Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Jan 20, 2021 10:17 AM

Jan 2016
Wataru ruined the story with harem twist. he did Yui dirty and downplayed her character to the extent that she bacame "spare" in this harem story.
There was no need that he waste five years to make such a clichéd ending
Feb 3, 2021 7:25 PM

Dec 2012
It was good but the whole season felt... like a sham. Not really satisfied but it's good enough. Give Gahama some closure at least.. unless there is the harem route which i 99% doubt but I guess that's why they cliffhang like this.
Feb 6, 2021 9:42 PM

Jun 2013
Well that was a decent conclusion but it wasn't an impactful one and was very predictable. The romantic implications were there since the first season but I was hoping to get surprised. I guess this season was more about getting Hachiman and Yukino to face their feelings. But I just don't get purpose a prom in the last episode. I would've preferred something simple and meaningful.

Honestly I felt more bad for Yui than happy for Yukino. But I was glad to see that Yui at least had more importance in this season than the previous ones where she was just a third wheel. Personally I think Yui is a better choice for Hachiman given her personality is the opposite of Hachiman. This would compliment their relationship and make it interesting and fun. And since she is proactive and easygoing she can have communicate more naturally and gradually bring Hachiman out of his shell. Yukino is also good and decisive but her personality is quite similar to Hachiman and this often makes things more awkward between them. But she seems to open up more in this season.

But despite everything it was enjoyable show.
Feb 21, 2021 11:27 PM

Jan 2020
Damn, Shizuka sure is desperate

Lol, isn't it a bit too late to say "I love you" ?

"The end is the beginning", huh? Well that might be true in this case.

I think this series could use a better closure like ending it on a graduation instead of leaving it hanging on the last year on that high school.
Feb 28, 2021 11:03 AM

Jan 2015
Finally the cringe is over. This season was even worse than 2nd. The only season I found it decent was the first. Pointless drama every episode.
Mar 1, 2021 8:52 PM

Jul 2010
I like the ending lol but I enjoyed the first 2 seasons a lot more than season 3. Cool to see Hachiman and Yukino finally end up together yerp.
Mar 5, 2021 9:15 PM
Feb 2021
Will this film have ss4
Mar 12, 2021 11:23 AM

Feb 2010
I'm satisfied, Yui's war declaration was the topping.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Mar 22, 2021 8:59 PM
Mar 2020
8man x yui was more developed than yukino who was overall awkward , i can relate to hachiman mentality he has some logic in his mindset but yukino was just weird easily influenced trying to look tough even if she isn't giving up what she hold dear just to not be helped finishing relationship by whim, it was bad choice to make yui a scapegoat who was the mature, cheerful , the one who made the most sacrifice
In an objective view i don't think yukino is more lovable than yui , but they went with the logic of we are just awkward person bad at communicating so let's love each other ... senseless concept
Mar 26, 2021 6:33 AM

Jun 2020
A heartwarming episode to say the least

you all saw how cute Yukino in the episode so I'm not gonna oversaturate that but still, that's one of the most notable scenes in the episode

this show really has grown on me tbh and I'm gonna miss it and the memories it gave me I hope It's the same for you

Let's go 8man Yukino told you that she loves you and I was so hyped for that and showed her feminine side <3

Definitely Enjoyed Oregairu, I'll miss this
KanezushiMar 31, 2021 3:31 AM
Mar 29, 2021 3:50 AM
Feb 2020
Minonine said:
8man x yui was more developed than yukino who was overall awkward , i can relate to hachiman mentality he has some logic in his mindset but yukino was just weird easily influenced trying to look tough even if she isn't giving up what she hold dear just to not be helped finishing relationship by whim, it was bad choice to make yui a scapegoat who was the mature, cheerful , the one who made the most sacrifice
In an objective view i don't think yukino is more lovable than yui , but they went with the logic of we are just awkward person bad at communicating so let's love each other ... senseless concept

hachiman yui is more developed? when??,where?? show me 1 pic showing hachiman looking at yui like he "love" her,theres nothing like that,when its clear "why he want to stay at that club and want to keep club exist",yeah u know the reason,the reason he finally man up,ready to finally "hurt" other to be with the girl he love the most,yeah that girl is yukino.

