Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2020 11:11 PM

Mar 2018
The discussion in the beginning of the episode about the dance, mixed in with some classic banter, a few blushing and cute moments, just made me giggle and have a good time. Then the date afterwards, ahh so cute and so nice to watch. Yukinon, after 36 episodes, has finally broken out of her shell and become more assertive and direct.

The event that 8man and co. put on together was a fun get together, and was especially cute with the Irohas and Komachi “argument”. Also, there was a scene where Yui had to look onto the 8man x Yukinon couple and it was a bit sad, but not as sad as Hiratsuka-Sensei’s goodbye. The dance and dialogue, plus the fall, between 8man and Hiratsuka made me feel quite melancholic as she walked away for a final goodbye.

Then the “final” scene, Yukinon’s many flustered faces after she said “ I love you” with Yukitoki in the background is what made me sure I loved not only this episode, but the franchise as a whole. I also like how they gave Yui some closure regarding her feelings and not letting the series end with them still bottled up, very nice.

This entire episode had me grinning and hyped the whole time, and even if you're a Yui fan, we all liked this episode.

People say they expected more from SNAFU, although I can’t see what's wrong, there were heartfelt moments, character bonding and development, the classic comedy, and the cast as a whole really made me enjoy and love this series, just as I expected.

10/10 :)
vF_WackiierFeb 1, 2022 9:12 PM
Sep 24, 2020 11:15 PM
Jul 2018
xsilicon9 said:
So where is Shizuka going?Is she getting married or something?

I'm pretty sure she said she was going to quit after the prom. And if she didn't quit she most likely would've been fired anyways.
Sep 24, 2020 11:23 PM
Nov 2018
saddened this series came to an end.

YUKI SAID ILY
SENSEI BIDS GOODBYE
CLUB RENEWAL
YUI STAYS FRIENDS WITH YUKI
8MAN BLUSHES A LOT
IM GONNA DIE
Sep 24, 2020 11:26 PM

Dec 2017
A lot of people are saying they wanted OVA. I also wanted at least one more OVA episode, but is there any chapter or material they haven't adapted that could be used for an OVA?
Sep 24, 2020 11:30 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Hellooo_Theeree said:
A lot of people are saying they wanted OVA. I also wanted at least one more OVA episode, but is there any chapter or material they haven't adapted that could be used for an OVA?
Alternate ending "ANOTHER", and the upcoming sequel Oregairu Shin.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 24, 2020 11:32 PM

Dec 2017
cchigu said:
Hellooo_Theeree said:

Ooooo I would love to see an alternate ending. But with the upcoming sequel, I thought they already confirmed that Kan is the final season?
Sep 24, 2020 11:34 PM

Sep 2020
I'm still sad Iroha didn't got the win but atleast that brainless Yui didn't got the win. 8/10 for this season

We need a spin-off where Iroha wins
Sep 24, 2020 11:36 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Hellooo_Theeree said:
cchigu said:

Ooooo I would love to see an alternate ending. But with the upcoming sequel, I thought they already confirmed that Kan is the final season?
Yes, Kan is the last TV adaptation of Oregairu. If they were to make an OVA, ANOTHER is a good choice since it can be crammed in about one half an hour episode.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 24, 2020 11:40 PM
Mar 2018
I love the anime but i hate the love triangle endings, why cant these things ever have an ACTUAL happy ending, 2 people get a happy ending while the other part of the triangle just gets a big go fuck yourself, hell even just a hint of someone liking the other girl would be enough.
Sep 24, 2020 11:49 PM
Apr 2020
The last scene with Yui confessing to everyone and Iroha saying just get drunk and get him to cheat on her with you or something. I really hope she was not serious and that Yui is not going to keep trying to get with Hachiman, i just want her to find someone else so she does not get in hachiman's and yukino's way anymore.
Sep 25, 2020 12:02 AM

Aug 2017
Yukino looking pretty cute...but I still wish there were a sensei route. Sensei was totally ready for some hot action, she's a babe.

Iroha had some very nice boyfriend stealing tactics. She's a seductive one, my fav.

Ending was kind of a harem ending I guess? Harem is the natural way of man, the holy grail.

