Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2020 6:59 AM

Apr 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So in this episode, we were shown the reaction of people when they saw Subaru die, and what happened after Subaru died.

I thought, Rem was really awake, and it turns out, she was a fake Rem, and she was Carmilla (witch of lust), she disguised herself as Rem.

And Sekhmet (witch of sloth) appeared! and also all witchs gathered!
Sep 23, 2020 7:06 AM

Nov 2011
Seeing all these witches, and of course, the tea party itself again was pretty strange but fitting for a series' penultimate episode.

Let's see how they'll wrap up this season next week with all the buildup to this point.
Sep 23, 2020 7:10 AM

Jan 2017
They removed all Emilia scenes *sigh*
Edit:- Being a re zero fan for 4 years, I'd still give this series a 10/10 because I am obligated to
Sorry for derailing the thread btw
Here some screenshots:-

swirlydragonSep 23, 2020 8:59 AM

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Sep 23, 2020 7:46 AM

May 2019
Oh, so it would not be even "Re", neither "Zero" anymore.

More like "That Time I Got Reincarnated in Another Timeline Dimension Again. And Again. And Again..."

The beggining of this episode ALMOST confirmed my theory from July. But as Echidna said, it just was made from Subaru's memories.

Come on, if a history is about "TIME TRAVEL", so it is not far from this kind of plot.

My surprise is that i didn't believe that this aspect would come to the CENTER of Re:Zero plot this way. Of course, as an artifice from Tappei only for bring more psychological torment to our best boi Subaru, in this "Evangelion" of Isekai.

Rob7 said:
*No spoilers please*

Just theorizing about what we have in hands from the plot right now in the beginning of the second season: Subaru's Return by Death, and evidences that Satella is responsible for that.

From Steins Gate to Avengers, the Timeline Split is very common nowadays. In this theory, when you interfere in the course of time, you divide it and both realities keep existing and moving on, along with infinite dimensions/timelines.

It requires less power to just split a timeline, than to completely stop, erase a reality and restart it from a point in past.

I think that is what Satella is doing to Subary, since it is easier.

Is she Godly powered right now? To accomplish every unimaginable feat? She may be, probably some Novel readers will say so, but i think it is more logical to the plot that her powers are restrained right now, since she is "dead/defeated by the Dragon" (not spoilers, everything from season 1).

But she is powerful enough to physically summon 1 person from another dimension, and to do the Return by Death. Here is the point, the RbD works just by sending Subaru's last memories to another new Subaru while spliting the timeline from a certain point.

Agreeing with that, we can say that for every Subaru's death, there is still a timeline moving without him.

1. The timeline where Emilia was killed right after Subaru by Elsa, and soon after that Pucks End's Beast started a frozing massacre in the capital of Lugunica (at least until he faces...spoiler)

2. The timeline where Elsa took Emilia's insignia by killing Felt, Subaru & others, while Emilia... was not killed at least that day?

3. The timeline where an unknown boy was found dead in an alley, without to interfere in the rest of plot (so, Felt possibly was able to sell Emilia's insignia to Elsa without having to die).

4. The timeline where during the night, Rem, the skillful maid best-waifu for many, coldblooded cleaned every piece of Subaru's flesh and blood spread in the corridor of Rosswall Mansion, and in the next morning Emilia become disapointed being informed that Subaru just leaved the house without tell nothing.

5. The timeline where Emilia was also informed the same about Subaru's "depart", and the cute Rem had even less work to displace Subaru's body, buried in a hill.

6. The timeline where Ram returned and reported to Rosswall that the main culprit for Rem's death commited suicide, and then she mourned for the death of her sister while proceeding the funeral. Emilia probably become depressed for a time after such a sudden radical tragedy, and Beatrice probably was forgiven by Ross.

7. The timeline where Petelgeuse killed Emilia and possibly was killed right after by the End's Beast, who proceed his attempt to "destroy the world".

8. The very similar timeline where Petelgeuse managed to kill Emilia and was killed by the End's Beast, who this time also killed Subaru intentionally.