sacrifice?? yui said "i want everything,idc about ur genuine,i dont want that",meanwhile yukino "grant yui wish(even though she will once again lose the person that important to her)" who is again make the "sacrifice" here??

like shizuka sensei said,season 2,hachiman finally ready to "get hurt" by opening himself,season 3 he finally ready to "hurt" other by finally man up to be with the girl he love,the "genuine" that he always want and that genuine is definitely not yui.
Mar 29, 2021 10:21 AM
Mar 2020
zerokarasu said:
Minonine said:

hachiman yui is more developed? when??,where?? show me 1 pic showing hachiman looking at yui like he "love" her,theres nothing like that,when its clear "why he want to stay at that club and want to keep club exist",yeah u know the reason,the reason he finally man up,ready to finally "hurt" other to be with the girl he love the most,yeah that girl is yukino.

sacrifice?? yui said "i want everything,idc about ur genuine,i dont want that",meanwhile yukino "grant yui wish(even though she will once again lose the person that important to her)" who is again make the "sacrifice" here??

like shizuka sensei said,season 2,hachiman finally ready to "get hurt" by opening himself,season 3 he finally ready to "hurt" other by finally man up to be with the girl he love,the "genuine" that he always want and that genuine is definitely not yui.

Ok i hope it will be an objective conversation
So let's start with why hadhixyui was more developed
First of all the last season was undoubtedly hashixyui , yukino appearance was rare until the last two episode.
Hashiman wasn't in love with yukino and what prove that is he never mentioned anything about dating or love to yukino all he wanted was not to lost his relationship with her , as they are introvert people, it will be mostly impossible to return to what they was once they split up.
And as someone said above hashiman was ready to date anyone , so that's yui sacrifice, she never confessed to him and let him go to yukino and said if he wants to hear her wish it will be on the condition of his relationship with yukino ended to not let her feel that pain she felt , and to not lose her as a friend if she will keep on the click
Mar 29, 2021 6:46 PM
Feb 2020
Minonine said:
zerokarasu said:

Ok i hope it will be an objective conversation
So let's start with why hadhixyui was more developed
First of all the last season was undoubtedly hashixyui , yukino appearance was rare until the last two episode.
Hashiman wasn't in love with yukino and what prove that is he never mentioned anything about dating or love to yukino all he wanted was not to lost his relationship with her , as they are introvert people, it will be mostly impossible to return to what they was once they split up.
And as someone said above hashiman was ready to date anyone , so that's yui sacrifice, she never confessed to him and let him go to yukino and said if he wants to hear her wish it will be on the condition of his relationship with yukino ended to not let her feel that pain she felt , and to not lose her as a friend if she will keep on the click

hachiman wasnt in love with yukino?? you sure? go rewatch from s1,focus on hachiman and yukino,forget about ur "yui bias" then u will see it,hachiman find yukino "similar" and interested with her,so he want to be her "friend" but ofc with their classic friendly banter yukino respond "sorry i cant be ur friend" but dont lie to me,u know exactly what yukino "real answer/feeling" there right??.

then hachiman sacrifice his social life,again for yukino while confronting sagami,yukino realise it,thats why she show her appreciation,ofc its not right in your face like what yui showing her feeling,hachiman KNEW YUI LOVE HIM,but HE REJECT HER MANY TIMES.
1.the fireworks
2.s2 when yui want to force the relationship and make yukino give up,then hachiman straight up reject it.
3.s3 when hachiman finally man up,be honest with himself and ready to "hurt" his friend yui that he love yukino NOT HER.and he make it SO CLEAR that he said this to yui "YOU DONT HAVE TO WAIT FOR ME YUI"<<this mean im not gonna be with yui because i never love u like how i love yukino.

