Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2020 9:03 PM

Sep 2010
Surprised how many people are saying they liked the ending. I liked the show up until now, but hated this ending. I guess it's not as bad since there will be a season 2, but still thought it was a terrible episode.
Sep 25, 2020 9:37 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013

Now I wait for S2 and more of Chizuru/Ruka/Sumi...and pray for less of Mami
Sep 25, 2020 9:39 PM
Mar 2014
I hate cliffhangers smh but well Mami knows the secret now and things are starting to take a turn. Sit back and relax for season 2 I suppose.. is what I would of said a few years back with my anime only self but I'm getting right into it with the manga because suspense kills me
Sep 25, 2020 9:43 PM
May 2017
So Mami shows some balls and actually confronts Mizuhara head-on, sparing the threats or blackmail. Yet, our main character spends over half the episode hiding, crying, quivering, and unable to freaking say a single fucking thing to any girl without cutting off mid sentence or playing it off right away. I get that there's a second season coming where this dude's tests will finally drop, but honestly, I personally find it a little hard to see him be so damn spineless even in the last episode of the season.
BliskSep 25, 2020 10:30 PM
Sep 25, 2020 9:56 PM

Oct 2016
Nice, I enjoyed that last episode. You were so close Ruka but, alas Kazuya was reminded of his feelings.

That mention of halca and the peggies though lmao that was great. What exactly is it that Mami wants though.

Goddamnit Kazuya you were so close to being a man, but you backed down at the last second. Can't wait for season 2 though I'll probably go ahead and read the manga I've been itching to read it.
Sep 25, 2020 10:28 PM
Apr 2019
This episode makes me want to transport into Berserk World. She deserves some "teaching" from Griffith. Just kidding, but I really don't like her.

This anime adaptation is good enough to cater Season 2. I'm really excited for adaptation of the next parts. This is another anime to end this Summer 2020 after Oregairu and Food Wars.
Sep 25, 2020 10:34 PM
Dec 2017
Natsude_tanaka said:
can anyone tell me why ppl hate this show? i hate reviews that is in essay form lol its not that deep but i am curious to know why

Because of the MC - they say he is too pathetic and doesn't get better. But i think that he's very relatable (or at least partially). And maybe because they recognized themselves in him they hate him?
Sep 25, 2020 10:36 PM
Jan 2016
Haha, for the first time in this anime series, I agree with Mami, yeah I think she's wise to say that Chizuru must stop lying, stop pretending, because there's nothing good in it. And Kazuya, please become a strong-hearted man, don't easily fall for every cute girls...it's not love, man, it's just lust...that Chizuru-Mami's scene is iconic I thing, yeah, Kazuya is a really lucky boy, really lucky, to even make girls stand up for him...And yeah, Chizuru is just perfect, I agree with Kazuya, she's just a perfect girl, just well-balanced, haha...or I must say that Chizuru is perfect because she knows what, when, and where to do things, she can learn the condition supef fast and perfect...If I become Kazuya, I'll absolutely go for Chizuru, haha, mark my words...why we must bother to love another people who doesn't even loving us?
Sep 25, 2020 10:42 PM

May 2020
Sondfer said:
Natsude_tanaka said:
can anyone tell me why ppl hate this show? i hate reviews that is in essay form lol its not that deep but i am curious to know why

Because of the MC - they say he is too pathetic and doesn't get better. But i think that he's very relatable (or at least partially). And maybe because they recognized themselves in him they hate him?

but that shouldnt be the focal point to hate this anime because without him they will not have a story to tell
Sep 25, 2020 10:46 PM

Aug 2008
I lol'd at the mention of The Peggies and Halca.

Mami may be worst girl, but she's what makes this show so exciting. The episodes with Mami in it are the best episodes. Too bad Sumi isn't really in the last episode.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 25, 2020 10:48 PM

Aug 2017
Yup, this was a good ending episode for this season.

