Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 4, 2020 5:03 AM
Apr 2018
I accidently clicked on "5 ratings ; wanted to click on 3."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

03:59 "That monster....spoke" ------ see their reaction, guys. :)

- "VERGINE" or VIRGIN. Man, what's going on in BELL's head ; Is he gonna take this chance?! --- HESTIA then suggests WIENE-kun, Or WEINER-kun. ---> By the way, what's going on in my head?
- 06:38 HARUHIME's reaction, both Kawaii & Eroii!

- I wanna see AIS. :)

Like always, Childish, fun & average episode.
Oct 4, 2020 5:48 AM

May 2011

oh god haruhime is so cute <3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 4, 2020 6:05 AM
Oct 2020
I love it im just waiting for upcoming episodes
Oct 4, 2020 6:37 AM

Dec 2010
Tsugu's harem is back with Inorin, Mayayan, Saorin.

So far alright episode for a premiere.
Oct 4, 2020 6:57 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
cute ep

I feel that Wiene is gong to be very very strong at some point in this season
Oct 4, 2020 11:24 AM

Sep 2014
Good to see this show's back and Bell's at it again already, but who can blame him, Wiene must be protected at all costs hnnggg.
Starting off with a bit of bath fanservice too not bad.
Haruhime was really cute too <3 and tsun Lili as usual ^^
nerfxOct 4, 2020 11:31 AM
Oct 4, 2020 11:56 AM
Mar 2015
Wiene is a real cutie She does have a dangerous side
Oct 4, 2020 1:44 PM
Jul 2019
And another Bell's harem member appears, and her name is Wiene......

And it looks like someone in Hestia's familia doesn't trust Wiene.....
from the looks of the ending Bell might side with them monsters and may also cause a rift between him and Ains......
Oct 4, 2020 2:45 PM

Mar 2010
Great first episode, these talking monsters are nb. I hope she becomes Op asf.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 5, 2020 6:39 AM
Apr 2018
Good episode to start of with the 3rd season.
Wiene is adorable and must protect, bell always showing his kind nature. But the Familia is definitely gonna get in more trouble because of this, more reasons for bell to get stronger and more character development.
Haruhime had really cute scenes as well especially in the maid uniform.
Hestia again showing her love & trust in bell and putting faith in his decisions
This scene was really wholesome and sweet for me.

The opening and ending kind of revealed lot of stuff and some serious things are gonna pop up soon. Hopefully this season is gonna be better and do justice to the LN.
Oct 5, 2020 7:54 AM

Feb 2014
Season 3 has gotten off to a pretty good start, which does make it more promising than season 2, thankfully.

Wiene is simply adorable. Thanks to Bell putting himself on the line to protect her, even from his own friends, he was able to take Wiene into the safety of the familiar. It didn't take long for her to be able to speak and communicate with everyone else so easily. Not to forget, her precious smile needs to be protected at ANY cost! =3

Still, I can't blame the others from acting very hostile at her at first, since she's technically as monster, so it was pretty interesting and see how the others warmed up to her. Lili might be the exception to that right now, but I still enjoyed her reactions, too. =P

Things are happening behind the scenes which I won't be surprised if it drags the Hestia Familiar into it, but either way, that's something to look forward to. Animation quality is already much better than the first half of season 2, which is a very good thing. Hopefully J.C Staff cam keep that for the whole season this time. =)
Oct 6, 2020 8:42 AM
Feb 2019
Loved it!🥰😂🤣😂😊❤🥰👍
Oct 6, 2020 1:31 PM

Apr 2016
I’m not sure, this arc doesn’t seem to be that interesting. I hope I’m wrong.
Oct 6, 2020 10:09 PM
May 2016
Surprised at how quickly it took for this to get intense. Probably the most invested I've felt watching Danmachi while the rest of the series has mostly had me bored at worst and mildly interested at best. Hopefully this one doesn't drop the ball like season 2.
Oct 8, 2020 12:58 AM

Oct 2008
alright let's buckle-up danmachi S3 here we go!
5/5.

