Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 30, 2020 2:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty relaxing finale. We got the guys hanging out together like bros and music played that felt nostalgic. Sora's character has grown so much since the beginning.

Wasn't expecting everyone to go to the beach though lol. Momoharu is cool to help the girls when they were being hit on. Anyways, I think this has been a hell of a journey...50 episodes of drama, basketball, and storytelling. 7/10 for me.
Sep 30, 2020 4:07 AM

Jan 2016
What a great show, it really made me feel all kind of emotions, as I would expect from a sports series.

After 50 episodes, the team that went through so many obstacles is back on their feet and they are ready to go into the future.

I really hope for a second season, but if that's the end of the manga I still had lots of fun with this show!

Happy Go Ducky!
Sep 30, 2020 4:24 AM
Sep 2015
I'm wondering if Madoka went to hotel for real, not that I care about her, I actually have a crush on the guy she's dating with. I want him to take me to the hotel, and I want to shoot a slamdunk into him.

Surprised beach episode! All guys except Mokichi are here, even guys that hit on Madoka are hot, why no one hit on me when I'm going to the beach! And I'm glad that I can see their nipples.

Congrats on Nao, you have all the guys on the basketball team to yourself! And with Sora growing, I'd bet on dating with him, though if reverse harem is allowed, then I'd also take Tobi/Kite and Momoharu too!

This is probably the end of the anime since the author hate the adaptation. I'll miss it, but the chance of better anime replacing this broadcast timeslot is quite high, so I'm not gonna cry about it.
phantomfandomSep 30, 2020 4:30 AM
Sep 30, 2020 4:39 AM
May 2017
phantomfandom said:
I'm wondering if Madoka went to hotel for real, not that I care about her, I actually have a crush on the guy she's dating with. I want him to take me to the hotel, and I want to shoot a slamdunk into him.

Surprised beach episode! All guys except Mokichi are here, even guys that hit on Madoka are hot, why no one hit on me when I'm going to the beach! And I'm glad that I can see their nipples.

Congrats on Nao, you have all the guys on the basketball team to yourself! And with Sora growing, I'd bet on dating with him, though if reverse harem is allowed, then I'd also take Tobi/Kite and Momoharu too!

This is probably the end of the anime since the author hate the adaptation. I'll miss it, but the chance of better anime replacing this broadcast timeslot is quite high, so I'm not gonna cry about it.

i really hope theres a season 2 man cuz i love basketball in general i really enjoyed this since the manga is not fully translated i think

HAPPY GO DUCKY!
Sep 30, 2020 4:41 AM

Jul 2014
I really liked the way that this show felt like it grew alongside the characters. Pretty relaxing way to finish the season,it was a good journey
Sep 30, 2020 4:43 AM
Apr 2018
I really enjoyed this anime. Though the basketball plays need much improvement. Everything else was good. 7/10 for me. If they do make a season 2,I hope they take the advice from the mangaka since he hates it apparently.
Sep 30, 2020 4:45 AM
Apr 2020
Dororun said:

I really hope for a second season, but if that's the end of the manga I still had lots of fun with this show!

Happy Go Ducky!

Oh no, still far from the end. The scene where we see Yozan is the end of the volume 18 and the manga has...51 volumes (still going even though final arc). But the fact that that the beach scene has been modified and the scenes latter on has been modified in order with many things skipped in order to insert Mr Satsuki, or even the fact that Sora is still getting taller (which comes quite later on) is NOT a good sign for a second season. Anyway, I am happy that you enjoyed it. I am sure that you would appreciate th emanga even more

phantomfandom said:
I'll miss it, but the chance of better anime replacing this broadcast timeslot is quite high, so I'm not gonna cry about it.

It will be reruns of Gintama (certainlybecause "Seven deadly sins" has been postponed due to covid)

----------------------------
So, that's the end. As I said above, starting from the beach scene, few things have been modified compared to the manga (the beach sequence is waaaay funnier in the manga). What's comes after with the team and Satsuki is also modified with the manga. The "Monster bash" that they teased at the end is supposed to come before all these scenes.

But anyway, it was a nice kind of ending that you expect from a show which probably not have a sequel. Animation was weak (to say the least) but I am happy that more people had the opportunity to know this series which is just started (especially regarding Madoka) and is full of surprises. Of course, the story is not for everyone, especially if we expect a tournament heavy series but again...that is absolutely not the main goal here. Now I can bet that the author will combe back and finish the manga.

