Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

which one do you think is better? God of Highschool or Tower of God (anime adaptation)

New
Sep 28, 2020 11:50 PM

Mar 2020
manhwa readers which one do u think got a better adaptation? i like god of highschool better than tower of god even though its kind of all over the place, at least something happened and the fight scenes are amazing.

Sep 28, 2020 11:57 PM
Jan 2016
I found tower of god uninteresting a lot of times. I think for entertainment god of high school.
Sep 29, 2020 12:05 AM

Mar 2020
Delsana said:
I found tower of god uninteresting a lot of times. I think for entertainment god of high school.

yeah I think so too, but why does tower of god have a high rating and it's also higher than god of highschool both anime and manhwa

Sep 29, 2020 12:16 AM

Aug 2017
While not perfect, ToG has less rushed episodes than GoH (and better worldbuilding)
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 29, 2020 12:22 AM
May 2019
raferi said:
manhwa readers which one do u think got a better adaptation? i like god of highschool better than tower of god even though its kind of all over the place, at least something happened and the fight scenes are amazing.

God of High school is better.
Sep 29, 2020 12:33 AM

Aug 2014
Both adaptations were disappointing, but GoH skipped a lot more content than ToG. ToG really skimped on the action, but the pace as a whole was better. Both skipped out on some of the interesting worldbuilding present in the manhwa. I'm just hoping at this point that Noblesse delivers, otherwise I'm going to be worried about the future of manhwa adaptations.
Sep 29, 2020 2:16 AM

May 2019
raferi said:

yeah I think so too, but why does tower of god have a high rating and it's also higher than god of highschool both anime and manhwa

the tower of god manhwa is generally regarded better then god of high school manhwa,the content adapted by tog s1 is just the prologue.(ofc not everyone has this opinion)
and about which of them has the better adaptation,both are disappointing,but i think tog got the better one,tog adaptation problem is that they removed many of the worldbuilding and chanaged some important characters personalities and some episodes were rushed because they adapter 78 chapters in 13 eps but the plot still made sense.
also the tog adaptation rating is not high by mal standards.

For goh they adapted 113 chapters in 13 eps,episode 12 adapted around 20 whole chapters,the only good thing about this adaptation is the 'important' fights,everything else didn't make sense,i know many anime onlies that gave up completely in the plot and continued to watch the anime only for the fights.
crossx1993Sep 29, 2020 2:21 AM
Sep 29, 2020 3:30 AM

Mar 2020
crossx1993 said:
raferi said:

the tower of god manhwa is generally regarded better then god of high school manhwa,the content adapted by tog s1 is just the prologue.(ofc not everyone has this opinion)
and about which of them has the better adaptation,both are disappointing,but i think tog got the better one,tog adaptation problem is that they removed many of the worldbuilding and chanaged some important characters personalities and some episodes were rushed because they adapter 78 chapters in 13 eps but the plot still made sense.
also the tog adaptation rating is not high by mal standards.

For goh they adapted 113 chapters in 13 eps,episode 12 adapted around 20 whole chapters,the only good thing about this adaptation is the 'important' fights,everything else didn't make sense,i know many anime onlies that gave up completely in the plot and continued to watch the anime only for the fights.

thank you for this information, yeah u got that spot on I do watch it solely cause of the fights when the plot started going all over the place 😂. I'm going to start tower of god together alongside solo levelling this week

Sep 30, 2020 3:22 PM

Mar 2009
Tower of God. Characters were more interesting.
Oct 1, 2020 5:34 AM
Sep 2020
For me tower of god wins in both manhwa and anime.
Oct 1, 2020 8:02 AM
Jan 2019
GOH. It's more entertaining and animation is lit.

If they didn't rush GOH, it will be one of the best anime of 2020.
Oct 1, 2020 1:23 PM
Feb 2020
Firstly, Music for ToG anime was amazing.The series also had a lot of interesting characters. Moreover the lore is what made me like it even more. Just the sense of mystery of the tower gave me chills.

However, animation wise not so much. The fights for ToG anime also didn't look that good. All that made it good, is the story. Which the anime tried to sell the most.

On the other hand, GoH had an amazing studio, which clearly spent a lot of effort on those fights. The animation quality is also good. But all that was achieved by cutting the meat from the bones.

At the end of the day, the most obnoxious thing out of all is, the annoying stupid logo of their company. It was cool little easter the first time.*

Also,

ToG = 78chs
GoH = 113chs
Noblesse = (they are showing chars from ch200 in trailer)
PrimordiaL_BeingOct 1, 2020 2:06 PM
Oct 1, 2020 3:20 PM

Mar 2014
kurorin579 said:

If they didn't rush GOH, it will be one of the best anime of 2020.

Hell no, Re:Zero and Deca-Dence are much better. Dai no Dabouken will also be much better.

This was just sakuga.

ToG = 78chs
GoH = 113chs
Noblesse = (they are showing chars from ch200 in trailer)

LMAO, just stop, Crunchyroll...
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Oct 1, 2020 3:39 PM

Dec 2016
Both were bad but Tower of God wins because at least that one had a hook, an interesting world and concepts.

GoH I couldn't even finish it. It never had anything of true interest going on for it.
Oct 2, 2020 12:06 PM
Mar 2019
Both are amazing 9/10
Oct 3, 2020 7:01 PM

Jan 2018
I just watched TOG yesternight and i can say that its much better than GOH. I dont know though in terms of adaptation w/c is better cause i havent read the source.

The story execution in TOG is well done like its really cohesive story telling. Whats important in an anime is character development and character interactions with other character.

Yes, the fight scene in GOH is better but without the proper story foundation and explanation of things in the anime then its just all eye candy without substance.

So i understand if TOG rating is higher than GOH. Both deserve their respective rating.
Oct 4, 2020 8:53 PM

Oct 2017
GoH is light years ahead of ToG, Tower was a boring cluster fuck, High School was a fun, action packed cluster fuck. Haven't read the source material, but if I had to chose one to read, GoH for sure.
Oct 4, 2020 11:43 PM
Jun 2015
Tower of God. Sure it was rushed, but they didn't go full on random and the story was much MUCH more interesting.
Oct 14, 2020 7:45 PM
Apr 2020
both were trash

but entertainment wise god of highschool was better
(atleast the first half was somewhat decent)
Oct 15, 2020 12:04 AM
Aug 2020
Tower of God for me. World-building is my shit. I feel like SIU’s writing and world-building carried the anime (also Kevin Penkin’s godly soundtracks). It is a bit slow-paced, but that’s because it is basically prologue and it sets up the story and characters for future events.

GoH prioritizes style over substance. Animation and fighting are fantastic, but there are so many flashbacks that disrupt the good fighting and the fights are short. The character writing is surface level and it’s exacerbated by the show rushing through character arcs. If given more episodes, it probably would’ve had a tangible story.
Oct 15, 2020 5:08 AM

Jan 2012
So far its Tower of god i think. Everything which drifted away from the tournament in God of Highschool was a clusterfuck disaster. And maybe its a anime only thing but this feels like it needed way more time. Key Key Key Key what key bro? did i miss something i was like all the time
Oct 15, 2020 11:56 AM
Oct 2019
Neither are/were great. Wouldn't go out of my way to recommend either show.

Tower of God was a little better then God of High School (through 8 episodes). I recall ToG being more consistent episode to episode whereas GoHS has fluctuated, including a truly bad wedding episode.

To the person who said Deca-Dence is better than both. Yes. Absolutely. Without question.
Oct 15, 2020 12:16 PM

Jun 2019
I liked Tower of God.
Oct 19, 2020 8:51 PM
Aug 2018
I don't watch the whole season, but GOH series going better than TOG in early episode.
TOG series storyline seem rigid like reading manhwa than watching anime, when GOH moving flexible. The worst for TOG for me is in Hoh Reason in last test, they spoiled too soon & too much, so we don't get mysterious scene in manhwa although GOH change the story lot that different way from manhwa.
Oct 20, 2020 3:21 AM
Sep 2020
Tower of God easily. Watching these was new to me as I haven't read the manhwa but I had absolutely no idea what was happening in God of High School while that wasn't the case in Tower of God. Though Tower of God had average animation and seemed mediocre artstyle, I didn't feel bored while watching it, whereas I had to painfully watch 2-3 episodes of God of High School. I felt animation was the only thing going for it. I highly doubt I'll ever read it but sometimes in the future I'll definitely read Tower of God

Edit : + Great OSTs in Tower of God
Oct 21, 2020 5:11 AM
Dec 2014
Tower of God wins for me. Worldbuilding and characters were much more interesting. (and it has amazing OST)

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

289 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.