Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 6, 2020 4:40 AM

Sep 2009
Wow! That was really unexpected.. that the enemies of the humanity are those TALENTED.
Nanao's power reminded me of Mikan's Nullification Alice :) I hope he survives from that fall since he became my favorite character.
Oct 6, 2020 4:51 AM
Oct 2020
I almost drop this one, too standard, I hate that Nanao's childish act.
And then the plot twist came in. Damn, she's the impostor, lol.
I could tell my friend this is Among Us Anime :D

Nanao and Nana, this is a nice name diversion.

Btw I want to ask, how Nanao potential kill count is 1 Million+?
The guy's power only neutralize other power, it's not killing power, how's the potential kill count calculated?
Oct 6, 2020 5:18 AM

May 2009
Just like expected some selfinserts are butthurt. Deal with it Nana is the MC.
Fafette said:
She's crazy. She's totally crazy.
Actually, I saw the twist coming the moment Nana appeared (she gave me strong yandere vibes), but I didn't expect it to happen like that.
But she looks like a quite interesting character for now. She seems to be similar to Satou from Happy Sugar Life, the tactical and calm yandere, instead of the usual hysterical one. I like that. I hope her yandere behaviouyr will receive a good explanation and not just be there for the sake of edge.
I can't say I have big hopes for now, but I'm intrigued, especially given the presence of the psychological tag.

She isn't yandere at all. She's just doing her job, stonecold.
FailyGears said:
If Nakajima is actually dead does he really count as a main character?

It's called decoy protagonist. He isn't main character at all.
morsh88 said:
The guy's power only neutralize other power, it's not killing power, how's the potential kill count calculated?

As a leader of the Enemies of humanity.
Oct 6, 2020 5:18 AM

Dec 2016
morsh88 said:

Nana explained that in future Nanao would become leader of this group/class, so his kill count shouldn't surprising. ;)
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.83/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 6, 2020 12:56 PM

Feb 2019
OH GOSH!!! I was so happy that they killed the main character. Seriously, it is an archetype used in 80% of the animes and many times it is the worst character, if they are going to be murdering one by episode count me in with this show.
Oct 6, 2020 5:25 PM
Apr 2020
Fafette said:
Actually, I saw the twist coming the moment Nana appeared (she gave me strong yandere vibes), but I didn't expect it to happen like that.
I definitely didn't expect her to be lying about her powers. I just thought she'd be using them against the mc (speaking of him I wonder how he's gonna make it).
Funny thing is that despite being annoyed by her at first, I started becoming a bit attached to her, and then that happened.
But she looks like a quite interesting character for now. She seems to be similar to Satou from Happy Sugar Life, the tactical and calm yandere, instead of the usual hysterical one. I like that. I hope her yandere behaviouyr will receive a good explanation and not just be there for the sake of edge.
I can't say I have big hopes for now, but I'm intrigued, especially given the presence of the psychological tag.

@bastek66 You do realize I don't know anything about this story aside from this very first episode right ? It is hard to truly understand Nana's character just based on that. I don't care if she is yandere or not, that was just a way to say that she seems to be a psycho. (So please that'd be nice not to spoil the story. Nana is the real mc, okay, that's good actually because I prefer her over the "mc" who I couldn't care less about.)

No she isn't. Got most of Satou traits but she isn't a yandere. She is more like femme fatale who seduce others and tske the chance to kill them.
Oct 6, 2020 5:31 PM
Sep 2019
Wasnt gonna watch this but chibi reviews said it had a good twist so i was like ok.
Yep watching this now
The animation looks really like
Killing bites
Oct 6, 2020 5:46 PM

Dec 2019
I don't get it, was anyone actually surprised by that twist? They gave it away fairly easily with that wind scene and all. Anyways, let's see where this goes.
Oct 6, 2020 6:29 PM

Oct 2016
Goddamn, that was actually pretty good. I was already spoiled before I watched it, so I can't really tell if it was predictable since I was already expecting it. But, I think the execution is pretty good.

I wanna see where this goes, because this seems really interesting.
Oct 6, 2020 6:35 PM
Oct 2020
CrossBlack said:
I don't get it, was anyone actually surprised by that twist? They gave it away fairly easily with that wind scene and all. Anyways, let's see where this goes.

The wind scene makes me think that there's other people using wind abilities to push her off the cliff. So no, I don't think they gave it away with that scene.

Btw the second time they decides to meet on the cliff again, that makes me wondered, "The f they are doing, that's a dangerous place, why stand so near at the cliff, don't you learn your lesson earlier?"
Oct 6, 2020 6:56 PM
Apr 2020
morsh88 said:
CrossBlack said:

The wind scene makes me think that there's other people using wind abilities to push her off the cliff. So no, I don't think they gave it away with that scene.

Btw the second time they decides to meet on the cliff again, that makes me wondered, "The f they are doing, that's a dangerous place, why stand so near at the cliff, don't you learn your lesson earlier?"

exactly the wind scene actually raised suspicion for the other students
Oct 6, 2020 7:52 PM
Jul 2018
AYO ARE YOU DEADASS?!?!
Oct 6, 2020 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
CrossBlack said:

I mean, I knew something was wrong and there was going to be a twist, I just expected it to be more subtle and less, "Imma kill this mf".
Oct 6, 2020 10:32 PM

Dec 2015
Predictable, yes, but it was some good execution right there. It seems that we are going to watch two sides that will bring up interesting points of who REALLY is the enemy.

As the protagonist is now dead, I expect that we get lots of psychological experiences with Nana. Really excited for the coming episodes.
Oct 7, 2020 12:22 AM

Dec 2016
In the end he does have power, I thought he would be literally talentless. It would have been more interesting if he really had no powers at all.

I'm guessing that Onodera guy is the other sus, looking at the ed I think Nana and Onodera seems to have some connection.

How Nana switched from fluffy to a bitch XD

Liked that ED (I guess it's actually the OP)

Onodera looks so much like Gintoki XD

Anyway, it was a nice start, makes me want to look forward to the next episode.
Rickydory123Oct 7, 2020 12:26 AM
Oct 7, 2020 3:18 AM

Jun 2013
First twenty or so minutes were generic, predictable and really cheesy, last few minutes made up for it a bit. It was obvious she wasn't normal, pink hair, HELLO! However, she is more likable towards the end. Give me a psychotic cotton candy-haired Anime girl any day of the week over an overly saccharine airhead type. I love anime psychos, whether they are boys or girls.

With that being said, it was a good episode, like in between okay and good. This is slightly better than IWGP, which I had much higher expectations for. I had almost zero expectations for Munou no Nana but it was better than what the poster suggested it would be.
臭い-
Oct 7, 2020 4:10 AM

Feb 2020
Damn what the hell happened???

I Frickin' LOVED it.
Is She(Nana) the Main Protagonist or the Guy(Nanao) ???
both have Nana in their names but who is the Talentless one??
Oct 7, 2020 5:56 AM
Apr 2020
Fafette said:
I definitely didn't expect her to be lying about her powers. I just thought she'd be using them against the mc (speaking of him I wonder how he's gonna make it).
Funny thing is that despite being annoyed by her at first, I started becoming a bit attached to her, and then that happened.

@bastek66 You do realize I don't know anything about this story aside from this very first episode right ? It is hard to truly understand Nana's character just based on that. I don't care if she is yandere or not, that was just a way to say that she seems to be a psycho. (So please that'd be nice not to spoil the story. Nana is the real mc, okay, that's good actually because I prefer her over the "mc" who I couldn't care less about.)

@28012001 What is it with manga readers on this thread getting triggered over people misunderstanding Nana's character (after the very first episode) and so deciding to give away spoilers, just let us discover it by ourselves guys, there's no way I can understand from a single episode that Nana isn't psycho, especially since everything in the last scene's direction gives pretty big yandere vibes with the way Nana's character is portrayed (what exactly in her behaviour in this ep makes her come out as a femme fatale type of character rather than a yandere/psychotic one ?) In the end she isn't yandere nor psycho and is just doing her job, okay, that's good. But that would've been nice for us to discover it by ourselves.

Go and read it on Crunchyroll. But she is the same but not quite there with the modern day pink hair girl.
Oct 7, 2020 7:35 AM

Oct 2008
It will be soon a very easy drop for me if my concerns being proven true... It's a misleading anime, especially if you pay attention to the details.

It has a vibe of danganronpa plot, an imposter/intruder in some group, with a character that it's obviously there to find out that imposter and of course a main character that was oblivious of his potential. The problem with this anime... the main character is the bad guy and you know since the beginning (soo, no thriller here), she is not oblivious of her potentials (no self-revelations), she just a killer on a contract (complete misleading the initial vibe of the anime).

The even worse part is that she thinks she's doing something good (and you probably will learn the motives and the ida ida ida of it), but if you see the details you notice that is not a case, especially with a guy that can only do is nullify the talents of the people that she thinks that are the bad guys... in a very, very worse scenario, he would be counter weaponized to fight the "talents", not killed and much less blame to be able to kill 1 million people with THAT power (an unknown power for the guys that made the contract btw).
It's easily some kind of high-rank manipulation and I'm not willing to see that. I only need to confirm that this guy is really dead and it's an instant drop for me!
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Oct 7, 2020 4:58 PM

Feb 2009
Archfiend836 said:
Damn what the hell happened???

I Frickin' LOVED it.
Is She(Nana) the Main Protagonist or the Guy(Nanao) ???
both have Nana in their names but who is the Talentless one??

i would say the one who has a talent isnt the talentless one
nanao knew he had a power, he just acted like he didnt
vice versa for nana. strong observation and deduction can easily make it look like a mindreader
Oct 7, 2020 9:20 PM

Jan 2013
What a start! It was clear that Nana was behind something, her questions were never random. And judging by the anime name of the anime, Nana is talentless yet she's not the enemy? So why would she try to kill him?

And ofc, there is no way that he's dead.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 8, 2020 4:33 AM
Apr 2020
This is like My Hero Academia but in an isolated island. lol. Are they really there to train or are they brought there to kill each other? This is quite interesting.

Ao_SkyOct 8, 2020 4:38 AM
Oct 8, 2020 4:41 AM

Jan 2015
Yup I knew something was off.
Interesting premise, looking forward to this one
Oct 8, 2020 5:44 AM

Aug 2018
The title of this show definitely made sense at the end of this episode. Talentless Nana couldn't concern Nanao since he just demonstrated his power : so the only other Nana had to be a fake one.
Oct 8, 2020 5:59 AM

May 2018
AivanK said:
And judging by the anime name of the anime, Nana is talentless yet she's not the enemy? So why would she try to kill him?

And ofc, there is no way that he's dead.

Maybe because the people at the school are the real enemy of humanity? At least that's my theory

I also don't think he's dead. It's weird because the posters of the anime shows her together with Nanao and the ash-haired guy, so maybe they'll become friends at some point? Guess we'll have to wait and see

Oct 8, 2020 10:36 AM

Nov 2017
Boku no hero budget edition

Oct 8, 2020 6:03 PM

Jul 2016
DiabloMask said:
This reminds me of Neverland's first episode, hopefully it's not the kind of show that relies entirely on a single twist.

I had a neverland vibe as well...
Oct 8, 2020 7:11 PM

Jan 2020
I thought that was pretty boring (unfortunately I was spoiled on the plot twist on Reddit). I also wasn’t a fan of the art style. I don’t think I’ll like Nana much, but I guess I’ll give it a few episodes.
AnimillionOct 8, 2020 7:26 PM
Oct 8, 2020 7:30 PM

Jan 2020
bastek66 said:
Just like expected some selfinserts are butthurt. Deal with it Nana is the MC.
Fafette said:

She isn't yandere at all. She's just doing her job, stonecold.
FailyGears said:
If Nakajima is actually dead does he really count as a main character?

It's called decoy protagonist. He isn't main character at all.
morsh88 said:

As a leader of the Enemies of humanity.

If people don’t like Nana being the mc, what’s your problem with that? You’re also being kinda butthurt about their opinions. Anyway, I couldn’t care less about Nanao but I’m not sure if Nana will be an mc I’ll like.
Oct 8, 2020 11:37 PM

May 2009
ItIsMeCall911 said:

Hero academia isn't about murdering superpowered kids
Animillion said:
If people don’t like Nana being the mc, what’s your problem with that? You’re also being kinda butthurt about their opinions. Anyway, I couldn’t care less about Nanao but I’m not sure if Nana will be an mc I’ll like.

I have no problem. I just find it funny when they are selfinserts.
Oct 9, 2020 12:34 AM

Oct 2008
OMG for me it was a great first episode! not only that, the last part was a twist! damn sly girl!
this is instant an auto follow for me!
5/5!

Oct 9, 2020 2:48 AM
May 2020
I was so shocked at that twist. I look forward to the next episodes. Also, for anyone who hasn't realized it yet, i'm 90% sure that Nana is the MC. Thats what its called Talentless Nana lmao. However we will see.
Oct 9, 2020 3:47 AM
Apr 2020
You saw the preview?or was the Frist episode?
Oct 9, 2020 8:35 AM

Jan 2013
Dariat said:

Maybe because the people at the school are the real enemy of humanity? At least that's my theory

I also don't think he's dead. It's weird because the posters of the anime shows her together with Nanao and the ash-haired guy, so maybe they'll become friends at some point? Guess we'll have to wait and see

Maybe yeah, but i guess it's hard to answer to that now, we will have to wait at least for the 2nd eps.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 9, 2020 9:41 AM

Mar 2019
Rickydory123 said:
In the end he does have power, I thought he would be literally talentless. It would have been more interesting if he really had no powers at all.

Nanao is the perfect representation of a false underdog that the current shonen use, it is already typical that they present you with a character that supposedly has nothing special, but actually he is special.
Oct 9, 2020 10:40 AM

Jan 2020
bastek66 said:
ItIsMeCall911 said:

Animillion said:

I have no problem. I just find it funny when they are selfinserts.

Ok, you have your opinion and others have theirs. Anime is just entertainment, and if they don’t find it entertaining because they don’t like the mc (or they self insert as you put it) it’s nothing really worth laughing at imo. What’s kinda funny though is how people are calling this a MHA ripoff.
Oct 9, 2020 10:46 AM

Jan 2020
G0ldStark said:
Rickydory123 said:

Nanao is the perfect representation of a false underdog that the current shonen use, it is already typical that they present you with a character that supposedly has nothing special, but actually he is special.

If Nana and Nanao’s roles were reversed, it could’ve made it more interesting for some people. Make it seem like a female mc centred shoujo or something lighthearted and then make a 180 and turn it into a psychological seinen series. There definitely seem to be many people that would have preferred a male mc (I don’t really care either way for this series), so I wonder if that’ll figure into how popular the show will get.
Oct 9, 2020 11:04 AM

Mar 2019
Animillion said:
G0ldStark said:

If Nana and Nanao’s roles were reversed, it could’ve made it more interesting for some people. Make it seem like a female mc centred shoujo or something lighthearted and then make a 180 and turn it into a psychological seinen series. There definitely seem to be many people that would have preferred a male mc (I don’t really care either way for this series), so I wonder if that’ll figure into how popular the show will get.

I already mentioned that this is a deconstruction of the shonen genre with magic school elements not a shoujo.
Oct 9, 2020 11:49 AM

Nov 2017
bastek66 said:
ItIsMeCall911 said:

Still boku no hero budget edition because you clearly can't read

Oct 9, 2020 12:42 PM

May 2009
Animillion said:
Ok, you have your opinion and others have theirs. Anime is just entertainment, and if they don’t find it entertaining because they don’t like the mc (or they self insert as you put it) it’s nothing really worth laughing at imo. What’s kinda funny though is how people are calling this a MHA ripoff.

People who selfinsert are laughingstock.
Oct 9, 2020 12:43 PM

May 2009
G0ldStark said:
I already mentioned that this is a deconstruction of the shonen genre with magic school elements not a shoujo.

Fucking stop. It's not deconstruction and shounen is not a genre. Demographics is just label of magazine, it has nothing to do with the plot.
Oct 9, 2020 12:47 PM

Jan 2020
G0ldStark said:
Animillion said:

No, you are correct. I’m just saying that I thought that could’ve been more interesting. Would’ve been even more of a crazy twist is al I’m saying.
Oct 9, 2020 4:39 PM

Mar 2019
bastek66 said:
G0ldStark said:

Fucking stop. It's not deconstruction and shounen is not a genre. Demographics is just label of magazine, it has nothing to do with the plot.

I mean "shounen" in general not only because of the nekketsu, but also adding to those typical light novel stories about wizarding schools that were popular before the isekai, there are several elements here that are to go against the normal development of those stories For example: eliminate the character who is a stereotype of a generic protagonist who shares characteristics with deku and touma
Oct 9, 2020 6:52 PM

Apr 2015
Eh everything so far was pretty cliche, including the ending. This whole episode unfolded eerily similar to a short story I wrote in middle school lol. I wasn't surprised since it was pretty obvious she was just mostly guessing everything. Her deductions were far too basic and she was asking too many questions. And I facepalmed when the MC said his power was neutralization, I guessed it from the beginning but prayed it wasn't cause so many other MCs already have that power (Mikan from Gakuen Alice, Touma from Index).

I wish Nanao was dead, he seems like a boring MC, looks-wise, power-wise, obvious sad-story-background-wise, and personality-wise. But of course he's not. Welp I'll just keep watching for Kyouya, cause Yuuichi Nakamura VA + white-hair = best boy already.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Oct 9, 2020 10:54 PM

May 2009
G0ldStark said:
I mean "shounen" in general not only because of the nekketsu, but also adding to those typical light novel stories about wizarding schools that were popular before the isekai, there are several elements here that are to go against the normal development of those stories For example: eliminate the character who is a stereotype of a generic protagonist who shares characteristics with deku and touma

It still has nothing to do with shounen. Noragami's manga first chapter also had decoy protagonist and it's also shounen manga. Shounen doesn't specify anything.
Oct 10, 2020 12:34 AM

Dec 2018
Look like rushing a little for me.
I thought Nanao would be the main male protagonist but by looking at the ending song (or Opening song), Kyouya the main male protagonist??

Oct 10, 2020 7:50 AM

Aug 2017
At the first 41 seconds I thougt "a MHA clone".
At 8:41 I started hating the girl just as much as the "MC".
The discussion on how does it feel reading peoples minds at 10:01 was interesing (in my case though, she woudl hear nothing).
At 17:00 I thought "well, he does have a talent, a reactive one..."
At 19:00 I felt like this was gong to be a romantic comedy.
And then, 19:52, wait what?
Oct 10, 2020 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
Wow that girl turned out to be a bitch, I hope she gets her punishment
Oct 10, 2020 5:35 PM

May 2019
Although I didn't expect discount Deku dying, she having no powers was pretty obvious. I mean, it's in the title of the series.

Oct 10, 2020 6:24 PM
Feb 2020
Really silly, I saw what was going on pretty easy, and I was watching at midnight
Saw he wasn't dead in the episode, confirmed on the poster, saw the tags and was unimpressed.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

131 by TheMaster-- »»
Mar 1, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

263 by Ilookgood »»
Feb 26, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM

» Going down, down, and down…

RudeRedis - Jan 15

15 by RudeRedis »»
Feb 2, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2020

156 by Talamare »»
Jan 11, 11:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.