Damn Ruka is soo cute!!

Also ,that Mizuhara focused opening/ending was really good. Even though I'm a ruka fan, that ending made me a bit of a Mizuhara's fan.

We got to see Mizuhara's gramps photo. I hope they adapt that arc in season 2.

Overall, a good 1st season. 7/10

Sep 25, 2020 11:45 PM

Jul 2014
GEEZ KAZUYA BE A MAN AND MEAN IT!!!

Just when I thought Ruka would get a chance, Chizuru had to show up.
Man, Mami is one so moody. I hope she gets better.
Gonna go read the manga now. I really hope Kazuya becomes a stronger person, and shows more confidence. Can't wait for S2, because I WANT MORE RUKA AND SUMI!!!

I mean, this is just my personal prediction:
Ruka and Sumi are just side girls, so rooting for these two may lead to heartbreak really. I'm not saying they don't have a chance, but it's unlikely they'll win. (BTW I'm TEAMRUKA)
I really feel like Mami and Chizuru are the only competition, with Chizuru having that COMMANDING lead. The only reason why I say Mami is even a contender is because Kazuya still has those feely feels for her somewhere deep down and would make for some hella plot twist type shit that I see way too often in harems...
Sep 25, 2020 11:48 PM

Jan 2013
This was going to be the best episode, fml
I was really waiting for that moment...where Kazuya would say it, and he did... i guess. But there was no way that i was waiting for that 180º.
I'm loving this series, way more than i should but i can't help when i know that this all could have ended so much sooner... Kazuya is one of the worst MC's that i can remember, but i do guess that what made me enjoy this so much.

Ending that episode on Kazuya declaring himself to Chizuru would have been more than enough, yet Kazuya is back at it again... And the whole fact that he refuses to believe that Chizuru has feelings for him i just insane, but i guess i do kinda get him.

The whole bridge scene was pretty tense! I'm glad that Kazuya didn't fell over or something like that lmao
And is Mami turning into a good character? Or all of that is just an illusion? At this point, i can already tell that the person who will suffer the most is Ruka, she's the one that doesn't deserve any of this.

It was a bittersweet ending, but i am glad that at least we have another season! Idk when the mangaka plans to end the manga but i wish for an ending at the next season. Btw from what I've seen the 2nd season isn't coming before 2021, so i do guess i will read the manga, i can't hold that long xD

Knowing that this episode ended like this, with Mizuhara going for the first time on a "real date" with Kazuya is the "best" ending but we also know that the next episode he will be at it again...

So until the next season, I'll leave the best girl here!
9/10

Update: Just seen Gigguk's twitter post and i guess i am not the only one who is enjoying this series so much. I guess i have been convinced...time to read the manga.
AivanKSep 26, 2020 12:18 AM
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 26, 2020 12:39 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
-Personal ranting against this series at my spoiler. Don't read it if you just want to debate it. Surely you get denied.-

The next second? Surely i will watching it. Because, this series need to catch up what they lost at its ending. And that was the most shit they needed to do first, before closing the mess.

Thats it for me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 26, 2020 12:59 AM
Sep 2008
Natsude_tanaka said:

but that shouldnt be the focal point to hate this anime because without him they will not have a story to tell

The anime title is "Rent a Girlfriend" if Kazuya was erased from the story, you can tell another one about the girls that work as a rental girldfriend and how they interact with different kind of customers that actually felt relatable without making it a generic harem.
Sep 26, 2020 1:18 AM
Jul 2018
Just watched it. First thoughts after seeing the ending: (imagine in Mami's voice) wow! we get a sequel! More money to be made! Yay~!

For this episode, MC doesn't even like Ruka and yet is trying to reason with himself to settle for Ruka (even though Ruka is too good for someone like him), then seemingly takes back what he said the second he saw Mami and Chizuru. And despite appearing in the OP and ED and the promotional images for the anime, Sumi was barely even in one episode of the anime lol... Nice move there, promoting the singers/artists/band of the OP/ED at the karaoke.