Mod Edit: Removed screenshot(only one per episode discussion)
dipItFooNov 2, 2020 8:30 PM
Sep 25, 2020 12:08 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
melton80 said:
I love the anime but i hate the love triangle endings, why cant these things ever have an ACTUAL happy ending, 2 people get a happy ending while the other part of the triangle just gets a big go fuck yourself, hell even just a hint of someone liking the other girl would be enough.
Suddenly a guy appearing out of nowhere for Yui, without any foreshadowing and buildup is the worst thing Watari could have done.
Sep 25, 2020 12:09 AM

Aug 2017
cchigu said:
Suddenly a guy appearing out of nowhere for Yui, without any foreshadowing and buildup is the worst thing Watari could have done.
Haha! Maybe it could have been the hand waving guy!

Sep 25, 2020 12:12 AM

Apr 2017
probally eps 11 is so sweet, but in this eps is totally over sweet in order when look to 8man and yukino relationship in whole scene of this last eps <3
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Sep 25, 2020 12:22 AM
Sep 2020
The last 3 episodes were real good i think since the prom stuff just keeps repeating and repeating nothing really interesting about work.
Sep 25, 2020 12:37 AM

Jun 2020
his is my first post here on Mal. I'm sorry for my english.

I waited for the end because I really wanted to write a few words about an anime that I loved from the bottom of my heart
Oregairu is in the top 3 of the anime I loved most.
I am sad and happy at the same time, because I would never get tired of their stories.
If I really have to complain about something, I would have liked to have seen more about some characters (some almost completely disappeared) and a season not too focused on prom. I know it would have been too much to ask, and perhaps to force things, but a last case for the club (Yui is not valid :P) would have given me other good emotions.

It's nice to see there are fans for every character. The author was good at giving everyone a minimum space to express themselves.

I've always cheered on Yukino, but seeing Yui cry wasn't easy. She is adorable, impossible not to love her. Unfortunately, a truly happy ending for everyone would not have been possible.

Thanks Oregairu, it was an amazing and special trip.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry but I don't know English very well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sep 25, 2020 1:16 AM

Oct 2013
As I said in my tweet here...

While I certainly get why 8man & Yukino click well and she was the one, I just wanna say that if Domestic Girlfriend's author,Sasuga Kei wrote this, she'd probably make the sensei ship sail, given that Hiratsuka understood 8man best & they saw eye & eye, but it wasn't that kind of story :P

We still got some teasing tho'

Overall though, I'm glad to finally see some solid romance progression in this series, as that's been moving at a snail's pace throughout. Then again, it's a RomCom and tbh my main appeal was seeing 8man deal tackle various problems, so I'm cool on that end.

- A personal beef of mine is that this season badly lacked more Hayama & Hikki interactions.

- Another is the fact that making the prom happen was such a huge thing in this season yet at the end it didn't feel like we got the big "reward" of fully seeing it unfold properly. What I'm saying is, it felt too brief while I was hoping to see lots of dancing & partying, maybe even between 8man & Yukino. Oh well, it is what it is.

And I do hope people won't be getting angry if they were shipping Yui with 8man that she took the L romance wise, as that was a given. Dont' get me wrong, she's a nice girl but her & Hikki just don't click as well on a core-personality level as him & Yukino do. Also, simple images like this from S2 final ep just scream "3rd wheel positioning".

Sep 25, 2020 1:26 AM

Jun 2014
Farabeuf said:
What a ride. It finally comes to an end and boy was it a lot more 'happy' and lighthearted than I expected. Boy are those two cute together.

So much goodness in the finale, Yukino's confession, Yui showing up (as well as the rest of the gang), but the dancing scene with sensei and the heartfelt Sayonara-sensei took the prize for me.

I hope we get an OVA or two after this.

I want an original anime OVA with Saki Saki as the love interest. So much potential there.
Sep 25, 2020 1:35 AM

Apr 2020
TBH I was a frickin Yui fan for the whole Fucking Anime but how she was shown in this season just made my heartbreak. Like OK, Yukinon and Hikki ending together, it was obvious from the start of the show but The author treated Yui as shit in the final Season and Final Volume of the LN. Like she cried and cried the whole Fuckin' Season but still, Oregairu is the best RomCom I have ever watch or read.DAMN
I LOOOOOVE YUIIIIIII
Sep 25, 2020 1:38 AM

Apr 2020
TrumpMD said:
Yukino looking pretty cute...but I still wish there was a sensei route. Sensei was totally ready for some hot action, she's a babe.

Iroha had some very nice boyfriend stealing tactics. She's a seductive one, my fav.

The ending was kind of a harem ending I guess? Harem is the natural way of man, the holy grail.