yukino is the same as hachiman,but like hachiman and the show itself,LOVE/ROMANCE/DATING IS NOT THEIR MAIN PRIORITY,they have their own "problem" they had to deal with,yukino have her own which she want to deal with her flaw and her family,but does she still love hachiman?? ofc she is,but she doesnt want to lose her only close friend which is yui(remember why haruno hate yui and confront her at the fireworks about being yukino "friend" and saying "yukino lost again huh??).

if hachiman is other guy,yukino is losing again,but no,hachiman is hachiman,he love yukino not yui,he doesnt care,he doesnt want "FAKE LOVE/RELATIONSHIP",yui confessed to hachiman? he will reject her like hayama reject iroha,yeah,both hayama and hachiman DONT WANT and NEVER WILL date a girl that they dont like.thats just the kind of person they are.

thats why from start i already saying that this isnt really a "love triangle" because yui was never "in the game" she never has any chance if she go for hachiman.
this show is showing their fake
1.hachiman never a "lone wolf" he forced to be a loner,not because he want to,and he is a hypocrite,he want nothing more than friends and love but he want THE GENUINE ONE.
2.yui was never a "good girl" she is selfish thats why they showing this clearly even yui herself said it that she want everything and she really mean it
3.yukino is not a strong girl,she look like the unbreakable cold ice queen that really ready to "CHANGE THE WORLD" but no,she has the dream for that,but she is not that strong,she cant even face her own mother and be herself,thats why the entire prom in s3 is really important for her and hachiman,for her that prom is the way she showing her independency from her family while hachiman the prom is something that let him connected to yukino and give him the chance to showing his true feeling and finally confessed to yukino.
zerokarasuMar 29, 2021 6:55 PM
Apr 3, 2021 3:05 AM
Oct 2020
AND THUS THE STORY ENDS WITH THE WAIFU WARS RAGING ON FOR ALL ETERNITY
let's be honest, 8man is just gonna get a pseudo-harem from this point lol
Apr 21, 2021 11:16 PM
Feb 2020
All i have to say is extreme happy noises:))
Apr 27, 2021 5:35 AM
Mar 2020
edeniz1506 said:
Minonine said:
Agree 100%, thats why I feel empty after watching this. They dedicate almost every episode to Yui and 8man’s relationship, when it all feels pointless and kinda sad in the end

Finally someone who felt like me
Yes, as the main couple gettin together wasn't convincing , and yui shedding tears mostly every episode it left me with a big hole in my heart
Apr 28, 2021 12:29 PM

Jul 2019
Minonine said:
edeniz1506 said:
Agree 100%, thats why I feel empty after watching this. They dedicate almost every episode to Yui and 8man’s relationship, when it all feels pointless and kinda sad in the end

Finally someone who felt like me
Yes, as the main couple gettin together wasn't convincing , and yui shedding tears mostly every episode it left me with a big hole in my heart

I think the best way to understand Yukino is to re-watch the entire series. For me, it helped me to understand Yukino's character after many years of gap between the seasons.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 28, 2021 5:09 PM

Dec 2012
This was definitely the big pay off for last episode's round-a-bout confession. Hikki x Yukino moments at the start were so awkwardly adorable. Of course, Yukino's straightforward confession was a delightful ambush on the 8man as well. Sometimes those simple words can perfectly convey one's feelings once the groundwork has been laid to understand what goes into a simple "I love you."

The ending is quite clever, as Yui is taking her heartbreak and using it as a premise to find something genuine of her own with the reestablished service club. Only instead of being a member aka the third wheel, she's going to take a seemingly unsolvable problem and task Hikki & Yukino with dealing with it alongside her for the rest of their high school days. Indeed, Yui is greedy and wants it all (and I love her for it!).

