Yeah I'm convinced that Japan and the anime studios (or maybe it's just Crunchyroll) are trying to kill the webtoon hype. Not that I care about this medium, it's just some of these manhwa deserve have a faithful adaptation. I guess not in Japan's animation(anime) :/
Oct 7, 2020 1:27 PM

Aug 2008
Lol are a lot of good manwha i see some trah talk them
Sadly im a fan of noblesse, yet i must say wth change the school incident
Instead of yuna to add a generic character ?
The phone part too and lol was funny in the webtoon when m-21 receved a message too
Sadly not fan of op or end song so i will skip them... i loved goh one *misses that cool op*
The animation is not as fluid as i Would love
Yet i will still watch it
The spider is watching
Oct 7, 2020 1:29 PM

Mar 2017
Not a very thrilling first ep but the prequel is lit so I'm hoping that future episodes will match up once the foundations of the story have been laid.

I'm a bit worried though because although this didn't have the usual rushed feel of a Crunchyroll anime, if there's going to be the standard 13 eps then this pace is going to be too slow for any real plot to get going.
Oct 7, 2020 1:31 PM

Jul 2020
I enjoyed the episode. Nothing too crazy, interesting premise. I really hope it doesn't end up being like GoH or ToG because this has the potential to be a pretty solid show
Oct 7, 2020 1:44 PM
Jun 2020
AnimeFanTalk said:
Yeah I'm convinced that Japan and the anime studios (or maybe it's just Crunchyroll) are trying to kill the webtoon hype. Not that I care about this medium, it's just some of these manhwa deserve have a faithful adaptation. I guess not in Japan's animation(anime) :/

To be honest, there was never any hype for any of the webtoon anime in Japan. In Japan, the 3 webtoon adaptations got basically no advertisement, so they're not made for the Japanese audience. Also, most people in Japan never heard of webtoons.

I don't know how Noblesse is gonna do. But I do know that the 3 webtoon anime are American (Crunchyroll) funded works made for a non-Japanese audience. The Japanese studios only made them because Crunchyroll asked them to.

P.S. I'm not hating on actual Korean webtoons. But in my opinion, Korean animation studios should've adapted them instead.

*********************************************************************************************************************

The lists in this link keep changing each season. But in each season, no webtoon anime was present in any of the popularity lists:
https://mipon.org/anime-popular-right-now-japan/

This reddit post by a Japanese gives some insight about webtoons' lack of popularity in Japan:
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/gcswky/opinion_japan_will_not_keeping_adapting_webtoon/

Japanese fans' most anticipated anime for each season of 2020:
Spring 2020: https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/03/28/japanese-fans-pick-their-most-anticipated-spring-2020-tv-anime-by-online-voting
Summer 2020: https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/07/03/japanese-fans-pick-their-most-anticipated-summer-2020-tv-anime
Fall 2020: https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/10/06/the-irregular-at-magic-high-school-visitor-arc-tops-japanese-fans-fall-2020-tv-anime-anticipation-ranking
FxREEEOct 7, 2020 2:01 PM
Oct 7, 2020 1:46 PM

May 2018
Not bad.....................not bad at all.
Oct 7, 2020 1:55 PM
May 2016
Didn’t really enjoy the animation quality nor character design and the almost boys over flowers type intro of the MC. Don’t think I’ll be watching this one.
Oct 7, 2020 2:11 PM
Oct 2018
As a reader of Manwa I must say: This adaptation is horrible. For those who don't know there were two ovas, the first one in 2015, which serve as a prequel to this anime. They preferred NOT TO LEAVE THIS FACT CLEAR! They consider it canon to the anime while not considering them canon to the anime... They adapted the beginning of Manwa at the same time that the beginning had already been adapted, created a situation similar to The New 52 and Batman. Everything that came before the anime is considered but at the same time, it is not!

The lack of explanation on how the characters got to know each other and got to where they are has left it looking like it is just a TERRIBLE SCRIPT! What to be honest, it is. I'll watch a little more to know what they're going to do, but I have to say: It has everything to be the WORST adaptation of Webtoon this year, which includes TGOH and that thrash adaptation. Good luck to us all.
Oct 7, 2020 2:20 PM
Jan 2017
Anyone know if the ED was rendered in RTX or was just a different type of CG?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 11, 2020

63 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 26, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Leo - Oct 21, 2020

82 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:23 PM

» Noblesse season 2

quarterhorse2525 - Sep 19, 2023

7 by Saiche »»
Nov 12, 2023 2:18 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 9, 2020

49 by Glowinginthedark »»
Oct 10, 2023 9:48 AM

» Ep. 1 is on Crunchyroll dubs' YouTube.

Animecritic40 - May 1, 2023

6 by Animecritic40 »»
Aug 2, 2023 5:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.