Oct 8, 2020 8:49 PM

Mar 2015
Off to a great start for me. I'm loving the monster girls additional especially the harpy who I saw in the intro. Always been an idea of mine to fight for the monsters instead of the humans so the entire premise rings awesome for me.
Oct 10, 2020 9:01 PM
Jul 2018
Wiene-chan isso cute, but she's a monster. Got saved by soft-hearted Bell.
Oct 11, 2020 3:09 AM
Oct 2019

Before You Watch DanMachi Season 3 - Things to Know

DanMachi S3 Cut Content and Review - Episode 1

ithyphallic60Oct 11, 2020 3:19 AM
Oct 12, 2020 9:13 AM
Mar 2020
So he actualy picked up a girl in the dungeon for once? Meta.
Wish this would be more about decent story than about fanservice but I guess thats not a thing in this series.
Points on the cute Monster girl tho.
Oct 13, 2020 6:58 AM

Sep 2020
Ngl, after the 2nd season and the amount of fanservice that happened ever since it aired, I had low expectations for this season. It felt like the show abandoned everything story-related in favor of fanservice. However, I was pleasantly surprised and I am really glad that they decided to explore this premise with the gods hiding something and from the looks of it, the OP hints at monsters siding with Bell, so I'm really curious how they'll approach the whole gods-monsters-humans shabang. The fanservice is still there of course, but oh well, DanMachi was an ecchi series ever since Hestia first appeared on screen so whatever.

Also, Wiene is adorable, but I started liking her especially after the part where she hurt Bell and then opened up to him later by telling him about her dreams. Good stuff!
Oct 13, 2020 8:19 AM
Jun 2016
Im fed up with the trope of the mc only saving pretty girls and treating everybody else like air. Is it just me who found this premise really stupid. There was absolutely no reason Bell should have saved Wiene. I get it that the plot wont go on otherwise but this really is stupid. Even his comrades ask him if he saved her just because of the pretty face. Pretty sure im not gonna like this season(well the last got pretty stupid too)
Oct 13, 2020 1:59 PM
Oct 2020
perfect episode, the monster girl is very cute, and the opening surpassed the previous one
Oct 13, 2020 2:00 PM
Oct 2020
perfect episode, the monster girl is very cute, and the opening surpassed the previous one
Oct 14, 2020 4:26 PM

Jul 2013
Danmachi is here again in its 3rd, technically 4th season. And I'm here again against my better judgment. Well I guess when they say picking up girls in the dungeon, it's not exclusive to human girls. And I've seen the opening song, looks like Bell is gonna party up with a bunch of others monsters lol
Oct 14, 2020 4:35 PM

Feb 2017
Oh dang I was disappointed with season to, one of the biggest anime letdowns in my life. Though hopefully season 3 will get Danmachi back on track as source readers have also told that this is by far the best arc, and I can agree that atleast from first episode it feel so much better than previous season. That was a random clusterfuck imo.
Oct 15, 2020 11:24 PM

Feb 2019
Not a bad opening to the season, I'd say. It implies a pretty political conflict in the future, while reintroducing each of the characters' personalities. I can't believe they named her Wiene. It's literally a letter away from 'wiener,' and I can't stop hearing 'wiener' every time they call for her. She reminds me of a blue version of young Zero Two-- the way she's been mistreated, the way she hasn't been exposed to human society, and the way that she gets attached to whoever gives her kindness. I don't dislike this trope per se, but I hope they develop her character further. I just don't want another Yui situation from SAO. Also, the fanservice every time Hestia moves is insane.

Overall, I hope they really get into conflicts and big problems that they need many episodes to overcome. The bar wasn't set very high from the previous season, so I hope this one will exceed expectations.
Oct 19, 2020 5:55 AM

Aug 2016
I cringe at "We all love Bell and each other because familia" scenes, I know I felt same previous season, they tend to really push that, and honestly I hate normally those Loli/daughter addition to adventures cliche, but this one seemed okay so far. Let's see.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2020 9:36 PM

Mar 2019
Most of this episode was really cute, Haruhime is probably my favorite now. Overall i like how this show looks, good character design and decent animation, hopefully the story picks up.
Nov 7, 2020 2:18 AM
Jun 2014
Jesus christ this monster girl is just pure cancer for the fat, worthless otakus going "Kawaiiiiii". This show went wretched quite fast.
Nov 11, 2020 5:44 AM
Dec 2017
I really liked the first season of this anime a lot, and then the second a little bit less. This is the third season right? I'm liking it less now.

