Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 1, 2020 12:18 PM

Oct 2019
Marinate1016 said:
Canidigyourbrain said:

its a mediocre anime but at the very worst its the second worst one this season for me.
Peter grill however is utter garbage.

Peter grill is unironically AOTS tho..

Peter Grill at least had tits. One of the saving graces for bad anime. Gibiate had no tits whatsoever to keep me fixated.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Oct 1, 2020 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
Last 4 episodes I watched 2x speed kekw this show was so bad made me laugh 2/10 just for that idk. Opening good though
Oct 1, 2020 2:35 PM

Nov 2018
so happy i dont have to watch this shit anymore
Oct 1, 2020 2:36 PM

Nov 2018
AmineDane said:
Last 4 episodes I watched 2x speed kekw this show was so bad made me laugh 2/10 just for that idk. Opening good though
same here i watched evolxlove at 2x speed too, its sooooo bad
Oct 1, 2020 2:40 PM

Jul 2020
I should have dropped this shit when I had the chance. This gets a 2/10 for me. Sucks so bad that the critical rating is in the negatives, however, I kinda enjoyed this shitshow in the first half, I guess. So 8 for the enjoyment factor...
Oct 2, 2020 5:11 AM

Aug 2018
That was the most horrible episode, for the most horrible show of this Summer 2020 season. I'm glad it is over, at least I now have one very bad show to say if someone asks me what was the most horrible anime I ever watched
Oct 2, 2020 12:45 PM

Mar 2019
This episode was better than other episodes but still worst,
Gibiate is appalling but its still fun to watch it with 3.5X speed it saved my time and every episode became close to 4min episode.
Oct 2, 2020 4:18 PM

Apr 2018
I have no words for that ending cause it was just that bad. Why did I waste my time watching this.. and no cure too...... wtf
Oct 2, 2020 8:13 PM
Jan 2017
Ohh very horible ending ..
most people dead, doctor betrayed, alien, nah theres no more bad than this series..
at first i dont expect anything goOd from this series.. but just okay..
3/10
Oct 3, 2020 11:21 AM

May 2015
If they come up with a second season, we riot.

Worst anime of 2020? I had to ff most of the episode just to get through it...
Oct 3, 2020 2:11 PM
Aug 2020
And another crunchyroll original down in the dumpster fire, i wonder if funimation makes their own originals, could be better or could be worse?
Oct 5, 2020 9:18 AM
Feb 2008
Ofcool2947 said:
And another crunchyroll original down in the dumpster fire, i wonder if funimation makes their own originals, could be better or could be worse?

Crunchyroll slapping "original" on this is no different than what Netflix did for titles like Kakegurui and Beastars. They didn't have any involvement other than licensing.
Oct 5, 2020 9:22 AM
Aug 2020
Lenks said:
Ofcool2947 said:

Crunchyroll slapping "original" on this is no different than what Netflix did for titles like Kakegurui and Beastars. They didn't have any involvement other than licensing.

You sure?, GOH and TOG production committee’s were crunchyroll and those were crunchyroll originals, and since their pacing was a hell hole, the blame goes to them and majority agree from the anime community, mappa and telecom tried their best to maintain with the episode count and adapting as much chapters, crunchyroll deserves the blame
Oct 6, 2020 10:45 AM

Nov 2016
I must say it was pretty great anime but last 2 episodes ruined it. They should make better ending with finding medicine instead of what happened (also that reversal of doctors's behaviour was definitely nonsense)... But still except last 2 episodes I enjoyed it so 8/10 for me since it had good idea, survival fights also I liked that combination of shinobi+samurai+battle monk (maybe less flashbacks but nvm). Still it doesn't deserves to have that low avg. rating it wasn't perfect but there are much much more shitiest series that has at least 6+ but well not that I care about avg. score when I'm starting to watch something or during rating it :).
hiraishinxOct 6, 2020 10:50 AM
Oct 6, 2020 2:57 PM
Jun 2017
Time travel. Samurai tachi in Modern age. Learning about past incidents after they left and knowing the present technologies. Concept was good.
BUT
*Zombies were better than PLASTIC TOYS looking gibiate. *Sensui was too stiff 😂.
*Yoshinaga's voice didn't harmonized with his given looks.
*Killed all friends.
*Watched it till end expecting positive ending eliminating the virus.

I only enjoyed the Opening Shamisen play was superb.
namraayeshaOct 6, 2020 3:05 PM
Oct 9, 2020 11:45 AM

Jan 2019
You know, some times I have the feeling that some of these producers do this kind of show bad on purpose, I mean like the whole "It's so bad that is good" kind of thing.

Not gonna say that is the worst thing I ever seen and I am not gonna give it a 1 'cause to be fair the character design, VA and music are fine and while the plot kind of sucks, at least I can say it is not the worst I ever seen.

