Forum Settings
Forums

'Edens Zero' TV Anime Unveils Staff, Cast, April 2021 Premiere

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
#1
Sep 26, 7:02 AM
News Team
Overkilled Red

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 6425
The Edens Zero Game & Anime panel at this year's Tokyo Game Show Online event announced staff, cast, and a teaser visual (pictured) for the television anime on Saturday. The anime series will air on NTV beginning April 2021.

Staff
Chief Director: Shinji Ishihira (Fairy Tail, Log Horizon)
Director: Yuushi Suzuki (Fairy Tail: Final Series episode director)
Series Composition, Script: Mitsutaka Hirota (Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama, Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa)
Character Design: Yurika Sako (Satsuriku no Tenshi animation director, Lostorage Conflated WIXOSS key animation)
Studio: J.C.Staff

Cast
Shiki Granbell: Takuma Terashima (Blood Lad)
The boy who lived together with machines on Planet Granbell. He can manipulate gravity with his Ether Gear, flying around freely. Brought along by Rebecca, they fly out into space. With his initial goal of making 100 friends, together with Rebecca he sets out to find "Mother," starting their adventure.

Rebecca Bluegarden: Mikako Komatsu (Hai to Gensou no Grimgar)
The girl who works as a "B-Cuber," an online video streamer. Her videos are badly rated and viewer count is sluggish. She is an adventurer registered in the guild but was rather reclusive up until recently, playing video games at home. While her online rank is low, she boasts high shooting skills because of her excellent kinetic visual acuity acquired through these games. If you give her a gun, she will easily decide things with a headshot.

Happy: Rie Kugimiya (ēlDLIVE)
Rebecca's friend, her partner cat. Lost its life when Rebecca was very young but with the help of Professor Weisz was completely mechanized and revived as an android. Is a B-Cuber together with Rebecca on their "Aoneko Channel." Can also transform into the "Happy Blaster."

Edens Zero adapts Hiro Mashima's adventure fantasy manga, which he began serializing in Weekly Shounen Magazine in June 2018. Kodansha published the 11th volume on August 17, with the 12th volume planned for release on October 16.

Kodansha Comics licensed the manga in English and simulpublishes it with the Japanese release on Crunchyroll Manga, ComiXology, and Kindle. The ninth volume went on sale on September 15.

Official site: https://edens-zero.net/
Official Twitter: @EDENSZERO_PJ

Source: Comic Natalie
Modified by Vindstot, Sep 26, 8:32 AM

 
#2
Sep 26, 7:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1238
Man all these new shounen coming out looking exactly like the original is kind of disappointing honestly.
 
#3
Sep 26, 7:13 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 17
The characters look exactly like Fairy Tail's, except we have black haired Natsu. This is just....bad.
 
#4
Sep 26, 7:21 AM
Online
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 61058
same face syndrome is normal for mangakas dude

im excited for this one of the guilty pleasure manga i am reading and its better written than Fairy Tail imo aside from ye the usual sexual ecchi fanservice it has that i know people will hate but not me i like those kind of fanservice

JC Staff seems to be not overloaded with anime works next year too so they can give enough resources (time and talent) for this too if they wish

Aoki the rising ace key animator that did One Punch Man season 2 is working on this one too
 
 
#5
Sep 26, 7:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 5327
Wow JC staff eh, hope we dun see a Index 3 and they do a Railgun instead.

As for cast wow Shiroe's voice actor as Shiki and Mikako as Rebecca, that's great.
 
#6
Sep 26, 8:11 AM

Online
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 1703
J.C.Staff is the last name I'm sure people want to hear lol

Even if I wasn't already familiar with the source, I would still pick this up for Mikakoshi. Too good to be true that she's Rebecca.
 
#7
Sep 26, 8:46 AM
Not The Impostor

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 2077
Why does this look like Fairy Tail? Like I get the whole "same face syndrome" thing but blondie looks exactly the same as Lucy. Not almost the same....EXACTLY the same.


My typical experience with Among Us:
Red: "I just saw black vent"
Black: "It's not me bro....It's light blue. He's pretty sus right now"
Me: "What?! I was doing the card swipe!"

*Gets voted out*
jc9622 was not The Impostor
 
#8
Sep 26, 8:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 5506
No wonder why J.C. Staff haven't been picking new anime series en masse lately, xD.

I addressed the self-plagiarism bit last time so I won't bring that up again now. Got to say, the Key Visual looks pretty nice though.

Here's to hoping this won't turn out to fall like Fairy Tail did.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni


 
 
#9
Sep 26, 8:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2936
Who read the manga? Should I watch this if I liked the first arcs of Fairy Tail, but then I just got bored and forgot about it?
 