AND do NOT forget that if you can read French, the manga is officially available: Amazon links

Blu7Sep 30, 2020 5:00 AM
Sep 30, 2020 4:54 AM

Nov 2016
We reached 150cm xD

A partially beach episode to wrap up this anime and Satsuki becoming the advisor again as his way to take responsibility, I'm satisfied for sure. It was a bumpy ride and despite all the shortcomings and questionable decsions made by the staff, I couldn't help but enjoy this series wholeheartedly. Easily my favorite (one of them) ongoing series from this year(and last year) Compared with all the other stuff that was airing, it was such a breath of fresh air.

Now considering the current state of scans, a second season would be great. I still think that I'm going to pick up the manga from the beginning and that I will get out even more from it.

With that tendency I'm only going with an 8/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 30, 2020 4:55 AM

Mar 2011
Well that was quite the ride.

It is weird to have gone through 50 episodes with the team really having nothing to their name. A far cry from the flashier sport anime.

While that is very refreshing its sad to think after all that they truly are still at rock bottom even if its realistic.

More so given reading comments it seems a sequel is unlikely despite the material for it. I certainly don't think I have the patience for the manga so sadly this will be the end for me.

Was a fun series all in all. Onto the next fun sports anime that pops up I suppose.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 30, 2020 5:03 AM

Oct 2017
We got a bit of beach in this episode and XD those guys trying to hit on Madoka was pretty funny.

Glad to see Satsuki sensei will be the advisor of the team again and that last scene of Momoharu was quite touching. They are at the bottom and they can only go up from here thou too bad we won't get to see that in the anime since I highly doubt we are getting a new season after what the author did.

Anyway barely above average sports anime with long matches which were not exciting to say the least. There were some good hype moments but that was all.
Sep 30, 2020 5:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A beach episode for the final... that's quite weird xD
Sep 30, 2020 5:16 AM
Apr 2012
Blu7 said:
But the fact that that the beach scene has been modified and the scenes latter on has been modified in order with many things skipped in order to insert Mr Satsuki, or even the fact that Sora is still getting taller (which comes quite later on)

The sora 150cm growth scene is actually not that later on, it's just after the satsuki scene I think, on volume 19.

I think addind the satsuki scene on this season's ending was a very good decision. It feels like it truly closes the incident and the hobbyist club establishment on the season. And it's a pretty good scene overall, with Momo not feeling worth of such spoiling after not accomplishing anything of what they promised they would. But still, accepting it and feeling happy because of it.
Sep 30, 2020 6:01 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Incredible to think that it's been a year already!

I said it before but this season is really turning out to be that season with great finale episodes, and here's another. Chill, eventful and outlines of a positive prospect for the team in the near future, definitely the closure this show needed I reckon.

Madoka-san's disconnection was, once again, wonderfully handled and I really have to feel for her. Keeping aside the possible hotel visit and whatnot lol, it's nice to see that she's managed to patch things up with Momoharu to some extent at least.

Satsuki-sensei and Momoharu's scene with the emotional but fitting BGM in the background was really good as well, loved that. And hey, Sora's finally broken through the 150 cm mark xD, priceless reaction there.

All in all, great finale episode.

As for the whole show in general however, I can't help but feel half-hearted about it in all honesty. Certainly a lot of good moments, hype moments, heartwarming and heartbreaking moments but coupled with phases spanning numerous episodes where it just missed for me. But hey, I still enjoyed it and I'll be hoping for a sequel to come albeit being highly unlikely as @phantomfandom pointed it out above.

Strong 6/10 from me.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 30, 2020 6:46 AM
Apr 2018
What a great ride! I'm just glad I didn't let go of this anime. It was slow for some, but for me it had the right pacing. They may have not won for now, but witnessing their growth not just a player but as a person, was really satisfying. I liked that the show ended with them moving forward.

If only the animation was not a lackluster, I would've give this a solid 8/10.

(I'll peep the manga fo sure.)
Sep 30, 2020 6:51 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
There's people who really care about Madoka by now ? She got way too much screen time for nothing or so i feel. ( She probably has insane development in manga that will never be adapted )
It's my only complain, i enjoyed the ride, 1 year went fast.
Sep 30, 2020 7:23 AM

Oct 2009
Madoka's date scenes still feel out of place, like they're from a completely different anime... Not that I couldn't appreciate them, because yeah they were rather good emotionally and mentally too, but they're still weird.

