Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2020 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They kind of went back the roots of the entire franchise, with the ectasy of culinary arts. Souma and Erina had a lot of chemistry in this finale as expected. Hell, I remember the first time they've met and now they, there they are after all this time.

All that foodgasm in this episode LOL. Souma's skills reached everyone! Nice to also see Rindou one more time. The 5+ year Food Wars journey is over, at least the TV animated version.
Sep 25, 2020 8:58 AM

Feb 2018
I'll make you say "delicious" after all, I don't like this ending, surprised it might be appropriate to reveal what happened in the last episode.

Is there any information about ova or something? I'm still bothered by this ending.
Sep 25, 2020 9:00 AM

Aug 2017
I don't feel much fond of the series cuz I started watching it this year since January including all OVA but the anime as whole was just wasted potential in several arcs even early. It works better if you want encourage people to cook but not in the writing so much, its good but went to bad after the first two seasons making a comeback in the last season especially the finale. Season 4 was the worst season -a disaster in epic proportions-, while I agree that this season has some pacing issues, its not close to season 4 pacing. Anyway, SnS was never a masterpiece in the first place, just like I said when i was commenting in several episodes of Season 1, they should have avoided making Souma a prodigy from the start and you could have a good series with tension. Stagiaire Arc was the only arc that I could feel how Souma improved as a character, the rest were just Souma being OP or winning for plot reasons. I'm grateful that the conflict with Asahi started and ended in the same season because Azami's plans were so stupid and they dragged on for a long time -and ending in the worst possible way!

Fortunately, I liked the ending and it closes well. Pacing issues was always a problem since season 1 so I'm not surprised at this point. 7/10 for the anime.

Final scores:

-Season 1: 6/10 (OVA: 6/10)
-Season 2: 7/10 (OVA: 6/10)
-Season 3: 4/10 (OVA: 6/10)
-Season 3 (Totsuki Train Arc): 2/10
-Season 4: 1/10
-Season 5: 7/10

Final score: 4.5 → 5/10
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 25, 2020 9:02 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I feel really disappointed in this series overall, I liked it way more at the start compared to now.
Sep 25, 2020 9:20 AM

Nov 2018
Wtf with originial ending scene ??
Where is the wedding scene ?? No ErinaxSouma ??

Ok iam going to sleep .....
EreshchanSep 25, 2020 9:23 AM
Sep 25, 2020 9:22 AM
Oct 2019
RIP Shokugeki no Souma i mean Shokugeki no Nakiri
Sep 25, 2020 9:26 AM

Oct 2017
Thank god they didn't do that forcing ship (cofcofweddingcofcof) in the end thanks JC.Staff :D but yeah they did not adopt the le ~ dessert manga in the ending a bit sad :((.I want to see everything about Souma's mother completely at least It was a pleasure to see the best milf of the series Alice's mother in the end :D.I don't know if to give a 4 or 5 to this season it's the worst of all for me mmmmm
RamTrinity98Sep 25, 2020 9:47 AM
Sep 25, 2020 9:28 AM

Oct 2017
Hahaha Erina's always gonna be the tsun tsun and never admit she likes Soma and his dish.

Well they changed the ending a bit and made into an anime original end and tbh I like this version better cause they are still in the high school when this happens.

Erina finally admits her feelings for Soma. "Before I realised it your dishes and you...became what my heart longed for." Now I wish she actually said that to him instead of thinking it in her mind.

Even at the finale Soma made a disgusting dish XD and he even made everyone taste it.

Whew this was a long journey and with this it finally came to and end. The first few seasons were masterpieces and sure the quality dropped in the final arc but still this was better than a shit ton of typical shounen animes out there.

I'm definitely gonna miss this anime like I miss the manga of this. Shokugeki no Soma always will be one of my fav anime and manga.

Sayonara~
MegamiRemSep 25, 2020 9:35 PM
Sep 25, 2020 9:29 AM

Nov 2016
Got me more in the feels than expected ;_; but I'm kinda disappointed that the first opening wasn't played or that we didn't get much of the three extra chapters.

And well, even with the last arc being what it was and the overall decline of the series(yeah first two seasons were indeed peak)

Still one of my favorite Shounen Jump series from the 2010's along with Kuroko no Basket and Haikyuu. Primarily because of the huge cast of characters and the fact that I enjoyed all of them or almost all of them. That aspect was especially prominent during the beginning when minor characters got to shine as well. Of course I also loved the hilariousness of the foodgasm, the science behind the dishes and ingredients and the epicness during the Shokugeki's. Had even some pretty touching moments every from time to time. It was overall a very nice package and I'm glad this series was also one of the few that sensitized me to slice of life and that it reaffirmed the idea you don't need always something conventionally epic to get hyped.