Oregairu is certainly one of those titles that I'll be revisiting again someday to better appreciate. The first season leads in as a snarky, cynical deconstruction of rom-com. As time goes on, however, Hachiman goes from a skeptic to an active participant in this comedy of errors known as high school life. I like how it gradually began to deconstruct all of 8man's various disillusions with adolescence and that ultimately, this became about him coming to terms with his own role within it. It has also been refreshing to see how characters who would normally be set up as adversaries for the outcast MC (Hayama, Yumiko, etc) were given nuance such that there was no animosity towards them. The high school hierarchy was still in play, but it was never a major focus and kept things on point where it really mattered.

Looking back, it's kind of funny how what I once considered 8man's words of wisdom were largely misanthropic views that he grew out of. He never lost that cynical charm, but he matured greatly and I feel like that made him a far more fascinating personality to study.

8.5/10
Apr 30, 2021 5:40 AM

Nov 2016
also part of the nay sayers here, this season felt too long drawn out. from a more neutral perspective, i highly doubt high schoolers can overthink things the way they do. it was a strange twist how the 2nd prom actually came to fruition, but a more simpler ending (IMHO) wouldve been a better choice. they can miraculously make 2 proms happen within (IDK how long) quick succession. shouldnt it be time they come out of their shells and try something simple for once?
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
May 5, 2021 1:52 PM

Mar 2021
Y'know idk what I expected of this series. I really liked it, Hachiman's character is my favourite in terms of development and depth (well and every other aspect too) but i thought it would amout to something bigger, or not bigger but- if it was a climax i guess i was expecting more of a literal one, at least a kiss idk.

Well, i liked it a lot, it was like an almost harem but way more subtle and confusing.

Also pls don't hate me but i think hiratsuka sensei was inappropied in every sense of the word with hachiman, she was a good teacher who guided him well, i guess, but hachiman was a 16 year old high schooler and- a lot of things that happend were wrong. i hate to say this but just swap the genders in any escene of them two alone together and you'll see it too.

That's all 8/10
Jun 4, 2021 12:12 AM
Jun 2020
Actually i hate its ending because i become a big yui fan from start so, it made me hate its mc. Now, whenever i hear name "oregairu" i will fall in big depression.

I hate this anime. I hate yukino.

I like to kill hachiman jerk a hundred times
Kiyoya0397Jun 4, 2021 12:18 AM
Jul 2, 2021 10:55 AM

Jan 2021
I loved this series and this season, it felt more of a romcom than the other 2 seasons that felt more like SoL... but goddamn it Yukino wins, and that's why I hate this episode.

I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

Jul 7, 2021 6:09 PM
Mar 2021
To be honest wish they'd dance together as part of the OVA
Jul 15, 2021 10:22 PM
Jul 2018
decent last 2 episodes i guess, rest was still very boring tho so idk...
Jul 19, 2021 6:41 AM

Jul 2010
Perfect ending. This anime made me laugh time to time, it made me depressed for no reason, it made me want to not watch the ending because I knew I would miss it when it ended. I haven't felt this way about an anime since School Rumble.

The weird thing is, when I watched this 3 years ago, I had scored it low for some reason. But I don't remember it at all. Maybe I was not in the mood, maybe I was marathoning some anime and this one was mixed in it.

Although, the anime ended up to be very Hachiman-centric. It became a harem at some point. Also, it is very weird that a romantic comedy anime does not have any couples other than the MCs. Think about it, there is not any couple in this anime. This shows how much of a self-insert it is. I hate that fact, as I don't want to grouped with people who liked this anime because it is a self-insert. I just genuinely loved it.
Aug 3, 2021 9:40 AM
Jun 2020
7 years and now it's finally done
Aug 15, 2021 11:29 AM
Oct 2018
Just got around to watching this entire series. One of the best SOL / HS romance shows ever. I was on the Yui ship, although I pretty much knew from S1 that I was going to lose, but oh well whatever it was still an excellent show.

The 3rd season dragged a bit and it seemed to just be one long "prom arc" that got boring after awhile. But the stong emotional ending of the last few episodes made up for that.