The Fuck was this Harem Ending You kiddin' me right

Mod Note: Edited quote
dipItFooNov 2, 2020 8:31 PM
Sep 25, 2020 1:49 AM
Jul 2018
Finally My Teen Romantic Comedy Is Wrong As i Expected
Sep 25, 2020 2:25 AM
Oct 2015
Shamalnishi said:
I am huge yui fan and the hachimanxyuki ship was something i feel forced, may be it was because i never read the light novel but come on the entire season had more yuixhachiman screentime it is just as komachi said he found someone how is trashy like him, don't get me wrong i don't hate what we have now but it felt like it was forced
That's why LN readers hate episodes 1-10
Sep 25, 2020 2:25 AM
Jul 2018
Yukino was so adorable this episode. I love her little scenes with Yui. Their friendship is so cute. Yui was my favorite and I'm okay with her not getting with Hachiman. In fact, I never really cared if she got with Hachiman or not. I would have liked her and Yukino to end up together. I was doomed from the start. I've been prepared.

As for the season itself, this was the weakest one for me. The pacing was abysmally slow. I'm typically a person who doesn't do any other kind of activities when I watch animes, so it really said something to me when I got my phone out to play games during some of the scenes. The other two seasons were a 7/10 for me. This season was a 6/10.
Sep 25, 2020 2:30 AM

Aug 2019
Amazing ending finally Yukino confessed to Hachiman and what a godlike season that was, i'll miss this series.
Sep 25, 2020 3:21 AM
Sep 2014
Can't even express how sad and happy I am at the same time...
I hate this feeling it's horrible.
This anime is in my top 10 for sure.
Every part of this episode was good and the more it got closer to the ending the more i felt a weird thing in my chest and the I love you scene made me cry... like omg.

I know it's over but is it sad or dumb to expect more?

We probably won't have an anime of this caliber again or not soon anyway in this genre...
I already miss this show, will have to rewatch it in a few months.
Sep 25, 2020 3:24 AM

Jun 2016
xsilicon9 said:
So where is Shizuka going?Is she getting married or something?

She went to other school

Sep 25, 2020 3:51 AM
Jun 2017
10/10 for the last episode...

That was a very well written and very sweet final episode indeed...

My fave parts are;

• the dance of Sensei and hachiman
• Yukinon's "I love you..."
• searching for location moment of Yukinon and Hachiman
• Yui is now true to her feelings

Overall: 9/10
Sep 25, 2020 4:32 AM
Aug 2017
Love the ending..... Sooo satisfying... Love it!!
Sep 25, 2020 4:32 AM

Jan 2016
I will miss this series a lot.

Honestly I didn't remember much of the Oregairu universe because the second season was 5 years ago but once the final season started I said to myself:
"Ah yes, this is Hikigaya Hachiman and this is his Teen Romantic Comedy".

I love this show, always will love it and remember it!

10/10
Sep 25, 2020 4:45 AM
Oct 2019
I loved it when yukino told Hikigaya that she loved him. I was so happy for them. ❤
Sep 25, 2020 4:49 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I am so late with the train hype, here. But, its okay. This series is so hard to be following up on time. So, here, i am give my short commentary to overring this spectacular drama rom-com with the damn good ending.

Yep, a proper end for both of them. A nice relations between those girls, thanks to the help of my beloved kohai, Irohasu, and my best little girl, Komachi. Ah, you were all just so sweet, ofc as your own way! I hope its just clear some people mind, and for me, its just really suit well with Oregairu standard. Like Hachiman said, his teen romantic comedy live was wrong, as expected, my expected, everybody expected. Its so clear!
Like i said on my quotes below. Maybe i am just too perverted that lead into an impossibility over Oregairu standard, as well as Hachiman fear, or Yukinon shyness. However, i just needed this to refreshen my mind. So, yeah, not much love i might gonna put on this 'climax'. XD
badabass said:

Can i give the score from this episode?
9/10.
If only they had some kiss, i am surely add this series into my 10.
Let see....

Thats it, then!
This is just a perfect, completely. Its solidified everything that went wrong, even they needed Yukino did something crazy, by saying 'Love to Hachiman' just clearly enough to satisfied me together with so much shock. Oh, man, its a same condition with the last dance of sensei. Its might be not enough. But the whole thing was just perfectly match up and its, well, its great!

Nothing more words i can say. So, yeah, congratulations, and thanks for filling up my empty summer end. Its really well deserved series, with how much complexity of it, and more importantly, their youth life surely went into a wrong way. If only, my wish has been granted, it will perfectly matched up on my 10 like any other cheesy rom-com that has an actual romance end. Oh, well, i repeat my sentences again, sorry. XD
Thats it, then. No more heavy drama at every week. Now i am in my lonely mode again....
Lol
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 25, 2020 4:55 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Shamalnishi said:
I am huge yui fan and the hachimanxyuki ship was something i feel forced, may be it was because i never read the light novel but come on the entire season had more yuixhachiman screentime it is just as komachi said he found someone how is trashy like him, don't get me wrong i don't hate what we have now but it felt like it was forced

Its just, the studio, or more importantly, the director, need to bring some justice more for the others character, especially Yui. They needed to satisfied another major people ship. Lol. I think its not a wrong decision, because no way she won over the race, having a little fanservice for her is a fine direction. So, i respect the director decision over these serialization.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

Sep 25, 2020 4:57 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
NotAsura said:

_Michaelangelo_ said:
Man was this season disappointing af. I really didn't mind the ship between Yukino x Hachiman, but what the author did to Yui's character was really a disgrace. She basically confessed her feelings in front of her two best friends which is going to complicate their relationship heading into the future.

i mean thats the main point right? the book called My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected. i think you miss a point here.

You get the point!

Sep 25, 2020 5:10 AM

Jun 2020
It's finally over.
The ending was memorable and I can say that everything ended well.
I will definitely miss Hachiman and his stories, but I can't do anything about it; Everything has an end... 😏

Thanks to the feel. studio and Wataru Watari. 🙏
I give it 9/10.
One of the best anime series in these years.
Goodbye!
nozomi-hdNov 1, 2020 2:02 PM
Sep 25, 2020 5:17 AM

Apr 2020
Well it was an okay episode. I could understand why someone would dislike it. Still I think this season in general is getting too much hate for nothing, I get it it's not the best, but in the grand scale of things it was pretty good.
Sep 25, 2020 5:23 AM
Nov 2017
Best anime ever watched...

Love the confession in the end, make my heart skip a beat.

Hope yui also get a share of hikki.

Rest all was satisfying.

Man it take 7 year, they are still in high school but I graduate from high school and almost completed my college life .

You all can say "Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru" without this anime
Sep 25, 2020 5:25 AM
Apr 2016
Wow that was just perfect. If you look at Hachiman in season 1 his character development is just incredible. Every scene was brilliant in the last two episodes so solid.

Very sad that this series is finished though, I hope we get some extras or something from the writer in the future :(
Sep 25, 2020 5:36 AM
Apr 2020
animejas said:
Oh yeah, I talked about my final thoughts of the season in this forum but not the episode itself. The final episode was good, and seeing Yukino and Hachiman be together was nice. I'm not a fan of the usage of Instagram or really social media to jokes and make it so cringey like how Kaguya-sama does, but just seeing Yukino and Hachiman be awkward with Instagram and taking the right picture to almost celebrate their relationship outside was nice. The other stuff in the episode was good and it felt like it wrapped up the story, and Yukino and Hachiman's journeys nicely.

It's just such a shame the first 10 episodes of this season were so ass. It's like having a great dessert at the end, but that greatness is affected heavily by how poor the appetizer and main was beforehand, in this case being the 10 episodes. Adaptation flaws aside, the first 10 episodes really was by far the worst thing that could have happened to this franchise and it made me even hate it for a while. But at least while I'm really frustrated with the season, I can really treasure the final 2 episodes alone and say adieu to this anime for good. Yukino and Hachiman's confession and actual relationship beyond that saved the show to some degree, from being awful to bad and I rate that.

Wdym to almost celebrate their relationship btw? And i agree first 10 eps i fkn hated but last two were amazing that i couldnt care less about the other 10.
Sep 25, 2020 5:39 AM
Apr 2020
Why is everyone saying that hachiman and yukino are being awkward, I just saw their interactions this episode as cute and shy and did not really see awkwardness in it and Yukino seemed extremely normal to me and like any other happy girl in a relationship and was not awkward while 8man was just being his shy self since he's never been in that situation before but overall their interactions were not awkward in my opinion and they were just the same as their friendly teasing interactions from the previous seasons with romance added to them and love and thought they were cute and not awkward
Sep 25, 2020 5:54 AM
Apr 2020
NotAsura said:
I really enjoy this season man. Its a bittersweet ending but i love it! well i heard there are going to be another sequel? i just don't want this to end tho.

