Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 26, 2020 12:51 AM
Jan 2019
This series is great, but honestly, I think 8.56 (at the moment of writing this) is too high of a score.

Plot:- The plot is good, but has its own problems. The premise of Oregairu or rather what is wants to show should be dependent on its character and not its story. What I’m trying to say is that Oregiaru portrays itself as a character driven story but adds unnecessary story elements. For example the prom part in this season was quite unnecessary. If they instead focused entirely on the characters it would be better.

Characters:- Hachiman is a fresh character trope, someone with a pessimistic and cynical view, this kind of view is less seen in anime. In a way, he relates to a good amount of young people in today’s society who have the same view. Yukinon is also an interesting character. That’s it. Every other character either exists to help these two develop or is just for laughs.

If you remember, basically everyone Komachi, Hiratsuka, Haruno etc. have only helped develop Hachiman.
Remember Totsuka? Me neither, he just existed as the trap character who casually disappears into the shadows in season 3 because that season needed more focus on our two main characters and there was no room for laughs.
Talking about Yui, she just exists for the sake for the love triangle.
This series caters to Hachiman and Yukinon.

Music:- The opening and endings were okayish to good. The OST is a different story though.
At multiple points in the story they’ve played the slowed mellow piano versions of the openings, this was visible in both season 2 and season 3. And correct me if I’m wrong but they must have played them a great deal of times given how they’re totally etched into my brain. They’re great but they’re played a little too much.
Also other than those two, the OST doesn’t have many memorable pieces or a great deal of variation.

Score:- 8.56 is too great of a score for this season as I believe that this season was the weakest of the three. Even if you decided to give 8.56 overall for all the 3 seasons, I still believe it’s too high.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 26, 2020 12:55 AM
Aug 2020
lmao you really gonna start the "omg I didn't like it as much as other people, so its overrated" thing
write a review bro
well, usually when a series ends, the score drops a little.
But the score is so high because its a continuation of a series, meaning people who liked this show will watch it giving it a high rating, the same could be seen with ATOT s3p2.
Sep 26, 2020 1:23 AM
Apr 2019
I mean MAL score doesn’t matter much. Recency bias is a big problem.
Sep 26, 2020 1:30 AM
Jan 2019
NakolHira said:

Yeah I’d agree, I think a better way to see the overall public reception of the series is to look at the reviews. Not the best, but certainly better than a number. Looking at oregairu for instance, among the top 4 reviews, you can see 10, 1, 9, 6 scores. This means that a fair share of people probably didn’t like the series.
Sep 26, 2020 1:33 AM
Apr 2019
supransh said:
NakolHira said:

Yeah I’d agree, I think a better way to see the overall public reception of the series is to look at the reviews. Not the best, but certainly better than a number. Looking at oregairu for instance, among the top 4 reviews, you can see 10, 1, 9, 6 scores. This means that a fair share of people probably didn’t like the series.
I gave it an 8 cz the adaptation almost sucks in the middle.
Sep 26, 2020 1:35 AM

Nov 2013
The whole franchise is overrated.
You all need to watch Nami.

Sep 26, 2020 2:49 AM
Jun 2020
People hated me when I told them the truth.
abystoma2 said:
Sep 26, 2020 2:57 AM

Jul 2017
The only reason this season has over a 7 is because oregairu fanbase is still big on mal
Salter >>>>>> OG SABER DONT @ ME
Sep 26, 2020 4:58 AM
Jan 2018
while I appreciate your honest review and its more than welcome... you're clearly baiting with that thread title. If you want attention that badly start an onlyfans or something.
Sep 26, 2020 5:23 AM
Dec 2016
I don't know, dude. The fanbase grew up with the anime so, it's hard for us to judge this objectively. We know there are more romcom anime that are better than this, and Oregairu is not all that perfect, but we enjoy them thoroughly more than any anime out there.

I've been here for 4 years and lately I don't really care about score, whether it's 6 or 3, I'm still gonna watch things I enjoy lol
Sep 26, 2020 6:05 AM

May 2018
Another day , another "X show is actually overrated!!" thread.
No it's not. It's a good show and that's it. But yeah , this season was definitely weaker than the previous seasons , I will give you that.
Oh , and if that makes you feel better , the score will drop atleast a few digits in the future like every anime's score on here does.. So there is that.
Sep 26, 2020 6:37 AM
Dec 2009
I don't know dude, for me I invest in this anime because of yanagiyagi at first. but then I found their relationship at season 1 is so refreshing for me. It's like listening to Araragi conversation. by the second season it becoming more romance anime than before.
for short this anime is one of the very few harem romance anime that I could enjoy. the character is decent, I could agree of most of their thought. The characters relationship is the 9/10 for me
not all plot is executed well, but that just a spicy for their relationship.
the characters, this one point is this anime top selling point. especially Hachiman and Yukinon. I can hardly imagine season 1 Hachiman to be season 2 Hachiman and then season 3 (I need a long pause everytime Hachiman tears fell)
music, OP and ED song is good. it deliver how the anime should looks like. the soundtrack maybe not as good as Seishun Buta Yarou. but still timingly good