So... season 2 when please? Because I wanna see more of these boys. Pacing and random insert scenes aside, I definitely appreciated the more serious approach to them growing up, showing all the abovementioned emotional and mental turmoil they all go through in the process. Much of it is very relatable, and it's nice that it makes the series deeper than just another basketball/sports story.

On a sidenote: season 2 when please? Because I can't quite quench my thirst for Tobi. Sorry not sorry.
Sep 30, 2020 7:41 AM
May 2014
As someone who plays basketball and has watched Kuroko no Basket (but not Slam Dunk):

This show was story-wise better than KnB, art wise, less good, but that's alright, but the pacing. Oh my god this show would've been so much better with good pacing.
Regardless, I really enjoyed this show and I hope there'll be a season 2 in the future
Sep 30, 2020 7:55 AM

May 2013
Underrated show I need another season I'm incapable of reading the manga. This show made me excited be every Wednesday and now it's over I already forgot on how much of a scumbag they where at first.
Sep 30, 2020 8:18 AM

Dec 2017
Well the final episode, its been a year.

Gonna miss the show, it was good overall but honestly I really liked the stuff they did outside of them playing the actual game. It was cool seeing them practice, but I think the drama was well done in this show and far more interesting than the basketball games. I think this is because the pacing in the basketball games is really slow and they should have made it faster.

Was going to give this a 6, but in the end thinking about it carefully I really only didn't care about the last 2 games, the games in the first half of the show were pretty enjoyable. So I will give this show a 7 because I really like the cast, the drama, the music, basically everything other than the pacing.

Hope this gets a S2, but idk if that will happen since the author doesn't like the anime. Also want to say good job to Diomedia. First time they do a 50 episode show, and usually there other shows are 12 episodes. They didn't have any delays either which is impressive since Beatless I heard had delays so good job to them for adapting it. Quite a good anime, and maybe will rewatch in the future as this one is very special and maybe the basketball matches won't feel like a slog if I binge.
happyfacecoolSep 30, 2020 8:51 AM
Sep 30, 2020 8:26 AM

Jul 2012
I firmly believe if this show had better animation, it could have been on track for of the greatest sports anime of all time.

None of them got magically amazing at basketball, no wild upsets, no insane powers, just realistic ups and downs of a team that is really not very good.

Yes we love a good underdog story, and if this somehow by a miracle gets a season 2, I certainly think that it will be a good underdog story.

I'm leaning toward a 7/10. The animation was really bad particularly in the second half. We had power point slide shows for almost entire episodes. If the animation was better and we were 100% getting a season 2, this would at least be an 8/10 and maybe higher depending on how the story wrapped up.

Really fun watch, but not sure I'd give it a hard core recommendation unless we get a season 2.
Sep 30, 2020 8:33 AM

Apr 2007
The beach scene with Natsume was hilarious lol. It was obvious sensei would be their advisor again, but your wife just had a baby!

Too bad things are ending here when it feels like it's just getting started. It was still a really fun journey this past year and I'm glad I gave this show a chance. From almost everyone initially not wanting to play basketball on a team, to them losing every match, to them growing throughout the show, finding their true positions, and hearing they have so much potential. Besides the last part this series had some fresher elements that kept things interesting. Plus the main characters in general made this so much fun.

And I have to mention Sora's mom. She was wonderful and when she died it was painful! I like that it happened at the turning point of the series though.

I'll consider the manga when/if it ends (hate reading ongoing stuff), but would definitely prefer a second season. I remember the author's comments about the anime which is a shame.
Sep 30, 2020 8:54 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
It's a shame that the series has to end right here because it felt like a beginning of new chapter for the Kuzu team. It's not the most flashy sports anime, but its the most realistic sports anime with a coming of age/underdog story. Unless another studio picks this series up its unlikely that it will get a second season.

At the beginning of the series I gave it a 7/10, but now I have to give it a 6/10.

I also find it very ironic that this series ended on the day of the first game of the NBA Finals.
Sep 30, 2020 9:53 AM

Jul 2014
It was a different spokon, it more sad than fun, i liked how they give emphasis to the point "we are losers, we lost our times and we are really far from the top teams"

I genuinely felt bad about Sora's mom, i did almost cry.

The animation was statics but with a lot of details, i was not a problem for me.