Much as I dislike this show's story and MC (maybe not as much as the those who hate every aspect of MC), the female characters are all really cute and the VAs sound amazing which is the main reason I watched it till the end of the season (and will probably watch the next season too...maybe)

Honestly, IMO if the anime or manga was not making enough money to justify a second season, the last scene of the anime before the credits would have been a satisfactory end if the MC omits the "like you as a rental" part. Since Chizuru also has feelings for MC, the after credits would then be them living the official, real couple life.
Sep 26, 2020 1:25 AM
Jul 2017
Damn, why this anime make me remind to rec.... My heart is cracking ):
Sep 26, 2020 1:28 AM
Dec 2017
Natsude_tanaka said:
Sondfer said:

I don't know what they want. Standart harem MC? Guy who solves everything in one season? Who knows.
Sep 26, 2020 1:54 AM
Feb 2020
well chizuru truly showing why she is worth for being the main heroine and also best girl,her flaw is that she fall for kazuya for plot reason lmao,the series is as 1 season typical harem is below average so its 5/10,but because of kazuya being bad character from start till end it get 4/10 scores.

this author must know that writing ur main character as "super sh***y degenerate of a guy doesnt make it good or REALISTIC,specially when its going TOO FAR",fortunately for author many ppl fall for that lmao and saying that kazuya is good character,its the same as those cliche from seinen/josei drama romance again "if it have cheating/ntr,a**holes then its amazing and realistic" lol.
Sep 26, 2020 2:42 AM
Jan 2019
8/10
Hear me out for what it was, most of the time it was hilarious to watch unfold and Kazuya being the living embodiment of a bruh moment really made it funny as hell. Chizuru was best girl by far in my op, A genuine one who put up with kazuya dumbass moments.

The Ruka scenes at the beginning of this episode definitely showed why she could be on par with Chizuru and maybe even take Kazuya (prob not).

DAMN they really had their date at the karaoke spot. Kazuyas was in terror the whole time lmaooo...then Mami spitting venom at Chizuru she really a psychopath underneath. More like very manipulative in a really aggressive approach but always under the skin.

Then Chizuru trying to see how Mami was really feeling for Kazuya but poor guy won’t catch a break for a bit ;/

That last scene with him saying his true feelings (kinda?) I thought was a nice wrap up to the show. Showing the immediate aftermath of both sides and maybe a hint from Chizuru that maybe he’s got a chance in the future?

Definitely one of my favorites from this year, season 2 boutta be funny as well if it’s able to catch up to the manga. Anyways we stay rocking with TEAM CHIZURU ######
F_PSep 26, 2020 11:59 AM

F,P
Sep 26, 2020 3:03 AM
Aug 2020
Ruka deserves better.
The only decent character.
Sep 26, 2020 3:34 AM

Feb 2020
Ah, God damn it........Finally, Chizuru saying "Baka" in classic anime style...
My Favourite Anime of this season!! 10/10
This anime does have some flaws here and there ( other than MC ) but I rate anime on the basis of Enjoyment!! And I enjoyed this to the Fullest!!

Can't wait for the next season!!

RainyShadow said:

Did anyone else wait to see this first on fridays, so they can somewhat heal a bit with Uzaki afterwards?

Lol Yeah!!
Nefelupitou said:
The saddest thing about this show is that the best girl only had 16 minutes on screen.

Don't worry! The second season will cover up for that!!
TheMatth99 said:
Am I the only one who thought Mami-chan looked like Meliodas

LMFAO!! She does!!
FMmatron said:
People dislike Kazuya because he's living their dream.