Oagari yo/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 25, 2020 9:33 AM

May 2009
Exactly same garbage ending as manga minus any timeskip scenes, only photo that was final tanpkobon cover. I fucking hate so much this Erina's haircut and next one was even worse.
bastek66Sep 25, 2020 9:40 AM
Sep 25, 2020 9:47 AM
Sep 25, 2020 10:00 AM

Sep 2020
A bit disappointed in this episode, felt kinda rushed with a lot of events happening really fast. It could have been interesting to see how Nakiri won the contest, and maybe because it was the last episode of this anime, if she had finally said his food was excellent.
Sep 25, 2020 10:02 AM

May 2016
ok guys let just pretend that this season isn't exsit and the season four is the end of this anime and the problem solved
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2020 10:08 AM

Jan 2020
Best comedic series ever hahaha
4/10
Sep 25, 2020 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
Man at least Nakiri was true to her feelings.

I enjoyed this season, hoping for an OVA after story or something.
Sep 25, 2020 10:10 AM

Jan 2014
I'm gonna miss this show so much honestly. Unless they make a special OVA or movie of some kind, but it's been a fun ride, and been fun from start to finish.
Sep 25, 2020 10:12 AM
Sep 2019
The legend is done. Glad you like it!
Sep 25, 2020 10:13 AM

Dec 2015
Season overall was weaker because of the whole Noir and Blue thing. They could have come with better elements to make this final season.
The ending itself wasn't as bad as some people claim to be, but it definitely is lacking. 6/10. So far, it has the best OST of this year, but that's the only big praise I can give
Sep 25, 2020 10:13 AM

Feb 2010
Finally it completed

totally underwhelming arc as the final of overall series, i only like the first and second season, third and fourth are ok, this one is super meh, nothing changed from manga either.

5/10

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Sep 25, 2020 10:17 AM

Apr 2014
As much there was a lot of issues for this season. I think the ending was a fine one for me. There was a lot to actually cover since in the manga it showed a lot more detail. But I will take on what I will get. Despite the issues this series had. I still had fun and enjoyment of it. This season was a 5-6/10 for me. Overall this entire anime series got at least a 6-7/10 at most.
Sep 25, 2020 10:22 AM

Jan 2016
Okay, can I cry now?

Yes, this season was a "little bit" rushed but I still enjoyed it because it's the "Shokugeki no Souma" I know.

I haven't read the manga so I don't know the manga ending but I actually found the anime ending quite good, I think the ending fits the anime series, it shows what this show is all about: Friends & Delicious Food!

I'll never forget this series, it's one of my favorites!

10/10
Sep 25, 2020 10:22 AM

Feb 2019
So now that it’s over after 13 episodes, I still can’t say that this season ever got as bad to me as people made it out to be. Yes, there were obvious quality issues and we’ve seen a decline since season 1, but I’m so invested in the characters and the series that I don’t really care about that. The shokugeki’s felt rushed at times, but again I was able to overlook it.

This episode wasn’t great, but it was a solid conclusion and I definitely cried when the first op was playing in the background. I’m really happy for Asahi that he got his closure and family. I’m also really happy for all the elite 10, feels like we’ve grown up with all of them. Yes, it would’ve been nice to get more with Erina and Soma, but romance has never been the main point of the show. She also shows her development by admitting she wants him and his dishes. overall I liked this season.
Sep 25, 2020 10:23 AM

Jul 2020
What the hell just happened... Also, where do I continue on from the manga? Or was that the entire thing?
Sep 25, 2020 10:24 AM

Aug 2013
Well, Food Wars has finally come to an end. This season was the weakest imo but I still enjoyed it.

I would have loved to see how Erina actually won the whole thing and the episode itself was rushed. Still, it was an enjoyable episode.

Sep 25, 2020 10:29 AM
Sep 2015
It's the end but I still don't like Soma's cocky attitude, I just like his cock.
Sep 25, 2020 10:29 AM

Feb 2016
Even though the conclusion was not what many people would like I'm happy to see this long anime series properly ending.

I'll remember this series as one of those I really enjoyed. It had it's bad parts but I'm satisfied by the way it ended.
Sep 25, 2020 10:31 AM
Jan 2018
Well the ending was questionable. Didn't like it very much, didn't hate it very much. I feel if they added just a few more scenes just showing the life after, it would have been more complete. Fingers crossed (hehe fucking crossed knives HATED that shit) that there's gonna be an OVA.