But damn the CGI was awful. This thing is not B-Movie quality, it is more like Z movie if you know what I mean.
I've legit seen some amateurs do shorts on Blender or even flash that look better than the cgi of this show.
This is one of those times when they should just put some static frames of the people fighting the monster, instead of CGI, at least in that case the could just use budget as excuse. But in this case there is no such excuse, specially considering that blender is free and there are many artist that probably would even do some decent animation for free..
rieihdiusOct 9, 2020 11:50 AM
Oct 12, 2020 4:00 PM

Oct 2009
Isao's spear was broken already in the previous episode:

Then in this episode it is intact again:

And then it's broken again:
SerhiykoOct 12, 2020 4:04 PM
Oct 16, 2020 9:10 PM

Jan 2019
Gibiate ends his saga of horrors with a dark ending. For me, the experience was not all bad, but it certainly cannot save anything from the work. A disappointment for the design of the studios highly young. The interesting thing is that the ending left an idea that it will continue, so we will wait for some confirmation
Oct 24, 2020 7:01 PM
Oct 2015
neroglyph said:
See you during season 2.
You won't see me. One of the worst animes I have ever seen. The payoff for watching all season wasn't there. Its like the creators made a show designed to troll all the anime viewers and give them the middle finger for being anime fans. Killing off the likable characters in the last 2 episodes was the final slap in our faces.
Oct 26, 2020 4:45 AM

Oct 2019
one word:

incredible.

this must be a record for tropes and clichés used in a 12 episode anime.

--

👏 hyped for 2022 lockdown 👏
👏 all good things come in threes 👏

- - ✽ - -
Dec 15, 2020 4:45 PM

Aug 2019
i kinda liked gibiate. not gonna lie there were a lot of moments where i thought of quitting because of various reasons(animation, story, etc), but i remembered that there were cool moments in this and I keep going even though i put it off a lot.

I also wanna say that i liked the character desings, they remind me of old anime and i like it.

The only thing going for gibiate is the characters imo, sensui, kathleen and her father, kenroku... i enjoyed watching them.

Talking about this final episode now, there were a couple scenes with decent animaton like sensui's rage mode and ayame's father sacrificing himself. This episode was decent for me. I thought the ending with sensui abandoning his friends and kinda of doing a hail mary against the gibiate was right on, i felt bad for him and hope they will meet each other again.

With that said i hope there isn't going to be a season 2, i didn't hate the show , but i think just this season is enough. 6-5/10 for me, i was thinking about giving it a 6, but as the only thing i liked in gibiate is the characters and the op, I'll be giving it a 5
Dec 21, 2020 8:34 AM

Jan 2020
This was probably one of the worst plot twists i've ever saw.

Fuck you, Kathleen.
Jan 3, 2021 7:53 PM

Apr 2016
It's weird how they've been traveling with the doctor for 10 episodes and he just now made mention of his true goal. The poor writing is showing.

I'm just glad it's over. Good riddance to this anime.
Jan 8, 2021 9:54 PM
Aug 2019
I loved that Anime as I did not have to wait week for week.
Why? I was just totally invested in the characters. I hope they continue as they planned to go for another season even though the reviews were really bad.
I loved the animation, character design was killing, use of music in battles and the epic moments. It was really weird tho that he never mentioned that Meteora should only be hurt but not killed as they fought her 2 times before xD

Furthermore, I have a theory that Kathleen has genetics from Kenroku and is his descendant. As his wife they have similiar look and red eyes.

Even though it made her a good female character not falling in love them because they are handsome, I think there was enough time that she could be emotionally closer to Sensui.

Season 2! At least I would appreciate it!
SinDrakeOct 20, 2023 9:16 PM
Feb 2, 2021 5:38 AM

Jul 2015
From start to finish truly anime of the year material, can't wait for s2!. Bad jokes aside, this was truly terrible in all aspects as an anime, still had some fun watching the ridiculous bullshit moments. I think the premise of historical figures saving the pandemic world could have worked out with a lot better execution.

Aug 25, 2021 7:35 PM
Nov 2018
Best anime EVER!!!
Aug 27, 2022 1:43 PM

Jul 2014
This anime is absolute trash BUT I still enjoyed it sooo much!
The CGI sucks, the plot makes absolutely no sense, the voice acting is off at times, the animation looks wonky and for some reason there are so many pointlessly long and awkward scenes.
BUT even then I sincerely enjoyed this anime from start to finish! Seriously, time traveling samurai, ninja and even a monk, human killing monsters and even aliens? an incredibly unnecessary plot twist, exciting fight scenes and an amazing OP, this show had everything!

I admit to be a trash enjoyer (a raccoon of sorts) so I can understand why most people hated this, but honestly, as long as this anime isn't taken seriously, it is such a fun thing to watch!

Nov 23, 2022 12:22 PM

Jun 2011
Finished the show, and thought, what even was the point? What is the story this show is trying to convey? I couldn't tell.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 21, 2023 10:42 AM

Feb 2014
And, of course, the "conclusion" isn't quite it, and the problem of the world being gibier ridden hasn't been actually solved.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gibiate Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

43 by Punkero »»
Jul 21, 2023 9:59 AM

Poll: » Gibiate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2020

135 by Punkero »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:41 PM

» Do you think it's that bad?

KanekiKen523 - Apr 29, 2023

7 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 23, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Gibiate Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 22, 2020

78 by Ardi8 »»
Apr 23, 2022 10:52 AM

» Could this be the most unlikable MAL full entry?

VitorLeiteAncap - Oct 9, 2020

12 by metalmonstar »»
Nov 1, 2021 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.