True!! Underrated Comment!
Sep 26, 2020 5:15 AM

Sep 2017
lmao i didnt expect this shit to get more season, well its because popular i guess

+1 Kazuya for the most punchable MC of the year

5/10
Sep 26, 2020 6:28 AM
Mar 2019
this episode is so good an real. poor Ruka hin a second he lost the opportunity of being with Kazuya

its to good adapted to manga

i think in aphril or july 2021 it be the second season
Sep 26, 2020 7:03 AM

Aug 2017
Final ep and MC is still a crying, snotty nosed pansy. It's preposterous, completely unrealistic and misleading to portray him having any chance with Mizuhara who is miles out of his league. He should just stick with Ruka and forget about Mizuhara, story over.

Why the hell is creep Kazuya always stalking too?

Sep 26, 2020 7:26 AM

Jul 2017
Sondfer said:
Natsude_tanaka said:

I don't know what they want. Standart harem MC? Guy who solves everything in one season? Who knows.

ikr.. imo this shitty phatetic MC is the thing that makes me wanna continue watch the anime lol. or least what makes this show great/unique.
Sep 26, 2020 7:46 AM
Apr 2015
MAN I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DIDN'T END WITH THAT HANGER BEFORE THE CREDITS, IT'D BE MUCH BETTER
Sep 26, 2020 8:08 AM
Aug 2010
fastforwarding record: watched the whole episode in under 2 minutes... thank god this cringemasu shitshow has ended, 2nd season? hell na, mb only as a binge of all episodes in under 10min if at all... im surprised there are ppl who pay for this stuff and producers therefore decide to do the 2nd season, disgusting
Sep 26, 2020 9:34 AM
Great Love

Mar 2019
Where does it leave off in the manga

Sep 26, 2020 10:00 AM

Apr 2015
nice ending, I liked this anime

especially liked the 2nd season announcement
good surprise
Sep 26, 2020 10:46 AM
Oct 2019
Yeahh boy Season Finale is here...

Mami need more screen time to ruin Kazuya life, because this guy doesn't deserve happiness.

Overall 5/10, pity score just because the girls was interesting.

I'm looking forward to more best girl battle on Season 2
davidyodo24Aug 1, 2022 2:15 AM
Sep 26, 2020 11:02 AM
Nov 2019
Chizuru and Mami at the karaoke was tenser than I was expecting, and the bridge scene as well. When Kazuya walked back his confession though, I damn near slammed my head on the wall!
Sep 26, 2020 11:08 AM

Jun 2015
Holy, he said it! He mustered the courage and said the thing that hundreds of romance works failed to say and the work dragged on for centuries.

And then he takes it all back.
Niveen_SleemSep 26, 2020 11:13 AM
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Sep 26, 2020 11:53 AM
Jul 2020
Endured more than a thousand deaths going through this episode.
Kazuya-kun, you idiot.
Sep 26, 2020 12:07 PM

Aug 2008
If this anime didn't have Chizuru it would be completely unwatchable. I'll try season 2 out but this better improve.
Sep 26, 2020 12:19 PM

Dec 2014
reading manga... hmm

hoping its gets season 2 soon
Sep 26, 2020 1:14 PM

May 2018
ok finally. Finally Kazuya managed to say something of a confession to Mizuhara lol

I also love the Peggies haha

5/10 guilty pleasure of the season for me
Sep 26, 2020 1:15 PM

May 2018
Let me guess , Kazuya was about to confess his love for Ruka chan, until he sees Mami and Chizuru , to which thing change for the worse for him anywayz.

On to season 2.......Shit, more Kazuya's dickwand shenanigans'
Sep 26, 2020 2:26 PM
Mar 2015
Our wuss has not changed He is still the same cliche harem male lead who can't act Liked Chizaru defending the wuss Momo is just dirt for confronting her Ruka knows she is a lost cause but still continues
Sep 26, 2020 2:55 PM

Dec 2016
Mami showed her true colors to Mizuhara!! She must've seen Mami's sudden change of behavior, right?? I don't think Kazuya seemed to realize he's being a real stalker XD