Even though my girl lost, the fact that there was an actual ending with a real winner and loser made it so much better. I don't really watch a lot of HS romance / harem shows because most of the endings are inconclusive, but this one came through big time with a very good end.

Rate it 9/10 because 10/10 means perfect and although it wasn't perfect, it was close.
Sep 5, 2021 12:36 PM

Feb 2020
And now my experience with Oregairu is over. I think I'm gonna miss these little guys.

I'll be honest, like many others, this season disappointed me a bit. Actually, at first I actually really liked it because it didn't seem different from season 2 which I liked a lot, but after a while a problem became clear : it feels like scenes are missing.
And now with this last episode, this problem has been confirmed to me. I am not at all against HachimanxYukino, but I never felt anything romantic between the two, except maybe at the end of season 2. Not only that, but this season widely focused on Yui, yet this last episode made it look like the main point had always been to develop the romance between Hachiman and Yukino. That's not what we've seen. We've only ever seen Yui's fear of losing Hikki and Yukinon, and actually, we never really got to see her work this issue out. At least she seems to be willing to do that now.

I also have other issues, like for example the side characters (aside from Haruno and Haratsuka) barely receiving any focus. It's not that I particularly care about any of them, but they felt completely useless and like random background characters which is something they're technically not supposed to be.
I could also talk about this senior who Hachiman seems to be super attached to and who I actually... Don't remember at all. I can't get emotional over an unknown character leaving. I mean I do recall having seen her before but she never seemed important.

About Hachiman, I've seen criticisms due to him changing too fast and I understand that to some level, but at the same time it wasn't all that bad. In the end he is still the Hachiman I know, even if he's trying to change (which perfectly goes along with her development, he can't stay a loner all his life, especially since he doesn't want it). Sure, some of his reactions felt a bit out-of-character but overall it didn't bother me.

Now, conclusion : I liked this season. Yeah, I did. It still had this Oregairu vibe and the characters who received focus were all interesting and very enjoyable. Besides, I've never been in love with Oregairu like so many are so I couldn't be as disappointed as them. But still, it wasn't as good as it could have been, so I give it a 6/10.
Sep 25, 2021 1:01 PM

Jan 2016
I would rate this anime overall 8.5/10. Was a great watch. Some moments felt a bit unnecessary but the anime had some great moments like this episode. Something I forgot to talk about from last ep: Since when did Haruno have a fiance?

First season was my favorite. The comedy and Hachimann's solutions were amazing
Oct 4, 2021 10:06 PM

Aug 2014
Anime for typical angst teenager.
It's empty, it tries to be deep but doesn't show such thing about being "deep" with Hachiman monologues, overused formula, and Godawful 1 dimensional character that their existence themselves completely exist to help him.

I can't believe myself liking this back then. I was holding for quite a while to avoid the "fun" and to be expected it's kbvious who will win from season 1. Romcom my arse.

Anyway Sensei is the best girl in series. Without her Hachiman is just as human garbage that tries to be deep and does nothing to help the situation until some certain ass character come to help him.
XaelathOct 4, 2021 10:09 PM
Oct 30, 2021 4:02 AM

Mar 2020
that "codependency" shit was annoying af like it's not that deep bruh
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Nov 6, 2021 7:22 PM

Aug 2011
A very controversial anime that left me frustrated, annoyed, confused, yet one I felt was deliriously humorous. I loved the directness of the MC and I enjoyed his journey of maturing and change.

The love triangle was starting to weigh heavily on my nerves, but thanks to side characters Shizuka, Iroha, Komachi and team Hachiman, I was able to endure.