But despite the ending it was a good 5 year journey, and I'm gonna miss Souma and the gang.

Also I have to say this, the anime managed to make it more bearable than the manga.
biscuitwiresSep 25, 2020 10:34 AM
Sep 25, 2020 10:32 AM
Jan 2018
Bloomberry said:
What the hell just happened... Also, where do I continue on from the manga? Or was that the entire thing?

Nope that was it. The manga had a bit of a different ending though.
Sep 25, 2020 10:33 AM

Jul 2020
Damn I really wanted this series to end in a high note but this season has been a disappointment for me.

In the finale, I just wanted to hear Nakiri say the magic word to Yukihira as payoff. A simple -

"It was delicious".

Would've felt nice.

But regardless, I enjoyed the journey as a whole. Shokugeki no Souma is really one of the most unique shounens out there and one of the few Ecchi titles that I genuinely had a blast with. I'm really gonna miss this one.

This season, 6/10.
The whole series, 7.5/10.
krukroooSep 25, 2020 10:39 AM

I accept random friend requests!
Apr 2018
Even though yes it was rushed and details were skipped still decent episode to end of another series after years of waiting, Souma again doing what he does at the end with his experimentation and strive to keep on improving and everyone coming together at the diner for some nostalgia.

I just wanted once for Erina to say "Its delicious" but ahh well nvm, souma has a lifetime with her to make her say that. But at least my ship sailed somewhat xD
So i am happy seeing these two with their conversations and Erina finally opening up about Souma. <3

Ending could have been better with proper story line & plot yes but i am gonna take it anyways,this was one of my favorites since the start and this series had some really good stuff that i enjoyed and i will remember. Hopefully maybe we will get a OVA to wrap things up properly? Anyways Thank you shokugeki for the entertainment :)
Jun 2020
As much as I didn't like this season from its weird pacing to under utilised characters. I absolutely enjoyed this ending even though many parts were rushed through. This has been a wild ride. Goodbye, Shokugeki no Soma!
Sep 25, 2020 10:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A happy ending hmmm that's not a bad choice I guess, well overall it was fine but compared to how great were the previous seasons that's a pity :/ + all the stuff like cooking with chainsaw or dynamite were just stupid.
6/10
Sep 25, 2020 10:35 AM

Mar 2018
Well what do you know? This episode was also rushed and an extremely underwhelming way to end the show. Everything was so cheesy as well cause of course it had to be the happiest ending ever and everyone had to be there. Except Mayumi (brown-haired girl who had a crush on Souma) she wasn't invited like all the others. It was a painful journey but I will miss it. I enjoyed it a lot back in the day and it's sad that it had to end this way.
Sep 25, 2020 10:37 AM

Aug 2019
Man despite disliking this arc right from the get go (bad remembrances from the manga unfortunately), I couldn't help but feel a bit sad/nostalgic watching this last episode. Food Wars will always have a special place in my heart and I can't say I hated this last episode.

That being said, after holding out hope this entire season that we would get a (drastically) different ending than the manga, the ending is truly suffering for all us Erina x Soma fans. I mean come on, the best thing we have now is "Tadaima" and "Okaerinasai". Also, the "my heart longed for you" quote was pretty adorable ngl.

QQ Although I did enjoy how they elaborated on the rest of the casts actions during the BLUE, I wish they cut out that time to make the ending a bit more fulfilling.

With that being said, what a ride this show has been.
Sep 25, 2020 10:39 AM

Apr 2020
I liked the series but the ending was lacking..
Yukihira defeated Asahi but lost to Erina?
What is this Pokemon where Ash lost to Alain??
XD
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Slice of Life is all we need!
Sep 25, 2020 10:41 AM

Aug 2019
FMmatron said:
Got me more in the feels than expected ;_; but I'm kinda disappointed that the first opening wasn't played or that we didn't get much of the three extra chapters.

And well, even with the last arc being what it was and the overall decline of the series(yeah first two seasons were indeed peak)

Still one of my favorite Shounen Jump series from the 2010's along with Kuroko no Basket and Haikyuu. Primarily because of the huge cast of characters and the fact that I enjoyed all of them or almost all of them. That aspect was especially prominent during the beginning when minor characters got to shine as well. Of course I also loved the hilariousness of the foodgasm, the science behind the dishes and ingredients and the epicness during the Shokugeki's. Had even some pretty touching moments every from time to time. It was overall a very nice package and I'm glad this series was also one of the few that sensitized me to slice of life and that it reaffirmed the idea you don't need always something conventionally epic to get hyped.

Oagari yo/10

I'm sure with that Rindo avatar of yours you must have been quite happy to see her make a cameo in this episode. I was honestly expecting them to cut her out completely but they didn't surprisingly.
Sep 25, 2020 10:53 AM

Jan 2012
Very disappointed in this last episode and overall season...
This was so completely rushed...
So they stopped Noir's smuggling with the power of food... yes sure...
Eh surprised Nakiri dad is suddenly feeling guilty for leaving a kid behind. Did he know????
This ending is just so incredibly cheesy...
Sep 25, 2020 10:53 AM
Jun 2020
the best way to do here is to pretend that season 4 is the last season and pretend too that season 5 episode 13 is just an OVA or an fanservice
Sep 25, 2020 10:54 AM

Oct 2018
what a journey my friend it's been 5 years of foodgasm.

gotta give the credits to the author & staff that made this modified ending
Love how they put important scenes to side-character so far in the anime which is has been lacking in the manga
and also making Erina finally realize that she's truly love Soma

now I'm expecting some epilogue OVAs to truly admit their relationship.

9.1/10 Episode
7.2/10 This season
Sep 25, 2020 10:57 AM

Jul 2017
in short Yukihira Soma:

- only got the 1st seat because Nakiri got a different promotion
- flashbacks show he hardly managed to defeat any of the previous Elite 10 in shokugeki's
- sludged through the Blue rounds and only felt like he progressed because he had protagonist powers
- didn't win BLUE despite preparing an omega kek dish
- didn't even manage to make Nakiri say it was delicious in the end
- Didn't manage to beat his dad in a battle

like wtf?

Otherwise it wasn't as bad as I thought, though I am salty that Soma himself didn't really get the worthwhile sendoff after all those years :/

They couldn't even pair Nakiri and Soma at the end lmao despite Nakiri clearly horny for that Yukihira Diner

Regardless though, it's nice to see this series come to a complete stop as of now, definitely has been a wild ride.

Rest in Peace all the torn clothes/10
Short_CircutSep 25, 2020 11:01 AM
Sep 25, 2020 11:01 AM

Jul 2013
And it is done.

Really don't know what to say about this last episode. In general, this arc has been a trainwreck from beginning to end even if it had some small good moments here and there, with the plot once again centering in Erina's family, rushed pacing, characters that only appeared to get stomped by Asahi, the foodgasms lost their charm, and the whole Noir stuff that was way too ridiculous even for this series, but I admit I don't dislike the ending. Everyone has a happy ending, Erina in her own tsundere way finally accepted Souma (and Souma in his own way won BLUE by fixing the relationship of Erina and her mother) and even best girl Rindou got to appear at the end. The only plot point I think wasn't concluded properly is the part of Souma beating his dad in a shokugeki, but at that point it was moot due the whole thing with Asahi.

I have been following this series since 2015 and I'm sad to see it never recovered from the solid first season, with each sequel being less and less exciting, culminating with this disastrous last arc. I'm a bit conflicted since I enjoyed the show and it pains me seeing it reduced to criminal chefs cooking with chainsaws and Naruto techniques, but I'm glad at last it got a relatively... okayish ending after everything that happened in this 5th season.

Farewell, Shokugeki no Souma, it was good while it lasted. You could have been a great, fun show, but you will probably be remembered as that cooking show that ended jumping the shark in unimaginable ways.
Bye, bye...
Sep 25, 2020 11:05 AM
Jan 2017
When i thought it couldnt be any bad,, well how wrong was i... Easily the worst season, All the characters managed to annoy me except Souma...half of the episode is about the fcking noirs again..who the fuck needs that..This truly has been a disaster conslusion..
2/10
Sep 25, 2020 11:06 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
God, it really is over...

I'm so glad that the anime creators took their time to end on a nice note and, as a result, the second half of the episode was just .. sweet and wholesome.

I'm not sure what the whole advanced Gifting was about but I know it's serious if the castle got disrobed too xD. Did Erina manage to destroy the town next?

I knew it was coming but the whole Asahi being Erina's step-brother is pretty ridiculous after all. To be honest, I wanted the anime to cut that out no matter what but they made it funny so whatever I suppose.

