Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 22, 2020 4:24 PM
Jan 2020
Here's a short-story in fan-fiction prose offering an answer to the age-old question, "How well do manga-oriented stories coordinate with sports fables and athletics markets?" What do you think?

DISCLAIMER: I have no ties to the Montreal Canadiens and this fictional manga-adapted short-story is simply a vignette about new age dystopian paranoia and is in no way related to any official claim about sports team security disasters.

Thanks for reading (and enjoy!),

====

Founded in 1909, the cool Montreal Canadiens are a proud and accomplished professional ice-hockey team in the National Hockey League (NHL) in the USA. They've won a whopping 24 Stanley Cup titles since the early 1920s and boasted stars including Doug Harvey, Guy Lapointe, Howie Morenz, Guy Lafleur, Bob Gainey, Serve Savard, and Patrick Roy. Now, the Montreal Canadiens looked to grab the Stanley Cup trophy after the Coronavirus tribulation. They'd just recruited a hot young player from Japan named Ichiro Hyundai.

Hyundai would be the first Asian player to play in the NHL and moved to Canada to practice and play with his new Canadiens team. He promised to bring the championship title back to Montreal and for the first time since the early 1990s. Since the 1990s, many other teams including the Pittsburgh Penguins and New Jersey Devils shined, while the Canadiens failed to accomplish the ultimate task of bringing home the Stanley Cup trophy. How, the Japanese ice-hockey sensation striker Ichiro Hyundai looked to bring a treat of a title back to Montreal.

Ichiro Hyundai was a practicing Buddhist by religion but converted to Catholicism after moving to Canada and joining the Canadiens. He impressed his coach and teammates and immediately helped his NHL team start scoring prolifically, stamping the team's presence in the league and announcing his confidence with authority. He continued to promise everyone in the press that the Stanley Cup would once again be something Montreal could toast. Meanwhile, a fanatical psycho fan who hated the Canadiens and wanted their rival team the Tampa Bay Lighting to win began stalking the new Canadiens star Ichiro Hyundai.

This psycho anti-fan, Ken Lee, was a Chinese-American who moved to Canada to stalk Ichiro Hyundai who started to make his Canadiens NHL team shine in ways that elevated them past their some-time rivals the Tampa Bay Lightning. Tampa Bay had achieved modest successes since the 1990s, but the Canadiens tried to keep pace with them, offering them exciting challenges in pre-season exhibition games and in the playoffs. That's why Ichiro started promising people that one of his exciting goals was to simply down the Tampa Bay Lightning. This infuriated this psychotic Tampa Bay fan Ken Lee who now sought to assassinate the NHL's sensational loudmouth striker-star Ichiro Hyundai who helped the Montreal Canadiens earn a top-seed in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

KEN LEE: "I'm going to cut Ichiro Hyundai's head off and bury it in the sands of the desert outside Tampa Bay, because he'll destroy the fantasy I hold about my Lightning ice-hockey team becoming a new era super-sensation and get past the glory-lights of old school teams like the New York Islanders, Montreal Canadiens, and Pittsburgh Penguins. If I fail, I'll consider my terrorist mission a complete disaster."

===

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

More topics from this board

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

28 by Ex-Aid »»
2 hours ago

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - Yesterday

1 by TheMechaManiac »»
Yesterday, 11:43 AM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

361 by panque »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

» Anime hoodies - New brand

abambata - Apr 13

3 by abambata »»
Yesterday, 7:47 AM

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

3 by abambata »»
Yesterday, 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.