My only problem with Madoka is the lack of sincerity, i think you do not have to be a genius to notice Sora's feelings, just be clear with the guy.

I do not know if there is any chance of a second season because i read before that the manga is in hiatus but i would watch it.

7/10 for me
Sep 30, 2020 10:14 AM

Feb 2019
I feel like the story they told could have been told in half the episodes they used to tell it. The Madoka parts at the end were a head scratcher. If they were not setting it up for another season, then they were a waste. I'm also not sure why they flashed back to Sora's mom starting her illness a couple of episodes ago either...that flashback went nowhere.

This one was as 6/10 for me. It could have been a 7 if I didn't feel they wasted too much time.
HOOfan_1Sep 30, 2020 10:25 AM
Sep 30, 2020 11:20 AM
Aug 2019
I want to ask a question.
How many chapters in the manga are fully translated in english and how many are only in japanes.
Also at what chapter can i pick the manga if i am done with the anime?
Sep 30, 2020 11:20 AM
Aug 2019
I want to ask a question.
How many chapters in the manga are fully translated in english and how many are only in japanes.
Also at what chapter can i pick the manga if i am done with the anime?
Sep 30, 2020 1:33 PM

Apr 2016
This series was a lot disappointing for me, when it started it gave me a feeling of Slam Dunk but the initial excitement slowly became disappointment. The worst thing was the amount of time spent on Madoka, it really was a waste of time from my point of view, time which should have been used for more matches or for the team’s growth.
I particularly liked Momoharu’s character because he seemed the most “realistic” character, Mokichi was good too, but the others were just decent, except for Sora and Nao, they were pretty annoying, not as much as Madoka of course.
I’d still watch a second season if it came out someday.
Sep 30, 2020 1:46 PM

Aug 2018
1 year. 1 year that I started watching this show, my first long term duration (of course I watched shows that had multiple seasons over the years, but each season never had more than 25 episodes). A long road has been traveled but it was a great road !

Ahiru no Sora wasn"t particularly exceptionnal or epic but it remained very enjoyable, with moments of joy or distress (episode 33...). It brought some real information about basketball's tactics, positions, etc as well as decent matches which were never won by the protagonists lul

I'm gonna miss it, got used to watch my Ahiru no Sora episode every Wednesday !
Sep 30, 2020 2:52 PM

Dec 2009
Underrated show and a lot of mixed reviews because it wasn't your standard basketball anime. It really was well done focusing on young teens being able to come together and change their lives around, the struggle, pain, grind and the sense of accepting one's responsibility. As a manga reader, I really enjoyed the adaption. There were plenty of times where animation was hit or miss, but they did a good job when it came to some of the bigger matches.

As much as I would love to see a sequel, I don't see that really happening.. I do hope I am wrong about that.
Sep 30, 2020 2:59 PM

Apr 2009
7/10

+ I liked the characters a lot, and also their character development. So much has happened, but it certainly feels like it's only the beginning..but I can see how much the characters have grown. Momoharu crying towards the end of this episode certainly symbolizes that I think.

+ I really like how the coach of the team was a fellow girl student. I think that's quite unique in terms of sports anime. Usually there's a girl manager or something that basically doesn't do much, so I appreciate that the girls in this series are portrayed as having skills in basketball

- I'm not sure what exactly is up with Madoka's story line? It feels like a lot is missing, I dunno maybe it's different in the manga or something. I started off really loving her character..and now I'm just kind of annoyed every time she's on screen?

- I wish there would be a second season. But I don't think there will be unfortunately.. I dunno, is this series popular enough for a second season?
Sep 30, 2020 4:10 PM

Jul 2017
This show was an outright snoozefest, with really uninteresting or boring matches and lackluster writing the entire time. Still waiting for the one day I enjoy a basketball anime.
Sep 30, 2020 4:56 PM

Sep 2009
The show finally ended. I had watching the whole series :)
I'm glad Nao's hair is longer than before and it was kinda unexpected that Sora reached 150cm :D
I got teary eyed when Momoharu cried esp. when he said that they didn't achieve anything yet.
I'm just a little bit disappointed with the lack of basketball games?
Sep 30, 2020 4:59 PM

Sep 2019
For all the issues with animation and pacing, man I fucking loved this show. The characters and the story were awesome. Loved watching my boys grow throughout the show and seeing where they are now/where they will go was a good way to end it off for the anime. Gonna have to pick up the manga seeing as there likely won’t be a s2. Also I really liked how they brought back op1 for the ending scene, great vibes.
Anyone know what chapter I should start with the manga?
Sep 30, 2020 5:08 PM

Aug 2013
Well that was the longest prologue ever.

Lord they just really need to write out Madoka I serisouly have never cringed so much whenever a character would show up but whenever she showed up I clocked out EVERYtime lol.
Sep 30, 2020 5:42 PM

Jul 2017
welp this show is finally over, crazy to think it's been 50 eps since the beginning lol

Overall, I really did like the SoL moments in this show, both the drama and the comedy were very enjoyable to watch, especially stuff like Sora's mom and whatnot. This show did the stuff pretty well, and I especially liked how characters like Madoka reacted to losing, with a more pessimistic approach rather than a happy go lucky one. Actually Madoka was a pretty interesting character throughout lel

but the actual basketball...... oh boy

Jeez I don't think I've ever seen another sports anime where the main team literally doesn't even win a single match in 50 eps like holy shit my expectations were low but this is a whole new level of disappointment. every time it seems like they take a step forward only to take a million steps back, whereas it only takes their opponents a single flashback to be like the next MJ or whoever. Was easily the most frustrating and worst parts of the show

Delinquint Basketball/10
Sep 30, 2020 5:57 PM

Jan 2018
Characters really carried this series, shame that a studio that doesn't know how to animate for a shit got it. Could've been nearly as good as Haikyu for me.
What a beautiful Duwang
Sep 30, 2020 6:23 PM

Apr 2020
I really enjoyed this anime, mainly the fact that they always lose, that's the reallity of the majority part of school teams.
⬇ CLICK IT ⬇

⬆ CLICK IT ⬆
Sep 30, 2020 6:53 PM

Oct 2018
I have always avoided sports anime, so this was my first one and a basket one, which is a sport I've never cared much about... But oh, boy! What a great journey! I ended up really liking it (I might pick THAT volleyball one)
I hope we get a second season and the boys get to finally win some games (and less Madoka NTR stuff please), but in the meantime I'll enjoy not aging an extra day every Wednesday when I read Phantom's rampant degeneracy.
Frank_86Sep 30, 2020 6:58 PM
Sep 30, 2020 9:58 PM

Jul 2016
Oh boy... as if the love triangle between Madoka, Sora and Momoharu wasn't awkward enough already, it seems another player was added into the mix. We reach "love square" status, boys!

Well, not the best way to conclude a series if I'm honest. Felt kinda messy with so many characters and events being addressed but guess it couldn't be helped considering the long running series status and stuff. This said, the last scene with Momoharu crying was still moving enough to make me enjoy this finale.

Overall... this series ended up being a decent ride. It had some aspects I really liked such as the episodes purely focused on character development for certain players and others I simply didn't enjoy that much like when the romance became more relevant into the story and of course, Madoka's whole story-line that led to nowhere.
As for the cast, most of them were rather likeable with some really nice characterization for cases such as Momoharu, Mokichi and Tobi to some extent. Ironically, the series became much more interesting when there weren't matches going on so I guess I can say Diomedea did a very good job at making this group of boys as well as their struggle feel realistic and believable enough.

Now on the negative side, animation was "weak" to say the least but the pacing during matches was absolutely terrible. The encounters between schools received more episodes than necessary, which made me lose interest in most of them rather quickly and that's something that shouldn't happen in spokon anime. It was easily the worst aspect this series had.

6/10 - Considering the things I heard about the author hating this adaptation, a second season seems quite impossible at this point. Personally, I wouldn't mind if this is the last time we'll see Kuzu team but if planets somehow align themselves for this project, I pray for a more competent studio to handle any potential sequel.
SouthRzVaSep 30, 2020 10:06 PM
Sep 30, 2020 11:04 PM

Jan 2017
A relaxing final episode. Damn it's been almost a year since this first started airing. The romance was good in the beginning but I got lowkey bored of it and that says something because I like watching romance animes. It just felt unnecessary and out of place for this in particular. Madoka went from my fave character to my least fave so I'm just D: Besides the romance it was a fun ride, definitely picking up the manga.
Oct 1, 2020 12:23 AM

Oct 2008
Ahiru no Sora vs Shadowverse...what a contrast! a show where tjhe MC always looses (his team) and a show where the MC always wins!
BUT is that it!? only 50 episodes? even if they always NOT win this need to have a continuation! what say you manga readers? do we have content for another "next season" ???
4/5.
7/10.