But I agree that overrated thing. for me it's 9/10. It becoming popular, one people said it's good, other people follow. and opinion becoming bias. this is the final arc, so this season is representing all season score.
one this that I don't like is the way they try to milk this anime
Sep 26, 2020 7:21 AM

Dec 2015
and again...
the series has absolutely more haters than toxic fan...
you can find that in reviews..
"ah.. yes.. a f*ckin' show that I hate it shouldn't be beloved so far" and get liked by other haters...
yes.. i don't have good opinion about some animes like re:zero, kaguya-sama, SnK, yakusoku no neverland and so, like Public Opinion.. but its not a good reason that i hate them and their fans and score them 1, 2 or 3...

its my favorite anime but since it wasn't perfect i scored it 9/10 cuz the Excellent ending, very good Characterizations (during series).
yes.. the series had some foibles like pacing and bad animations in some point.. but not so strong that pulling the score under 8.5.

at the end: 1st season 7, second one 8, and the final 9: whole series: 8
ReMadzaSep 26, 2020 7:26 AM
Sep 26, 2020 7:35 AM
Nov 2019
Solid 7, s3 was a little boring but im satisfied with the ending
Sep 26, 2020 8:14 AM

Oct 2018
I see a lot of people getting heated just because "their girl" didnt actually win the "best girl wars" and I generally just dismiss those peoples opinions as biased, since they act as if they can speak objectively or as if they're speaking "the truth."

But I can see the logic in finding the plot elements unnecessary. This is especially true in terms of how the show tries to play off its characters as deep. And while this season has generally had some slow and melodramatic tropes, I just find Hachiman's development very well done, and didn't really care for the weaker side characters. Hachiman is a very strong MC for the show because of all the subtext and development surrounding his character.

I can definitely see where this is coming from though, since Hachiman had already at this point realized his end destination, and this season was basically just there to help him reach that.
KonpurekkusuSep 26, 2020 8:19 AM
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Sep 26, 2020 8:18 AM
Dec 2019
wape said:
abystoma2 said:

LMAO you gave Uzaki-chan 10* and Oregairu 1*, you probably didn't even watch it and just gave it a one because you don't understand the show and don't like the fact that it's more popular than some you watch and people trash on, your review on Oregairu is basically worthless
Sep 26, 2020 8:33 AM

Jul 2013
I agree this series is heavily character driven but it's painfully obvious they serve the plot too much. Although Yukino and Hachiman are ok, every other side character are just plot devices for both main characters. I still enjoyed the show though.
Sep 26, 2020 9:00 AM

Apr 2019
lolilewder_ said:
wape said:

LMAO you gave Uzaki-chan 10* and Oregairu 1*, you probably didn't even watch it and just gave it a one because you don't understand the show and don't like the fact that it's more popular than some you watch and people trash on, your review on Oregairu is basically worthless

I disagree with her too, but I think that's a bit harsh.
my life was made with mematic.
Sep 26, 2020 11:01 AM

Dec 2012
Minority opinion..dont get me wrong i still respect your opinion.. there was a reason why the score was high..that just mean majority of people think this show is good...
I keep found this kind of thread in every high score anime, why? Yep because minority people keep posting this kind of thread..theres no end of it because you cant like the same thing
Sep 26, 2020 11:31 AM
Jun 2020
lolilewder_ said:
wape said:

They're two completely different series. I don't see the point of comparing the two.
Sep 26, 2020 11:38 AM

Oct 2019
ag_ said:
lolilewder_ said:

I disagree with her too, but I think that's a bit harsh.

It is rather harsh but the accusation about them not understanding the series does actually make sense. It's very apparent in their review that they have no idea what they just watched. I'm a huge Oregairu fan but I can also spot its weaknesses and admit to them when necessary. So I wouldn't say I'm being a salty fanboy here, which is a conclusion that I'm sure many would come to based on my recent minor clashes with this wape person.
Sep 26, 2020 12:23 PM

Dec 2019
this whole franchise's ass.
Sep 26, 2020 12:28 PM

Mar 2018
Thread Locked for breaking Rule 2 of Anime Discussion:

2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. picture collecting
b. random "xx vs. yy" (e.g. random anime/manga/character xx vs. random anime/manga/character yy)
c. gossiping about individuals (e.g. youtubers, channels/videos, MAL members, other sites' users, etc.)
d. personal storytelling, narration, ranting, and/or blog-style posts; these topics only encourage a one-way discussion where members are commenting on the poster's idea, and should be posted using blog feature instead

Threads about ranking and/or scores just encourage flame wars between people who like the show and people who dislike it. They don't promote any kind of actual discussion.
You can use the Most Overrated/Underrated thread to talk about it.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

488 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:45 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

421 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.