Sep 26, 9:21 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 82
Hopefully JC does a good job on this, I like the studio so I don't mind that they are adapting it. Plus JC Staff adapts a lot of their shows to completion so that would be nice if they adapt it all, once the manga finishes. I was hoping it would be long running though so the chances are lowered.

RobertBobert said:
Who read the manga? Should I watch this if I liked the first arcs of Fairy Tail, but then I just got bored and forgot about it?

Yeah, you should try it. It's pretty fun right now and the pacing is very nice. It's not slow or anything and because of that I don't get bored of reading it so I think you might enjoy it. If they keep the pacing like the manga's it will be enjoyable too hopefully.

Modified by happyfacecool, Sep 26, 9:30 AM
 
Sep 26, 9:34 AM
Online
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 61058
Edens Zero will have console and mobile game too

here is it for consoles and maybe PC too since its Unreal Engine

 
Sep 26, 9:37 AM

Online
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 1962
Time for fairy tail 2 electric boogaloo
 
 
Sep 26, 9:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2936
happyfacecool said:
Hopefully JC does a good job on this, I like the studio so I don't mind that they are adapting it. Plus JC Staff adapts a lot of their shows to completion so that would be nice if they adapt it all, once the manga finishes. I was hoping it would be long running though so the chances are lowered.

RobertBobert said:
Who read the manga? Should I watch this if I liked the first arcs of Fairy Tail, but then I just got bored and forgot about it?

Yeah, you should try it. It's pretty fun right now and the pacing is very nice. It's not slow or anything and because of that I don't get bored of reading it so I think you might enjoy it. If they keep the pacing like the manga's it will be enjoyable too hopefully.



Is this going to be a new long shonen like Hiro's past work? Or is it just a fun adventure manga for now?
 
Sep 26, 10:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 182
Fairy Tail v2 is coming
 
Sep 26, 10:25 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 82
RobertBobert said:
happyfacecool said:
Hopefully JC does a good job on this, I like the studio so I don't mind that they are adapting it. Plus JC Staff adapts a lot of their shows to completion so that would be nice if they adapt it all, once the manga finishes. I was hoping it would be long running though so the chances are lowered.


Yeah, you should try it. It's pretty fun right now and the pacing is very nice. It's not slow or anything and because of that I don't get bored of reading it so I think you might enjoy it. If they keep the pacing like the manga's it will be enjoyable too hopefully.



Is this going to be a new long shonen like Hiro's past work? Or is it just a fun adventure manga for now?


Right now it's the characters going on a space adventure. It might go down the way like Fairy Tail though (still has a lot of the fights similar to Fairy Tail however), the author said that he wants it to be longer than Rave Master but shorter than Fairy Tail, but as 100 chapters are out right now I can say its a fun adventure type manga rn.
 
Sep 26, 10:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2936
happyfacecool said:
RobertBobert said:


Is this going to be a new long shonen like Hiro's past work? Or is it just a fun adventure manga for now?


Right now it's the characters going on a space adventure. It might go down the way like Fairy Tail though (still has a lot of the fights similar to Fairy Tail however), the author said that he wants it to be longer than Rave Master but shorter than Fairy Tail, but as 100 chapters are out right now I can say its a fun adventure type manga rn.


I'm not a big fan of space, especially since I just finished the more serious and scientific Planetes, but if that gives me enough vibes of classic shonen, then I don't mind. Moreover, if I remember correctly, Rie already voiced the other cat in FT?
 
Sep 26, 10:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 4570
Disappointed that it's not going to a studio that does long-running anime. Still looking forward to it, though.
 
 
Sep 26, 11:00 AM

Online
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1616
Is Happy the same character as the one from Fairy Tail or the author just was lazy?
 
Sep 26, 11:23 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 21
I was excited about this because I liked the manga, but then I read JC Staff and all my hype died.
 
Sep 26, 11:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 4172
J.C.Staff... great...
 
Sep 26, 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 79
How many episodes will this be?
 
Sep 26, 12:13 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 6061
HyruleanKnight said:
The characters look exactly like Fairy Tail's, except we have black haired Natsu. This is just....bad.

FT at the beginning looked like Rave
 
 
Sep 26, 12:34 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 136
the lack of intelligence from the hiro mashima haters never ceases to amaze me
if it's between living obediently or dying a free man I'd rather pick the ladder
 
Sep 26, 12:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4573
I read like the first 8 chapters then fell off so maybe now is a good time to get back into it lol.

I swear I would have laughed my ass off if they just got the same VAs for Natsu and Lucy to voice Shiki and Rebecca xD
I'm no special story or anything. I'm just a manga that wants to be read, like you could find anywhere. But, if, for argument's sake, you were to adapt me into an anime series, it would certainly be....a tragedy.