This anime is based on video game or fantasy rules. In all fantasy and games, the monsters were able to talk. The definition of what defines a monster literally had nothing to do with their ability to communicate. Even the old monsters in the previous seasons had some type of ability to communicate. Should we mass murder or genocide any beings that cannot speak English? That is obviously a ridiculous question to ask.

However, what they made an RPG where the only way to level up was the mass murder little cute LOLI girls that were begging not to be murdered by you. That is a very fucked up game. This is one fucked up universe we are setting in this anime.
Nov 12, 2020 10:21 AM

Dec 2010
This season looks like it might be more fun than the previous one, I really hope for it myself.
Nov 19, 2020 3:16 PM

Jul 2016
That sure was a spoiler-ish OP, uh?

So, Bell is back again with his harem and this time, he got another new addition in the form of a loli dragon named Wiene.
Honestly, after such atrocious season 2, it's hard to believe this series can be worse and considering the praise this particular arc has, I simply hope I don't end up feeling as frustrated as I did with Haruhime's mediocre arc. So far, the concept of intelligent monsters is intriguing enough so let's hope that's a good sign.
Nov 28, 2020 2:47 PM
Oct 2017
Finally an 'okay' episode for this series.
Dec 2, 2020 12:39 AM
Oct 2019
That was good. Not great.

I hope there's more dungeon in this season than season 2.

The clinginess of this monster-girl to Bell is understandable, but still annoying. We all fully expect her to eventually have some "test of self" where she starts to lose it and start attacking adventurers again or something, right?
Dec 16, 2020 12:52 PM

Aug 2017
Not a good start if they keep adding girls to Bell harem. Also, why everyone is afraid of monsters who could talk and look like humans now? They live with many races and right now they are afraid. I don't remember this story being mentioned or hinted before. Terrible first episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 21, 2020 4:09 PM

Apr 2019
Monster girl from the dungeon who speaks english and has the mentality of a 7 year old. Burst out laughing when she scratched bell at the start. Don't know if it was supposed to be funny or dramatic. Don't have many expectations for this season because of how bad s2 was but i'll keep watching anyway.

Dec 23, 2020 7:55 AM

May 2015
I would name her Bob.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 4, 2021 2:11 PM

Apr 2016
Wiene is sooo adorable. I like her already. She'll definitely cause some problems for the Hestia familia later though.

Hmm that confession from Wiene during the bed scene was interesting. It seems there's more to her past than I initially thought.
Mar 9, 2021 5:21 AM

Sep 2012
7min in and its already amusing going in to Witcher territory with sentient monsters

new take responsibility and be a good father (they they star calling him father) lol

i really hope the robed guy on the throne actually wants this contact that more like her come and then they could push for peace, i hope its hes goal

would have done same as bell :D
Sugram22Mar 9, 2021 5:55 AM
Jul 3, 2021 8:51 AM

May 2016
I totally missed this show and forgot about it, decent episode for starters looking forward
to see Wiene monster side and they will approach it, Hermes seems be collecting information
for Ouranus and he already spying on them with that Owl, hopefully things get juicy.
Jul 13, 2021 4:40 AM
Jun 2021
that was very good i watched two time
Apr 15, 2022 7:01 AM

May 2020
They sure got accustomed fast with that monster girl i guess, didn't even take half of an episode lol. Again though, don't even want to mention Bell and his knack of randomly encountering any girl and straight up talking about protecting her or anything along those lines. So yeah i see another addition to this ever growing harem.

Definitely not a single speck of improvement from that abysmally of second season.
Jun 29, 2022 5:17 AM

Jan 2020
After the mess that was season two, I am going into this with zero expectations.

They take this monster out of its natural habitat, and then impose their own rules on it. This is one of the fundamental problems I have with Bell as a character. He almost comes off as a pretentious crusader, enforcing his, and only his, ideals onto others. If Wiene, ridiculous name by the way, wants to not wear this cloak, I don't see any reason she needs to. Monster culture is presumably different from Human culture. Yet, Bell is basically like, "It's improper for young ladies to do such things." Even though she's an entirely different species. Bell doesn't care about living and letting live, he cares about forcing people to follow what he believes is best. It's a slippery slope and I don't like it.