I have to say, I was not expecting the ending, but I'm pleased as hell. From the very beginning, I knew Hachiman had a preference and true to his character, he stuck by her. Even the fact that he even considered granting a wish at her request, that did not reason with him, showed how much he cared. To me, that confirmed where his heart was and now it was up to the author to make good on those feelings. He did not disappoint.
Jan 30, 2022 8:56 AM
Dec 2021
Can't wait to see the OVA
Feb 15, 2022 7:50 AM
Oct 2020
i really felt betrayed hachiman
Feb 15, 2022 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
third season had good Yui moments, it was pretty mid besides that
Feb 15, 2022 3:10 PM

Aug 2013
It's been a while since I binged watched anime but I'm glad to have rewatched this series. Oregairu and Nagi no Asukara are best I've come across so far and I hope to find gems like this in the future.
a biased 10/10.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Feb 24, 2022 5:45 PM

Nov 2010
Aww, adorable moments with Hachiman and Yukino and she finally said "ILY" to him. It irks me that Hachiman hasn't said the same thing towards Yuki. I noticed the same thing in many of the anime shows I've seen. I guess that's just how it is in Japan?

Poor Yui. If Hachiman doesn't want her, I'll take her for myself. hehe

Anyway, this season didn't click with me. There's also no kissing scene and dance between Hachiman and Yukino. I saw Yukino in a dress during the OP, I thought they'd dance then kiss after. 8/10
Feb 27, 2022 4:37 PM

Mar 2019
It hurts. To see it actually end after all those years feels so sad. This last episode was heart-breaking in that all these characters will be gone forever. Loved Hachiman, I feel so bad for Yui and she was so good and, well, Yukino got what she wanted in the end.

This was such a different view on the romance, no annoying love triangle you see everywhere, or the other girl suddenly being in the perfect place at the worst time to see the guy and the other girl kissing or anything like that. Wataru Watari was something else.

OFC THEY PLAYED THE FIRST OPENING AT THE END, AHHHH, it was so nostalgic!! And Shizukaaaaa, those old quotes really made me sad, to think that in the anime, not that much time has really passed but it feels way more. Shizuka's "Sayonara" was honestly such a heart-breaking scene, please don't goooo :'( amazing scene between those 2, really loved their teacher/mother-student/son relationship, she was always there for him.
I really wish they gave more screentime for Shizuka at the end and the same goes for Hayama. He didn't really react in any way or was present at all at the end with everything going down and even after, he never said anything on what happened.

Lol Tobe, asking that question so freely at the sauna. Seeing Iroha Yui and Yukino on that bench, like that gave me nostalgic moments. And then, the next day at the club, I really hope Yui came to apply to the new club. Still would have liked them to be in the student council. They are now in their last year, that also feels sad. I just can't stress enough how bad I feel for Yui, but I really hope everything came back to normal since that's what it gave off at the end with her request.

Goodbye Oregairu, this was truly a journey. I'll miss all the characters so much, even if it wasn't the perfect piece of literature in existence.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 14, 2022 12:04 PM

Sep 2021
Yuigahama deserves better
Mar 25, 2022 3:50 PM

Mar 2021
Ever since they got into a love triangle more or less, I always wanted Yukino and Hiki to end up together.

Mar 28, 2022 9:44 AM
Jan 2018
Very satisfying ending, I would like to see more yukino x hachiman moments but yeah..., feel really sorry for Yui tho.

On a whole series, I give Oregairu a solid 8.5, but I dislike this season prom events, quite boring and not much happening. Still, gonna miss this anime a lot.
Mar 31, 2022 11:31 PM
Jan 2021
Este último ep foi marcante, como a maioria dos finais foi lento e um pouco desesperador já que é o fim de uma obra de artekkk (>~<) |¡_¡|

Achei a cena de declaração da Yukinon Boa de mais pra ser vdd, só faltou um bejo. Ainda não acordei =(

E apesar de sentir sdds da Yukinon sem coração essa Yukinon fofa é top tbm.