-The Tokyo Ghoul/Tokyo Ghoul:re manga, if they could talk
 
Sep 26, 12:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 13412
if it isnt the Fairy Tail but scifi... Damn, looks like a the manga has already reached tons of vols, I do hope it's not gonna be a long running shounen.
 
Sep 26, 1:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 1478
I never got pass the first couple chapters of the manga, so maybe the anime adaptation will change my mind.
 
Sep 26, 2:08 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2612
Reading FT was such an awful experience to me that it made me taking a break from reading in general. I'll probably fully get into reading Edens Zero soon and hope its not as bad so i can be somewhat interested in the anime adaptation. At the very least it'll have some hot girls.
 
Sep 26, 2:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 854
Fairy Tail is terrible, but its first three arcs are enjoyable. This is even worse because I haven´t seen a single person defending it.

Also JC, I mean you could have been adapted by Deen instead, so they didn´t got the worst one.
 
Sep 26, 2:50 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1241
deg said:
same face syndrome is normal for mangakas dude

im excited for this one of the guilty pleasure manga i am reading and its better written than Fairy Tail imo aside from ye the usual sexual ecchi fanservice it has that i know people will hate but not me i like those kind of fanservice

JC Staff seems to be not overloaded with anime works next year too so they can give enough resources (time and talent) for this too if they wish

Aoki the rising ace key animator that did One Punch Man season 2 is working on this one too


yeah, I mean just look at the works of Dragon Ball's writer, a lot of his characters look pretty simiilar too
 
 
Sep 26, 2:51 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1241
Pakumen- said:
Fairy Tail is terrible, but its first three arcs are enjoyable. This is even worse because I haven´t seen a single person defending it.

Also JC, I mean you could have been adapted by Deen instead, so they didn´t got the worst one.


Eden's Zero is a pretty decent series that improves on the issues of Fairy Tail
 
Sep 26, 2:55 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1241
love the voice pick for Rebecca, mostly because I loved Mikako Komatsu as Yume.

I hope J.C. Staff can do great work with this one, they've been shown to know what their doing with the right time and budget.

I hope it's only a two cour series instead of a long runner though, maybe just give it multiple seasons, that's what I'd prefer
 
Sep 26, 3:06 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1241
Ionliosite said:
I was excited about this because I liked the manga, but then I read JC Staff and all my hype died.


J.C. Staff has actually done some great work. They've done well with To Aru spin offs, the animation for Is It Wrong to Pick up Girls in a dungeon is good, the konosuba movie looked good, Nobari no ou looked good,
WIXOSS
Heavy Object
Toradora
Golden Time
Shakugan no Shana
Ano natsu de matteru
Amanchu
Bakumon
Children of the whales
Their animation has never been amazing, but it's only ever been bad when the studio is rushed or lacking in budget
 
 
Sep 26, 6:49 PM
穂乃果は神

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 1560
Happy? What the fuck? Like how Plue came from Rave Master to Fairy Tail? Holy shit. I'm guessing they're somehow a different character, like Fairy Tail Plue is as well. :/
Every story has something more to deliver than the surface story.

_____________________________________

 
Sep 26, 9:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 26
I read the manga when it started and it is an ok series. However, I think we are too old for shounen now. Not excited for this anime at all.
 
Sep 26, 9:56 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 26
Piromysl said:
Is Happy the same character as the one from Fairy Tail or the author just was lazy?
In this happy is a robot. It came from the planet named similar to what their species is called in fairytail, at least thats what I remember from the manga.
 
Sep 27, 1:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 362
I guess I'll watch it to pass time. Dropped the manga cause the plot of different planets really didn't interest me.

Everyone talking about same face syndrome, Hiro Mashima has the severe “same face syndrome” it's not surprising to me.

Couldn't stop my laugh after seeing JC Staff but then again I don't really care, this one wouldn't leave that kind of impact like how Fairy Tail left. To me it's just gonna be a long running anime on the side.

Would have been better if they just adapted the Fairy Tail 100 year quest. Would enjoy it just for the nostalgia.

I'm happy that Komatsu Mikako will be voicing Rebecca. Will watch it only to hear her cute voice.
Modified by Rickydory123, Sep 27, 1:13 AM
 
Sep 27, 1:56 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 143
Rie Kyugumiya voicing Happy, AGAIN. Star of the J.C Staff for a reason.
 
Sep 27, 3:15 AM

Online
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 2192
jc9622 said:
Why does this look like Fairy Tail? Like I get the whole "same face syndrome" thing but blondie looks exactly the same as Lucy. Not almost the same....EXACTLY the same.
and the other character is Gray as kid.

Finally our so long awaited ship has been finally sailed. Alleluia!
 