_Michaelangelo_ said:
Man was this season disappointing af. I really didn't mind the ship between Yukino x Hachiman, but what the author did to Yui's character was really a disgrace. She basically confessed her feelings in front of her two best friends which is going to complicate their relationship heading into the future.

i mean thats the main point right? the book called My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected. i think you miss a point here.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.

Wait but don't tell me that Yui is still planning on trying to get with Hachiman and interfere between them, cant she just go find her own man. And I hope that she is not seriously considering what Iroha said about getting him drunk.
Sep 25, 2020 5:57 AM

Jul 2014
Final thoughts since I've watched this since S1 which was the only good season of this pretentious edgy dipshit of a series.
The ending is horsefckingshit, the whole comedy aspect of S1 was nowhere to be seen in S2 and especially S3, they went too far with their teen drama BS.
Ah well. One of the reasons I could only stomach this when S2 started was because Hayami Saori was playing Yukino.
Sep 25, 2020 6:10 AM
Oct 2019
Season 1 - The best one in terms of comedy and very important life lessons about living in a society. It would have been even better if they added more scenes from the light novel and Hachiman's monologues. I am glad it had its continuation, because season 1 alone is a great show, but it truly had a potential, which was revealed in the next season. 9/10
Season 2 - The best one in terms of drama and philosophy about life in general. Such a great masterpiece. Perfectly done. Winter scenery is amazing. The animation is better than in season 1, but some characters ( like Yukinoshita for example ) look a little bit strange in some scenes. All in all this season is and will be my favourite. Even without some scenes from a light novel it's a great masterpiece. Humour is still visible in dialogues and even this clifffhanger scene is perfectly done. 10/10
Season 3 - Weaker than previous two seasons, but still a very good series though. I really wanted to see many scenes from the novel, which were removed from the anime, but luckily these last two episodes were something else and made me smile so many times. I just missed the comedy in the dialogues, but this season was supposed to be a difficult romance with a mix of drama. I was so glad to see Yukino and Hikigaya together, but I really wanted to see much more of their date scene. Anyway, the finale wasn't the cliffhanger, so at least we had a nice farewell with the charactes. Do we get a movie or even season 4? I highly doubt it, but who knows. 8/10
In general I rate this whole show as 9/10. My top 3 anime for sure.
Sep 25, 2020 6:47 AM

Sep 2017
The great merit of this 3 seasons has been to make me follow a genre that I generally hate.
We will hardly see such a well-characterized protagonist, and I believe that the "hachiman stereotype" will be born in a few years.
Big thanks to the author of the novel, I will follow his new work with interest.
Sep 25, 2020 6:50 AM

Oct 2016
I loved that episode holy shit, I was smiling throughout the whole episode. If only this is how they adapted the first 10 episodes it would have been better, or if they had more episodes I am sure feel could have done so much more.

Yukino and Hachiman ugh, they are made for each other. I am glad we got to see screentime for all the characters even if it was little screentime. I am going to miss this show I hope we get an OVA.

Overall I loved season 2 the most because of how it pulled on my heart strings but, this is definitely my second best season just because of the ending lmao. 9/10.
Sep 25, 2020 7:08 AM

Apr 2020
This ended solidifying a place in my heart as one of my favorites.

May Hachiman and Yukino's relationship flourish beautifully.

Well this is it guys! This is the end... It's been a long ride! :D
Sep 25, 2020 8:02 AM

Aug 2018
I havent still watchin this because i know that after i watch this there will be no more Oregairu that makes me sad af and happy at the same time that finally the anime ending with Yukino and Hachiman being together.

I will write a review of this after i have a enough courage to watch the very last episode of this series xD
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Sep 25, 2020 8:12 AM
Aug 2018
Thanks kami-sama the show is finally over.
Sep 25, 2020 8:33 AM

Feb 2020
what about Yuigahama.......I feel bad for her....She didn't even get a chance......

Also........I'm gonna miss my Waifu Kawasaki.......She rarely got any screentime this season......Only that restaurant scene.....

I think this was a Good Series!!
This season: 7/10

BUT........ I think it's Overrated!!
Now, Now.........where are the Meany Replies....
Sep 25, 2020 8:39 AM

Jan 2011
A great ending for an amazing series.
Sep 25, 2020 9:35 AM

Jun 2015
After 7 years ... Just incredible, I feel like I died and went to paradise OMG <3
“The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.” -Cowboy Bebop
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

421 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

» Does the light novel continues from where season 3 ends

Alfee_51 - Jul 22, 2021

20 by Tobitwo »»
Mar 30, 12:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.