Finally, we find out the truth behind the absence of the others. Seriously, this season went down the moment the creators decided to put them away, I feel. Such a wonderful and strong cast, why do this?! Good to finally see Rindou-sempai back! Oh, how have I missed her. I see Megishima-senpai is just as considerate as ever to her. Conflicted between who I should ship her with, honestly.

And hey, we got to talk about Erina, to finish things off with. I'm sure the "Shokugeki no Erina" will not be foreign to all watchers now lol but this really did feel like a finale more so catered to her than Souma's. Not saying I dislike it immediately as a consequence however since we did get a fair bit of Souma being Souma after all. Seriously though, that *poof* and "See you all after training" was the lol moment of this S5 for me, classic Yukihira.

Erina waiting for Souma's return anxiously though, how adorable is that. Him replying back with the grotesque dish, I'm done xD. Yukihira in the flesh for you, right there. O-wagariyo!

A little surprised that they didn't bring back the 1st Op here, I guess that has been reserved for S4 E11 for good and I can't complain about it.

All in all, it's clearly been an underwhelming finish but after this episode, I got to up one ante. So weak to this, I'm lol. As such, a considerate 5/10 from here but a very, very generous 9/10 for the whole series (Solid 8/10 in all seriousness). Shinomiya-senpai and Hinako-senpai interactions from Season 1 and tad bit from Season 2 though, we seriously needed more of this ;-; My OTP from the series.

Excuse me while I go tune in to what initially paved my way into the franchise. I'm going to missing this series for the longest time, for sure!

It's been some year for me but Shokugeki no Souma definitely kept me good company. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the people who worked hard to make this a reality and Goodbye to Shokugeki no Souma.

Painful weekend it's been so far with the conclusions of Oregairu and Shokugeki no Souma...
_MushiRock11_Sep 25, 2020 11:42 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 25, 2020 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:

they did use the piano version of the first OP
Sep 25, 2020 11:11 AM

Nov 2016
pandaeatboo said:
FMmatron said:

Oagari yo/10

I'm sure with that Rindo avatar of yours you must have been quite happy to see her make a cameo in this episode. I was honestly expecting them to cut her out completely but they didn't surprisingly.

Considering that most characters were featured, me fanboying would've been awkward xD

Here's me hoping that she epilogue chapters come out as an OVA, but still props to J.C. Staff for making the best out (- some minor gripes) of this conclusion.

@_NTx

Yeah, but that was kinda lacking without the lyrics and it didn't sound right(not enough energy) :/ Just compare it with the final Oregairu episode yesterday, now that was perfect.
FMmatronSep 25, 2020 11:53 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 25, 2020 11:12 AM
Jan 2017
sooo no love confession .. interesting i thought they would put some romance in the final episode but clearly i was wrong
Sep 25, 2020 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
I was expecting the first opening to play in the last scene, still good tho. Really loved the series. But kinda disappointed there’s no wedding scene or confession. That was the ending that I was hoping for. Phew that was really a tough journey for Yukihira :), I hope there’s more OVAs/Specials I still want to see the characters.
Sep 25, 2020 11:16 AM
Mar 2015
Although this might not be the best season, I truly enjoyed the whole series, whether its being too predictable or rushed, dont really care as long as I had good time <3. 8.5/10
Sep 25, 2020 11:25 AM

Apr 2015
To be honest, despite disliking most of this season, mainly due to Noir and their ridiculous ways of cooking and Asahi, I am sad Shokugeki no Souma is over.

I do have to say that, the ending was a lot better than I had imagined at first. I love how everyone atleast got a bit screentime in this finale. It was wrapped up pretty nicely, but seen how the season started, I can be satisfied with this ending.

The feels near the end, really made it sink in that it's over. I do love that little confession from Erina at the end, eventhough it was a monologue. So I guess the rest will never know with how it ends.

Overall, still one of my all-time favorite franchises despite the decline in quality story in the later seasons. This season is unfortunately a very generous 6/10, but the series overall still a 9/10 in my heart. Also, Megumi will always be best girl!

I will miss you Shokugeki no Souma! T_T
CeddyyBearrSep 25, 2020 11:30 AM
Sep 25, 2020 11:35 AM
Nov 2017
Ending was okay. Some things were rushed, but I did like how Erina comes to accept that she does like Soma and his cooking. I just wish there would have been more romance towards the end.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

74 by phantom346 »»
Jan 10, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

168 by emptycamz »»
Nov 21, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

82 by aod-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 3:26 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

72 by aod-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:55 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

71 by aod-kun »»
Nov 8, 2023 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.