9. The timeline where the same above happened, but this time Petegeuse had not took the trouble to kill Emilia. And at least the Mansion was spared from be frozed.

10. The timeline where Felix and Julius probably was honest to report to Emilia everything that the deceased Subaru did to save her (if not they, Ram could tell it). Then the shocked and guilty Emilia returned with Ram to the mansion to wait for Rosswall (Ross? hello?), while the saddened Felix and Julius found a terrible surprise in the way back to capital.

11. Finally, the timeline where Emilia in absolute shock found Subaru dead after he suicide for no reason, at the side of an complete unknown blue haired girl. The only person who loved her killed himself after asking for some "Remu", what is happening? Then Felix harshly said her to leave the capital. Emilia, depressed, confuse and more lonely than ever, unable to face any new challenge (cough!), moved back to the Mansion...

And all them will move on.

And now in this season i could add a lot more of "paralel" realities, but one worse than the other.

In the last one literally everybody in Roswaal's territory died! (Sanctuary + Mansion + Village).
Sep 23, 2020 7:50 AM

Oct 2017
So Subaru was seeing worlds that might have happened after his death in the second trial. Those were thoroughly well constructed unreality but there's a possibility that those might have been real if Subaru's power is not going back in time but rather jumping into other realities. Guess we'll get the answer someday in the future.

Damn Echidna's character is much more complex than I initially thought. Her monologue in this episode gave me chills, that was dope af. Her expressions were lit and Maya Sakamoto nailed her voice acting yet again. Also as I thought she can't feel emotions and that's why she wants to form a contract with Subaru so that she can understand those feelings through him.

Btw if this is the reason some LN/WN readers were shitting on Echidna then I'd say bruh you dun get her character at all lol.

Also Beatrice's situation is much complex yet so simple. She just needs to have the courage to choose that person but for 400 years she couldn't do it.

It was great to see all the witches at one place for the first time. The witch of sloth is really hot.

A great season overall, totally loved it and it was definitely worth the wait. Now onward to second cour.
MegamiRemAug 4, 2021 7:15 AM
Sep 23, 2020 7:53 AM

May 2019
Btw that moment Echidna offered a contract, i was like:

"NO SUBARU, no, nope NOPE!"

- "just touch my hand ;)"

NOOOOPPPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- BOOMM

Thanks Minerva!

Everything Subaru hate in this world is concerned to vows and contracts.

This is like seel your soul to a demon. A fu* cute demon.
Sep 23, 2020 7:58 AM

Oct 2015
swirlydragon said:
Prog_upworks13 said:
Which scene ? The ones in Subaru trial ? I am not watch the episode yet.

Yes, Rem fans might like this episode. They removed all Emilia scenes for that disgusting manipulative psychopathic maid Rem

hmm that actually a bad decision. It's one reason why I love Emilia while reading a web novel . But maybe they also removed that scene in LN ?
Sep 23, 2020 7:59 AM

Jan 2017
Prog_upworks13 said:

hmm that actually a bad decision. It's one reason why I love Emilia while reading a web novel . But maybe they also removed that scene in LN ?

Those scenes were present in the LN. And the scenes that were present in the anime were 90% cut.
swirlydragonSep 23, 2020 8:11 AM

Sep 23, 2020 8:02 AM

Jul 2014
I waited since the season stared for this episode. White Fox did an amazing job, again.

I think anime did not show this properly, but Reinhard was able to use his sword Reid against Puck's Beast of the End form.
Sep 23, 2020 8:06 AM
Pen

Mar 2018
That tea party with them all was something to behold.

I really thought for a min he was going to accept but you know she's a witch so obviously she wouldn't tell you everything.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 23, 2020 8:10 AM

Feb 2019
Wow. Holy shit is all I can say. What an episode. I wasn’t expecting them to put so much into this week’s,

I feel like the second trial was pretty rushed which took away the impact of it. I mean I understand the logic, and of course if you want the full story you should read the books, but feels like they could’ve done a little more with that. Could just be me.