Anyway, my great disdain for Bell doesn't actually affect how I feel about the story as a whole. I do feel like there are still some weird pacing issues in this first episode. But, overall, it seems like a more interesting, stronger start than what season two had.

I will say, it's somewhat weird that there is such prejudice against a humanoid monster, simply because it's a monster. I don't see how any of the humans with animal traits, like Haruhime, who is part fox, is all that different? Do they really consider hybrids like that more human than monsters? Even Lili was like, "claws grow back," but humans clip their finger nails too? I don't know, it's just weird. I have seen humans with animal ears and tails classified as monsters in other series and games, so what, in this particular series, marks a distinction between the two?

As a final thought: I'm guessing with the focus of bridging the gap between humans and monsters this season, Bell will ultimately learn to talk-no-jutsu them so they can avoid killing the Black Dragon. Especially since that group of people, from last season, mentioned not being sure what they'd do if it ever died and they lost its protection.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 1, 2022 5:08 PM

Jan 2019
That moment where she scratched Bell's arm and drew that much blood gave me some big horror vibes! Makes me curious to see if this focus on the monsters will lean more into horror elements.

One of my favourite moments from the first season was the dread I felt as Bell was dragging Welf and Lili along, trying to outrun the Goliath, so I'd love to see more of that!

Jul 28, 2022 12:23 AM
Aug 2020
Honestly, I didn't like this premise, too over the top for me, it seems like preachy crap. I'll see where this will go, but I dont have high hopes for it.
Aug 21, 2022 8:51 PM

Apr 2022
Creepy bad guys and cool/cute amazing girl that I already forgot their... name...
Oct 17, 2022 2:47 PM
Nov 2016
somewhat cliche, but was entertaining
Nov 7, 2022 11:47 AM

Apr 2013
A speaking monster this time, huh... sounds like we'll handle the subject of why monsters are aggressive in this season. Good to see the gang again at the very least.
Nov 7, 2022 6:01 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Finally here at the third season, they really just throw you right in with this monster girl plot, there’s literally no introduction lol, but I like that. Things moved kinda fast too, it didn’t take long and the monster girl who they named Wiene is already really cozy with the Hestia familia complete with a lot of wholesome moments, she’s great for sure. And it looks like this is gonna turn out to be really serious based on what the Hermes familia is up to and the rumors about talking monsters going around, as well as those OP visuals, this looks like it’ll be an exciting season. I don’t ride any Season 2 hate but I feel this could end up being my favorite season so far, but we’ll have to wait and see.

And that OP was awesome too, loved the song, I don’t know if I like it more than the first two seasons or not yet. And man it feels good to be hitting this show from Fall 2020, this was the same season as some big ones for me, like Tonikawa, Wandering Witch, Adachi and Shimamura and the third season of Golden Kamuy, there’s others but I don’t wanna list too many lol, but I remember seeing this season of Danmachi on the list of shows for Fall 2020 and it’s nice to finally get to it.
Jan 9, 2023 3:45 AM

Dec 2012
The cave girl is being chased.
Bell appears before her.
Vouivre?
Dat bird.
Bell protects her.
19th floor.
She spoke.
Ouranos. Fels.
Hestia oppai.

Good start. ED song is good. That fire bird was cool. Need to see more of it. So Bell knows what a Vouivre is meaning he knows what it looks like, but tries to stop Wiene from taking her cloak off to prevent her from being naked? So when Bell fights a Vouivre, is he going to being unable to look at it and fight it because it is naked or is this because Wiene now has intellect on par with a human so he thinks of her as a girl rather than a monster? It's hypocritical either way. Naked is naked whether the monster has intellect or not. Once I saw them finger nails, I said "Dem shits need to be cut because someone will get cut". What happened? Bell got cut as expected during a light hearted scene. Free Hestia, Mikoto, Lili, and Haruhime nipples! Wasting Yasuda's character designs each time you don't show them.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 20, 2020

181 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

220 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

120 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

71 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

90 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.