I enjoyed this show ^^ Will wait for season 2 since it's already confirmed :) Hope we can see more screentime for Sumi this time.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 26, 2020 3:18 PM
Apr 2020
I'm disappointed.
Honestly, my disappointment began when Ruka fell for the MC. It killed the whole point of the show that our protagonist is a single dude who's renting a girlfriend because he can't have one.
But the nonsense pointless drama between the main love interest and the blonde ruined it even more. Why is the blonde even a relevant character still? Protagonist is not into her anymore.
Also, the ending was a cop out.
I'm not gonna waste my time with the 2nd season unless if someone convinces me otherwise.
The visuals (art and animation) is 1/3.
The audio (soundtrack and voice acting) is 2/3.
The story is 1/3. It starts well; but the entrance of Ruka, the remaining of Mami, and the increasing generosity of Chiziru is nonsense.
The entertainment factor is 1/1 bringing the score to a 5/10.
Sep 26, 2020 3:32 PM

Mar 2015
You blew it dude.

Again.
The sword that takes life gives life
Sep 26, 2020 4:18 PM

Dec 2016
Chiibi said:
This adaptation was fine...though I'm disappointed we didn't get to hear Chizuru sing. :[ I wonder if her seiyuu can't...or maybe they just didn't wanna bother with it.

She definitely can sing
she signed in multiple OP & ED and in a few "singing in episode" https://myanimelist.net/people/21517/Sora_Amamiya
I only know her ability from this OP:
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 26, 2020 4:56 PM

Mar 2017
Yeah.... I don't trust Mami at all. She says she won't tell anyone but she's a bitch so it's pretty inevitable that she's going to threaten either Mizuhara or Kuzuya (or both) at some point next season!

I feel really sorry for Ruka; she might be a bit overly possessive and selfish at times but she genuinely likes Kuzuya and he's just stringing her along at this point.

I found a glimmer of respect for Kuzuya when he finally confessed to Mizuhara... and then that scene after the credits came and that respect died an instant death. Positive spin though; Kuzuya can only improve as a character, right?
Sep 26, 2020 5:03 PM

Nov 2011
Chizuru is top tier waifu and you can't change my mind. Mami is Garbage. Ruka is less annoying because she actually admits to wanting to make Kazuya fall for her and Sumi is precious as fuck.

This anime was really only good for the animation and seeing how beautiful Chizuru is. Other then that it's just an Okay anime.

Kazuya came up big at times but failed in crucial moments.

I gave it a 7/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 26, 2020 6:33 PM

Jan 2012
I like it and hopefully second season will progress further. Though, main MC is the least likeable in series.

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Sep 26, 2020 7:37 PM
Jul 2013
Lul, such a clusterfuck of nothing.
Nothing really happened in this small "arc". We had so many paths to develop towards, yet the usual "haha let's go back to the status quo nothing happened here" was used, as usual.

Kazuya is a piece of shit. He literally is playing with Ruka's feelings regardless of what people claim at this point. He is acting retarded with Chizuru, and the entire interaction of Mami with Chizuru felt completely fake. They didn't talk about anything, each one of them avoided pretty much everything directed at them and the opposing character was like "haha you outplayed me now I'll play you" when in fact they didn't go anywhere.

Its obvious they all love him, its obvious he is too dumb to figure it out, and I find it funny how any male besides Kibe is displayed as a piece of shit in this series... lul.
Sep 26, 2020 7:50 PM

Jan 2016
Wow... That was... atrocious.

I'll still watch 2nd season but only because of Ruka and Sumi.
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 26, 2020 7:57 PM
Apr 2016
An enjoyable piece of dump until the very end - albeit would've been way better if every girl bar Chizuru just exploded and never returned. Beta cuck-san made me suffocate from cringe (sorry myself that made a vow to never use this word) every time he came on screen, but Chizuru depolluted his grossness every time fortunately!
Sep 26, 2020 8:34 PM
Nov 2019
Does anyone know when the OST is going to be released?
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.