Dona’s speech in this episode is actually my favourite moment in the entire series as of arc 6 so I was very excited for that to be adapted and wasn’t disappointed at all. Loved the OST, the camera movements, Sakamoto Maya’s voice, everything was great. As a novel reader, 7/10 ep.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenSep 23, 2020 2:45 PM
Sep 23, 2020 8:10 AM
Jul 2018
So they picked Tohru's voice actress for Carmilla, huh? When you compare both of their stutterings, I can kind of see that. Carmilla is a whole other level though.

Echidna's speech scene was perfect. I love all scenes with her, she's definitely a well-written character.

5/5
Sep 23, 2020 8:11 AM

Mar 2012
And her true goal has been revealed.

Echinda wans the return by death of authority and by forming a contract with him she would be bound to his souls and will also be affaected by it.

However in return to use her as he wishes she wants to use him as much as she wants, as she is in the end still the witch of greed.

So beatrice contract was all meaningless, just so she can see what baetrice will do with the goal? Echidna is quite cruel.
Sep 23, 2020 8:12 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best episode of the season, hands down.
Sep 23, 2020 8:12 AM

May 2019
Great, it is episode 12, one to go (and climax will be Satella full presented for the 1st time?)

All the seven cute/hot witches on screen.

ANNNNNND people here want to turn this topic into a RETARDED Rem/Emilia flame war AGAIN!?

Just no. Can we report it?
Sep 23, 2020 8:13 AM

Jul 2014
swirlydragon said:
Prog_upworks13 said:

Those scenes were present in the LN.
If you're talking about this:

and the scene where Emilia learns that Rem killed Subaru, it has been removed from the LN.

I don't know of any other Emilia scene till the end of volume 12 (the end of this episode).
Sep 23, 2020 8:16 AM
Nov 2019
Amazing episode.

Echidna speech was simply amazing, everything it conveyed, and how her true colors are finally displayed.

And finally, Satella appearing, we're finally getting an introduction to her character!!

I can't wait for next week's episode D:
Sep 23, 2020 8:16 AM

Aug 2013
Subaru seeing what happens after his death was hard to see. Now I wonder how the Return by Death works.

With Satella appearance, all the witches are gathered.

Sep 23, 2020 8:17 AM

Jul 2012
I can't tell if Echidna is good or bad anymore :/
Sep 23, 2020 8:18 AM

Oct 2015
ok if dont read the novel , I will say this is the best episode of this season. Thanks white fox to deliver quality in every weeks.
Sep 23, 2020 8:18 AM
Nov 2019
Coldpain said:
Rob7 said:
Great, it is episode 12, one to go (and climax will be Satella full presented for the 1st time?)

This is the last episode for 1st part

It's not, there's an episode more next week.
Sep 23, 2020 8:19 AM

Oct 2015
Coldpain said:
Rob7 said:

we have 13 episodes what are you talking about.
Sep 23, 2020 8:21 AM

Jan 2017
mozgow said:

and the scene where Emilia learns that Rem killed Subaru, it has been removed from the LN.

I don't know of any other Emilia scene till the end of volume 12 (the end of this episode).

The Julius one and the other scenes were 90% cut.
And no point in showing Rem butchering Subaru and Emilia not getting to know about it (which you say is removed from the LN). They could have just cut the whole scene and gave time to all others.
swirlydragonSep 23, 2020 9:51 AM

Sep 23, 2020 8:23 AM

Jan 2019
This episode was so full of tension goddamn. I really wanna see how the last episode will gonna make a conclusion to this part till we will get the part 2 in winter. Can't wait ♡
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Sep 23, 2020 8:25 AM
Dec 2018
Very interesting aspect this episode raised; we get to see the resolution of Subaru's death in the different worlds.

I like how Satella showed up in the end like "you're not taking no one's hand." LOL
I know now that I know nothing.

Sep 23, 2020 8:25 AM

Nov 2014
Shame Echidna wend this way. When she mentioned cotract I hoped she will get glued to Subaru until the end of story. Tbh I still find her to be best waifu.

Ok, Satella appearing there is weird. And considering other witches reactions, which were not entirely antagonistic, I feel like there is another nice reveal coming next week.
Sep 23, 2020 8:26 AM
Jun 2020
ShiroNoFune said:
Coldpain said:

It's not, there's an episode more next week.

Yeah i forgot there are 13 episodes in total
Sep 23, 2020 8:30 AM

Jul 2014
swirlydragon said:
The Julius one was like a powerpoint presentation and the same goes for other scenes. 90% was cut.
I agree they've cut content from the second trial. But no scene present in the LN was removed from the anime.
Sep 23, 2020 8:31 AM

May 2019
My cents:

1. So the 2nd Trial has already started, but this one is very specifical. Can't imagine which would be the Emilia's version for this trial. But maybe these trials are meaningless. This one was basically "Whatever, SUBARU see all the shit you did, so LEND ME this REDO power!"

2. Why Satella did not invaded the 2nd Tea Party? I bet she tried (and that is why she absorved all the Sanctuary) but Echidna somehow blocked her.

3. Let's face it already: Roswaal is a Echidna MINION and all his evil deeds are under her command by the Tome of (Echidna's) Truth. If Subaru had made a contract with her, he would turn completely into another Roswaal.

4. So Beatrice have free will, and got 400 years locked just because HER OWN lack of trust in anybody! See you bad mooded obnoxious introspective weebs, that is what you gain for being bitter and sour with everybody around. Beako and Ram have PROBLEMS and need therapy.

Echidna was innocent there about Beatrice.

-ShadowClaw- said:
And her true goal has been revealed.

Echinda wans the return by death of authority and by forming a contract with him she would be bound to his souls and will also be affaected by it.

However in return to use her as he wishes she wants to use him as much as she wants, as she is in the end still the witch of greed.

So beatrice contract was all meaningless, just so she can see what baetrice will do with the goal? Echidna is quite cruel.

Subaru would gain nothing from this contract. He would turn completely into a souless Echidna minion, and she would say "See? now your suffering is over".

Deus Ex Minerva Punch saved the day.
Sep 23, 2020 8:34 AM
Nov 2016
MegamiRem said:
Wait uh so wth he wasn't going back in time but was going in other paralal worlds? This is the type of stuff I absolutely despise in time travel series. Wtf is the point of even going back in time then ffs

"It's a thoroughly well-constructed unreality." - Echidna.
Nothing's been confirmed yet.
Sep 23, 2020 8:37 AM

Jan 2019
Rob7 said:

ANNNNNND people here want to turn this topic into a RETARDED Rem/Emilia flame war AGAIN!?

Just no. Can we report it?

Yes please...SOMEONE STOP THEM
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Sep 23, 2020 8:38 AM
RevengeCountdown

Mar 2019
Greatest one yet! i thought the first cour will end in volume 12 but now i guess we will get 2 more chapters
EMT

Sep 23, 2020 8:38 AM
Nov 2017
Satella has finally arrived, this is not good news for absolutely anyone

Echidna must really hate satella, among the witches she showed the most hate at the end of the episode
Sep 23, 2020 8:40 AM

Mar 2014
I love the amount of impostor memes this episode is already generating lol

That Echidna 360 scene was so eerie. Gorgeous, sparkly, but you also get her true smile reveal and finally understand that she's truly a witch with no morals to hold her back from getting the knowledge she craves.

Also I can't believe Satella found a way to crash the tea party. Just when Subaru thought he was safe! aishiteru
Sep 23, 2020 8:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Absolutely INCREDIBLE episode once again, great to see all the witches especially Satella at the very end, I can't wait to see the next episode but at the same time after this one we'll have to wait too much time until the 2nd cour :(
I'm not even surprised for Echidna... but damn I was surprised to see all the reactions after Subaru's death.
Sep 23, 2020 8:41 AM

May 2019
Still "best waifu"?

Rob7Sep 23, 2020 8:55 AM
Sep 23, 2020 8:44 AM

Apr 2013
Oh~ now all seven witches are at the Tea Party... Satella found them and she is not amused she didn't get invited
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 23, 2020 8:44 AM

Oct 2017
Rob7 said:
Still "best waifu"?

Yes she is. She is better than the useless heroine Emilia atleast.
Sep 23, 2020 8:45 AM

May 2015
Loved Typhon's reaction to Satella appearing the most

"Oh, it's Tella! Long time no see!" lol she's so chill

Natsu-Yuu said:
So they picked Tohru's voice actress for Carmilla, huh? When you compare both of their stutterings, I can kind of see that. Carmilla is a whole other level though.

Echidna's speech scene was perfect. I love all scenes with her, she's definitely a well-written character.

Oh my god, I didn't notice Tohru's VA until you pointed it out. It's so weird seeing her in both my favourite shows of this season lol

MegamiRem said:

I mean, it was quite obvious from the beginning that she had plans of her own. Still, she did so much for Subaru that it evens out for me. I still like her and think she's a great character and the star of this season (atleast this first cour)
KorhalChildSep 23, 2020 8:57 AM

May 2018
Jesus Christ! I didn't expect Satella to appear. Next episode going to be so amazing I hope. Battle royal for Subaru.

Feb 2016
Once again Subaru's mind was driven to the brink by watching the events after all his deaths. I was thinking Rem once again was saving him but it was the witch of lust in disguise. Though it was still Rem's words that made him gain his composure back.

All this time the witch Subaru thought knew him the most turned out to be far from what he expected. Now all the 7 witches gathered in one place. I wanna see how Subaru will handle all that.
Sep 23, 2020 8:46 AM

Jul 2015
I don't think Satella is going to be kind with Echidna for trying to steal Subaru from her.

Mar 2020
amazing episode but the visuals and animation are getting worse and worse.

Jul 2014
Victor_XP said:
MegamiRem said:
Wait uh so wth he wasn't going back in time but was going in other parallel worlds? This is the type of stuff I absolutely despise in time travel series. Wtf is the point of even going back in time then ffs

"It's a thoroughly well-constructed unreality." - Echidna.
Nothing's been confirmed yet.
Echidna said what Subaru saw was based on his memories and knowledge.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenSep 23, 2020 2:09 PM
Sep 23, 2020 8:49 AM
Apr 2018
Awesome episode!
Subaru seeing what happens after his deaths was painful to watch.
When Echidna proposed the contract I was like nope but during her 360 speech and when her true smile was reveled I was like NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!. I don't think she can be best girl candidate anymore.
Thank you Crazy Diamond Minerva!
Satella appeared! Can't wait for next episode...
Also, like someone said before, we are going to have "Among Us" memes.

Is it me or the witch of lust kinda look like a penis, her head with the hair looked like a glans.
Manaarii_0Sep 23, 2020 8:53 AM
Sep 23, 2020 8:51 AM

Jan 2019
dredoque said:
amazing episode but the visuals and animation are getting worse and worse.

Hmm...I haven't seen almost any animation problem...well at least not as episode 10 had were it really showed up with some inconsistencies. Glad they made it into 2 parts...i don't wanna imagine if they did go with it 25 episodes with the corona pressing on their heads lol.
Sep 23, 2020 8:51 AM

Oct 2015
MegamiRem said:
Rob7 said:
Still "best waifu"?

ok you literally same as him (swirlydragon). Just stop it.
Sep 23, 2020 8:54 AM
Jan 2014
To be honest this is the weakest episode so far it almost feels like a filler.
No new information gained, only some incomprehensible conversation and long ass monologue.
At least we see Satella again in the end.
Sep 23, 2020 8:55 AM

Oct 2018
I smell a huge cliffhanger will happen in the last episode of this season.
Sep 23, 2020 8:56 AM

Dec 2012
ughh,, i might made a worst decision by bingie watch this season..
now what to do after ep 13 next week,,hmm
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

504 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by titty »»
Apr 11, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 2, 2020

516 by titty »»
Apr 11, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

672 by chiwila »»
Apr 9, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

603 by Fovoin »»
Mar 9, 2:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.