 
Sep 27, 7:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 339
Shiki and Shintaro (kagepro) have the same voice actor--- I definitely didn't expect that! At first, I couldn't imagine it in my head, but the more I think about it the more it fits!

And Rebecca's voice! I didn't remember her voice from the other shows I watched, but I looked it up and it fits so well! I honestly love it so much!

Maybe they could have chosen someone else for Happy, but oh well, I'm really excited to hear them. x)
 
Sep 28, 2:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 32


is it me or Rebecca is significantly more thicc here than in the manga? i love the booty upgrade 😁
 
 
Sep 29, 8:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 568
Pass. Easy.

After the disappointments who were Bleach and Fairy Tail, I sweared to never again read a long running battle shounen.

Why waste time reading something with 300+ chapters who can turn bad (and likely will...) when you can read multiple sm0l mangas who stay consistent on his themes and charc development?

And I have the fellings this is gonna be Boruto level of milking nostalgia, with lowest possible effort.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)
 
Sep 29, 4:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 905
desmondlogan said:


is it me or Rebecca is significantly more thicc here than in the manga? i love the booty upgrade 😁


Hi Lucy! You in space now ?
HACKs! 🤢🤮
 
Oct 2, 11:22 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 21
NG_Chloe said:
Ionliosite said:
I was excited about this because I liked the manga, but then I read JC Staff and all my hype died.


J.C. Staff has actually done some great work. They've done well with To Aru spin offs, the animation for Is It Wrong to Pick up Girls in a dungeon is good, the konosuba movie looked good, Nobari no ou looked good,
WIXOSS
Heavy Object
Toradora
Golden Time
Shakugan no Shana
Ano natsu de matteru
Amanchu
Bakumon
Children of the whales
Their animation has never been amazing, but it's only ever been bad when the studio is rushed or lacking in budget

The fact I don't even know what most of those are, in addition to the ones I do know (bar KonoSuba) are anime I don't even like, your point is moot to me.
 
Oct 2, 1:47 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1241
Fabris said:
Pass. Easy.

After the disappointments who were Bleach and Fairy Tail, I sweared to never again read a long running battle shounen.

Why waste time reading something with 300+ chapters who can turn bad (and likely will...) when you can read multiple sm0l mangas who stay consistent on his themes and charc development?

And I have the fellings this is gonna be Boruto level of milking nostalgia, with lowest possible effort.


It seems like your just reading the wrong long running Shonen
 
Oct 2, 1:50 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1241
Ionliosite said:
NG_Chloe said:


J.C. Staff has actually done some great work. They've done well with To Aru spin offs, the animation for Is It Wrong to Pick up Girls in a dungeon is good, the konosuba movie looked good, Nobari no ou looked good,
WIXOSS
Heavy Object
Toradora
Golden Time
Shakugan no Shana
Ano natsu de matteru
Amanchu
Bakumon
Children of the whales
Their animation has never been amazing, but it's only ever been bad when the studio is rushed or lacking in budget

The fact I don't even know what most of those are, in addition to the ones I do know (bar KonoSuba) are anime I don't even like, your point is moot to me.


In that case, you could look into them. They're all on MAL and they're all readily available.
 
Oct 2, 1:51 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1241
Old_School_Akira said:
desmondlogan said:


is it me or Rebecca is significantly more thicc here than in the manga? i love the booty upgrade 😁


Hi Lucy! You in space now ?


She resembles Lucy, except the changes are small enough to make her actualot attractive
 
Oct 2, 6:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 568
NG_Chloe said:
Fabris said:
Pass. Easy.

After the disappointments who were Bleach and Fairy Tail, I sweared to never again read a long running battle shounen.

Why waste time reading something with 300+ chapters who can turn bad (and likely will...) when you can read multiple sm0l mangas who stay consistent on his themes and charc development?

And I have the fellings this is gonna be Boruto level of milking nostalgia, with lowest possible effort.




It seems like your just reading the wrong long running Shonen



Nah, aside from HiatusXHiatus, Samurai Troopers, Yu Yu Hakusho and FMAB, they all either started good and got bad, or just are kinda bad from the begining.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)
 
 
Oct 4, 9:39 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 19
If satomi sato and tomoaki maeno join this cast, it will be husband wife reunion and rie kugimiya will shock after she know that they're married in real life
 
Oct 5, 3:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 4
For those who are still snubbing this series, it's not very different than Fairy Tail, but it is better:

The world (universe) is quite vast and eccentric
The series has a darker tone than FT
It has fewer characters but they are more lovable
Superpowers have a better concept than simple magic
The protagonist is all the time in search of his main objective
The author said he had the series planned from start to finish

PS: The voice actors are perfect !!
 
Oct 5, 8:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2127
I love the guy doing the music for this series, so there is that.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »