Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 5, 2020 7:10 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
MyAnimeList will only support Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2+ beginning October 20, 2020. There has been a push from the Internet Engineering Task Force and browser creators to deprecate the old 1.0/1.1 protocols due to vulnerabilities associated with them. Most major browsers will have stopped supporting TLS 1.0/1.1 by the end of last month (September) and we will be updating our services to also end support for these protocols. You can read more about why this is necessary here.

If you use an updated web browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.) on an updated operating system, this change should not affect you. Globally, 97.96% of browsers support TLS 1.2+.

However, if you use an older system and/or non-standard browser, please use Zoom's test site to check for compatibility. If it says "TLS 1.1 Deactivation Test Passed," then you will be able to connect to MyAnimeList without problems. If the test is not passed, then please investigate how to enable TLS 1.2 on your personal setup before October 20.
Oct 6, 2020 5:16 AM

Jan 2009
TLS 1.1 Deactivation Test Passed is my result guess its expected considering i got the latest FireFox browser version

nice more security is always good too
Oct 6, 2020 8:42 AM

Dec 2019
Really good news, MAL is now evolving.
Oct 6, 2020 10:33 AM
Aug 2015
Am on mobile, but would Opera GX work fine as well?
Oct 6, 2020 1:49 PM

Aug 2018
MTG980 said:

Why don't you try it and see.
Oct 6, 2020 9:30 PM
Aug 2015
Uchuuu said:
MTG980 said:

Because I am an unbelievably lazy person
Oct 7, 2020 12:35 AM

Mar 2016
MTG980 said:
Uchuuu said:

If your Opera GX using the current/up-to-date version, it should be fine, because they're using the "same" version as Chrome/Chromium.

Signature layout designed by myself,
using Microsoft Office PowerPoint and Paint.NET
Oct 7, 2020 6:25 AM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
MTG980 said:

I just checked the compatibility test, everything should be okay
9cycle cycle9

Oct 7, 2020 11:50 AM
Aug 2015
nattadasu said:
MTG980 said:

If your Opera GX using the current/up-to-date version, it should be fine, because they're using the "same" version as Chrome/Chromium.
Thanks! I chekced it out myself and you're right.
Oct 7, 2020 11:50 AM
Aug 2015
RokokoWRLD said:
MTG980 said:

I just checked the compatibility test, everything should be okay
Yeah, same here, that's a good thing; at least I don't have to switch browsers haha
Oct 7, 2020 12:42 PM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
Man Opera GX is really the best browser I wonder how many people use it
9cycle cycle9

Oct 9, 2020 1:18 AM

Dec 2014
RokokoWRLD said:

Probably not a ton, given how gimmicky it comes off. Opera is a great mobile browser, one of the few out there that actually has text reflow, but Chromium Edge is probably the best balance between ram usage and efficiency that browsers have to offer right now.
Oct 9, 2020 12:18 PM

Sep 2016
Surprised my Firefox 65 based browser doesn't fail the test.
Google documents keep saying me my browser is obsolete and incompatible (though if I click close on the popup it just works anyway), while some other sites like Gameforge straight out kick me out of the page and tell me to use the newest version of Firefox or Chrome.

My other browser (Chrome 69 based) passed as well.

I'll try FF 52.9 ESR for shits and giggles now, lol.
Edit: lmao even 52.9 ESR (it's like 4 years old and 2 version of ESR outdated) doesn't fail the test looool
FullyChargedOct 9, 2020 12:21 PM
bruh
Oct 9, 2020 3:34 PM
Jul 2018
This is really great. MAL is getting some upgardes!
Oct 10, 2020 9:48 AM

Aug 2018
RokokoWRLD said:

Opera steals all your data and Chrome all your RAM. Chromium-based Edge is unironically the best browser you can use right about now.
Oct 10, 2020 12:48 PM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
Well frankly I don't even care about my data. If they provide me with a good browser with awesome feautures, then I am willing to share them my data of daily watching anime and jerking off to disgusting hentai
9cycle cycle9

Oct 11, 2020 12:51 PM

Oct 2008
RokokoWRLD said:
Well frankly I don't even care about my data. If they provide me with a good browser with awesome feautures, then I am willing to share them my data of daily watching anime and jerking off to disgusting hentai

Except in some countries disgusting hentai is illegal and you can go to jail if they get their hands on your data. Don't underestimate what can be done with your data.
Oct 12, 2020 12:23 AM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
akihikosama said:
RokokoWRLD said:

Except in some countries disgusting hentai is illegal and you can go to jail if they get their hands on your data. Don't underestimate what can be done with your data.

No goverment, except for maybe some radical religious ones, will go out their way to catch a teenager who watches/reads hentai. They go for the websites and individuals who spreads hentai specifically with underage characters, but there is just no law, atleast that I know of, that makes you a criminal for jerking off xd
9cycle cycle9

Oct 12, 2020 4:41 AM

Oct 2019
MikuIsWaifu_x said:
RokokoWRLD said:

Probably not a ton, given how gimmicky it comes off. Opera is a great mobile browser, one of the few out there that actually has text reflow, but Chromium Edge is probably the best balance between ram usage and efficiency that browsers have to offer right now.

To my knowledge Edge (all its versions) is only available for Windose. I don't use Windose and I haven't used it for nearly 15 years, so I cannot even test Edge. Browsers and apps of any kind that are restricted to a single OS are and have always been a horrible idea. The same applies to APIs, like DirectX 12; what do you know... also from Microsoft.

Chromium Edge is an even worse example, because Chromium is cross-platform. So in this case Chromium Edge was artificially limited to work only with Windose... There might be a couple more but I know of only a single Microsoft product that has been ported to Linux, and that's Visual Studio Code. A macOS port also exists. Why Code? Because developers and programmers usually prefer Linux over Windose ;-)
Oct 12, 2020 6:46 AM
Dec 2019
Sharpedon said:
MikuIsWaifu_x said:

To my knowledge Edge (all its versions) is only available for Windose. I don't use Windose and I haven't used it for nearly 15 years, so I cannot even test Edge. Browsers and apps of any kind that are restricted to a single OS are and have always been a horrible idea. The same applies to APIs, like DirectX 12; what do you know... also from Microsoft.

Chromium Edge is an even worse example, because Chromium is cross-platform. So in this case Chromium Edge was artificially limited to work only with Windose... There might be a couple more but I know of only a single Microsoft product that has been ported to Linux, and that's Visual Studio Code. A macOS port also exists. Why Code? Because developers and programmers usually prefer Linux over Windose ;-)

Chromium Edge is also available on macOS :|
Oct 13, 2020 3:54 AM

Oct 2014
firefox 56 supports tls 1.2 and 1.3 so I should be fine.
Oct 13, 2020 4:04 AM

Jun 2015
Oh boy, to imagine an organisation and web platform as large as you's are still allowing a protocol considered unsecured for the last several years. Well, nice to see yourselves dragging yourself into the 2020's. Hopefully you can sort out the site going down every time Crunchy launches a new webtoon adapation :P
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 13, 2020 7:47 AM

Mar 2016
TorchedSammy said:
Sharpedon said:

Chromium Edge is also available on macOS :|
And also will launced to Linux lol as beta channel on the end of this month '-')

Signature layout designed by myself,
using Microsoft Office PowerPoint and Paint.NET
Oct 13, 2020 4:13 PM

Sep 2020
More Security is always good and it supports almost all new browsers so yeh this is Very good news :)
An anime obsessed person who might become a Yandere, BTW Yuno is my sensei :)

Oct 14, 2020 12:30 AM

Jan 2020
Gladly, my browser passed the deactivation test.
Oct 15, 2020 6:56 AM

Jan 2020
Rip XP users
Oct 15, 2020 8:38 PM

Dec 2015
LukYuki said:
Rip XP users

sorry, Edge works on Windows XP too. my WinXP laptop uses it just fine. :) it's my backup PC.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Oct 17, 2020 1:36 AM

Sep 2010
RokokoWRLD said:
No goverment, except for maybe some radical religious ones, will go out their way to catch a teenager who watches/reads hentai. They go for the websites and individuals who spreads hentai specifically with underage characters, but there is just no law, atleast that I know of, that makes you a criminal for jerking off xd
laughs in Russian
...you have no idea.
cries in Russian
LukYuki said:
Rip XP users
XP user reporting in. All fine and dandy on my end, test passed in flying colours. Joke on you. :-b

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Oct 17, 2020 6:05 AM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
kitsune0 said:
RokokoWRLD said:
laughs in Russian
...you have no idea.
cries in Russian
LukYuki said:
Rip XP users
XP user reporting in. All fine and dandy on my end, test passed in flying colours. Joke on you. :-b

Well I'm russian myself so :) Privet comrade
9cycle cycle9

More topics from this board

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

211 by Kauam_ »»
4 hours ago

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3335 by --sayori-- »»
6 hours ago

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - Feb 23

194 by Seruki123 »»
Apr 14, 9:54 AM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

144 by The_real_maomao »»
Apr 9, 4:26 PM

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

121 by Vaturna »»
Apr 4, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.