☆☆10/10 para ultimo ep, para o final da serie no geral, pros personagens, pra TUDO, só queria q durassy maiss☆☆
Apr 10, 2022 5:28 PM

Jul 2016
Maybe it’s because I don’t get japanese culture, but I never understood this prom drama. Why are are the parents so against it? It doesn’t make sense to me. But whatever, romance was resolved, it’s fine.
Apr 20, 2022 2:56 AM
Oct 2021
WHERE'S THE DAMN OVA
May 1, 2022 4:22 AM
Jul 2018
Chad rrakku who enjoyed 30+ episode anime they think is a masterpiece vs virgin cigare + RPWPA + Xyphnos who wasted time on 30+ episode anime they think are bad.
May 6, 2022 11:54 PM

Nov 2019
Throughout the series, Hachiman's nihilistic, distrusting attitude toward life shifted. I didn't think it was possible, but here we are. I can identify with the old him. Seeing Hachiman's character grow was fantastic. In comparison to other Mc's, he ranks first in terms of the amount of depth he displays. Season 1's monologues were missed throughout the rest of the seasons. The training wheels had to be removed eventually.

Yui's return to the club demonstrates that she is the most emotionally mature in the group. She was definitely the glue that held the group together. Yukino and Hachiman are both low-energy characters, so her function as a contrast was excellent. Yui maintained her character the most.

I always knew it would be Yukino as Hachiman and her both compliment each other in terms of wittiness. Nothing felt forced or overshot as opposed to Yui. Signs of compatibility were ever-present between them, but I can't help but feel sorry for Yui. It disproves the opposites attract theory. Even if he ended up with Yui, I don't think it would change the outcome. The entire fleeting sensation sets in. A fantastic series with fantastic characters.

My personal favourite had to be Sensei- Shizuka. She was Hachiman's guardian angel throughout, and I wonder if he would have made the final play if she hadn't guided him there. She formed the club in the first place marking the beginning of this incredible journey. Shizuka and Haruno represented what would have happened if Hachiman failed to pursue her. A life spent longing for something different, living in uncertainty.

This series will be missed. I loved the realism, characters, atmosphere and the consequences of not wanting to change for the better. It surpasses all the generic rom com anime with the heavy emphasis on the innuendos and the slapstick humor at every turn. I enjoy harems don't get me wrong, but sometimes they overdo tropes.

Dante9231May 7, 2022 4:03 AM
May 28, 2022 2:25 PM

Oct 2013
I FUCKING HATE THIS ANIME

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sorry. Needed to get that out. Might sort out my thoughts & feelings on this later once I've given it some time to settle. Can't remember the last time I had such strong and conflicting feelings about an anime and its ending. Probably this is in part because I've been following this for 7 years now, and throughout that time I've held high regard and attachment to the show and its characters.

When Zoku aired, I remember eagerly anticipating every new episode each week with baited breath, and just loving the ride. Watching it all end with this final season though, rather than facing each episode with anticipation, my primary emotions were that of dread, anxiety and unease.

I appreciate a lot of what was done here, but I equally have my fair share of misgivings with how the rest of this story (at least in this anime form, given I haven't read the LNs) was handled. And not just purely from the exasperated emotional angle of "mY fAvOrItE gIRL DiDn'T WiN!!!1!$*&@($*&(".... (though yes, that sentiment does indeed exist...)

*Sigh*... I don't know man. I need to go take a walk outside and clear my head or some shit. Smh
May 31, 2022 5:13 PM

Jul 2021
I'd say the biggest disappointment of this anime was that Yui was robbed so hard.
Aug 2, 2022 8:41 AM

Apr 2013
I'm still on Team Yui, but Yukino during that date... that was hella cute. I feel like her character developed a bit too fast to be believable this season, but that's fine.

Really felt already like a conclusion of the whole show, wonder what the OVA will be about. Hachiman still best character in anime for me, very relatable though better in everything than I am xD
8/10
Aug 16, 2022 5:17 AM
Apr 2017
would love to see an ova
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

421 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

» Does the light novel continues from where season 3 ends

Alfee_51 - Jul 22, 2021

20 by Tobitwo »»
Mar 30, 12:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.