Oct 1, 2020 4:20 AM
Oct 2019
They played the third ED song during that scene which is Hikari Sasu Hou e sang by Miyano Mamoru (Mokichi VA)... It feels good damn...

Also why we need to see madoka with that boy again??? Is it necessary? I just don't like that at all...
Feel like the more screen time that she have, the more i hate her character...

What an long journey we have, exactly 2 more days to One Year.
Relaxing Heartwarming finale
Overall just Okay, it has some problem on it...
6/10
davidyodo24Oct 1, 2020 4:31 AM
Oct 1, 2020 7:20 AM

Dec 2010
in the manga it goes "the rain...quickly made its way... through my blouse... deeply... so... very, very deep" as the dude goes into the kiss with a blank white panel for "so... very, very deep" right after the kiss panel

i think it implies this dude made his way into her heart but who tf knows but could also mean his dick going in deep too
Oct 1, 2020 8:05 AM

May 2019
Welp, after almost an entire year of episodes, Ahiru no Sora is finally over. The overall quality went through some huge ups and downs, but overall the characters and world were really engaging; it just feels like the anime is beginning, so it REALLY wouldn't be satisfying if it just ended here. I might have to read the manga, honestly.

Solid 7/10. I'll miss you, Ahiru no Sora.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 1, 2020 9:13 AM

Dec 2018
Hahaha what just happened to madoka

Momoharu crying is very emotional with that soundtrack, glad i didnt drop this show. lets pray for season two
"Anime Was a Mistake."- God

Oct 1, 2020 1:25 PM

Sep 2017
Honestly, im sick of Madoka, at first she was great and now im wondering why the fuck is she still the FMC. That unnecessary drama was horrible and after Sora mother died, her character has just gone downhill. This anime is just a generic sports anime, i still haven't found any remarkable moment yet, but it's still enjoyable and fun to watch them train so hard. I'll give this a 7/10.
Oct 2, 2020 12:38 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I'm going to really miss this! I didn't expect that I'd enjoy it so much when I started, and in fact, thought I'd probably drop it. However, the characters really sold the series for me. Especially the whole part after burning down the room incident, how much guilt the kids felt and learning the consequences of their actions, as well as how the adults approached it. The adults are important in this series, and I don't typically see that in shounen sports. I like how in this episode, we saw Sora's thoughts about how he would never know how much the ones who caused the incident was affected by what they did. Sora's a good kid, and he never blamed them for what happened, I like how he always looks ahead.

Character growth over a longer series always feels so satisfying, and I think Ahiru no Sora did this aspect really well. Although I have to agree that Madoka's focus in the last cour was a bit...weird?

It does seem like there's no hope for a second season because of the mangaka's thoughts on the adaptation, so I'll just have to go read the manga :') The voice cast was perfect, too!
Oct 2, 2020 12:39 AM
Jul 2017
Ahiru no Sora is a hidden gem
Oct 2, 2020 12:50 AM
Jul 2018
I was a basketball player on my highschool day. I literally spent the 33% of my life playing basketball, so this sport is a very important thing for me.

Slam Dunk is one of my favourites overall, no surprise here. But... Kuroko no Basket was some kind of dissapointment. But Ahiru no Sora hit different in me. Yes, it has some of the most slow paces here, but I really enjoyed more than I expected.

A solid 7,5/10 and I'm definitely going to check out a 2nd season.
Oct 2, 2020 9:22 AM

Sep 2016
Was a great episode, I loved the music during the talk between coaches as it got me nostalgic and hyped. I just didn't expect them to adapt this many chapters in the last episode including the beach scene. Overall this show, regardless of the negativity it gets, has a special place in my heart. Although the odds of a season 2 are low due to what the author said I will remain hopeful:)

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

45 by Hinata22525 »»
Nov 21, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2020

37 by nightjasmine »»
Oct 12, 2023 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 49 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

38 by mirco99 »»
Oct 8, 2023 2:57 PM

» Will there be a season 2 of Ahiru no Sora?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 10, 2023

7 by DemiDaCactus »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:42 PM

» Manga

Eshwar_ - Mar 12, 2023

1 by PotiKayou »»
Mar 14, 2023 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.